5 years later

How it all began

~5 YEARS LATER~

Jessica POV

The new year’s eve party really fun. Hyoyeon got drunk again, and cleaned the bathroom. Everyone was laughing at her, but I think she was too drunk to care. She is always in the bathroom when she’s drunk, either cleaning it or staring at the tiles.

Taeyeon had made a few singles on her own a few months ago, and she’s releasing a new song next month. It’s called ‘Rain’ I think. I’m really happy that she’s able to show everyone her own voice and style. Tiffany and I want to be able to showcase our own styles and voices, but I don’t think we’re gonna be able to do that for a little while.

This morning was interesting. Outside of the dorm, a few of us live together, and some live on their own. Two years ago, Yuri and I bought an apartment together. It wasn’t too big, but that’s all we needed. We share a bed as is, so the second bedroom is just for all our clothes and favourite costumes.

About an hour after waking up, I got a call from our manager.

Jessica. Did I wake you?

No Oppa, I’ve been up for about an hour.

Ok then. I called you because I’ve got something important to tell you.

Really? What then?

"You know how you and Tiffany have been asking me, for a while if you both can do some solo work?

Yeah.

Well…

He made a long pause.

Oppa, stop with the suspense, it’s killing me.
You both are now able to do your solo work. You can release it once you’re ready, and whenever you want. You might want to release at the same time as Tiffany, for some friendly competition, or whenever you choose. It is up to you.

Oh my god. Thank you so much. Oppa, you’ve made my day.

Good to hear. I gotta go, and inform Tiffany as well. Enjoy your day.

You too Oppa. Goodbye.
Bye.

I hung up. I had to tell Yuri, but she’s in the shower, so I just waited.

I went to the bedroom and put on some music. I put on Taeyeon’s ‘I’ because it’s a wonderful song. Yuri got out about halfway through the song.

Listening to Taeyeon again ha? I don’t blame you. It really is a good song.

Sit down Yul. I gotta tell you something.

Can’t you tell me whilst I get dressed?

No. It’s really important.

Ok Sica. What is it?

You know how I want to do some solo work outside of Soshi, just like Taeng did?

Yeah. What about it?

About ten minutes ago, I got a call from manager oppa, and said that both Fany and I are able to do our solo work.

Really?!

Yeah. I’m so happy.

She leaned in and kissed me.

I’m so happy for you Sica. You’ve wanted this for a few months, and I’m really happy that you’re finally able to do it.

We were about to have , but I got a call. It was Tiffany. I knew what this is gonna be about. She’s probably as excited as I am. So I walked into the living room to answer, and to let Yuri get dressed.

Sica!!! Guess what just happened.

You got a call from Manager Oppa, and he told you that you’re able to do your solo work.

How the hell do you know that?

I recently got the same call.
We both started to laugh.

I’m gonna go. I haven’t eaten breakfast yet, and neither has Seohyun. Bye Sica.

Wait. Don’t go yet. I’ve got a fun idea.

Ok then. Let’s hear it.

Once we both have the albums completed and music video’s filmed, why don’t we release on the same week.

A bit of friendly completion. Good idea Sica. This is gonna be fun.

You’re on.

I hung up and Yuri walked out.

What was all that about Sica?

Fany and I have decided to release at the same time. A bit of friendly competition between us.

That sounds fun. And here I am, waiting for SHY to be approved.

I hope so it will happen soon. Because you, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon would be an awesome sub-unit.

Yeah I agree. We also don’t get to sing as much as others, so it would be a great for all of us to showcase our talents.

All I could do was give her a hug. I really want her to ba able to showcase her talents easier.

I’m gonna go get dressed, then let’s go to the park.

Good idea.

Yuri POV

Today was my chance. I needed to let Yoona know. So I texted her.

Yoona. Sica and I are going to the park soon. I think I’m gonna do it.

Yes Unnie. You should. I know that she’ll say yes. She loves you too much to say know.

I’m just so nervous Yoong.

Don’t worry Yul, It’s gonna go well.

Thanks Yoona. I’ll let you know how it goes, in time.

YulSic fighting!

Jessica came out of our room dressed nice.

Ready to go Yul?

Just give me a second to get my jacket.

I went back into our room, and shut the door, so she wouldn’t see what I was doing. I went to my draw and pulled out a small box, an opened it. The ring was still in good condition. I hope she likes it, and says yes. So I slipped the box into my jacket and headed out of the room.

Now I’m ready. Let’s go.

We headed down to the lobby, and headed out towards the park. We walked there, because it was a nice day, and it wasn’t that far from our apartment. We held hands, because we didn’t really care if the fans knew that Jessica and I are together. I’m pretty sure that they would have figured it out by now.

We got to the park and just wandered around the lake for a bit.

It’s really nice weather today isn’t it?

Yeah, it is. I think I might take my jacket off, unless the wind picks up.

Good idea, but I’m just gonna leave mine on for now. I hope you don’t mind.

Of course not Yuri. It’s fine.

I just smiled and wrapped our arms together as we walked.

This is nice Yuri, been missing it since you’ve gone to film that drama.

I’ve missed it too. I missed you every day I was away.

I was getting really nervous at this point. I just wanted ask her. But I’m too scared. We just talked about stuff while we walked. My mouth was starting to get really dry, and Jessica knew I was getting nervous.

You ok Yuri?

Yeah. I’m just a little nervous, that’s all.

Why are you nervous?

I took a deep breath before saying anything.

Sica. I need to talk to you about something important. I just couldn’t wait any longer.

Wait. Are you breaking up with me?

Wait what?

Don’t play innocent. You brought me out here, to break up with me. Didn’t you?

She started to cry. Why would she think that?

Sica. I would never do that. In fact, this is the exact opposite of that.

What are you talking about Yuri.

I took her hands in mine and talked to her in a soft voice.

Jessica. I love you more than anything in the entire world. And when I said I’d give up anything to spend the rest of my life with you, I meant.

That sweet, but where are you going with this.

I got the ring out of my pocket, and got down onto my knee.

Jessica Jung. Will you marry me?

dropped.

I wasn’t expecting you to be the one to ask.

What do you mean?

I was actually planning to propose to you today.
She then reached into her pocket and got out a ring.

Holy crap.

Why don’t we just exchange rings and say yes at the same time?

Good idea.

I put my ring on her finger, and she put her ring on my finger.

Ready?

Ready.

We looked into each other’s eyes and smiled. We said it at the same time.

Yes.” “Yes.

______________________________________________________

There is only one chapter left. And I will post it, either tonight, or tomorrow. I hope you all like how the story is going.