Chapter 3: Club Meeting

Once Again

    First official club meeting starts and Kim Jongdae introduced himself as the president of the singing branch while Yixing is the president of the instruments branch. Jongdae coaxed the members to introduce themselves. One by one, the students stood up and said their introductions until Seoyun’s turn  came.

“I’m Lee Seoyun from class 2A and I am a transfer student.” She said. The next to introduce is Baekhyun.

“Byun Baekhyun from class 2A.”

    After the introductions, Jongdae handed out booklets that contains the club’s activities for the whole school year. He also passed a sheet for the members to put their contact numbers on.

“Hi, you’re the new student from our class, right?” Baekhyun turned to Seoyun. She returned it with a smile and nodded.

“I already heard a lot about you, Baekhyun-ssi.”

“Of course. But, don’t be so formal with me. I won’t eat you.” He laughed. “Just call me Baekhyun, we’re friends after all.” He smiled at her.

    After a few minutes of Jongdae’s rambling, the meeting finally ended. Everyone said goodbye to each other. Seoyun then starts walking to the bus station when she noticed that someone is walking beside her.

“Hi! You’re our new classmate, right? I hope you notice me.” He asked Seoyun.

“Yes, I am and I do notice you. Nice meeting you, Jongdae.”

“Are you on your way home now?” Seoyun nodded. “I can see that we’re going to the same direction. Let’s go together.” Jongdae smiled at her which she returned and they continue walking.

    Jongdae and Seoyun rode the bus together and they separated at the bus stop. Seoyun told her parents about everything that happened including the club’s activitied and they are happy to know that Seoyun is opening herself to others and that she has been making some friends.

    Weeks gone by and more club meetings happened. Jongdae announced that they won’t have any meetings for 2 weeks. Hana has been busy with the theatre club as well but she and Seoyun still hangs out at school. It is currently a Friday and Seoyun is in her room, resting after a tiring school day. Her phone suddenly rang showing Hana’s name. Seoyun then answered her phone.
“Seoyun! I like to ask you something.” 

“What is it?”

“Are you free tomorrow? Let’s hangout!”

“Don’t you have theatre practice tomorrow?”

“I do, but it’s just at the morning. Let’s have lunch outside.” Seoyun told her that she’ll ask her parents first and she’ll update her if her parents will let her.

    During dinner, Seoyun asked permission from her parents if she could go out with Hana. They immediately agreed saying that Seoyun should go out from time to time. She texted Hana that her parents allowed her. They spent the rest of the night texting each other until Seoyun told Hana that she’ll get ready for bed.

    The next day, Seoyun woke up at 8 in the morning. She washed up and decided to help her mother at home. They cleaned and prepared for lunch. At 10:30am, she is ready to go out. She bid goodbye to her parents and went out. She arrived at school at exactly 11:30. Hana texted Seoyun that she’ll change her clothes first before meeting with her. When she’s done, they made their way to the bus stop and waited for the bus. Soon enough, the bus going to Myeongdong finally arrived.
    
    When they reached Myeongdong, they decided to eat first since they are both hungry already. They decided to get some samgyeopsal at a good restaurant. After their lunch, they got some dessert namely ice cream. The two started roaming around the streets, entering some shops and starter looking for things to buy. Few hours later, both of the, have bags on their hands and they spotted a bubble tea store. They ordered some bubble tea and fries.

“You know, I had so much fun today! Let’s do this again sometime.” Hana said.

“Yes, I didn’t know I could enjoy Seoul this much.” Seoyun agreed.

“Oh there’s more to come, dear Seoyun!” They both laughed.

    It was finally time to go home and they separated at the bus station. It was a fun day for both of them and Seoyun can’t wait to tell her parents about what happened.

    Monday came so fast and the day started with each group of friends huddled up, talking about what happened with their weekend. The door suddenly opened revealing a sleepy Baekhyun who spotted Seoyun looking at him and gave her a tiny smile in which Seoyun returned.

“Did.. you just shared a smile with Byun Baekhyun?” Hana exclaimed.

“Well, we were in the same club so I guess it’s a friendly gesture.” Seoyun said.

“Oh, so Byun Baekhyun didn’t go for hapkido this year, such a waste.”

“Is he that great?” Hana nodded then they both laughed.

    Hana and Seoyun’s routine continued as usual, lunch together, go to the bus station together, text each other. Their friendship is already at the level where people will think that they are best of friends since forever. Days passed so quickly and it’s already a Saturday. Seoyun is currently at the club room listening to Jongdae’s meeting.

“The school is having a festival a month from now. We should start grouping ourselves now to showcase different kind of performances. I suggest we do it by class.” After Jongdae explained the things they need to do, he approached Seoyun and Baekhyun.

“So, it will be us.” Jongdae smiled at them and Seoyun returned it while Baekhyun just nodded.

“So, Jongdae. I’m already thinking about this song, let’s sing it. It’s called ‘What is Love?’ by EXO.” Baekhyun suggested.

“I know that song. I think it will suit us.” Seoyun agreed.

“’What is Love?’ then.” Jongdae nodded.

    They arranged their practices every Wednesdays after classes and Saturday afternoons if they have club meetings. Jongdae offered his house to be their practice venue since it is near Seoyun’s house although it will be a little troublesome to Baekhyun.

    Seoyun told Hana about their performance and she is excited. Hana also has a play to showcase on the said festival and even if her role is not that big, Seoyun said that she will support Hana.

    A month is not that long that is why they all started practicing. It is a Wednesday, around 4 days after the club meeting. Classes already ended and Baekhyun and Seoyun are at the school gate waiting for Jongdae since he has to return a book to the library.

“Uhmm.. May I ask something?” Baekhyun suddenly asked Seoyun.

“What is it?”

“What is your dad’s work?” Seoyun faced Baekhyun with an awkward expression.

“Oh..” Seoyun chuckled. “I thought you’re gonna ask something else. Well, my dad works at an electronics company, in the office. Why?”
“Nothing, just curious.” Baekhyun mumbled.

    Few minutes after, Jongdae arrived and they started walking to the bus station. The three rode the bus and while they’re at it, they shared stories about themselves. Soon enough, they reached their stop and continued walking to Jongdae’s house. As they arrived at Jongdae’s house, his mother opened the door for them, giving a shocked expression that her son has brought some guests.

“Mom, this is Baekhyun and this is Seoyun. They are my clubmates as well as classmates. Well, not the adult club but the school club.” Jongdae introduced them to her mom.

“Well, my son did not mention about any guests for today, so I apologize that I didn’t get to prepare some foods. Come on in.” Mrs. Kim said and Baekhyun and Seoyun said it’s fine as they enter the house.

    Jongdae led the two to his bedroom, and there, they started to do their work. They searched for the song first, listened to it and took some notes. Then, they divided the parts that they would sing. They decided not to sing yet and just memorize the lyrics first. They got side-tracked and started talking about homeworks which they ended up doing. Mrs. Kim asked Baekhyun and Seoyun to eat their dinner first before leaving and they agreed. After dinner, Baekhyun and Seoyun bid their goodbyes. Baekhyun asked Seoyun if it’s alright for him to send her home. Seoyun declined saying that her apartment is just a few feet away.