three

Unlikely Fairytale

For high school, Yerim had enrolled to the same school as Jungkook. During this time, Jungkook had became taller and he was known as the school's soccer star. While Yerim was just a new student, Jungkook was the popular guy that everyone wants to befriend. Boys from all year level and even girls. Yes, girls.


All this time Yerim hasn't seen this side of Jungkook since they only saw each other on their way from and to school. He has never mentioned his popularity whatsoever and Yerim would like to think that he's just like that. The topics they'd usually talk about are random ones and about books, even fairytales. To Yerim, Jeon Jungkook was still the same boy back during elementary which had announce himself as her Prince. Though he's now taller, voice deeper, and not to mention more mature (though they can still fight over which movies to watch on their movie night).

Despite this popularity, Yerim and Jungkook still had a close relationship. They would sometimes spend their lunch time together when they weren't with their own group of friends, which had resulted in a few glares from other girls. Despite the glares, Yerim had made quite some friends. Unlike her lonesome self during elementary school, she had become more open. Though she was still not as social with the boys, she had made some friends with the guys in drama club.

Unlike the drama club she joined back during middle school, the one in high school was a lot bigger. The members ranged between year levels and also genders. Yerim had once again help out with the costumes and the club members had warmly welcomed her.

Speaking of clubs, Yerim had a hard time balancing her time between studying and her club activities. She wasn't used with the curriculum just yet and was struggling to keep her grades up. That is why she would sometimes find herself in the library after school alone or sometimes with Jungkook when he doesn't have practice.

One day, Yerim had stayed back alone a little later than usual. She was finishing an essay due by the end of the week and didn't really pay attention to the time. By the time she was out of the library, the sun was about to set. Just as she was about to walk towards the school gate, someone had called her.

"Yerim?" The familiar voice called her. When she turned around, she was met with Jungkook and two of his friends from the same year as him and she quickly greeted them. "What are you doing in school so late? I thought you knew I had practice and you would't wait for me."

"Oh, wait for you? Ey," his friends had said before Yerim could reply. "Have you gotten yourself a girlfriend without telling us, Kookie?" Both of them teased before the taller one had remembered her presence.

"Sorry, we haven't introduced ourselves. I'm Mingyu and that" he pointed towards the other, "is Seokmin."

"Hello, I'm Kim Yerim."

"Are you in the same year as us? How come we've never seen you?" Mingyu asked.

"No, I'm actually a first year student."

"Ah, no wonder we haven't seen you before." The one named Seokmin said. "How'd you meet such a cute girlfriend and not tell us, Jungkook?" Yerim had slightly blush at his indirect compliment.

"One, cause she's not my girlfriend." Jungkook explained and Yerim felt a little pinch in her heart. "And two, why should I introduce her to you idiots?"

That had led to a mini banter between the three of them. Two claiming that they weren't idiots and one was just laughing at both of them. Not long after that Jungkook had hooked his fingers on the strap of Yerim's bag and dragged her away. This had resulted in a number of protest from the two so called idiots and a flustered Yerim's "It was nice meeting you sunbaenim." Before she got out of Jungkook's clutch and walked properly.

"What were you doing until this late at school, Rim?" Jungkook had asked after a while.

"I was finishing an essay that's due soon," she explained as she kicked a pebble. "I guess I was too into it, I didn't realise it was late."

"You haven't changed at all, huh?" Jungkook teased and ruffled her hair. This earned Jungkook a tiny glare from the younger. "But seriously Yerim, make sure you tell me if you're planning to stay until late. What would happen if I didn't bump into you?"

"I'll be fine, I can throw quite a strong punch." She replied confidently while flexing her small arms which she laughed at.

"You sure can." Jungkook replied with a shudder. He remembered how Yerim had accidently hit him on the arm when they had their usual movie night. He by not giving her the remote when it was her turn to pick a movie. Lets just say Jungkook felt the sting of her hand until the end of the long intro of the movie.

"But I'd still prefer to take the princess home if I am still able to." Jungkook added casually and continued to walk while Yerim halted. Her cheeks began to feel warm and she was lucky Jungkook kept on wasn't able to see her blushing face. She snapped out of it and began to catch up with Jungkook which ended up with a mini race of who can reach Yerim's house first.