Part 7

Blue House

A bit lighter, a bit more if a filler, a bit of fluff and mother/y/so done Woohyun~

 

I hope you still have fun while reading and next chapter things will get worse ~

 

 

 

 

Hoya closes the bar earlier that night.
He is just about to lock the door when he feels the vibration of his mobile in his pocket.
He fumbles it out of his trousers, a bit too heavy loaded with documents and two bottles of wine.
"Hello?"
"Mr. Lee?" An older woman asks hesitantly.
He furrows his brow, trying to remember the voice. Slowly, a face gets formed in his mind. "Mrs. Kim?"
Why would the old lady living across Woohyuns apartment call him at one in the morning?
"Yes. I'm sorry for the late disturbance."
"No problem.", he manages to turn the key in the lock. " How can I help you?"
He knows Woohyun gave her his number for emergency issues with his apartment when he isn't home.
"Well… a bit earlier I noticed some ruckus in front of Mr. Nams door and…", she clears . " Now I have those two nice men on my couch, claiming they need to see a… Kim Sunggyu really urgently."
Hoya stops in his tracks.
"They want what?"

                                                                   OOO

 

Sunggyu thinks about keeping Woohyun back for a second but one look at his fuming boyfriend and he decides not to do anything.
"Why the are you ing showing up here?!", Woohyun yells while stomping over to the fence. "Want to ing explain??"
Maybe he should intervene.
"Woohyun… that were three s in two sentences."
"Aren't you pissed off yourself??"
Well…

... he tried.
Hoya leans against the metal fence. " I should be pissed off. Your neighbour called me over in the middle of the night, telling me she has two guys on her couch asking for Sunggyu. You need to have a serious talk with her about her own safety."
"Hoya…", Woohyun whines, grabbing two of the metal handles. " Couldn't you wait until tomorrow. You know this was our free weekend. Can't you just call like normal people do?"
"We tried…" Myungsoo mumbles from where he stands in the dark, clearly a bit too uncomfortable.
"We left them inside for a reason!", Woohyun yells once more. " Next time use smoke signs!"
"Tell those guys." Hoya points behind him with his thumb.
" Hyung, I'm sorry. It was urgent." Myungssoo carefully calls over.
"No problem." Sunggyu smiles at them, not really sure if they can see it in the dark.
"No problem…" Woohyun imitates him, sarcasm dripping from his words as he stomps over to the house.

" At least come inside. I'm not doing this out here. And I need to call the police  telling them your no burglars or they'll show up with a swat team. Or... maybe I shouldn't and you'll spend the night in a cell."
Sunggyu mouths them to come to the front door and follows his cursing boyfriend.
" Woohyun.", he reaches him, holding him by his arm and adjusting his walking speed.

" Don't be mad at them."
"Of course I am!"
"They didn't know they'd disturb us…"
"This is not why I'm pissed off!", Woohyun stops in his tracks, anger written all over his face. " I wanted to get you away from everything. At least two days! But they don't even grant you that! Why do you think they came for us?  Of course some urgent ing dangerous business came up!Why can't karma give us a ing break? And why aren't you the one pissed off?"
He slips out of Sunggyus grasp, not too harshly, and disappears inside the house, Sunggyu slowly following him.

                                                                      

                                                                 OOO

Woohyun is aware of the fact that he overreacts in a lot of situations.
As much as he is in love with Sunggyu, he is fiercely protective of him.
And as much as he tries to understand things, his anger rises so damn easily.
It has always been like that.
And because he has known his flaring temper since he has been a child, he is pretty much used to it and knows how to handle things.
That is the reason why he is stomping through his room at the moment, not really able to calm down no matter how often he throws a pillow against the wall.
He doesn't know how long he has been inside the room already.

They left him alone, most probably are talking in the living room at the moment and Woohyun wants nothing more than to take Sunggyu out of this. Because even though he hasn't heard anything yet he just knows it is something that pulls Sunggyu only closer into the mess.
But he has to stay away for now because he doesn't trust his mouth at the moment.

Hell... he is already freaking out about if he was too harsh to his boyfriend earlier.

It is Hoya that knocks against his door about 20 minutes later. He peeks into the room when Woohyun doesn't answer, only to get hit with a pillow thrown at his face.
" I could have been Sunggyu." He deadpans, used to deadlier missiles.
" I have a Sunggyu radar. I'm not able to throw things at him." Woohyun answers from where he lies face down in the king sized bed.
Hoya takes a seat next to him. Woohyun peeks at him through his dark shock of hair.
"So… wanna tell me what pissed you off like this?" Hoya starts the conversation in his collected manner.
"You came over."
"That's not the only  reason and we both know."
Woohyun turns his head away to the other side to look through the window into the dark night.
"It is stupid." he mumbles barely audible.
"You acting like this?"
Woohyun goes back to sitting on his legs in a matter of second, the sudden welled up anger giving him new energy.

 "No! I'm the only reacting the right way..."
"You don't even know what's going on."
"I know enough to realise that they have some about the demonstrations going on. I did this for a reason. I took him here to give him some time off. I promised him this wouldn't become the centre of his life. But still. It found him…"
He falls back on his stomach, biting his lip in a futile way to calm down his nerves.

Hoya gives him a moment before he starts talking again.
"Both of you decided together to go through with this and this was to be expected. I don't see why you're acting that upset now."
"I... I promised Sunggyu not to let him get drawn into it too much... but now look at me. I can't even keep him away from it for a week." Woohyun says, this time quiet and more reserved.
Hoya runs his hand in a comforting way over his friends back. "I don't think Sunggyu meant for you to go crazy because of it. He is an adult and can look out for himself. Him asking for something like that doesn't mean he wants you to protect him all the time. Because I got to know him a bit I think he just wants someone to go home to. Someone he can talk to about his day, and someone that will tell him to let things be for a while if they get too much and just watch a movie."
Once again, Woohyun peeks at Hoya from under his black hair. "Still…"
"Still?"
"I want to look out for him. People like him… people that have a vision...they get easily pulled in. Just look at history. They jump in front of horses, or set themselves on fire or drown in Hangang."
"I don't think Sunggyu is going to drown in Hangang."
"Just try to get my point."
Woohyun sits up again, his legs cross-legged, bend over enough to lean on Hoyas shoulder.

It is a different kind of comfort than lying on Sunggyus shoulder.

The feeling of years of comfort they gave him ruushes through him.
" I get your point. But I don't think you're worrying is necessary. Of course it is a bit dangerous at the moment but you texted me about your mom getting things done. And the other stuff…", he points to the door. " The other two, me, Dongwoo and Sungjong. We're also here and are keeping an eye on both of you. So no need to worry."
Woohyun leans only the more onto him, finally feeling how Hoyas calm manner also relaxes him.
" Don't drive Sunggyu away because you're turning into a mess."
"I can't drive him away. He loves me too much." Woohyun mumbles against his shoulder.
"I know.", Hoya slightly chuckles. " But still don't try. And now that you hopefully calmed down let me give you a brief introduction of why giraffe and Adonis showed up in front of your apartment. And than get your to that boyfriend of yours."

 

                                                                       OOO

 

He finds Sunggyu sitting on the terrace, his figure only slightly lit by the lights shining through the windows.
When he finds him he has just the perfect timing to witness his boyfriends first try of a cigarette.

It ends in pathetic coughs and a disgusted look.
"Don't smoke.", Woohyun says softly and takes the cigarette out of Sunggyus hand only to grind it out on the floor.

He will throw it away later.  
"Where did you get that from?"
"Took one out of your jacket. I wanted to see why you smoke when you're stressed."
Woohyun sits down next to him, a few centimetres part them but he is still close enough to feel Sunggyus body warmth which is always a bit higher than his.
"Seriously. Don't start. It's a bad habit and I'm glad I manage to only smoke when I'm really stressed out. I wished quitting completely would be easier."
Sunggyu smiles into the dark, only ever so slightly.
" One time was enough. This is disgusting."
"It is."
"You need to stop. I won't be able to kiss you anymore."
That might be a good motivation for Woohyun.
They sit in silence after that.
Not too awkwardly because there are enough noises in the night to zone out the silence.

"Hey." Sunggyu asks quietly after a bit.
"Hmm?"
"Can I… talk to you about it?"
"About what? "
"Why they came here.", he averts his gaze. " You were so angry before and if it is bothering you I won't. That's why I'm asking."
Sudden possessiveness rushes through Woohyuns body when he sees how careful Sunggyu talks to him. He hugs him to his side with an arm around his shoulder, his forehead against Sunggyus soft hair, close were he belongs.
"You never have to worry about talking to me about anything."
"I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable though.", Sunggyu says, while he plays with a lonely grass stalk in his hands. " You were so angry earlier and I don't think it is my place to pull you into this."
" So you're worried about talking to me because I could freak out?"
"No…", he mumbles
Then, a sorry side glance.
" Maybe a bit."
Woohyun kisses his cheek softly.
"I feel bad when you're scared to talk to me. We will fight, of course. More often than I want.  But never be scared to talk to me. Let's just… scream and throw things. I don't care. Just remember you never have to be worried about everything even when I'm a moody ... which I'll be often and I'm sorry for that."
Sunggyu chuckles lightly and Woohyun feels how he relaxes noticeably in his embrace. He sighs contently, Sunggyus head now comfortably on his shoulder while he slowly runs his finger through the caramel hair.
"I was really angry earlier because they just showed up here. And I got worse because I felt bad about the fact I couldn't keep you out of things as I promised."
Sunggyu looks a bit puzzled.. "Woohyun… I never meant for you to be my guardian that keeps me away fro--"
Woohyun shushes him with a kiss. "It's fine. Hoya helped me to see it another way. Let's not talk about it anymore."

"Okay…"
"So.", Woohyun keeps running his fingers through Sunggyus hair. " Bo Ah wants to talk to you?"
His boyfriend nods. " She talked to Myungsoo at a party meeting today which he attended. It is impossible to contact me because they don't know my name but she saw me being kind of close with him. She told about threats against her and that she  wants to talk to me about it. That she is sure I'm in the same situation. She feels like we could help each other out."
"How?"
"That she wants to tell me when we meet.", Sunggyu eyes him from the side. " What do you think?"
Woohyun keeps his arm around Sunggyus shoulder.

"I'm not too happy about it since I don't really think there is something you can do."
"But… more people being threatened means more proofs.."
"Yeah. But do you really think they will be stupid enough not to hide their traces? In the end there is the possibility the media will think you made that up."
Sunggyu slowly nods. " You might be right… we all know the media isn't as free as we want to believe. It could be a huge mistake to show them. And I don't want to expose you to them."
"Yes. That could happen. And on  top of everything  I don't feel fine knowing that you are going to meet them. Who knows what this woman is planning."
"You think I need to be that paranoid about it?"
"We're getting stalked. I think you should."
"You should." Sunggyu says and tips against Woohyuns chin affectionately, a wide smile on his lips.
" If they get me you'll kick their asses and save me."
"Of course I would." Sunggyu says so serioulys that Woohyun immediately believes him.
" So Dongwoo really was right about you going Bruce Lee in school."
"Well… I was known as a trouble maker." Sunggyu answers vaguely.
" Tell me.", Woohyun asks eagerly, his curiosity spurred on, and so happy that they're back to comfortable talking
"There is not much to tell about...I got into fights with neighbour schools a lot. They tried to ambush me a lot but I had… the more powerful arguments."

He sees the sparkle in Woohyuns eyes. " Oh come on! Don't be like that! It is nothing to be proud of!"
"It is not advisable but extremely hot."
" kid."
"We could do something against it but…", he glares at the people he sees through the living room windows. " But we have guests."
" That makes me realise we are off topic now." Sunggyu says. " I still don't know what to do."
"Did she give Myungsoo her contact information?"
"I got a number."
"Then just call tomorrow."
Woohyuns arm is back around Sunggyus shoulder. " Safest way and I could deal with it."
" Sometimes I think you believe I'm a huge teddy bear."

Woohyun touches Sunggyus nose with the tip of his. " Definitely my teddy bear."


                                                                        OOO


It is 3.11 on a Sunday morning and Woohyun has spent the past 30 minutes trying to make something edible to eat with the remaining things in the fridge because apparently Hoya and Sungyeol got hungry and wouldn't stop whining until he told them he would cook something for them.
He went for pancakes, the thing he likes to do the most and is just half way through it when someone in the door way catches his attention.
Woohyun turns to the intruder, his spatula at the ready, only to find a fidgeting Myungsoo.

He eyes the nervous boy from head to toe, making the poor boy only more miserable.
"Yes?" Woohyun asks, trying with all of his might not to burst out into laughter and to keep his stoic face.
Myungsoo visibly gulps before he bows 90 degrees. " I never properly introduced myself, Woohyun hyung. My name is Kim Myungsoo and I'm sorry I had to disturb you and Sunggyu hyung."
Cute.
The only thought Woohyun has and he feels the anger from hours resolving into pure bliss.
He likes cute things.
"You look like pissing your pants."
Myungsoo slowly straightens.

" To be honest, hyung. Your glare is really scary. Sunggyu hyung still has the worst one but you're really close." he says with the seriousness of a five year old.
A chuckle bubbles in Woohyuns throat and soon he leans over the counter, holding his aching stomach.
Myungsoo keeps looking at him, not knowing if he should be mad, or relieved that Woohyun seemingly won't kill him.

"Im sorry." Woohyun brings out after a moment.

He wipes over his eyes. " It's just so funny. You're acting like I'm the scary mother in law."
"You have done nothing but to glare at me every time I met you. Which were exactly two times today included."
Woohyun motions for him to come over. " Help me a bit with the pancakes."
He gives Myungsoo the spatula to turn the pancake in the pan and mixes the dough a bit more.
" I'm a jealous, territorial . And you have a hero complex including my boyfriend.", he can't help but to ruffle through Myungsoos soft hair. " But you're cute so I'll let you live."
" Ahhh.", Myungsoo nods in sudden understanding. " I know that feeling. Sungyeol is a doctor and his patients worship him."
"That giraffe?" Woohyun points behind him and Myungsoo softly kicks his shin, then realises what he has done and smoothly moves a bit farer away.
"You can't talk. Your boyfriend looks like a hamster."
Woohyun slowly nods. " He surely does. He is still cute as . "

He winks at Myungsoo. " It's hard being the attractive part in the relationship, isn't?"
They eye each other, nod in appreciation  and that's the beginning of a wonderful, ego ridden friendship.

                                                          

                                                           OOO

 

It is too quiet.
Woohyuns gaze slowly wanders through the abandoned living room where he left Sunggyu and the others a while ago.
" Where did they go?" Myungsoo asks next to him, another plate of pancake in his hands.
" I'm not too sure."
He motions for the the younger to follow him and leads him through the living room to the dining room where he heard something earlier.
Sugyeols shock of hair peeks out behind the table.
"Pssssssshhhh."
Sunggyu.
"They are coming."
Woohyun raises his eyebrow.
Did someone just slightly lull?
"Boys… can I get up now?"
A not too happy sounding Hoya.
"Nooooo.", Sugyeol whines. "We need to surprise them."
Woohyun coughs slightly. " Apparently we can see and hear you on top of that."
Three shocks of hair slowly come in their field of view.
Rosy cheeks, Woohyun notices.
Too rosy.
He narrows his eyes at them, putting the pancakes on the table. "Have you been drinking?"
Hoyas eyes widen. " He's getting pissed off! Intervention!"
"What intervention??", Sungyeol shrieks. " We didn't discuss this before the vodka!"
"Vodka?" Woohyuns voice getting darker by the second.
Hoya shoves Sunggyu to the end of the table. " Do something!"
Sunggyu looks a bit lost in the room when all eyes are on him.
"Someone wants to explain wh--"
Sunggyu lifts his arms above his head, forming a heart. " I love you."
There, Woohyun is a puddle of water in the warm sunshine, a soft breeze, sunlight engulfing him, not caring about vodka.
Hoya and Sungyeol high five in the background.
" Haaa..", Sunggyu breaths out heavily. " I feel…"
He is looking for words, rows his arms through the air as a support.
"Yes?" Woohyun says slowly.
"My head feels like potcake."
"What the hell is potcake?" Sungyeol asks while he a bit clumsily takes a seat at a chair, Myungsoo by his side.
"When you make pancakes in a pot."
"Love.", Woohyun walks over to him, rearranging the slightly sweaty hair on his forehead. "Why would you make pancakes in a pot?"
"Because Dongwoo stole my frying pan." he answers , a dark glimmer in his eyes. " I need to kick his . Like I did in 10th grade."
He fumbles for his mobile, stopping midway, his bottom lip starting to quiver as if he wants to cry any second.
"Hey…" Woohyun says soothingly, trying not to burst out into laughter or coo too much over him.

Sleepy and drunk Sunggyu will be his end.
"I can't."
" You can't kick Dongwoos ?"
He falls heavily onto a chair. "Yes. I like Dongwoo. And I broke that guys chaw in 10th grade.."
"You did wh---?  Well..you know. Just take a seat. And you--", he glovers at Hoya and Sungyeol. " Get out the vodka right this instant or this will end badly."
" Woohyun."
He really wanted to show some authority because ,hey, he cooked and they drank without him, but a wild boyfriend slings his arms around his waist.
" Woohyun."
"Yes?"
"Woohyun."
"I'm listening, love."
Sunggyu stupidly grins, his face pressed against Woohyuns stomach. " I love your name. I love you. I love pancakes. And I love potcake."
Woohyun runs his fingers through his hair, the same stupid grin on his face.

" Potcake sounds like drugs."

" Or like a huge toilet business."
"Why did you drink again? Not that I complain... but how much?"
"Hoya promised."
The addressed looks quiet sober but Woohyun has known him long enough to know that he is at least a tiny bit drunk.
"He said… if I win the game he will tell me about Portugal in 2006."
"Hoya!!"
The bar owner hurriedly hides behind the table.
Sungyeol snorts and Myungsoo  too, is barely able to keep it together.

" I like you guys." he says, happier than Woohyun who has to deal with his friends almost betrayal.
"I was so curious. But I kept loosing and had to drink.", he looks up at Woohyun, his arms still tightly around him. " Pretty please. Tell me."
"Eat pancakes."
"Potcake!!"

Woohyun drywashes his face and then points at Sungyeol. " You. Vodka. Now. Pronto."

Cutie boyfriend is too much for his sober mind.






                                                                        OOO



Sungjong doesn't want to call.
He knows what is going to happen but he has to.

Even though it means making the mess worse.