[06] Joy and Wonwoo: When Gongju and Wangja meets

Glimpses of Joy

 

Joy's bruised legs, a result of the latest round of carboxy shot? 

 

 

Great another negative headline grabbing attention means another long lecture from Manager-Oppa. 

 

Joy released another sigh. Most of her bruising came from mosquitoes who had apparently taken a liking to her blood. 

 

The members had often laughed at her during summer when the blood monsters would seem as if they were feasting on her blood. The girls had that her blood must have tasted like green apple, somewhat sweet with a little sour aftertaste. Well, whatever it, it must have driven the mosquitoes nuts, because Joy had found yet another sets of mosquito marks on her legs. 

 

"Aish!" Joy gave a frustrated grunt as she begun to scratch the itchy bites left by the mosquitos, "I worked so hard trying to lose weight and now people think I took shots because of these good for nothing insects." 

 

Irene spared her a glance before lecturing her once again, "Stop scratching it, Sooyoung-ah. I know that it's itchy but you know it will end up as a scar if you keep on scratching it. And once it scars you will regret it all later." 

 

Joy stopped her scratching and gave her leader a glare, "As if you understand, you have never been bitten by a mosquito in your whole life so you get to enjoy your perfectly smooth and itch-less skin." 

 

The car that they were riding came to a halt. They must be in front of music bank. Time to show the world the new set of so-called 'carboxy shot evidence.'

 

As expected, yells and shutters of cameras had begun to reach the girls' ears. 

 

Having her head hung low, Joy walked to the car park where all the members lined up to greet the waiting crowd. After a few minutes of waving and posing for the cameras, the girls were ushered into the building to perform. 

 

Unbeknownst to them, a lone figure clad in black stood above the music bank building with eyes solely trailing the tallest Red Velvet member. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

The recording finished quite quickly, the members had made no mistakes during pre-recording therefore they had exited the building much earlier than expected. Based on the schedule drafted by the company, they were supposed to finish at 12am sharp and head off home if there was no last minute additional schedule. However, the Ex-Maknae had a last minute schedule where she was to join a panel of idols at a viewable radio station.

 

The rest of the girls left with the group van, heading straight to the dorm. The group had another schedule in the early morning the next day so they needed every sleep they could get. 

 

Apparently, the company had no available vans until 12am as planned, so this setup Joy to wait until another van can arrive. Joy was sitting on a chair inside the empty dressing room in music bank with her earphones blasting music to both her ears.

 

Knowing that she would most likely end up sleeping on the chair in an awkward position, Joy snickered to herself, "Take that Irene-Unnie. I'm gonna sleep on this chair whether you like it or not and I will complain to you about how much my back hurt later whether you like it or not." 

 

Smiling at her newfound rebellion, Joy found herself fast asleep just after a couple minutes later. Dreaming of a fabulous dream where the world was free from blood mosquitos. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

Joy stirred in her sleep, showing first signs of waking up from her slumber. With her eyes still closed, Joy grabbed her phone and checked for the time.

 

2:35am. It read, startling her awake. 

 

Where was she? Where was her manager? Had the schedule been cancelled? 

 

Looking around her surroundings, Joy had realised that she was still in the same music bank room, however, much to her demise, Joy had realised that she had been moved from her original chair to the couch at the corner of the room. The most unsettling fact was laying across her body. A long, male, black, worn-out looking trench coat was covering her legs like a blanket. Giving the coat a closer look, a name is neatly stitched into the collar of the coat, 'Wonwoo' it read.

 

If she remembers correctly, none of her Manager-Oppas had clothes remotely similar to this coat. Somehow the piece of unknown garment sent chills all over her body. 

 

She had never been out by herself this late into the night. Now a person had moved her from the chair to the couch and left their jacket with her without even stirring her in herself. Who could have done such thing? Was she being pranked? 

 

Looking around she saw no hidden cameras or unusual props set up around the room. However a chilling sound echoed along the supposedly empty corridors of music bank backstage. 

 

A pair of footsteps could be heard echoing along the wooden floors. Each step louder than before. Sooner than later, the door creaked open slowly, revealing an unfamiliar face of a pale male. 

 

"I see you've woken up," He quietly stated, "I hope you didn't mind that I moved you from the chair. You looked rather uncomfortable and it was painful for me to watch you in that position, haven't anyone told you that your back will hurt if you stay in a position like that for too long?" 

 

"Who are you, my dad?" Joy spat back trying her hardest to mask her fear, "Where's everyone else? My Manager-Oppa was just outside before I slept." 

 

The man strode confidently to the chair that she once sat in and gracefully turned it to face her before sitting on it with a smug grin on his face as he crossed his long legs together. 

 

"I could very well be, knowing how old I actually am," He whispered loud enough for her to hear, "He left, the little twerp was pissing his pants once he saw me. You shouldn't have someone that useless protecting you young lady." 

 

"What do you mean?" Joy took a few steps backwards obviously confused and scared, "Who are you?" 

 

The man gave her a bored look before breaking into deep chuckles. Seeing her frightened somehow made her smell even sweeter, "I believe your question is incorrect." 

 

Standing up from his chair, the man strutted closer to the blonde girl, "You should be asking 'What are you?'"

 

Seeing him up close, the girl had paused before bursting into a fit of laughter, "You should be asking what are you?" she mimicked him, "Ahjussi, I think you have been watching too much movies." 

 

Before the man could utter a reply, the blonde continued to laugh, showing her infamous Satansoo behaviour saying, "Look, if you wanted to have a picture and autograph from me you should just say so instead of dropping that awful line, it wasn't anywhere near as romantic as you hoped it to be." 

 

The girl was the first to move, but before she could completely leave the room, the boy turned to her once again before staring straight into her eyes, "You will find yourself in danger sooner or later and once you finally realise what you're into then it would be too late. I came here thinking you would use my help but it seems like you're just as arrogant and stupid as any mortal in this world." 

 

The girl gave the man a pitiful smile before baiting the male with a sarcastic question, "Ok Ahjussi, would you tell me what kind of danger would I find myself in the future?"

 

"They will find you," The man said with an emotionless face, "And then they will drain you." 

 

Joy had once again begun laughing at the dramatic expression that the male had made, "Drain me? Don't tell me, you actually believe in vampires?" 

 

"Aren't you a little too old for that Ahjussi?" The blonde beauty mockingly smiled before going to collect her items intending to leave the man alone, fearing that the man was, in fact, a crazy seassang fan who had been stalking her. 

 

The male plopped himself on the couch with a heavy thud, "Fine make fun of me, but if you are in trouble don't expect me to come to your rescue. I've warned you enough." 

 

"Neh, Thanks for the warning Ahjussi, I'm gonna go home now," Joy waved to the man before leaving another sarcastic remark, "I will be on the look out for vampires so don't you worry."

 

 

 

---

 

 

The girl had opted to walk alone on the dark streets of Gangnam. Their dorm wasn't too far from music bank building so she was confident enough with her navigation skills to walk by herself. 

 

Joy smiled as she remembers her conversation with the man she had previously met, "How crazy can a fan get?" She muttered to no one in particular, "Too bad, he was quite a looker with that smooth pale skin and piercing black eyes. But he oddly reminded me of Seulgi-Unnie so that felt a little weird."

 

The blonde girl continued to mumble to herself completely oblivious to the crooked ground in front of her. As suspected, the tall girl had fallen to the ground with a bunch of colourful words escaping . Upon inspecting her knee she had found that her left knee was scraped slightly drawing a few drops of blood

 

Standing up straight, the girl simply wiped the blood off her knee with tissues that she carried inside her bag. Once deciding that she sufficiently cleaned her wound to the best of her ability, Joy had continued to walk down the empty street, before she heard rustling from behind her. 

 

Suddenly Joy felt on edge. Not being able to see her surrounding had made her even more panicked. Deciding it was best to run, Joy sprinted along the street with her hair flowing like untamed waves in a sea of darkness. 

 

"I have finally found you," A male voice charmingly informed her. The sound of his voice sent chills down her spine, totally different from what she had felt earlier. 

 

"I have thought that I would end up needing to stalk you to find where you are," A male voice laughed as he stepped out of the shadows of the night to show himself under the light of a nearby lamppost.

 

"Who are you?" Joy asked, taking a couple of steps backwards. 

 

"That's not important Ms. Park Sooyoung," The man took confident steps towards her, "You smell just as sweet as I imagined you to be."

 

"Smell?" Joy questioned, now taking large steps backwards taking note of the stinging sensation of her knee, "Are you a vampire?" 

 

The man laughed in response, obviously satisfied with her answer, "It seems like you've had contact with one of our kind before," He smiled devilishly, "It's no wonder why, I mean look at you, even the mosquitos couldn't have enough of your sweet blood.

 

"Mosquitos?" Joy hummed, thinking of the best lie she could utter, "No, those are carboxy shots, haven't you read the articles?" 

 

The man laughed as he continued to advance forward, "Honey, even a blind vampire can smell the sweet scent that you have," He looked to her once bleeding knee before showing her a potent smile, "That cut right there lead me to you. It gave off such a strong sweet smell that it was hard to ignore." 

 

His face brightened up before saying, "That reminds me if I found you because of your intoxicating smell that would mean that they will come soon," before Joy could utter a reply, the man had completely disappeared from her sight before quickly re-appearing behind her, "Let's get down to business." 

 

Within seconds, Joy let out a piercing scream as a pair of fangs dug deep into her neck, draining her of her blood. 

 

Joy had begun to trash underneath the hold of the man. She was in great pain, she could feel the blood escaping her body in a steady flow. Looking over her shoulder, the could see the head of the man firmly attached to her neck, gulping her blood in a frenzied state. Joy felt her body weaken, her body felt heavier and harder to move, almost as if he was also her energy. 

 

Joy gave another fit of movement thinking that he had enough and would finally let go, however, the man simply detached himself from her neck, up any excess blood that had spilled. Once finished, the man had once again dug his fangs to the other side of her neck, fully devouring her once again. 

 

The man greedily continued to drink her blood to a state where the girl had almost passed out. However before she could lose all consciousness, A name reappeared in her head. 

 

"Wonwoo," She whispered with all her remaining energy, "Help me. Please. I beg of you. Save me." 

 

Within a blink of an eye, another man appeared in front of her with the very same coat she had previously been wrapped in. 

 

"Tsk tsk," He nonchalantly said, "Look at you asking for my help even though I warned you before." 

 

Walking closer to the pair, Wonwoo disappeared for a few seconds before directly reappearing behind the two. In a swift motion, Wonwoo placed both of his hands on the other vampire, one on his forehead and the other on his right elbow. With one big movement, Wonwoo pulled the vampire off the girl's neck forcefully, before throwing him off the ground to a nearby trash can. Looking at Joy, Wonwoo slowly laid the girl on the cold hard concrete before turning to the now injured vampire.

 

"Ah, W-Wonwoo-ah, what brings y-you to the side of t-town?" The male vampire stuttered seemingly afraid of Wonwoo who had walked closer to him. 

 

"What do you think you're doing to my puppet?" Wonwoo asked while his eyes remained glued to the shaking eyes of the other vampire, "Would you want to tell me as to  why I found her nearly half dead with more than half of her blood by a worthless parasite?" 

 

"I didn't know she was your g-girl," The vampire replied, shuffling backwards, "I swear. I thought she was free game. I smelt our kind on her before but I didn't think it was from you." 

 

Before the man could utter any more words, Wonwoo appeared in front of the vampire and in one fluid motion gave his neck a crack leading to his swift death. Wonwoo whispered in his ear, "You thought. That's where you went wrong buddy. I don't particularly like sharing."

 

Wonwoo turned to the extremely pale girl and knelt down beside her to observe her condition, "What would I do with you?" 

 

Scooping her up in one swooping motion, Wonwoo and Joy was gone in a flash. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

Hearing the chirping of birds, Joy stirred in her sleep. Still weak from what seemed like a vivid nightmare, Joy woke up to an unfamiliar bed. She had found herself in a bedroom that she had never seen before. In the room, there were other beds placed close to each other, 5 beds in total to be exact. 

 

Before she could move the sheets that had buried her into the bed a sudden yelled could be heard from within the room, "Gongju-Noona (A/N: Gongju means princess) has awakened!" 

 

This greatly surprised Joy as she had thought that she was alone in the room, however, from the corner of the room a young male had been watching her from the furthest bed. 

 

In a flash, the room was full with numerous males who had been staring at Joy with wonder. 

 

"She isn't as pretty as I imagined her to be," A boy uttered earning a smack on the back of the head from another. 

 

"Yah Boo Seungkwan. Just because you want to be called Gongju too doesn't mean you can be mean to her," A gentle looking boy replied rationally to the mean comment. 

 

"Well, she's way prettier than you," A boy with cute tiny eyes replied to the now pouting boy. 

 

"Give her some space, she just woke up," A boy with dimples smiled at her before pulling the rest of the boys a couple of steps back. 

 

"Where am I?" Joy looked to the boys for an answer. 

 

"At our house, duh" The smallest boy answered smugly. 

 

"How long have I been here?" She asked again trying to overlook the smug reply. 

 

The boy with long hair looked up in thought, "I think you've been asleep for 3 days straight ever since Wonwoo brought you bloodied and everything." 

 

"Wonwoo?" Joy recalled the man who had saved her, "So it wasn't a dream," She placed her hand on her neck feeling scars forming on where the two fangs had pierced her before. 

 

"Would you like anything to eat?" A guy with an exotic looking face asked Joy who slowly nodded her head as she begun to feel nauseous. 

 

"Seokmin-Hyung can you give Gongju-Noona some of the soup that Mingyu-Hyung cooked this morning?" The guy yelled in response.

 

"Who are you guys?" Joy asked the boys who had their eyes scanning over the girl. 

 

"We're close friends with Wonwoo-Hyung," The exotic looking boy once again replied before pointing to each boy, "The diva earlier is Boo Seungkwan, then the gentle one is Joshua-Hyung. The guy being hugged and annoyed is Jihoon-Hyung and the one hugging is Seungcheol-Hyung. The long haired one is Jeonghan-Hyung who is next to Hoshi-Hyung. The one who was watching while sleeping is our youngest, Chan and the one with your soup is Seokmin-Hyung and I'm Vernon. 

 

Seokmin walked to the bedside table next to the bed where Joy was resting, "I know it's a bit of a handful but you really don't have to remember our names." 

 

"Are you guys like him?" Joy asked bluntly, "Are all of you vampires too?. 

 

This surprised Seokmin greatly, causing him to drop the bowl of soup in his hand. Instinctively, Joy reached out to catch the bowl of soup to no avail, the bowl had already been destroyed in many sharp pieces which scattered along the floor. Wanting to help, Joy got off the bed and placed both feet on the floor, however, before doing so she had failed to see a small shard of the bowl positioned directly below her right foot. So as she stood on her feet, she immediately felt a sting where it had penetrated her skin. 

 

In an instant, a man appeared in front of her with his back turned to her. An almost inaudible low growl could be heard within the room. 

 

The boys had taken a couple of steps back from before. Upon observing them, Joy had seen the boys were, in fact, grabbing on to each other as if holding them back from approaching closer. Their pupils were dilated and their smiles were no longer present from their faces. 

 

"Are you okay?" The man with his back towards him had asked in a low and familiar voice, 'Wonwoo' Joy thought.

 

"So they are vampires," Joy thought in amazement. 

 

"I thought you learned your lesson," Wonwoo began his lecture, "Sheesh, Sooyoung, maybe I should have made him drink a little more of your blood so maybe you would learn to be careful around us." 

 

Before the male could continue, the rest of the boys within the room had burst into laughter. Some were banging the walls around them whereas some of the boys were on the floor rolling in laughter. 

 

"Sheesh, Sooyoung maybe I should have made him drink a little more of your blood so maybe you would learn to be careful around us because I just love you so much," Seungkwan laughed mockingly, "Mwah, mwah, mwah."

 

The rest of the boys had laughed even harder after the statement from the Diva. However, an irritated frown had drawn itself on Wonwoo's forehead. 

 

"Yah!" Wonwoo yelled in his signature deep tone, "What are you saying!"

 

"Don't even deny it," Seokmin laughed along, "Gongju-Noona, your Wangja (A/N: Wangja means prince) is a tsundere type."

 

Joy laughed along with the boys as their laughter echoed around the room, this caused Wonwoo to turn to the girl frustrated, "Why are you on their side?" 

 

"Wangja-nim why are you so angry?" Joy mockingly laughed at the now annoyed boy, "Have I done something wrong?" 

 

Wonwoo raised both hands in the air as a form defeat and left the room which in turn caused the boys and Joy to laugh even louder. 

 

Before completely walking out of the room, Wonwoo slumped his shoulders and pouted, "If you're like that then I wouldn't come and save you next time." 

 

The boys and the blond girl laughed once again, enjoying the discomfort of the defeated boy.

 

While laughing, Hoshi had walked closer to the girl giving her a loud hi-five as the boys have seemed to have bonded over the short amount of time. 

 

"I like you Gongju-Noona! You're funny!" Seokmin laughed along, "Please look after our resident tsundere. He's a bit of a dork. Never had a girlfriend or anything like that." 

 

This caused the girl to cease from laughing, confused from the boy's statement, "What do you mean look after him?" 

 

"Aren't you guys together?" Vernon asked nonchalantly. 

 

"No!" Joy replied so loudly and quickly, "What made you think so? Did he say that we are?" 

 

"I mean he brought you home and told you that he's a vampire. I mean come on, what else do you want?" Jihoon asked. 

 

"W-well it was just an accident," Joy informed the boys with a nervous laughter, "I'm an idol. We can't get into scandals even if their vampires." 

 

"Pfft, as if idols don't date," Mingyu entered the room with a bowl of fresh soup, "Plus you wouldn't have to worry anyways, we vampires can't get photographed so you guys can go out on public dates and not worry about evidence." 

 

This caused the girl to blush. It would be a lie if Joy had said that she had never fantasized about dating in public but she perhaps never imagined it to ever come true or for it to come true with a vampire as her significant other. 

 

With her silence, Mingyu smirked at her fully aware that the girl was contemplating, deciding to stir up more emotions, Mingyu smiled at her adding "Plus it doesn't hurt to have someone that good looking as your boyfriend." 

 

"I never said he was good looking!" Joy shouted in her defense. 

 

"Stop lying honey, we vampires can read minds," Mingyu scoffed at her before being interrupted by Wonwoo who had entered the room who had decided to take her back to her dorm. 

 

But before she could completely leave the room, Mingyu pulled her towards him and gave her a whisper, "We're not kidding when we say take care of him. He has been in this world for 200 years and he had never told anyone about his true identity. So you must have been special to him. Just keep that in mind." 

 

Before the girl could even reply, Wonwoo had gently pulled her close to him before completely disappearing from the mansion. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

"Here we are. Home sweet home," Wonwoo released Joy from his arms.

 

Arriving at the entrance of her dorm, Joy's face had been flushed red from what Mingyu had told her earlier, "So you must have been special to him," She repeated under her breath. 

 

"Hey just a quick question," Joy looked back at the vampire with a smile, "Can vampires read minds?" 

 

"Pfft," Wonwoo laughed, "Hell no, I don't understand why you mortals think that we have extra super powers." 

 

Wonwoo's answer made the girl blush from embarrassment and anger. She proceeded to walk to her building's entrance before she stopped and looked back at the tall pale man, "Wonwoo-shi maybe we can see each other around." 

 

Wonwoo looked at her in surprise. He gave a genuine smile before replying oh-so-suavely, "Yeah sure. Maybe you would need saving again in the future." 

 

The girl smiled in reply in a way that made Wonwoo's non-beating heart skip a beat. Her smile had shown her perfect teeth and her eyes twinkled as if it contained the brightest stars he has ever seen. 

 

"Wangja-nim please stop with your greasy jokes." She yelled as she ran to doors of her building feeling very happy, "Your Gongja-nim is very embarassed for you."  

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

(Gongju-princess and Wangja-prince)

As I have said another surprise! I know you might have expected a fluff story but I felt like that would be too boring and predictable so I made a fantasy chapter! WOOT WOOT! I like to keep my readers on their toes so that they can expect the unexpected!

WHOOO! that took long! This might be even longer than chapter 3 I think....hahaha! Sorry for the wait and the length of the chapter~

This is extra special because I know for a fact that a lot of my readers enjoy Wonwoo and Joy together so I tried to make it as cute as possible. This is my first time writing fantasy so some aspects of my stories may not match according to reality but I hope you still enjoyed it! 

I seriously love writing about this couple. I feel like Joy could easily bully Wonwoo along with s. I feel like Joy would enjoy seeing Wonwoo suffer from her savageness but then she would proudly defend him if someone else offends him. IDK I see them together. 

To my readers from my other story, 'My ship is sailing across the waves' I hope you are satisfied. 

Anyways please comment and subscribe if you've like this update~