Bonus 2

Unlikely Fairytale

Happy Valentine's day everyone!

Hope you guys enjoyed the day with your loved ones. Enjoy some JungRi fluff!


Colors of red and pink, heart shaped everything decorated the streets and stores. Yes, it was that time of the year again where love was literally everywhere. Girls and boys were seen buying things for their partners; flowers, chocolates, teddy bears, or even jewelries. And there was Yerim, in a confusion of what to get for a certain boy.

She did have to admit that she left this whole Valentine's thing to the last minute. She's been preoccupied with a lot of things and the whole event/day has been kept in the furthest back of her priorities list. She was lucky her friend brought up the topic so she had a bit of time left to get something.

She was currently at the store trying to find some ingredients for the homemade chocolate she's planning to make. She had thought of buying him one but thought that making one herself would be more meaningful. Moreover, it would be a chance to show that she is indeed able to cook after their previous banter.

"Ugh remind me to thank your mom for cooking this." Jungkook said as he finished the last bite of his plate. Yerim had brought over a couple of dishes her mom made for Jungkook while she visited the boy.

"You won't thank me? I helped out too you know." She pointed out playfully and Jungkook snorted.

"You mean helped with eating it right?" He joked. "We all know how a bad cook you are Yerim."

Yerim dramatically gasped as she spun around to face her boyfriend. "How can you say that? I can cook for myself if you must know."

"Baby, cooking instant noodles doesn't count." He teased as he start cleaning the dishes.

"Fine," she huffed, "just you wait Jeon Jungkook I'll prove to you that I can indeed cook."

Thinking back to what she said, Yerim was now left with the realization that she was indeed clueless in the cooking department. After watching a couple of videos of homemade Valentine's chocolate, she thought that it would be a breeze. However, here she was still stuck trying to figure out the ingredients to buy.

After strolling around the store, Yerim was fortunate enough to have been helped by one of the staff. Yerim showed the staff the list of things she needed to buy and was directed to each and every one of them. Not long after, Yerim head on home to start making the chocolate.

 

~

 

To say that she's failed would be too harsh. However, she wasn't particularly happy with the outcome of her chocolate.

After a couple of attempts in preparing it, Yerim faced many struggles. She almost burned it while melting the chocolate and she also mistook salt for sugar. The process of making the chocolate was not what she thought it would be. The videos made it look so much easier! However. she did eventually went through all the process of making it and was met with a quite okay end result.

All that's left is the taste. Yerim took a piece of the leftover chocolate and bit it and...

It tasted horrible.

Yerim just wanted to slid down and curl herself on the floor. She took a glance at the clock on the wall and saw that it was too late to go out and get ingredients or even to buy chocolates. Her only option would be to buy something for Jungkook in the morning before they meet up. With a big sigh Yerim cleaned everything up but had save the horrible tasting chocolate.

 

~

 

She was late. Very late.

Yerim woke up from her sleep not because of her alarm, but because the sun light was starting to burn her skin. She woke up groggily and checked the time on her phone. Her eyes widened immediately and she sprung up from the bed towards the bathroom. She had only thirty minutes left before she has to meet up with Jungkook.

After a quick shower and making herself look a bit presentable, Yerim went downstairs. A small box caught her eye and as she saw the time on the clock she figured she wouldn't have time to get him anything else. So, with a reluctant heart Yerim took the box and dashed outside.

Yerim was late by 15 minutes. By the time she made it to their meeting place, she was running out of air and had to take a moment to put herself together. Jungkook however was not mad. The moment he saw Yerim running towards him, he couldn't help but giving his famous bunny smile. He was ready to give her a hug before Yerim stopped him to catch her breath.

After crouching down to catch her breath, Yerim straightened up to greet him only to be engulfed by his arms. She was a bit surprised by the action but welcomed in nonetheless. "Happy Valentine's day Yerimmie."

Not long after that they parted and Yerim had just noticed how crowded it was. She looked around and saw many couples around, most of them have something in their hands and Yerim was reminded of the package she had in her bag.

She was rummaging through her bag and was about to give Jungkook the box of chocolate she made when someone bumped into her from behind. The box of chocolate slipped from her hand and went to the floor where someone had unfortunately stepped on. Luckily, the person didn't step on it too hard but the box was dented and Yerim wanted to cry.

Jungkook was the one who picked up the box and faced her. "Is this for me?" Yerim nodded weakly.

He opened the box and both took a look at the now ruined chocolate. "Ah, did you make this yourself?"

"Yes." She said quietly. "I'm sorry."

Jungkook was confused at her words. He gave her a questioning look but the girl wouldn't meet his eyes. He then took a broken piece of the chocolate and was about to eat it when Yerim stopped him.

"Don't!" The girl let out. "It tastes horrible and someone just stepped on the box and it's ruined." She cried out her frustration.

"I'm sure it's not bad Yerim." The boy shrugged and was about to take a bite when the girl took ahold of his arm.

"I'm serious." She pouted. "I wanted to prove to you that I could cook but I ruined even the simplest of recipe. But the video made it look easy! But I guess I just don't have the talent for it. Ugh, I feel like I just ruined our very fist Valentine's day."

By the time she finished rambling, Yerim glanced at Jungkook to see his reaction. However, she was surprised at the endearing look he was giving her and also how he gently took her hand in his.

"Come on Yerim, did you really think you'd ruin Valentine's day because of chocolates?" He asked soflty.

"Yes!" She exclaimed."It's like, the symbol of Valentine's day just like roses and teddy bears and all that."

"Do you see me with roses or teddy bears?" He said back and Yerim finally took a good look at him. He didn't actually bring anything!

"Hey! You didn't even get me a rose?" She gave him a look of disbelief. Jungkook laughed, amused at the fast change of her mood but was glad she wasn't sulking anymore.

"I do have something for you, but it's at my dorm." He stated. "Where we'll be spending the whole Valentine's day today."

"What about your roommate?"

"Got him to leave the dorm for us for the rest of the day." He answered casually. "Come on, I can hear your stomach grumbling. We can order something or would you like us to cook something together?"

Yerim grimaced at the mention of cooking. "No, let's just order in. I don't think I want to be involved with anything to do with kitchen stuff." Jungkook laughed as he held onto the box of chocolate on one hand while the other one was clasped around Yerim's.

"Okay, but just to let you know I'll be cooking for you for dinner." He said with a smirk. "Aren't I romantic?" Yerim only replied with a roll of her eyes as they made their way to Jungkook's dorm.

 

Later that night...

After spending the day together and clearing up the dishes, the couple settled with cuddling on the couch. Jungkook had the box of chocolate from Yerim beside him and after insisting, finally got to try it.

Yerim's eyes were on him the entire time trying to gauge his reaction. After the bite he took, Jungkook pursed his lips at the taste before gulping it down.

"It's bad isn't it?" Yerim asked, Jungkook only hummed.

"I won't say it's bad, but it's got a unique taste." He teased and Yerim swat his chest.

"Don't lie!" She whined as Jungkook laughed.

"Seriously it's not inedible," he started, "but for now let's just leave the cooking stuff to me, okay?" Yerim crossed her arms and huffed as she positioned herself away from him.

Jungkook couldn't help the loving chuckle that escaped his lips as he pulled her into a hug. He kissed her hair before murmuring "thank you for being my Valentine, princess."

Yerim turned in his embrace and faced him. Jungkook had a small smile on his face and before he knew it, Yerim was leaning closer. She gave a small peck on his cheek before settling back. "Thank you for being my Valentine as well, Jungkook."

The blush on their cheeks could compete with the roses he got for her.