[09] Joy and Ten: Awoo (with a side of an adorable Jisungie)

Glimpses of Joy

 

 

"Uh-uh" the oldest boy tutted, "There is no way I am going in there."

 

“Don’t worry Hyung,” the youngest patted the oldest boy’s back, “You have us.”

 

"Where's your ‘I'll look after you both today’ speech?" the girl asked the oldest boy who seemingly gave no reply.

 

"I don't understand why they would choose to put together the two easiest people to get scared with the youngest who seems like he would make things worse with pranks," the girl exasperatedly replied, "And on top of that make them do the scariest thing in the whole park. It makes absolutely no sense"

 

Waiting right in front old the freaky large wooden door the three stood in both awe and fear.

 

The door creaked open ever so slightly when a cold and bony looking hand reached out and ushered them forward. So, with slight shaking and trembling the group walked towards the door and entered to the unknown.

 

---

 

 

 

A few hours earlier both NCT and Red Velvet were welcomed inside the theme park early in the morning. Apparently, the company had granted the youngest male and female groups an exclusive trip to an amusement park where they were to shoot a brand-new episode for their V-app series, VICTORY. The members were to separated into groups where they would introduce their allocated area in a new and innovate way.

 

The episode began when the hosts, Leeteuk and Eunhyuk Sunbae-nims, separating the members into groups of 2 or 3. And somehow through a weird twist of fate, Ten, Joy and Jisung had ended up in one group together.

 

With a goofy smile on his face, Ten walked closer to the only girl in his group with the youngest in hand, "Anyeong, it seems like I am the oldest today!"

 

The girl gave an awkward smile in response to the 100 mega watt smile that seemed to radiate from the Thai boy. It felt awkward standing next to the two boys, the female staffs gave a squeal of delight as the monitor zoomed in the group of three who had smiled at each other.

 

"Ahh," Leeteuk sighed, "Look at these three, don't they look like a young family."

 

This automatically brought the girl to blush, stealing glances to see whether the older boy had also blushed like she did.

 

However, the boy remained indifferent, oozing with pride as he gave the youngest a little pat on the head, "I'll look after you both today!"

 

Cue another round of squeals.

 

This time coming from her own members who eyes grew large as their hands covered their shocked faces. Funny enough, some of the boys had also squealed at the words uttered by the Thai boy.

 

"Pfft," Joy attempted to smother the scoff rumbling in as a response to the boy's eagerness.

 

'Way to egg on the misunderstanding,' she thought.

 

"Don't mind Hyung," Jisung whispered to Joy's ear, "The older Hyungs had been babying him during promotions so he's been determined to be more 'responsible' what ever that means."

 

Joy silenced her laughter as she looks at the youngest who had been pointing at the oldest member of their formed group.

 

"To be very honest," Joy laughed quietly as she continued to watch the Thai boy enthusiastically grabbed the hand-held camera and shoot hearts to the viewers, "You seem more responsible and mature than he is."

 

The little stare that Joy gave Ten did not go unnoticed; as some viewers had begun to express their feelings through leaving supportive messages for the two within the comment section of the V-app. As other groups took the spotlight, a few hints of supportive messages for the two remained prominent within the comments.

 

"Okay, now that you've met each other. Let's pick our own areas," Leeteuk interrupted both the members and the viewers.

 

One by one, each group selected a piece of folded paper placed inside the cup. And one by one each group had identified their areas.

 

Finally having their turn, Joy ushered Ten to select the paper. With an excited feeling, Ten smiled at both of s who awkwardly smiled back. Upon opening the folded paper their smiles instantly disappear.

 

Haunted House.

 

Crap.

 

"Yah!" Joy smacked the boy as the rest of the members within the room had begun to laugh at their dilemma.

 

"Deabak!" Wendy exclaimed, "Joy is the easiest to scare in all of Red Velvet. She can't even sit still during Halloween, good luck to your group."

 

Wendy's statement garnered laughs from the people in the room only to be interrupted by Johnny, "Wow, I guess that group is really meant to be. Ten gets scared by his own shadow at night. He thought it was a giant bug."

 

"Well I guess Jisungie will be the bravest one in the group," Yuta laughed.

 

The spotlight shifted to the groups who had also begun to select their allocated attraction. However, no amount of distraction could ever keep the heads of Ten and Joy from imagining the absolute worst. They were going to enter a haunted house. In the dark. Probably filled with bugs ghosts.

 

"It could be worse," with his enthusiastic aura gone Ten shakenly smiled, "At least we don't have to go in one by one."

 

This sparked a small flame of fury from the only girl. However, before she could retort back a sassy reply, she was once again interrupted by Eunhyuk who addressed the viewers, "Each group will be given a mission to complete within their chosen attraction. They are only allowed to leave their allocated area once their mission is completed."

 

"That means, each group will continue to attempt the mission until it is complete," Leeteuk smiled at Ten whose face seemingly have gotten darker, "So even if you have exited the haunted house, if you have not completed the mission, this would mean that you would have to start all over again."

 

A string of colorful words slipped past the now furious girl's lips. Luckily the microphone hadn't been able to catch the silent whisper.

 

'Oh great, now I have to actually open my eyes during the haunted house,' She thought as she gave a quiet sigh.

 

This sigh, however, did not go unnoticed by their self-allocated leader who offered words of encouragement, "Don't worry Sooyoung-ah we can do this!"

 

Jisung shook his head and muttered, "Hyung you should say that to yourself, I can see your hand shaking all the way from here."

 

This caused the said boy to blush as he shyly rubbing the back his neck in embarrassment. The Thai boy had been famously known for his tendency to get scared over anything. The NCT members have all heard the story of the time the Thai boy nearly had a concussion as his body dramatically convulsed in fear after seeing an advertisement of a scary movie in their dorms accidentally. The boy adamantly denies the title of a coward, stating that such reaction was a medical condition, however, the male members had seen so many incidents to disagree.

 

---

 

 

 

After a few minutes of walking, the group proceeded to their allocated area while a small number of staff followed them closely behind. Once all groups are positioned, the viewers are then instructed to choose a group to view live as all groups are broadcasted simultaneously.

 

Whilst the rest of the groups worried over their number of audiences, a group situated in the far east of the theme park, prayed to have no viewers at all.

 

"Noona," Ten quietly whispered to one of the female PDs behind the scene hoping to be quiet enough for the viewers to miss, "What happens if we accidentally swear?"

However, before the PD could even reply, a hoard of comments appeared on their phone.

Has Oppa sworn before?

This caused the boy to sweat in fear, "O-of course I-I h-haven't."

 

This caused the viewers to laugh virtually, increasing both the number of viewers and hearts.

 

However, despite being happy, this garnered a less-playful punch from the girl who had grabbed the hand-heled camera off the boy in attempts to salvage their live broadcast.

 

"We're here at an amusement park and our great leader," Joy ushered to the Thai boy seen behind her, "Have chosen the scariest attraction here. Please look forward to seeing absolutely nothing and hearing all our screams."

 

The oldest boy smiled sheepishly and gave the girl a gentle punch. The girl in return playfully glared at the boy in front of the camera, showing her growing frustration over their situation.

Aigoo, look at those two. They look like a couple bickering

I wish I can go to a haunted house with my boyfriend too

They suit each other. Both are scaredy cats.

 

 

The youngest gave a rather loud scoff as he stood in the back watching the interaction between the two as he simultaneously read the comments. The two automatically blushed and turned to the youngest who had pretended to have been paying attention somewhere else.

 

A hoard of comments had once again flooded their channel.

Aigoo, uri Jisung-ie is stuck between the Hyung and Noona scaredy-cats.

Kekeke Jisung-ie looks so done with the two.

Have strength Jisung-ie!!

 

 

The two automatically moved away from each other in embarrassment as the tips of his ears burn bright red.

 

Just before any of the older two could respond to what the viewers were commenting. The PD had told the members to line up side by side with each other. Quickly following the instructions given by the PD, Joy stood to the right of Ten who had Jisung on his left when a surge of staff ran off to restrain the members from moving. Once restrained, the PD had approached the group with a something in her hands and within an instant, the three were handcuffed together.

 

"So, your mission is to enter the haunted house handcuffed together," the female PD read, "Somewhere inside the haunted house are keys which can unlock your handcuffs from each other. The group is only allowed to leave the haunted house after all 2 keys are found. Whilst inside, you are also required to record yourself despite having a VJ following your every move. Each team will receive hints for every time their viewer count increases by 500 so make sure you continually interact with your viewers."

 

Giving the hand-held camera to Joy and Jisung, the PD bade them farewell as they were directed to the front door of the large haunted house.

 

Looking at the youngest’s hand-held camera, Ten gave a worried smile, "We'll survive right?"

 

Ten looked at the girl attached to his right wrist who had worried plastered all over her face, "Don't worry Sooyoung-ah we'll survive."

 

However, instead of receiving a response, the boy received another punch. Yet the boy's gaze did not leave the girl who seemed to be much paler than before. Gone was the light pink tint of her cheeks or the excited glint that was ever present in her eyes.

 

Feeling the need reassure his fellow member, Ten grabbed the attached hand of the girl and gave it a light squeeze, "We'll be alright."

 

Joy gave a worried smile and a light punch, "You should say that to yourself. I know you're scared too."

 

A small cough from the youngest made the two snap out from their own world. Apparently despite the youngest’s attempts to censor the somewhat intimate moment by facing his handheld camera solely to himself; their quiet conversation wasn't able to be muted from the background. In fact, the subtle whispers from the two caused quite a stir within the audience.

 

Jisung-ie should just go in alone so that the other two can enjoy their date kekeke

 

Kekeke our Jisung-ie is so cute

 

Jisung-ah hang in there. It’ll all be over soon.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

The pitch black cloud of darkness welcomed the trio as they entered the haunted house.

 

“Why is it so dark in here?” Ten complained.

 

Scoffing, the youngest replied, “Duh Hyung, it’s a haunted house for a reason.”

 

The older boy gave the youngest a glare as Joy giggled a the boy’s antics, “You guys are so cute.”

 

Before any of the boys could give a snarky reply, a small blue light illuminated in a room not far away from where the three were standing.

 

“I think that’s one of the keys,” cried Ten.

 

However instead of entering as a group, the oldest boy in the middle, ushered the youngest to enter. The oldest boy in an instant received another punch from the girl, reprimanding his actions.

 

“Why are you making Jisungie enter the room first?” she grumbled, “Shouldn’t you be the first one in oh mighty leader?”

 

“But he likes this kind of things,” the oldest pouted in reply.

 

“Even then,” Joy rebutted, “He’s the youngest.”

 

“Ahem.”

 

“But Noona,” the foreigner whined, “I’m scared.”

 

Another cough could be heard in the background.

 

“Pfft what Noona?” giving up, the girl gave a smile of defeat, “Fine, let’s just go together.”

 

With another now-more-obvious cough, the attention of the two older members turned to the youngest, who held out an illuminated key in his hand.

 

“When did you get that?” the oldest exclaimed.

 

“When you guys were so busy arguing, I reached over and grabbed it,” Jisung nonchalantly scoffed.

 

With matching surprised looks plastered on the faces of the older two, the number of viewers had once again increased; along with the comments.

 

Aigoo, parents shouldn’t fight while their child s watching

 

Oh, no their first lovers quarrel. I’ll pray that you guys can get through this

 

Appa, Umma let’s not fight anymore.

 

Kekeke Jisung is such a smart son

 

As expected from our Jisung-ie the perfect son.

 

 

Upon reading the comments the two oldest’s faces had begun to blush. Lifting their fiercely linked arms up high, the two begun to shake their forced linked hands.

 

“Aniyo,” Joy furiously denied as she non-subtly jabbed the oldest boy.

 

“Yeah,” the oldest hazily agreed, “Jisung-ie isn’t our son.”

 

A few seconds of silence filled the air. It took that long for the two to fully understand the words which have carelessly escaped the lips of the oldest boy.

 

Unfortunately, the slip of the tongue was not left unheard. The growing numbers of viewers had significantly jumped dramatically increasing.

 

Oh wow! It’s this a relationship scandal?

 

So if Jisung-ie isn’t Ten and Sooyoung’s son, then who is their child?

 

Congratulation! We never saw this coming but we’ll support you all throughout this!!!

 

They suit each other perfectly! Both are scaredy cats

 

They even have a son already! Wow, they got together really young.

 

They must have gotten Lee Sooman’s blessing if they are allowed to say something like that so leisurely in public.

 

 

Just the mention of the legendary name of Lee Sooman brought chills down the spines of the two idols caught up in an accidental scandal.

 

Feeling quite terrified, the girl once again jabbed her elbow sharply to the guts of the oldest boy, “Look at what you’ve done!”

 

As the two continued to bicker with one another. The youngest had begun proceeding through the haunted house, dragging the still quarreling couple while rolling his eyes at the camera.

 

After a few more minutes within the haunted house, the trio had slowly proceeded throughout the rooms only to reach the last few rooms of the haunted house.

 

However, a bright red light in the furthest room stopped the three from their tracks. The last key is placed at the very end of the corridor which is clearly protected by a few zombies and ghosts. The three were feeling extremely tired as they proceeded through the haunted house in a snail’s pace. The three had screamed through almost every room, running like headless chicken every time they would catch a glimpse of a ghost.

 

---

 

 

 

The three had been so slow with their mission that all other groups had now returned to the room where Leeteuk and Eunhyuk had been waiting in. The groups had all gathered around the monitor, watching the trio stumble their way along the haunted house, causing great laughs for the two groups. However, a sudden change of atmosphere made the whole group quiet.

 

There in the live broadcast, a zoomed footage of two tightly entwined hands made a large buzz both in the other members watching and on the online viewing community.

 

“Ommo ommo,” Irene uttered, “What is happening in there?”

 

Before anyone else could comment on the intimate shot, the camera had shifted to the trio who had finally plucked up enough courage to sprint through the ghost-and-zombie-filled hallway.

 

As predicted by almost the whole nation, the two oldest members had begun giving running whilst keeping their eyes closed whilst screaming their heart out. The high-pitched-glass-piercing scream produced by the two oldest made the whole country laugh.

 

Despite having their own hand-held camera in their hands, nothing was ever shown on the screen as blurs of darkness and random burst of light was shown.

 

At the end of the corridor, past all of the ghosts and zombies, the youngest had grabbed the illuminated key and had once again securely placed the key in his pocket. With a small break, the trio caught their breath as they once again prepared to run to another side of zombie infested hallway.

 

With another set of piercing screams from the trio, the sprint across the last hallway had begun. However, with a little shriek and a small wrong step, the girl came tumble down causing the whole group to dramatically halt.

 

“Noona!” Jisung exclaimed.

 

With closed eyes, Joy had accepted that she would now be surrounded by ghosts, attempting to scare the life out of her; however, a familiar voiced ringed in her ear.

 

“Please don’t scare us,” Ten begged the ghosts, “Our teammate is injured.”

 

As she opened her large brown eyes, she found herself face to face with a man’s heaving chest. The more she stared the more she feels as if she had been hypnotized by its steady rising and falling.

 

“Stop please,” Ten had once again yelled as he used his body to shield the fallen girl, “Sooyoung-ie is hurt. Please let us through just this time.”

 

In that instant, everything seemed to have stood still. At that moment, Joy completely forgotten that she had been in a haunted house or the fact that she was being recorded for the whole world to see.

 

And suddenly, Joy had thanked the darkness that perfectly concealed her now red as a fire truck face. The sudden close proximity had caused quite a stir within its viewers.

 

Ommo ommo, look at the knight in shining armor shielding his princess from the ghosts.

 

Wow, how bold. I never knew Ten could be this charming. Congratulations Sooyoung-ah I hope you guys last long.

 

Growing more uncomfortable as seconds pass by, Sooyoung had begun to squirm under the oldest’ hold. However, instead of letting her go, the oldest boy peeped below him to sneak a smile at the still blushing girl.

 

“Are you okay, Sooyoung-ah?” Ten worryingly asked, “You’re not that hurt are you?”

 

Despite being so out of it, Sooyoung had managed to shake her head.

 

“That’s good,” Ten smiled brightly at the still dazed girl, “I’ll have to carry you out the haunted house, is that okay?”

 

“Aniyo,” Joy automatically denied, “I can walk, besides the ghosts won't attack anymore so I can walk.”

 

“Aniyo,” Ten replied, “How would your fans react if they saw me letting you walk if you were injured?”

 

“Even so,” Joy pouted.

 

“Stop being so stubborn,” Ten lightly punched Joy’s head, “Let me take care of you once in awhile.”

 

In one sweeping motion, Ten had moved the fallen girl onto his back. Despite taking a few steps to keep himself from falling, the oldest remained standing on his own two feet.

 

“See I knew I was too heavy,” Joy shyly complained.

 

With a quiet laugh from the oldest, the trio had once again progressed along the haunted house, “Ah it’s nothing I can’t handle. Any man should be able to carry an injured lady.”

 

“Yah!” the girl gave the oldest a light punch, “You are still saying that I am heavy.”

 

“By the way, I heard that you think I was cute,” Ten teased, “Do you want to go to another haunted house with me in the future?”

 

“Yah in your dreams!” Joy yelled with a smile.

 

“Jisung do you want to join our future date?” Ten asked the youngest in a playful manner.

 

“I wouldn’t mind Hyung,” The youngest replied, “As long as you promise to no longer be a coward.”

 

“Yah how can you say that about Hyung?” Ten gave a hurt look, “That’s it, you’re not coming to our future date.”

 

“Yah!” Joy smacked him once again, “We need him, how else are we supposed to survive?”

 

Does this mean you say yes?” Ten smirked at the now flustered girl.

 

“Ani,” the girl replied, “I mean if there ever was a possibility, we would need Jisung.”

 

The light bickering of the three brought another wave of appreciation from its viewers.

 

Aigoo, what would we do with these three.

 

I didn’t expect to have my heart attacked as many times as it did in this broadcast.

 

Sooyoung-ah, Ten-ah let’s walk on the flowery road with your golden son Jisung-ie

 

I sincerely hope that you guys end up together.

 

This Hyung wouldn’t mind seeing you two dating. Live a happy life.

 

Don’t go in anymore haunted house unless you broadcast it live. We want to see you guys progress in your relationship.

 

Sooyoung-ah you have this Unnie’s support. Go date happily.

 

 

 

And with that, the trio had successfully escaped the haunted house; thus bringing the broadcast to a close.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

I am alive and back with the long-awaited chapter! 4000 words to boot!! WOOP WOOP!

Forgive me please for the delay. I feel like I’ve betrayed all of you guys. I mean you guys have waited so long and all you got is this lousy update. I am so sorry and I promise I will work harder in the future.

I know I said I would update this fic months ago but then a lot of stuff has happened since then and I never really found a satisfying ending for this couple. I mean I knew where I wanted it to go but I just couldn’t continue it from where I left off. Man, but it was such a joy to write Joy as a character who could kind of freely express her somewhat evil personality out.

I really liked how they bickered on almost everything. It really was a joy writing about Jisung-ie too, he really added a lot of depth in this chapter so I am happy to have included him into this even though I had never planned him to be this involved.

As always, I ask for your comments and subscriptions. Please tell me what ticked you off in this chapter! I want to hear from everyone, help me improve, please. I hate how much my English especially since English is my second language.

I really hope you are able to enjoy this chapter even though I think this is the worst one so far. I just can’t keep the flow going. The whole story felt fragmented since I kept on changing view points, so I hope I don’t confuse anyone. However, if you do get confused don’t hesitate to pm me and I can personally explain what was going on in my head while I was writing that pile of garbage.

Anyways just in case, you don’t know the name of this oneshot collection is ‘Glimpses of Joy’ I think it is so fitting. Don’t you think so? I mean I aim to allow my viewers a glimpse of Joy in various scenarios in each update. I aim to let my readers see Sooyoung’s beautiful, fierce and silly side and usher the lovely readers to fully shipping our Joy with her happiness; whoever that is in that chapter. I hope I am able to bring you such feeling in this chapter!

With much love and apologize, nomnoms out.

P.S. I love you all for waiting for me. You all deserve cookies.

P.P.S. I have other accounts in different websites under very similar names, if you are able to contact me through that site I will give you guys a secret sneak peek into the other chapters to come!

P.P.P.S. Please comment I love them so much that I would sell my imaginary pet dog for it.