Chapter 16

More than just friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"It's nothing, let’s go home and get your injury treated." He then reached out to ruffle your hair.

 

It was the boy that you were once so close with, the one whom you spent your high school together with, the one who is always there to save you when you are in trouble. The one who is yearning to be more than just friends.

 

"You should quit your job at the cafe~ one of our stylist quit recently, we have a vacancy for that. You wanna try it out?"

"I'm not really sure about that though... I don’t think I’ll be good enough for that spot... But I'll discuss with Chanyeol and let you know as soon as I can~"

 

You whimpered as the medication came in contact with the wound. Sehun mumbled a soft "sorry" before he continued with the wound dressing.

 

"Are you okay? Did anything happen?" It wasn't Sehun who asked you, but it was the other way round.

You figured that Sehun was behaving strangely as if something was wrong.

 

"Aniya, nothing happened."

"I'm always here for you, just letting you know if you forgotten." You placed your palm on Sehun's and looked into his eyes. That sudden skinship made Sehun blush a little, and his ears were getting red. After that, he left the room and asked you to rest early.

 

**

"Oppa, I quit my job at the cafe. Suho oppa asked if I wanna take the vacant spot for Exo's stylist... what do you think about it?"

"That's great, we can see each other more often in this way," he smiled brightly and continued, "and we all can keep an eye on you and such things won't happen again.”, pointing to your wound.

 

You pressed the home button and saw no new messages. You texted Jonghyun but didn't get a reply since afternoon, wondering what he's so busy with.

 

****

So, you've decided to interview for the stylist spot and luckily you had a degree in fashion and design. The interviewer said the HR department will give you a call if you make the cut. You bowed and left the building.

 

"Hello?" He picked up the call after a few rings and you hear that familiar voice.

"Morning baby. Where are you?"

"I went for an interview. Are you at home?"

"Uhmm, wae?"

"I miss you, can we hang out today?"

"How about you come over my house now while I get ready."

"Okay then. See you in a while oppa!" With that, you hang up the phone and flagged a taxi.

 

"Ding dong-" you could hear footsteps and a smile formed on your face.

As soon as the door open, Jonghyun pulled me closer to him wrapping his arms around me. His embrace was warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around my frail body. The world around me melted away as I squeezed him back, not wanting the moment to end. He planted a kiss on your forehead and let go the hug.

 

You walked into his apartment and saw a mess. There were beer cans, cup noodles, energ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter