Things begin to get ugly

Dress Up {INCOMPLETED)

For Jonghyun, the next few weeks were just like pre-debut training all over again.

Early morning wake up calls, speedy drives to the studio and hour long sessions of ‘training’ but instead of singing and dancing practise, he was being faced with... ‘Model training’

Jonghyun’s worst nightmare turned reality.

And it was quite safe to say things hadn’t been going so swimmingly...

 

‘No! Stop!’ Key called for the umpteenth time from over the shoulder of the camera man. Jonghyun looked up from where he was sat supposedly posing, to see Key walking over to him, frown set firmly on his perfect features.

‘Jonghyun darling you’re too tense, you’re not looking natural, quite frankly you look in pain’ Key said bluntly, hand on hip.

I am in pain, duh.

‘Look let me show you’ Key muttered and Jonghyun started slightly at how close the designer had gotten within a few seconds.

‘Here’ Key said, gently pushing Jonghyun’s shoulders down into a more relaxed slouch. Jonghyun wasn’t used to being manhandled quite like this and was confused to realise it was giving him butterflies.

Stupid stupid stupid he cursed himself and tried to ignore the way Key slid his hands down the dark fabric of his jacket, readjusting the lines over the shoulders before holding Jonghyun’s chin and tilting his head to look away from the camera.

‘There you go!’ Key smiled, hand still cupping Jonghyun’s jaw. ‘You need to treat the camera like some crazy fan girl, play hard to get and just ignore it’s there ok?’ Jonghyun just nodded slightly, not wanting to ruin the new position he’d just been set in. Key finally looked away after what seemed far too long to check someone out and spoke to the camera man.

‘Ok, let’s try it again, whatever you’ve got already, delete, this is the real business right here.’ And with a blinding smile he was walking back over to his position behind the camera man, intently watching the screen with every click.

Jonghyun forced himself to relax and try to hold the pose, not daring to move in case his inexperience showed through again. But Jonghyun found it very hard to focus like this under the professional eye of Kim Kibum, Jonghyun had found he embarrassed himself far too much under his gaze.

After a short ten minutes of the camera repetitively clicking at different angles and Key ‘cooing’ at how well the pictures were coming out, the session was cut short. A loud bang was heard as the door to the small set room was pushed open and a dark haired man came striding in. Jonghyun noticed how tall the guy was, casually well dressed with slightly more rounded facial features and dark shades that he pushed up as he entered the room.

‘Minho!’

‘Key!’

Jonghyun sat and watched as Key ran up to embrace the tall man, throwing his arms around his neck as the stranger just laughed. Jonghyun felt like he was watching an exchange that he wasn’t meant to be a part of, but he shrugged off the weird feeling that was brewing within himself.

‘Minho it’s been so long! How have you been? Did you see the show a few weeks back-‘ Key started babbling excitedly.

‘Key, Key slow down, one thing at a time!’ The man laughed warmly holding Kibum at arm’s length.

Key just laughed along before remembering Jonghyun sat just behind him.

‘Oh, wait! Minho, this is Jonghyun, he’s going to be working with me on my newest line!’ Key introduced, dragging Minho across the set to Jonghyun.

‘Oh wait, you’re the singer right? You’ve got some great tracks Jonghyun’ Minho smiled, offering a hand to shake. Jonghyun hesitantly took it, muttering a shy thank you.

‘Bless you Jonghyun, you don’t need to be shy, Minho here is a good friend of mine, we go way back to when, well to when...’ Key trailed off slightly, features falling just a tad as he seemed to remember something that happened once. ‘But anyway! He’s a photographer, won’t be taking photos of you though, doesn’t work for me’ Kibum recovered, teasingly punching Minho’s arm slightly.

‘Nope! Afraid not, ya never did quite manage to sink your claws into me Key’ Minho joked to lighten the atmosphere.

‘No, though it seems someone else did hmm?’ Key said lightly a hint of bitterness barely concealed as he raised an eyebrow pointedly.

‘Yeahhh, about that...’ Minho started but was cut short by another slam from the other side of the room.

All heads whipped around to the new arrival and the camera man took the new arrival as a queue to get the hell out of there before things got ugly. Jonghyun secretly wished he could have followed the camera guy out and escaped while he still could, but it was too late.

‘Well, well, well, Kim Kibum, It’s been a while hasn’t it honey?’ drawled the new stranger.

 

 

‘...Taemin?’