Chapter 5: First Hangout

Once Again

A week passed after the festival and Jongdae invited the Kim brothers, Seoyun and Hana to hangout with him at home. Hana went to Seoyun’s house first because they will buy foods before going to Jongdae’s. 5 minutes passes when Seoyun came out from her room. Seoyun and Hana bid goodbye to Seoyun’s parents. They went to the convenience store after and bought some snacks. Then, they walked to Jongdae’s apartment.

“Jongdae, your friends are already here.” Mrs. Kim said as she opened the door.

“Good morning, Mrs. Kim” seoyun and Hana both greeted her which she returned happily. Soon enough, Jongdae came out of his room. He led them to his room as they waited for Junmyeon and Minseok. Half an hour later, the two arrived and they started setting up Jongdae’s room.

    They put a lot of pillows below his bed and Mrs. Kim gave them bowls and glasses for the snacks and drinks they bought. After setting up, they settled themselves on the floor. Their arrangement is Minseok, Junmyeon, Hana, Seoyun and Jongdae.

“Which movie should we start watching?” Jongdae asked them.

“Let’s watch Conjuring!” Minseok happily suggested.

“I’m scared of horror movies, though.” Seoyun mumbled, “but I’ll be fine.”

“Conjuring, it is!” Jongdae skipped to the DVD player and attached his flash drive. The movie started playing and Minseok is very much concentrated on the movie. Seoyun and Hana are making comments from time to time together with Jongdae while Junmyeon just kept on eating. Scenes ade not yet scary that is why Seoyun is still relaxed. Minutes passed and the movie starts showing creepy scenes until..

“Aahhh!!” Seoyun shouted as something appeared on the screen. The 4 beside her laughed as Hana asks if she’s alright. The movie ended with Seoyun constantly screaming at the scary scenes. They was not able to eat the snacks except for Junmyeon because they are too focused on the movie aside from Seoyun. Jongdae’s mother appeared inviting them for lunch.

    As they were eating, the boys kept on teasing Seoyun for screaming a lot. They just laughed about it and Mrs. Kim watched the kids with amusement. After eating, Hana and Seoyun helped Mrs. Kim with the dishes and the boys went upstairs.

    The boys arranged the room to be suitable for games. After washing the dishes, Hana and Seoyun went upstairs as well. They settled themselves and Jongdae pulled out his precious board games. They started with Monopily which Junmyeon won. They teased Junmyeon about bring rich because of his properties. The next game they played was UNO cards.

“Oh, I only habe two cards left.” Minseok said. As the game makes its round, it was Minseok’s turn again and everyone is observant. One of the, should shout “UNO” before Minseok does. Minseok was about to put down his card.

“UNO!” “UNO!” Hana and Minseok shouted at the same time but Hana was a little faster and Jongdae is already handing out two cards to Minseok. The game then continued with a few more rounds. After their games, they decided to sing some songs.

“Next time, ket’s do a sleepover.” Jongdae said which the other four agreed. The day went by so fast since they were enjoying. Mrs. Kim asked the kids to eat dinner first before they go home. They agreed to it and ate first.

    It’s already Monday and classes starts whether the students liked it or not. Since half of the school year already passed. The teacher told them about the change in seats. Hana’s seatmate became Yerim, Jongdae’s seatmate became a boy named Jongdae and Seoyun’s seatmate became Baekhyun.

“I heard Jongdae babbling about your little hangout last Saturday.” Baekhyun turned to Seoyun.

“Oh really?”

“Was it fun?” Baekhyun asked.

Seoyun laughed. “Well it was fun. We had a great time, actually.”

“I see. My friends and I went to the arcade as well.” Seoyun nodded.

    Their first subject teacher arrived and the classes went on. Lunch came and Hana, Seoyun and the Kim brothers arrived at the cafeteria. Jongdae had to run some errands that is why he is not yet with them. They settled themselves at a table which is across the table of the famous kids.

“So, I heard our Seoyun’s seatmate is Byun Baekhyun.” Junmyeon said.

“Yeah, ever since the festival, this will be our first interaction.”

“Does he ever talk to you? Or is he the typical y famous kid?” Minseok asked.

“No, he’s good. I mean he’s nice. That time during the festival, he’s friendly to me and Jongdae.”

“That’s good, then.” Junmyeon nodded.

“Yerim is nice, too. We exchanged some conversations as well.” Hana shared.
    Lunch break ended and the second half of classes started. Time passed by and its already time to go home. Junmyeon, Hana, Seoyun, Minseok and Jongdae decided to get some bubble tea before they go home.

    As they entered the shop, they noticed Jongin and Sehun on one of the tables. They made their way on the opposite side to get a table. Minseok and Jongdae ordered their drinks.

“I can’t believe we’ll be juniors in a few months.” Hana said.

“I hope we’ll be classmates next year.” Junmyeon looked at the two.

“That will be nice.” Seoyun agreed.

Jongdae and Minseok arrived with their drinks and they continued chatting about random stuff.

At the other side of the café..

“I hope we’ll be classmates with Yerim and Baekhyun hyung.” Sehun said sadly.

“Well, you know the school administration will not let us be in one class.” Kai rolled his eyes.

The door of the shop opened revealing Yerim and Baekhyun.

“My boys!!” Yerim literally ran to Kai and Sehun’s table.

“Stop running, Yerim!” Baekhyun hissed. The chaos caught the other customers’ attention.

Jumyeon stared at her dreamily. “Yerim is really pretty.”

“Kim Jonghyun is already courting her, sorry for bursting your bubble.” Minseok chuckled. The whole table erupted in laughter making Junmyeon pout.