Epilogue

Unlikely Fairytale

One year later

The school was bustling more than ever. Yerim stood at the front gate of her school, her parents walking behind her. She couldn't believe that she was about to leave this place after a couple of years.

Students were soon piling one after another trying to reach the ceremony hall. As soon as her parents caught up, the three of them went along with the crowd to get to the hall.

After bidding a short goodbye to her parents, Yerim manuevered her way towards her class' section. A couple of her classmates had made their way to the their own seats and had greeted Yerim as she came by. Yerim quickly found her seat and plopped down onto the chair. She has been jittery since morning and was very excited to finally be able to graduate from high school.

Just a couple of weeks ago Yerim had gotten her acceptance letter from the university of her choice. Though it took quite some time to gather the things for her portofolio, the result was truly worth it. She was excited to go do what she loved, designing clothes. Though a bit sad that she would need to live alone, the prospect of have personal space was also thrilling.

She glanced around the room looking at familiar faces. Those who have been in the same class as her and those who were in the drama club, and even those whom she has never even spoken to. Her eyes landed on Chan who also spotted her, he gave her a wave before his friend called him.

Not long after, the MC stepped on stage and announced that the ceremony was about to start.

Yes, this is happening. I'll officially graduate from highschool.

Too bad one particular someone couldn't be here.

 

-

 

The ceremony went surprisingly faster than she thought it would be. Even though they knew there was going to be a special event, the whole senior year were still surprised at what was presented. As soon as they were announced as graduates, the whole year cheered and went out of their seats.

Yerim was able to celebrate for a while with the people sitting beside her before reaching for her other friends. As soon as they were let out of the auditorium, her classmates had called everyone to celebrate and congratulate one another. They talked for a bit and took photos before having to meet up with other people.

Yerim was also called over by her friends in the drama club as the juniors presented flower bouquets and small gifts for the graduates. Yerim was grateful for all of them and thanked each and everyone of them. She even hugged her team (those in charge of costumes) as they were the ones who helped her sort out things for her portofolio.

After they each said their goodbyes, Yerim began walking around the school. Her parents had informed her that they were enjoying the food prepared by the school and that she could take her time. Though at first she didn't know what to do, her feet began taking her to places around the school.

Her feet took her firstly to her first year class room which was still the same. She took a peek at the table that she used to have and saw that it was still the same, with a couple of doodles and scribbles. She continued her walk to her second year class room and up to her third year class room. Each time sitting on her previous table.

The next place she went to was the drama club's room. The room was kept tidy and everything was in place. She opened one cupboard filled with costumes and was happy to see some of the stuff she made. Closing the door of the club's room, Yerim made her way down the hall. Though it didn't feel like it when she first started wandering, she was now a bit nostalgic.

However, her thoughts were cut short when a familiar voice had called her. Looking for the owner of the voice, she spotted Mark Lee just down the hall.

The boy went up to her and both had congratulate one another for graduating. Next thing she knew, Mark had asked her to come to the school's garden.

When they arrived, Yerim could see that Mark was fidgety. He started scfatching the back of his neck and fiddled with his fingers before he finally spoke up.

"So, Yerim, uh I don't know how to start," the boy fumbled with his words, "well, I guess you could say that uh, I-I think I l-like you?"

"You...like me?" Yerim echoed back.

"Yes! I mean, yeah, I've liked you since I've transferred here but I, we haven't had much time to talk and uh, I thought I'd just tell you now."

"But it's okay to not reply!" He quickly added. "I just thought it's worth telling you."

"Mark," Yerim said after a moment of silence, "I'm flattered but I'm already seeing someone."

Yerim could see the boy's shoulder deflate but he quickly straightened up and gave her a small smile.

"Yeah, I sort of guessed." He finally said. "Don't feel bad though, maybe it's my fault for not making a move sooner." He joked and she offered him a small smile. Soon Mark had to leave to find his family, after saying their goodbyes Yerim was left alone again.

It was still a bit cold outside, but it has been warmer as a couple of flowers have already started to bloom. There was a rustling sound behind her before a voice spoke up.

"Can't believe that a year later and I still see you being confessed to after the ceremony."

Slightly surprised by the familiar voice, Yerim quickly turned around to find the person she thought couldn't be there. The familiar voice belonged to none other than Jungkook who was sporting a long coat while holding a bouquet of flowers.

Yerim was left stunned by him that she didn't realize she had agape until Jungkook tipped her chin up to close it. "Better make sure you close it or else flies could get in."

"Congratulations Yerim, you made it through high school." Jungkook said, handing her the bouquet which she quietly accept. She was still looking at him in disbelief.

"I thought you couldn't make it." She finally voiced out, her once scattered thoughts were back in place.

"Surprise!" He said cheekily. Yerim couldn't help but smile, but not before giving him a punch to his chest. That earned a slight grimace from Jungkook which only caused Yerim to stuck out her tongue childishly.

"Okay I deserved that, but!" He began. "I can't believe you've moved on so fast and went with that kid."

"That kid is named Mark," she retorted, "and he had just confessed which I had just rejected."

"I know, I know. I was just kidding." Jungkook replied before ruffling her hair affectionately. "Now can I give the princess a hug?" His arms were stretched out and Yerim quickly went for a hug.

"Congratulations again princess." He said softly. "Can't wait for you to go to uni and for our dates to happen more often than now."

Yerim only hummed. She too felt the same, she couldn't wait to for them to be closer like before. Though both went to different universities, they were located near each other. Their dorms were also only a couple of blocks away, unlike the long journey they both had to take to visit each other during the past year.

"Okay, I promised to bring you back to your parents quickly." Jungkook said when they finally pulled away.

"Wait, my parents knew you were coming?" Yerim asked and Jungkook only speed walked away while gesturing her to come along.

Before she went though, she looked back at the place she was in. It was actually the place where they had confessed to each other a year ago. Laughing at herself for only noticing it late, Yerim smiled fondly at the memory and went after Jungkook who was waiting for her.

Though she must say that there were many memories in this place, she couldn't wait to make new memories wherever she goes next with Jeon Jungkook. After all, the next chapter of their story is just about to start.


A/N: wow can't believe it's over! I'd like to thank all of you who have read this fic. I hoped you all enjoyed this one. Oh, I might also be posting some bonus chapters in the future so stay tuned!