[07] Joy and Chanyeol and Sehun: Those eyes

Glimpses of Joy

 

 

"Excuse me miss, are you ready to order now?" The waitress had now returned to her table for the fifth time.

 

With her head hung low, Joy replied with the same answer as she had before, "I'm really sorry, I'm just waiting for my friend. He should be coming right now."

 

In her utter embarrassment, Joy set her gaze on the white fabric covered table. She had set a plan with Chanyeol to meet up within their favourite restaurant along the quiet side fo the town on a sunny afternoon. Yet he had been hours late from their destined time to meet.

 

Fishing her phone out of her bag for the tenth time, Joy typed angry death threats to the boy in great urgency.

 

Come now if you want to live.

 

Lifting her head from her phone she had realised that the other costumers had been staring her way as whispers begun to fill the tiny restaurant.

 

"How pitiful," Joy frowned slightly when the whispers became louder and clearer, "She must have been stood up by her boyfriend."

 

Joy mustered all her strength to control her fiery mouth from talking back to a couple of girls who had been giggling and whispering to each other while giving obvious glances her way.

 

Chanyeol and Joy weren't dating, heck, she didn't even think it was possible. She and the famous boy band member had been going to various food adventures where they would travel to far off places to find food joints that would give them privacy. Surprisingly, their destined restaurant was only two blocks away from the EXO dorm, which quickly became their favourite hang out.

 

They had been busy lately as comebacks were about to happen for both of their groups, so they had planned an outing to relieve themselves from the stress and pressure that the public and company had placed amongst their idols. They had particularly enjoyed eating together, conversing about everything and nothing in particular. And through those secret rendezvous made the two almost inseparable to the point that their fellow members had begun calling the two as the infamous Park Siblings, who was almost behind every prank within the whole Sm family.

 

Regardless, her ability to reminisce about their fun times together, Joy couldn't hide her disappointment as she once again steals a glance at the large clock hanging on the walls of the restaurant.

 

Joy returned her eyes to the window beside her, scanning the crowd for a disguised Park Chanyeol, who she was going to strangle once he steps foot inside the restaurant.

 

---

 

 

However, unbeknownst to the girl, a slim and tall looking boy had continuously looked her way from a nearby bench in front of the restaurant. He had been there even before the girl had entered the restaurant and had been flinching every time the annoying waitress had made her way towards the lonely girl. He wasn't stupid, he knew it was Joy, heck, he would have known it was her even if she was 100 miles away with a potato sack tugged above her head.

 

Of course, he would know it was her, after all, they had been working in the same agency for the past few years. Oh, Sehun wasn't one to forget faces, nor was he a man who could forget faces that had annoyed him in the past before.

 

---

 

 

Sehun had known Joy as a friend of Chanyeol who had often dragged the boy off to random places during his free time. Sehun didn't have a grudge against the girl, however, he did find it annoying that one of his favourite Hyungs had begun to cancel on their play dates to go eat with the girl. To make things worse, Chanyeol had also begun to come late to group practices as he had been on their so called 'foodventures' and yet, miraculously, Chanyeol never received the same punishment as the rest of the boys did for coming late to their practices. Sehun scoffed muttering something about their leader, Suho, who would have probably become the president of his Hoobaes' fan club. Curse him for being too kind.

 

He wasn't jealous of the attention that the girl was getting, but he would be a liar if he didn't admit he did get annoyed over Chanyeol's absence.

 

From then on, Sehun couldn't look at his Hoobae the same way as before. Yet he couldn't stay angry at the girl whenever she would smile and bow as he would walk past. Curse those twinkling eyes.

 

---

 

 

With shades covering his eyes he continued to watch the girl. His heart breaking a little every time she looked down and allowed her hair to cover her face from the people talking about her from the inside of the restaurant.

 

Sehun released a sigh as the waitress had once again walked over to the girl and once again the same conversation with the girl. Sehun lifted his sunglasses to better see the defeated look that the girl gave after the waitress left to tend to her other customers. Feeling his heart drop, he saw the girl grab her bag tightly as if preparing to walk off from the restaurant despite the embarrassment she was receiving.

 

Taking pity on the girl, Sehun had stood up and walked towards the restaurant. However, a change of sight made the boy halt in his tracks.

 

From his position, he could clearly see the girl quietly wiping her tears away from her porcelain face. And somehow, if possible, his heart dropped even more.

 

Just when Joy was about to stand up and leave the restaurant, the glass door burst open and in came a slim looking young man with shades in his eyes. In an instant, he looked towards her, keeping his gaze directly to her.

 

"Sooyoung-ah!" The man called, "Sorry I'm so late. Traffic was horrendous around my street. Have you ordered yet, order whatever you want. I'm paying since I feel bad for being late."

 

Joy looked at the man with wide eyes and a confused expression. The man walked confidently to her table and sat directly across her with a small smile spread across on his face as he observed her surprised face.

 

"Excuse me," Joy leaned closer to the man and whispered, "Who are you?"

 

The man smirked and lifted his sunglasses as his reply. Almost instantly the girl gave a quiet gasp, leaning back, Sehun gave a slight scoff. Of course, she was in awe, after all, he was the mighty Oh Sehun of EXO, who wouldn't be in awe of his presence.

 

"Sehun-shii?" Joy asked in a whispered and unbelief, "Why are you here?"

 

"Yo," Sehun replied with his signature smirk decorating his face, whispering a reply "I'm here saving a little crying chick from being stood up by her non-boyfriend, or whatever you call Chanyeol-hyung these days."

 

Joy looked back with wide eyes and wiped any traces of tears from her face.

 

"Besides, Hyung is at a sudden meeting with the managers so I don't think he can make it to your little date." Sehun smugly replied. "So here I am as he's late minute replacement.

 

Seeing as the girl remained surprised, Sehun skimmed through the menu, "Just go along with it."

 

It wasn't as if she didn't like the man, it was just that she felt intimidated by him. Even though Chanyeol and Sehun were close friends, their personalities couldn't be more different. Chanyeol is warm, nice and friendly, always smiling, and eager to be of help from people. Meanwhile, Sehun is cold, chic and mysterious, always frowning, and never really interested in doing anything. Plus, Joy had always thought that the boy had despised her for taking Chanyeol's free time away from spending time with him.

 

So she was really surprised to see him there, much less, saving her from utter humiliation.

 

"Miss!" Sehun waves over the annoying waitress, "We're ready to order."

 

Joy blinks in confusion before pouting in annoyance as she faces the disguised man, "So now Oppa doesn't have time for me."

 

"Yah!" Sehun scoffs as he orders his meal. Sehun blurts, "There's a man in front of you and all you can think about is another dude? No wonder you guys aren't together yet."

 

"Shh!" Joy cupped his lips with her palms, "Honey, can you get any louder?"

 

Joy's eyes bulged, signalling to the people around who had obviously listened to their conversation. Sehun merely gave a shrug of his shoulder before returning to smiling amusedly at the still stunned female in front of him.

 

Their food had finally arrived in a hot and steamy pile. Sehun grabbed his pile and quickly stabs it with his fork. He brings the food to his lips and gently blows on it before placing it in front of Joy saying, "Ahhh"

 

Joy looked at the boy confused while Sehun opened his mouth and repeated the sound. Joy gave a sharp shake of her head, intending to refuse the intimate act.

 

"What are you doing?" Joy whispered in confusion.

 

"Well, honey," Sehun smugly smiled, "I'm trying to feed you, so say ahhh."

 

Sehun once again opened his mouth as if showing her what to do. The girl had finally opened and he placed the food gently within .

 

"Good job Honey," Sehun smiled through his lies, "I feel so happy seeing you eat. I feel full just seeing you eat so happily."

 

Joy smiled knowingly that the boy had been mocking her in his act. Joy gave a fake smile as a reply before thinking of a way to get revenge from the youngest EXO member.

 

---

 

 

After the meal, the two exited the restaurant hand in hand with fake smiles plastered on their partially covered face.

 

"Okay, now that I've saved you from such an awkward situation I'm going home now," Sehun stretched his arms before waving to the girl as he begins walking away.

 

However, before the man could walk any further, Joy grabbed his wrist and begun dragging him away to the opposite direction.

 

"What are you doing?" It was Sehun's turn to ask. "Isn't my good samaritan work finished?"

 

"No way honey," Joy fakely beamed at him, "We're just getting started. We're going shopping next and guess who is going to pay?"

 

"Pay? It better be you" Sehun gasped as he saw the girl dragging him halt and shake her head, "What? Hey! I already paid for your meal! That wasn't cheap and you eat a lot more than most female idols."

 

"Well, Chanyeol-oppa usually does this with me and since you're his substitute right now you have to do the things he usually does." Joy smiled back, happy to get her revenge, "And I can definitely say that I am not like most female idols."

 

"I know very well," Sehun smiles as he shakes his head while being dragged away by the now happy little chick. Curse those charming eyes.

 

---

 

 

Sehun came back to the dorm once the sun had finally set. He had to force himself to walk to the sofa before completely losing consciousness from feeling so tired and exhausted.

 

He had never felt so tired during his free day from schedules yet he never felt as ever satisfied as he had been at that moment. He had accompanied Joy to various shops and had almost emptied his wallet, however, he never once felt angry or annoyed at her. In fact, it made him feel like he needed to pat her head for some odd reason. Now he may have understood his Hyung's affection towards this girl.

 

Sehun woke as Chanyeol was gently placing him down on his bed to sleep for the rest of the night. Sehun looked at his Hyung who seemed to be snickering at him.

 

"Jeez Sehun" Chanyeol sighed, "What have you been doing today that made you this tired? I've never had to carry you to your bed before and I can definitely tell you that you have gained a lot of weight since the last time I had to carry you."

 

"Nothing much Hyung," He answered with a smile on his face as he remembered a smiling face of a certain girl.

 

---

 

 

Chanyeol mouth remained hanging during the preparations for SMTOWN tokyo concert. A girl who he had been excited to meet, had forgotten to greet him first. To rub salt into his wounds, the very same girl had went straight to his bandmate to show off her new jacket.

 

Not being jealous at all, Chanyeol scooted closer to the two and listened to their conversation.

 

"Sehun-oppa look at my jacket," Joy twirled around to show the boy. "Isn't it nice?"

 

Sehun gave a slight laugh before replying, "Hmm, I wonder who gave you that jacket?"

 

Joy laughed in response and those cursed, sparkling eyes reappeared, "You know what? I don't think I can remmember."

 

Sehun's face gave a brief stunned expression before he broke into a sprint, chasing after the girl who had bolted out of her spot. The two continued to bicker as the two groups greet each other, obviously disregarding the rest of the members who had been staring at their antics.

 

Beakhyun, one of Chanyeol's closest friends came close to the tallest boy, "Yah, what happened between those two? Didn't you say that they don't get along?"

 

Chanyeol frowned at those words, obviously confused also, "I don't know what happened either."

 

Deciding that he head seen enough, Chanyeol was determined to separate the two.

 

"Sehun," Chanyeol called out, "We need to go."

 

Sehun gave the girl a wave before walking to follow the tall boy who had begun walking, "You better take good care of that jacket."

 

"Of course!" Joy replied to the retreating boy, "Thanks for the jacket Sehun-oppa!"

 

Joy gave a brief greeting to the tallest EXO member before running off to find her own members, thus, adding fuel to the fire.

 

Hearing her conversation with made Chanyeol stutter, "D-did you buy that jacket for S-sooyoung-ie?"

 

"Ah neh hyung," Sehun nonchalantly replied to Chanyeol's back, "We went out to one of your dates the other day since you were busy."

 

"How did you know where she was?" Chanyeol replied a little taken back. 

 

"I didn't" Sehun replied casually, "I just saw her waiting for someone for a really long time, so I felt sorry for her."

 

Sehun's response caused a hidden meaning to float within the tense atmosphere between the two.

 

Frowning, Chanyeol replied, "I thought you said you didn't like her. Didn't you say that she was just using me?"

 

"Nah," Sehun replied in a casual tone, obviously not noticing the heavy atmosphere surrounding the tall boy, "After spending time with her, she isn't that bad. She's pretty fun to be with."

 

The other members who had joined their walk to their changing rooms had grew quiet, listening to the two members who had been exchanging words.

 

Chanyeol stopped in his tracks causing Sehun to come into contact with his back. "Just promise me you won't break your word."

 

"Wh-" before Sehun could ask what he meant, Chanyeol had already turned around with an unreadable expression plastered on his face, " You said you can never fall for a girl like her before. Don't break it."

 

"That was years before," Sehun replied, "Besides I never said that I liked her, I just said that I think she's okay as a friend."

 

"But you had fun when you were with her while pretending to be me, didn't you?"

 

The members had exchanged looks between the other members, confused on what to do. It was their first time seeing a passively agressive Chanyeol. Many of the members had noticed Chanyeol's feelings towards Red velvet's former youngest member, so they had understood the older boy's anger towards Sehun, however, Sehun wouldn't go behind his back if he had ever known of Chanyeol's feelings towards the girl.

 

"Hey hyung," Sehun placed his two hands in the air as an act of surrunder, "I'm not trying to cause problems between you two. I was just there because she felt lonely."

 

Chanyeol gave a frown towards the youngest, "Are you sure about that? If you want to take her away from me don't deny it. Be a man and tell it to my face right now."

 

Feeling attacked, Sehun gave the older member a scoff, "Last time I heard you guys weren't even together. Hyung stop acting like a jealous boyfriend, it doesn't suit you."

 

Chanyeol's eyes grew bigger in his anger. He never expected Sehun to disrespect him much less humiliate him in front of his other members.

 

The members had immediately seperated the two before the taller man could give a reply or a punch. Deciding to keep the two members seperated created an uncomfortable aura within their changing room. It suffocated the members and the staff within the room, yet no one dared to say a word to the two, afraid to cause a brawl.

 

---

 

 

The two continued to pretend as if the other didn't exsist, even to the point that the boys remained in the opposite sides of the stage during the ending song of the concert. Many of the other artists had felt the suffocating aura surrounding the two EXO members, therefore, spoiling the happy mood that would often fill the last stage of the concert.

 

The atmosphere had somehow improved on the ride home to the dorm, however, the two continued to refuse to talk to each other even when the other members had begged the two to reconcile.

 

Once settled within their rooms, Chanyeol came busting into Sehun and Suho's room with his head hung low.

 

"Sorry Sehun, I was being immature." Chanyeol apologised while bowing to a perfect 90 degrees.

 

"No Hyung I was also in the wrong," Sehun replied almost immediately. "I disrespected you and I should have known better."

 

"I like Joy," Chanyeol confessed making both Sehun and Suho (who was in the still in the room...eavesdropping) surprised, "If I told you earlier then maybe we wouldn't have this problem."

 

"There is no problem Hyung," Sehun replied, "I don't like her like that."

 

Chanyeol gave a sigh of relief, finally allowing himself to breathe from what seemed like eternity. Chanyeol gave the boy a smile before moving to leave the room.

 

"That's what you say now," Chanyeol quietly mutters, "I said the same thing at the beginning but there just something about her eyes that seems to draw you in."

 

Once the taller boy had left the room, Sehun plopped down to his bed with a heavy sigh. He was so sure that he wouldn't even be attracted to the girl a couple of days before this whole incident, yet if asked now, the boy wouldn't be able to give a clear, honest reply.

 

Suho tapped the youngest boy's shoulder as a sign of support, subtly understanding the situation that had recently occurred.

 

Curse those beautiful eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

I’M BACK!!!

After a while I am now able to update you guys with a long awaited chapter!

I am so sorry to have made you guys wait, writing a love triangle is just too difficult for me. I had so many plots in my head that I couldn’t really decide on what to write for these three. Seriously I had about 3 other plots that I wrote for this chapter that I had to scrap as it was too difficult to portray emotionally.

Anyways, it feels great to be back. There had been a weird surge of updates from stories I’ve subscribed to so I was motivated to update.

I really hope I hear from you guys, I miss you guys! I hope I haven’t lost your interests yet. I think the most bizarre and ridiculous chapters are just ahead of us so look forward to that!

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!

To be honest, I would really appreciate some plot prompts, I have never though such thing would be so difficult.

Please comment below and let me know what you think!

 

PS. I will hopefully update my crackship fic this week or mid next week! Unless work calls me and decides to ruin my week of happiness.