[03] Joy and V: This chapter is really long but it's worth it at the end!

Glimpses of Joy

Kim Taehyung had been good looking for as long as anyone could remember. His smooth and flawless face framed by his messy unstyled mop of hair. His perfectly sculpted body hidden under thick clothing. Never the least, despite his disappointing style, Kim Taehyun's unusual introvert persona was proven to be his biggest turn-off

 

Taehyung doesn't necessarily have a bad attitude. If there was one word to describe the boy, it would have been: strange. The boy seemed to have always talked to himself whenever he was doing something, so everybody had often avoided him.

 

He just prefers to keep to himself with his books in the corner of the classroom. Well, you can't expect anything else from famous scholar heartthrob.

 

Taehyung wasn't completely weird, He almost seemed normal when he was around his friends. During lunch, many females would flock the cafeteria to get the best view of the smiling face of Kim Taehyung. When with his friends, Taehyung would laugh and converse with his group. The group was known to be an infamous wild bunch of genius but eccentric individuals. There were groundless rumours that the group had all been high on some sort of home-grown drug created by one of the members. Of course, Joy laughed off the rumours, saying something about how the boys were dumb enough to get high over something stupid like milk.

 

However, Taehyung had no one to talk to in his history class. So he continues to become the strangely unapproachable boy on the corner of the room. 

 

So when Mr. Kim had told the class that there would be a group assignment, many had looked towards the male scholar who remained quiet. Many students had preferred to not have been grouped with the boy. Past rumours surrounding his painstaking work ethic seemed to push even the smartest students to extreme exhaustion. Apparently, the boy was a perfectionist and would not accept anything less than perfect from his group mates. 

 

As Mr. Kim announces the groups, the students in his history class waited with bated breath. 

 

"Group 1, Sung Minjee, Choi Hongchan and Lee Taegook," Mr. Kim announced. 

 

The said students began to cheer as their names were called, safe from being slave driven by the scholar. 

 

"Group 2, Park Sooyoung, Kim Kyungsan and Kim Taehyung." 

 

Nothing else mattered at that moment, Joy had been grouped with the infamous dragon. She considered talking to Mr. Kim after class, however, Mr. Kim had announced that changes to the group would not be acceptable. 

 

With a heavy sigh, Joy had moved closer to the boy. Kim Kyungsan was known to never show up to any of his classes, so this had meant that the two were supposed to pick up the slack from their prodigal son-like member.

 

"Hi I'm Park Sooyoung, you can call me Joy. It's nice to meet you. Please look after me," Joy introduced herself to the still reading boy. 

 

The boy merely paid attention to her, giving a small nod as his response. Joy gave a sigh before sitting next to the boy, "This is gonna be a long project." 

 

The class had almost finished when Kim Taehyung had abruptly closed his book and turned towards the almost sleeping female next to him, "Yah! what's your face why are you sleeping in class?" 

 

Joy had abruptly woke up in shock, "Mwo?" She needed a few more seconds to think before fighting back, "Pfft, as if you care? You've been reading for the past hour without even paying attention to class. And for your information I have a name, it's Park Sooyoung." 

 

"Well Sooyoung-shii," Taehyung sarcastically replied, "I am a scholar, I am smart enough to remain number one in this school despite not listening to the lesson at hand." 

 

"Well Taehyung-shii," Sooyoung copied his previous statement, "I don't think I appreciate you calling everyone else dumb just because you are the top student." 

 

"I wasn't calling anyone dumb," He shrugged his shoulders, "But if that's what you understand from what I previously said then maybe that's the truth." 

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes with his latter statement. Could anyone be more conceited? 

 

"Whatever Mr-I-Know-Everything" She retorted and once again laid her head on the table, mimicking her previous position. 

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes at her comeback, "Sooyoung-shii meet me at the coffee place on Pitts street at 6am before school tomorrow so we can discuss what we'll do." 

 

With that, Taehyung had moved from his table with his books in hand. Sooyoung remained seated with a confused expression painted on her face, "6am? As in 6 in the morning? As in 6 when there is still no sun in the sky morning?" 

 

She looked around to the person who her questions were addressed to, finding him missing. The students in the class all pointed to the window where Taehyun can be seen leaving the school grounds. He sure does walk fast, she didn't even realise that he had left. 

 

Opening the window  Joy had begun to scream, "Yah! I'm still asleep at 6am!" 

 

Taehyung abruptly stopped and raised his hand up to casually wave back to her without even turning around. That was all he did as a response. Joy's friends in her class had looked at her with pity. They knew Joy would be definitely pissed for the coming weeks.

 

 

 

---

 

 

Joy had woken up at 5:30am, perhaps the earliest she had ever woken up in her whole lifetime. However, apparently, 5:30am was not early enough. 

 

It would take approximately 30 minutes of travel time to get to the coffee shop from her house. So that had meant that she was technically already late.

 

Joy had scrambled to her feet, quickly finding her uniform in her closet. Joy had ran to the bathroom with her change of clothes at hand and proceeded to take a 5-minute shower, which was, in fact, her shortest shower she had ever taken in her whole existence. After spending 6 minutes in the bathroom, Joy had walked out with her black long hair drenching her school uniform. 

 

Joy rushed out of her room and ran towards the stairs, grabbing her school bag and dashed to her front door with her shoes barely on. Shouting a measly goodbye to her parents, Joy had proceeded to run towards their meeting place. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

As she arrived, Sooyoung had whipped her head from side to side to try to find a strange looking boy. IN the very corner of the coffee shop, Taehyung had been reading another book while taking glances at the clock hanging on the shop's wall. Oh, she was gonna be in trouble. She was exactly 7 minutes late. 

 

Walking towards his table, Sooyoung pulled out another chair for her to sit on, "Sorry I'm late." 

 

"Sorry is not good enough, I waited for 7 minutes," Taehyung replied without even looking up from his book, "I want 7 minutes of my life back."

 

Sooyoung had decided that her best comeback would be of her rolling her eyes. Any verbal retaliation may cause the boy to create more problems for her in the long run.

 

"You owe me now," Taehyun said as he closed the book shut. 

 

"Have you never had a girlfriend before?" Joy smiled nervously, "They say that when planning to meet up with a girl, the guy has to wait for her for awhile, it's called being fashionably late."

 

Taehyung eyed the girl from the top of her still drenched hair to her messy shoes, "What's so fashionable about you?" This statement caused the girl to get embarrassed, "So for our project I was thinking maybe we should focus on the evolution of a certain feeling in history."

 

"Huh?" Sooyoung replied utterly confused, "What are you talking about? my friends are doing how the pyramids were made, can't we do something easy like that?"

 

Taehyung shook his head in disappointment, "That's what separates the Bs and the As. If we do those crap topics then we will be compared to the other group's projects which would actually make it hard for us in the long run." 

 

Sooyoung was about to utter back a piece of her mind before a pretty female's voice was heard, "Uhm, sorry to interrupt your heated conversation but have you decided what to order?" 

 

Joy looked at the waitress in awe, she has never seen someone as beautiful as her. Her skin was fair and smooth, her eyes large and vibrant, her nose sharp and perfect, and formed into a small pretty smile. Her uniform seemed to perfectly frame her tiny body, she was a splitting image of a real goddess from some ancient tale in her history books. 

 

"Uh, sorry if we were too loud, I will have a red velvet milkshake and a french toast please." Joy smiled at the girl. 

 

Taehyung had begun to mock her once again, "milkshakes at this cold weather? are you really a child?" 

 

Before she could utter a response, the waitress turned to the boy with a frown, "I don't think it's nice to say that to a girl much less your girlfriend." 

 

Taehyung had only hung his head low like guilty looking puppy. Joy was about to correct the girl when she saw the sad eyes of the boy in front of her. Taking a moment to connect all the dots, Joy had a suspicion

 

"He would like an americano, please" Joy order for the now quiet boy. 

 

The waitress had bowed to the two before walking back to the counter. Before she had left, Joy had made a mental note to remember her nametag, 'Irene' it says. Joy looked and made sure the girl was out of their range before stealing one long look at the still shy boy.

 

Joy smiled obviously detecting his uneasiness. The two sat in silence as they finished their food with Joy in deep thought.

 

"I know what to do now, meet me after school at the front gates," Joy gave him an evil smile before exiting the shop. Joy smiled as she skipped to school knowing now she had the upper hand. 

 

I think it's time to show your true self, Satansoo.

 

 

 

---

 

 

The school ended rather boringly, Joy and Taehyung did not see in each other the whole day. So Taehyung had been rather on edge the whole day, dreading for the time when the bell would signal the end of the day. 

 

Even his Hyungs had also found it strange that the boy was acting different from his usual self, Seokjin had nudged the boy and asked, "Hey, are you okay?" 

 

To which Taehyung had merely nodded in response. 

 

"I think Hyung is really out of it," Jungkook looked at his spaced out Hyung, "Maybe something happened between him and a girl. You know how he is around girls." 

 

"No better yet, maybe something happened between him and his secret crush," Jimin had only been joking around. However, the boys had noticed Taehyung flinched slightly. Now knowing that his strange new demeanour had been caused by 'she-who-shall-never-be-named-because-Tae-has-a-crush-on-her' the boys had shown more interest in his response. 

 

"N-no, nothing will happened" He stuttered. The boys eyes automatically twinkled as they heard him stutter. All lies are detected in his grammatically inaccurate sentence. It meant that something had definitely happened and something will happen later.

 

So with that, the boys continued to telepathically communicate with each other. Forming a unanimous decision to follow the boy for the whole afternoon in disguise so that the said boy would not lecture them about blowing his well-kept secret. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

Taehyung had waited for Joy at the school gates as she had instructed, slightly annoyed at her. He had been waiting there for almost an hour hen Joy had finally shown herself carrying two heavily looking paper bags. Joy had called Taehyung over to help her with her excess baggage. 

 

Joy was surprised, the boy did not scream or demanded an hour of his life back like what he did that morning. She guessed it must have been due to his nervousness. It wasn't that hard to see, he practically smelled like fear.

 

Taehyung walked over to her with an annoyed expression on his face and carried the bags for the shorter girl. The girl had directed him to visit a small restaurant full of other students. Seating on a more secluded corner of the restaurant, Joy had begun to take the contents of each bag and place them on the table between them. 

 

"Fashion magazine?" Taehyung exclaimed annoyed, "You told me to wait for you for at least an hour and then all you want to do is read your stupid magazines?" 

 

"No Mr-I-Know-Everything," Joy smiled, "I propose a deal." 

 

"I know that you know that I am not the smartest knife in the shelf, so I propose that you do the whole project by yourself and say that we both worked on it together to maintain a high-quality finish." Joy smiled sweetly. 

 

Taehyung merely laughed at her suggestion, "And what do I get in return?" 

 

"I can train you so that you can successfully confess to your crush." Joy smiled at the surprised boy, "I know the identity of your crush, and I won't tell anyone unless we agree on this deal." 

 

"I really don't understand what you're talking about," Taehyung had begun to fidget in his seat, "I don't have a crush. I don't have time for girls, I need to study."

 

"Well, then I guess you wouldn't mind if I accidentally announce your undying love to someone then?" Joy taunted the boy. 

 

"This doesn't sound like a two-way deal," Taehyung complained, "It sounds more like a blackmail." 

 

"Think whatever you want, here's my number, feel free to text me your decision by tonight." Joy left a small note on the table before leaving him alone in the restaurant. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

That same night, a text was received on her phone from an unknown number saying 'Fine, let's have it your way'

 

She typed her response in an instant, 'let's meet up tomorrow, pick me up from my house.'

 

Joy gave a small smile of victory, no one can out smart Satansoo.

 

 

 

---

 

 

The very next day, Joy had asked Taehyung to pick her up from her house. Taehyung had questioned the purpose of such a trivial thing, however, Joy had rejected any of his complaints by saying that this was part of the training for when Taehyung and his crush were actually dating. Joy had explained that she would train Taehyun to become the perfect boyfriend. 

 

He had first questioned her validity, asking "Are you even sure you're doing this right?"

 

To why Joy merely scoffed and replied, "I'm a girl, I know what girls want."

 

And with that simple response alone, Taehyung smiled and remained quiet during each lesson she had prepared.

 

 

 

---

 

 

Joy had continuously expressed her distaste for his choices of clothing. So that weekend, Joy had taken Taehyung to go shopping for new clothes.  While in the shopping mall, Joy had wanted to observe Taehyung's choices of clothing. However, Joy just couldn't watch on as Taehyung begun to choose the most boring and oversize pieces of clothing he could find. 

 

"No!" Joy exclaimed, "Your choices are all so ugly." 

 

Taehyung turned to the girl with an annoyed look, "What should I choose then?"

 

Joy had taken back all his chosen items and begun to look around the store. 

 

Joy grabbed a pair of expensive looking black jeans with a classy white plain shirt to match. Joy had also placed a black leather jacket on the cart before moving to another section of the shop.

 

At the end of the dizzying trip tot he shop, Joy had picked out two outfits for Taehyung. A casual black jumper coupled with ripped black washed jeans, finished with a monochromatic snap back and usual black pants with a white shirt under a black leather jacket. Despite buying only two outfits, Taehyung had gasped at the bill

 

"This is all so expensive," he exclaimed. 

 

Joy smiled sweetly at the boy before replying, "Well love is expensive after all." 

 

After the two had finished, Joy had somehow convinced the boy to pay for her lunch. Joy had said that the boy would need to pay for the girl's lunch during the courting stage. So she had used that moment as a practice date where Joy gave Taehyung pointers on what topics to converse about. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

Their training had continued on throughout the weeks. Ranging from the special crash course about men's fashion, all the way to what would be the perfect gift for special occasions. Taehyung had been exhausted, he had never realised how hard it was to get someone to notice you. However, he had seen results almost immediately, his crush had now been talking and interacting with him more than ever. 

 

Joy was also happy, she had seen immediate results from Taehyung's popularity in school. She had quietly observed his social skills improve to the point that the female population was no longer scared to approach him. Joy smiled in victory, she not only obtained a ridiculous A+ in her latest History project but she had also managed to turn the shy boy Taehyung to the ever popular boy who had now gone around and called himself as V. 

 

Now V had obtained an ability to socialise with others and had dramatically improved his wardrobe choices. Joy couldn't be prouder, so she had decided that maybe it was the time to proceed to the last stages of his metamorphosis. The confession. 

 

Now Joy knows that Taehyun had been a customer of the cafe enough times to be seen as a loyal customer. She just needs a to set a plan to turn the cafe into a little stage where Taehyun can perform a sweet confession little song for Irene before her shift could start.

 

Joy had been pleasantly surprised when she had heard V singing, she had visited his house to pick him up for their latest crash course for men's fashion when he heard he sing. V's younger sister had warmly welcomed her in and directed her towards V's room, while waiting for him to finish showering, Joy had heard him singing an unfamiliar song. When she had asked him about the song he had grown furious, apparently it was a song he had composed himself which was meant to be sung for his future girlfriend on the day that he was to confess. Joy had laughed at V's cute dedication, saying that it didn't matter if she had heard him sing the song as she can be classified as 'one-of-the-guys'.

 

Even after her explanation, V continued to sulk for the rest of the day. It was at that moment that Joy realises how sentimental and thoughtful the boy could be. Somehow, without her knowing, it warmed her heart. 

 

Now Joy was determined to make him sing in his confession to Irene. She had already contacted his friends to help V perform the song, they were all surprised as to why Joy was organising the event but they still agreed to perform with V despite all the confusion. 

 

However, the star of the show, V, was still completely against singing much less singing with his friends when he confesses to the girl of his dreams. But knowing Joy and her top notch persuasion skills, she had managed to get the boy to agree to a one song concert. 

 

While V was busy complaining how Joy had micro-planned his whole confession, Joy had already contacted the cafe in which Irene has been working on. Joy had also been able to come the night before and decorate the place to make it extra special, apparently, the owner of the shop was a er for romantic gestures. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

The afternoon before the actual event, Joy had walked home by herself. Taehyung would have walked her home as part of the training but Joy had decided against the idea, muttering something about personal space. It wasn't that Joy hated the boy, in fact, she had grown close to the boy. Maybe a little too close. And that's why Joy had found herself walking in the cool windy street by herself. 

 

Joy was the type of person who is extremely loyal to her friends. She doesn't have a lot of friends so she always had problems letting go of those selected few who she had grown close to. In a way, she had always suffered alone, afraid that once she stops acting in front of her friends they might suddenly turn their backs on her, just like her father did

 

That might have been the reason why she never really had male friends. Well none, until Teahyung came along. He had somehow blasted pass the barrier she had placed around herself and latched himself into her life refusing to let go. But after tomorrow, after he had accomplished his task, he just might also turn his back away from her. 

 

So she had decided to distance herself away before she grows too attached the once strange boy. She began preparing herself to get back to the life without Taehyung by her side. Walking home alone was the first step she guesses. 

 

"This is nice," She lied, "At least, it won't be that noisy anymore." 

 

She continued to utter positive reasons why she would be better off living without the boy. She let her lies be carried by the chilly winter air, repeating each reason multiple times in hopes to persuade herself. 

 

In her walk, she remembers the time she had with him. The little lessons here and there, the usual bickering erupting from the strangest topics. She remembers it all, and somehow she smiles knowing that one day, he would make the girl of his dreams smile like how she was smiling now. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

Joy had walked alone to the shop, and silently decorated the small stage for musicians. She had placed all the chairs and tables away and left a singular chair facing the stage. Joy placed lights behind the stage to create a nice ambiance before sending a pic to V. 

 

'Everything is set, all you have to do is arrive and confess' She sent him a small text. 

 

He had replied almost immediately, 'Thank you, I wouldn't be where I am without you. The late nights I spent on that history project alone was all worth the possibility of a successful confession. Do you think she would say yes?'

 

Joy smiled, maybe there's still the shy introvert Taehyung under all these changes, 'Of course,' she types. Quietly whispering the untyped part of her reply "If it was me I would say yes in a heartbeat."

 

Joy smiled, but this time, she wasn't happy, she smiled a bitter smile.

 

 

 

---

 

 

Joy had decided to stay asleep for the majority of the night so that she would be asleep in the morning the next day. She didn't really want to wake up feeling worse than she did before. However, she woke up with a fright. 

 

Joy's younger sisters had been shaking her body harshly. Apparently, her phone had been ringing non-stop for the past hour. She looked at the clock across her room. He must have finished his confession by now. He must be dying to tell me his good news. 

 

Joy grabbed her still ringing the phone and pressed it to her ear.

 

"Taehyung? what's up?" She said half asleep still. 

 

"Is this Sooyoung-shii?" Joy definitely knew that this was not V, if she could remember correctly it sounded like one his friends. 

 

"Ah yeah this is Sooyoung, why what's wrong Jungkook? why do you have Taehyung's phone?" Joy felt a little uneasy like her stomach had been in numerous knots. 

 

"Ah something happened to V and it's an emergency. Can you please come to the cafe now?" Jungkook hastily replied. This caused the girl to double in worry. 

 

"Why what's wro-" before she could even finish her question, the line had disconnected. Worried that something must have happened to the boy, Joy had run out of her bedroom and proceeded to grab her shoes and a thin jacket to fight against the wind as she runs to the familiar cafe. 

 

She had run to the cafe to have found it already filled with costumes inside. Before entering, she had observed the cafe's surroundings looking for police cars or ambulances just in case there was an accident mirroring some sick twist in the plot in some angst drama. Once no such thing was located within her vision range, the girl gave a slight sigh, only realising that she had in fact been holding her breath.

 

Upon walking in, Joy had realised that the lighting in the cafe was rather dim in comparison to all those times the two had spent there before. She had grown rather cautious as she realised that the costumes on the cafe were all looking at her. Looking down at her body, Joy let out a whisper of colourful words as she realised that she had, in fact, came running in her thin coat covering her green pajamas which had somehow barely covered her body. Cursing the younger boy who had rushed her to a state of panic, she had found the chair she had set up yesterday still in place in front of the stage. Walking closer to the chair, Joy had noticed that there was a little envelope on its surface. 

 

She sat on the chair and read it in a quiet whisper, 

 

"Dear Songssaeng-nim

 

This past month, you had thought me how to become the perfect guy for the woman of my dreams. 

 

I don't know if you remember but I had asked if you actually knew what you were doing. You had merely replied that you are a girl and you know what girls want. I had smiled at that response and left it at that. But I don't think you fully understood what I wanted to ask you. I wanted to ask you if you really knew what you were getting yourself into.

 

I don't think you realise this but I have never told you who was my crush. And just like you always do, you had rushed to a conclusion and had decided for yourself that I had a crush on Irene-Noona and you couldn't be more wrong. Irene-Noona is my cousin when I told her that you had thought that I had liked her, she laughed and she felt sorry for me as I had to go through intensive lessons with you because of a simple misunderstanding. 

 

I disagreed with her. Though all of these lessons were all a fail since I had and never will confess to my own cousin, I had enjoyed every moment of it. 

 

I had enjoyed our lessons where you would think that you had won every time you make me pay for your lunch. I don't mind paying your lunch, even if you ask me a million times over, I would still pay for your lunch if it meant that you would smile as happily as you were back then."

 

Joy had taken a small moment before continuing, attempting to digest all the information that the letter was attempting portray.

 

"I also enjoyed those times when I would pick you up from your house every morning, I get to see your cute half-asleep antics. Your eyes would continue to open and close in a way that would suggest that you were walking while sleeping. There were times when you could complain to the sky as to why the sun must be in the sky so early in the morning. I remembered I laughed at you and walked in front of you attempting to block the sun from your eyes as best as I could. I guess you never noticed because you never seemed as happy as I was with those walks." 

 

Joy had noticed that hey eyes had begun to sting, watering silently. 

 

"I have never been happier with a project than that history project. Though you had never worked on any part of the project I had stayed up all night making sure that each word on the page was the perfect choice of words. I wanted to show you my skills, even though I knew you weren't interested in grades, I still wanted to show off to you. You taught me to give meaningful gifts to my special someone so I had thought that your first ever A+ was a good enough gift. You have no idea how hard I slaved myself over that project. I think I can get into any university with that being my entry project. This is the project that I was most proud of." 

 

Joy had to stop, realising a shaky breath, Joy blinked away the tears that had formed in her eyes, staining her cheeks in the process. Even before she could continue reading the letter, her tears continued to pour, leaving tear drops on her precious paper. 

 

"Do you remember when you came to my house and heard me sing. I was furious at you, well not at you but I was just so angry because you had heard my confession song that I was saving for the girl of my dreams. I guess I just wanted to sing you the song at a better place, with a better atmosphere, and with a better sound. So since that moment you heard me sing, I have been practicing hard to improve my voice so that I could sing it to you properly. I guess now is the time." 

 

Joy looked up and saw Taehyung sitting on the stage with a guitar in his hands. He shyly smiles at the girl before closing his eyes to sing to his hearts content. 

 

Joy had quietly watched the boy sing with a smile on her face as more tears begun to move across her cheeks. It just wouldn't stop. But her smile never left her face either

 

As Taehyun sang his final note. Joy sent him the best smile she could muster despite still quietly crying. Taehyung smiled back as a response and uttered, "You're an hour late." 

 

She smiled at him remembering their conversation, "They say that when planning to meet up with a girl, the guy has to wait for her for awhile, it's called being fashionably late."

 

He smiled as he looked at her from her bed head to her ugly unpaired slippers. Stepping down from the stage, he took off his jacket and placed it on her lap to cover her legs that her shorts had failed to protect and said, "What's so fashionable about you?"

 

She smiled in response, Joy couldn't hide her happiness. 

 

"You're an hour late and sorry doesn't cut it" he smiled, matching her toothy grin leaning in with his forehead resting on hers, he whispered, "I want an hour back to my life. I would be really happy to know if you wouldn't mind being there for the rest of it."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

OMG SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!!! BUT I THINK IT'S WORTH IT!!!

I babbled a lot in this chapter but I really liked the ending. I think I cried a bit when I was writing this. I was like how touching can this fic be! 

Thank the Lord I didn't decide to make it angst. Imagine if he died or she died along the way. LOL

I think this is really cute. but seriously I needed two days to write this. This one is lonnnggggggg, like 5,500+ words. Semi- proud of myself. 

IF YOU ARE GETTING BORED READING THIS LONG AS CHAPTER HANG IN THERE IT IS SERIOUSLY WORTH THE READ. I feel like if you need to read a chapter out of these first 3 read this one. I think this is the best one yet! 

LOL sorry of V is a little bit OC I didn't have the time to research more about him. All I know is V's real name and that he is pretty strange. 

Please comment and tell me if you like it this long or should I cut it into to chapters so you guys don't get bored or disinterested. 

Please comment friends, I am feeling really sad that I couldn't update as much as I can this week, so please encourage me.