Chapter 1: The New Girl

Once Again

     One fine day in Gyeongsang province, a girl named Lee Seoyun was born. She was well-loved by everyone as soon as she came out. She was carefree and happy until she reached the age of 13. It is the age where kids started growing up and started having some identity crisis. Somewhat, the bubbly Seoyun started being alone most of the time. In less than a year, she will enter high school. Days gone by so fast and she already wished she will spend the whole school year alone. She went to school everyday and went home after class. She did the same routine for half a year until her parents noticed that something seems wrong. She just told them that she’s fine. Another half a year passed and she unknowingly finished her first year in high school in a blink of an eye.

     It was already summer break and Seoyun was spending it most of the time at home. Sometimes, her parents would coax her to come out with them. Since her dad is working in an electronics company, he is mostly at home during the night only. Her mother would sometimes bring her out for shopping or for her to get some fresh air.

     One night, while they were eating dinner, Seoyun’s father opened up something about work which he always does but this time, it is something big. “My boss is finally choosing the employees who will work on the newly-opened Seoul branch.” He said. Seoyun just listened and waited for more information her father is going to unfold. “I was one of the employees chosen.” Her dad’s words shocked her and her mother. Her mother suddenly blurts out stuff such as will her father live away from them and that Seoul is quite far from where they live. Her father told them that it was not just him. The company will be providing them a house. Seoyun observed her parents as they were happily discussing their future plans in Seoul. “I think this will be a great opportunity for Seoyun to find friends and she should be able to come out of her shell as well.” Her dad said.

     “I think I would give it a try.” Seoyun told her parents. It seems like it would not be a bad idea at all. They spent the next whole month packing their stuff. Days passed and it has been two months since the news broke out and here they are, finally moving to a new place. Seoyun is now at the backseat of their car waiting for her dad to start driving. They are finally on their way to Seoul. She stares out the window thinking about the possible things that could happen there like having friends and entering such a nice school. The idea of having friends seems nice.

     A few hours later, tall building started coming into view. New life in Seoul is officially starting for the Lee family. After almost half an hour, they already arrived at their new home. It is a small apartment but enough for them. It has two rooms, a bathroom, and a kitchen. Seoyun’s father also ordered for new furnitures as it is also included in the budget her father’s company gave for his promotion. It will be a long unpacking time since they bought a whole lot of stuff. They decided to ditch the unpacking first and Seoyun’s mother prepares their first dinner in Seoul.

     Few days after, they have already adjusted and they started living the way they used to while they’re at Gyeongsang. Seoyun has started exploring their neighborhood as well as she decided to finally change her lifestyle. She should not be the shy girl that she was in Gyeongsang. She learned about their surroundings especially the café and the convenience store next to their apartment. She also started to learn about the transportation.

     Seoul seems nice so far and as she was just enjoying everything, school is just around the corner. Her mother enrolled her to s good school names School of Arts in Seoul which is just a bus ride away. It is already Friday and after the weekend, school will finally start. 

     Monday came by quickly and Seoyun woke up at 6:00am to prepare for school. Classes will start at 7:30am so she should leave by 7:00am. Her mother already prepared her breakfast. Finally, first day at School of Arts in Seoul. Seoyun stared at her new school for a good minute before looking at her schedule and start finding her first class. She walks into the building for music and looked at the directory. She spotted her room and went on her way there. As she enter the door, all eyes were on her. She spotted on an empty seat near the window on the first row. She made her way to the seat and just stared outside the window. Minutes after, the door opened again revealing three boys and a girl who seems to be a group of friends.

     Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun and Kim Yerim are friends since they were kids. Jongin and Sehun are neighbors but they usually hangout at Baekhyun’s place. Yerim became their friend because they thought it will be nice to have a girl friend. Since then, they are inseparable. After entering high school, puberty hits them making them the famous group of friends because of their visuals. Aside from that, Baekhyun is a smart guy and a hapkido expert just like Yerim.

“Ah hyung! I am sad we’ll not be classmates this whole year!” Sehun whined. Sehun calls Baekhyun his hyung because Baekhyun is older by a year.

“I am there with you, you brat’” Kai said as he smacked Sehun’s head.

“Well, I am lucky I am with Baekhyun oppa.” Baekhyun chuckled as Yerim clings her arm to Baekhyun’s.

“And that’s why people think you’re dating!” Sehun told them.

“But Baekhyun oppa and I are just like siblings.” Yerim said.

     Few minutes later, the teacher already arrives sending Sehun and Kai(Jongin’s nickname) outside since they don’t belong in this class.

“Okay, class! Some of you may have known each other already, but I think I see unfamiliar faces. Please raise your hand if you are a transferee.” The teacher said.

     Everyone glanced around the, trying to find who the transfer students are. It seems that Seoyun is the only transferee in this class. The teacher asked her to come in front and introduce herself.
“Hi everyone! My name is Lee Seoyun. I am a transferee and I came from Gyeongsang province. I transferred here because of my father’s work. I am looking forward to knowing all of you.” Seoyun said as she feels their eyes on her.