Meeting

Unlikely Fairytale

When Kim Yerim was five years old, she was just like most girls her age. Those who loved playing dress up, dolls, and also played pretend. She loved reading, especially the fairytale books her parents would read before she goes to bed. Her dreams were filled with battling witches and exploring new lands. Another thing that she dreamt of was meeting the Prince. Even at 5 years old she was a er for romance.


Yerim found joy in playing by herself. She'd get lost in her own pretend world and would find comfort with the presence of her dolls. This could be the fact that she was an only child and how rarely she gets to play with other kids.

That is why, when she had went to school she didn't really play with the others. Yerim wasn't bothered though, as her mind was occupied with dragons, fairies, and lots of adventures. She did however, thought of when her own Prince Charming would come.

When Yerim had entered elementary school, she was still pretty much content on her own. She had made a few friends, but she still liked to kept her mind busy with her own fairytale. She didn't mind the company of the girls, but the boys in her class just makes her uncomfortable. They liked to tease about her love for fairytales and said it was silly, making her dislike the boys even further.

During recess one day, Yerim was convinced she met her Prince Charming. His name was Jeon Jungkook, a boy one year above her. He was playing soccer with his friends when he kicked the ball too hard and it had hit Yerim who was sitting alone reading her book. The impact was quite hard and tears had started forming when Jungkook had came to retrieve the ball. Seeing it had hit Yerim, Jungkook quickly apologised and carried her to the infirmary. She wasn't hurt badly, fortunately but the boy had felt bad. He stayed with her for the entire break and when he saw the book she was holding, he offered to read for her.

What shocked Yerim was that Jungkook didn't when he knew it was a fairytale. He even said that it was one of his favorite book. He then admitted bashfullly that he still liked to imagine slaying dragons and saving his own princess. That caused Yerim to blurt out how she liked to imagine her own Prince Charming as well, in which Jungkook replied with his charming smile,

"Then I guess you can be my Princess and I'll be your Prince." 

And with that incident, Kim Yerim and Jeon Jungkook's friendship had started. And with that as well Kim Yerim had developed a teeny tiny crush on Jeon Jungkook.