Jonghyun gets visitors

Dress Up {INCOMPLETED)

2//

 

 

'Kibum, it's like three in the morning what're you doin-' Yuna mumbled over the phone, rubbing the sleep from her eyes and blinking at her phones bright light.

'Aw I'm sorry honey; I just have a few questions...' Key interrupted to apologizes, putting his phone on speaker and leaning back into the cream pillows piled on his bed, magazine laying open on his lap.

'But Key, can't this wait, I'm really tired, the show only finished, like, a few hours ago, haven't you slept yet??' Yuna asked confused in her sleep addled state.

'Sleep is for the weaker of us Yuna, and anyway, I have a fashion emergency-' Key replied nonchalantly flipping through the first few glossy pages in his dim room light, wincing slightly at his fashion rivals models gorgeously posed in immaculate items.

Yuna sighed down the receiver, her voice crackling slightly. 'Since when do YOU have fashion emergencies?'

'Oh darling no!' Key laughed at the idea 'It's not MY fashion emergency! More the emergency of a certain gorgeous singer who just doesn't understand his modeling potential.'

'You mean... Jonghyun?' Yuna squeaked down the receiver.

'Of course! Who else? Now I want you, as my assistant, to speak with his manager, want us working together pronto...'

'But... Key, no one has ever gotten Jonghyun to model for them; he barely models for his own comebacks-'

'Exactly! I want, no, NEED to be the first fashion designer getting him in my clothes.'

'But-'

'No Yuna!' Kibum slammed his magazine down, tossing it off the bed and narrowly missing the large flat screened TV. He rolled his eyes. ' You don't understand, I'm good, I know that, but soon enough I'm gonna get left behind, I need something new! I need to appeal to music fans too!! I need all his crazy teenage fans buying my clothes and magazines because they're desperate to be like him!'

'It's risky Key... do you think it'll even work?' Yuna questioned exasperatedly.

'I'm certain of it. Get me Jonghyun, and get me him now.'

 

 

***

 

 

Jonghyun woke to blinding light, wincing and vaguely remembering that he didn't close the curtains the night before. He groaned under the harsh rays and rolled over, tangling in the satin sheets even more before smushing his face back into his pillows. He was, in short, absolutely exhausted. Performing was always wonderful but it tired him out to no end, he could sleep forever just about now. Just as he felt he was beginning to doze off again a harsh ringing startled him awake with a jolt. The harsh tone abusing his sensitive ears as he fumbled around on the bed-side table for the cruel device. He grabbed the phone, eyes still closed as he fumbled at buttons, hoping for the right one 'Yes?' He mumbled into it, turning it round the right way so he could actually speak into the receiver.

'Good morning Jonghyun! You dressed yet? You have visitors in 10 minutes-'

'Wait, what?' Jonghyun all but shrieked, sitting up and running a hand through his hair.

'Be ready, they wish to present to you a proposition, it’s a huge opportunity, I want you to really think about it-' Jonghyun tuned out the words of his manager as he set to scrambling around his hotel room grabbing a shirt and some random jeans, attempting to throw on the ensemble with one hand.

'Yep, yep good yep...' He muttered in response to words he wasn't hearing before saying bye and slamming his phone down. He surveyed the room, obviously the hotel room was gorgeous and luxurious but oh god it was a tip and he had guests in... 6 minutes?!

this, seriously.

 

 

***

 

 

‘Key, I honestly can’t believe you’ Yuna scolded, eyebrows raised and arms crossed loosely across her chest. Key just laughed at her, glancing briefly at his gold watch before watching the numbers on the hotel wall tick to 00. The doors in front of the pair slide open smoothly and they stepped into the cozy box, fitted with gold mirrors.

‘What can I say Yuna, I’m full of bright ideas’ Key winked cheekily at his assistant who just rolled her eyes playfully before pulling out her notebook. She briefly glanced at the first page before stepping forward and hitting the 5th floor button.

‘Do you think he’s even awake yet?’ She questioned, half joking, half serious. They were visiting ridiculously early after such a huge evening. Yuna herself knew exactly where she’d rather be right now, bed.

‘I hope so, if not, I wouldn’t mind dragging him out of bed...’ Key giggled, wiggling his eyebrows at Yuna before she slapped him on the arm. ‘Yah! What was that for’ He laughed at his tiny assistant.

‘Key, if you want him to work with you then you seriously need to control your gay’

‘Oh, don’t pretend you don’t love me, but ok, just for you’ Key smiled overly sweetly, slinging his arm around her shoulder watching as she pretended to cringe away.

Ding!

‘Well! Here goes nothing!’ She chirped dragging Kibum out of the elevator and down silent golden corridors. ‘142,142, ah! 143’ Yuna counted, coming to a stop in front of a simple dark door, entirely identical to the rows of others. ‘C’mon Key, no backing out now!’ She sang again, pushing Key up to knock. Key gulped slightly, a tiny bit nervous now. God, how he wanted this to all work out. He sighed deeply, smiling to reassure himself before raising his hand and tapping on the door quickly.

 

 

***

 

 

Knock, Knock!

‘’ Jonghyun muttered, still stuffing clothes back into his wardrobe, slamming the door roughly and hoping they wouldn’t fall out on him. ‘One minute!’ He called, dragging a few chairs around the small coffee table at the other side of his spacious room. He still no idea the kind of meeting he was about to have so hoped this would suffice. Finally satisfied with how the room looked he darted over to the doorway. Tossing open the door, apology on the tip of his tongue, he found himself stopping abruptly.

Oh God.

‘Good morning Jonghyun, can we come in? Great!’ Jonghyun stood and just stared. Kim Kibum was here? At his hotel room, inviting himself in? Wait, we? He could only watch as Kim Kibum himself and his presumably assistant invited themselves into his room, taking seats around the coffee table casually.

‘I hope we didn’t wake you, I just very much needed to talk with you darling’ Kibum drawled and Jonghyun melted just a tiny bit. He shut the door slowly and walked to take a seat across from the immaculate pair. They really just screamed money and sophistication. The woman, with shiny auburn hair and pearl earrings and velvet fitted jacket over her smart black dress. Key with his floral suit jacket and black fitted shirt and pants, hair perfectly swished up out of his eyes revealing the clear skin of his forehead. Jonghyun was having a hard time understanding why two such fancy designers sat in his room, the room of a guy who literally didn’t give a about how he looked ever. It was so puzzling.

‘Jonghyun, are you even awake?’ Jonghyun was mortified to realize that he’d totally zoned out and Kibum was waving his hand in front of his face.

‘Can I get you anything to drink?’ Jonghyun spluttered in response, realizing manners were a thing and jolting back out of his seat.

‘Sit Jonghyun, we’re not here for tea, tea can come later’ Kibum laughed before glancing at his assistant. ‘This is my assistant Yuna and we have come to discuss some things with you, some terms if you will.’ Jonghyun just sank slowly back into his chair, confusion still tugging at his features.

‘Terms?’ He questioned weakly, looking between the piercing gazes of the pair.

‘Yes!’ Yuna piped up, spreading a notebook out in front of her on the glass table ‘Jonghyun we’d like you to model for us’ Jonghyun totally blanked, blood draining from his face, eyes widening at the hopeful look Kibum pinned him with.

‘Model?!’ He breathed out, pressing a hand to his forehead.

‘Yes, I see potential in you Jonghyun, I really, really do-‘

‘Potential?’ Jonghyun scoffed quietly to himself.

‘Yes potential! I want you on the front of my magazine, I want you wearing my clothes, I want you to be the new face of my designs!’ Kibum spoke, eyes gleaming as if watching the future of his company flash in front of himself.

‘But...but I’m a SINGER?’ Jonghyun said in a panic. Fiddling with the material of his chair ‘I’ve never modeled before, I told you this yesterday!’ He laughed nervously.

‘And? That’s what we’re here for’ Yuna said, reaching to calm his rapid hands movements ‘We’re here to guide you and teach you and make you the best of the best.’

She glanced at Kibum and Jonghyun watched the fleeting look between the two. They were desperate, he could see that much, but could he do this? Could he possibly pull off this kind of job? He looked into the dark pleading eyes of Kibum, hesitating, he resigned and found his decision made, just like that. Sighing slightly he leaned against the table, head in his hands before finally responding.

‘I’ll do it...’

‘OhmyGod, really?’ Kibum squealed, slapping the arm of his chair slightly in excitement. Jonghyun couldn’t help a small smile at the way the fashion designers face just lit up. ‘Oh, thank you, thank you!!’ He cooed jumping up and pulling Jonghyun into a tight hug as Yuna laughed at the designer’s actions. Jonghyun was already having doubts about having agreed this, he barely thought the idea through after all, but something about the way it made Key so happy made him think that maybe, just maybe, it could be worth it...