Part 5

Blue House

 

 

 

 

Woohyun isn't a real smoker.
He started during army days, quit afterwards and now he smokes one or two as soon as he is stressed out.
So, it is no miracle that he sits on the rooftop in the dark, a cigarette between his lips, not really caring about the dirt getting on his trousers .
"Idiot…", he curses soon after, feeling the hot tears running down his cheeks, result of his anger, the confusion and the fact they just had their first big fight.
"…" he wipes the tears away, new ones threaten to fall and he gives up.
Hell...He doesn't even know what he did wrong to get yelled at like this.
"Idiot idiot idiot…"

A silent mantra into the night.
The door to the rooftop opens.
"Woohyun?"
Thank god…
Woohyun relaxes the second he hears Sunggyus soft, apologetic voice.

He is still talking to him, it is not over like this in a matter of seconds.
Still, Woohyun doesn't look at him.
" Can we talk?"
Woohyun inhales the smoke one last time and throws his half smoked cigarette away. " You know that I love you. But right now I'm too pissed off to even look at you."
Silence for a second and Woohyun thinks he might leave just like that.

But then Sunggyu comes closer, stops right behind Woohyun and crouches down.

Woohyun doesn't move when he feels his boyfriends arms around his chest. He is being pulled back into a warm chest, Sunggyus chin on his shoulder.
"Then don't look at me. Just let me stay like this."
Woohyun wants to push him away at first but… it is Sunggyu. How could he?
So he just stays like this, the soft wind drying his tears.
"I'm sorry, Woohyun."
"You should be."
"I know.", Sunggyu tightens his hold and Woohyun feels more than comfortable and secure in all this mess.

" I know there is not a lot I can tell you. I… just freaked out and let it out on you. I'm so freaking sorry for yelling at you like this."
Woohyun plays with his fingers. There is a small cut on his ring finger. He accidentally dropped a glass earlier in the restaurant he ate in with his family.

" This is a totally new side of you."
"I… I thought I was over it. Since high school I had myself under control. But today I wasn't able anymore."
"What happened?"
" Someone sent me a letter. There where pictures of you inside… and the word 'quit'. We both know what this is about."
Woohyun freezes.
"I… totally freaked out and when I couldn't contact you and nobody knew where you went. I thought they did something to you and… ...", he buries his face in Woohyuns neck. " I was so scared. I nearly called the police. And the you came inside acting like nothing happened and I just… snapped. I'm sorry Woohyun. I'm so sorry you had to witness this. I would understand if you--"
"You would understand what?" Woohyun interrupts him.
" I would understand if you wanted to end things with me." Sunggyu finishes with a shaky voice, a slight tremble in his fingers Woohyun can feel on his stomach.
"Gyu."

Finally, Woohyun finds it in himself to touch Sunggyus hands around his chest. " I love you. More than I have ever loved someone before. Tattoo it on your forehead, draw it on a banner and take it to your next demonstration. I don't care. Just remember it. And no stupid fight will change that, okay?"
He softly loosens Sunggyus hold so he can turn around, facing his boyfriend. He almost cries again when he notices Sunggyus beaten up state. Gently, he touches the swollen area under his eyes. "Don't cry because of that. We just had a fight. When I had an argument with my ex vases were flying. This is nothing compared to it."
"You were crying. I have hurt you."
"You did. But every fight hurts. And then it is alright again.", Woohyuns finger slowly wanders down to his lips. " Would you want to break up with me if I yelled at you?"
Sunggyu frantically shakes his head. "Never. I wouldn't even think about it."
"See." Woohyuns leans over and kisses him.
Finally.
This is what he has been waiting for all day long.
He didn't expect to see Sunggyus tears again.
"Hey", he quietly comforts him. " I said it is okay. Actually I shouldn't blame only you. I shouldn't have run off like this."

" No..."

" Stop crying."
"I… I …", Sunggyus hiccups between two sobs. " I was so scared you won't come home again. I was so scared."
Woohyun hugs him tightly. " I came home. You can stop worrying now."
"I don't… I don't know what to do without you anymore..."
"Oh, love…", Woohyun doesn't know where to hug or kiss or caress or if he should rock him back and forth or just be happy because in all the misfortune Sunggyu loves him like this.

" Don't. I'm here. You don't have to ever be without me anymore. Shhh… don't cry. Please…"
It takes him another ten minutes to calm down his crying boyfriend.

 

 

OOO
 


 

Dongwoo never felt like he didn't do enough for Sunggyu as a friend.

He knows, that he has always been good for him, from the beginning.

As good as Sunggyu was for him.

Late night talks in the park, heavy drinking in the next bar after a break up, lending each other clothes even though Sunggyu is a bit taller than Dongwoo.

Thank god he likes his clothes baggy.

Yes.

After all those years one could think that he would be a bit more jealous to see his friend being that close to another person but Dongwoo is fine.

Strangely fine and content to know that Sunggyu is save with Woohyun.

Is now and will always be.

But at the moment, he is the one that has an arm around his best friend, while Woohyun paces up and down the living room, thoroughly ignoring Hoyas tries to calm him down.

After another round Woohyun raises his hand and slams it down on the kitchen counter, startling everyone in the room. He throws an apologetic look at Sunggyu, whose face is still showing some signs of his heavy crying.

 " Sorry, love. But- ", he moves back in front of the couch his hands balled into fists. " I'm so ing pissed off! How dare anyone to threaten him!"

" Well... they also kind of threatened you." Hoya throws in.

" Who the cares?!"

" Woohyun!", Sunggyu straightens himself where his seated on the couch. " Someone is stalking you!"

" Hmm... I know, but...At least the pictures are good. Did you see what the jeans did to my ?"

Hoya rolls his eyes in his typical manner. " Don't you think you should take this a bit more serious?"

Woohyun waves his comment aside. " I'm the heir to a million dollar company and my mom might be the most famous lawyer in all of Korea. I'm used to people stalking me or trying to kidnap me. But what they're doing to Sung--"

" Woah woah woah.", Sunggyu lifts his hands, successfully disturbing his rant. " Can you repeat that?"

" What they're doing to yo--"

" The thing before."

" The million dollar company and the kidnapping?"

With a groan Sunggyu sinks into the cushions. " Oh god... I heard it right. Can someone get me a drink? This day is getting worse and worse."

Hoya gives Dongwoo the look. " And there you think you know the people around you."

" Guys!", Woohyun draws their attention back to him. " We need to focus!"

Hoya scoffs. " On you being stalked."

" No!", he pauses. " Well... partly."

Finally Woohyun takes a seat at the couch next to Sunggyu and Dongwoo sighs inwardly. The pacing nearly drove him insane.

Woohyuns gaze softens in the close proximity to Sunggyu. He takes his boyfriends hands in his.

 " Before we talk about anything you need to tell us one thing: Do you want to quit?"

" Quit?"

" You can be honest with us. No judging. Do you want to keep being in this position or do you want to stop?"

Sunggyus eyes keeps searching his gaze, averting it again, back to searching it. For a second his tongue slips out, wetting his dry lips.

" Of course I want to quit. I don't want you to be in danger because of this. I don't want anyone to be in danger."

" And if this wasn't about me."

" It is."

" If it wasn't." Woohyun repeats, his voice a bit firmer.

Sunggyu intertwines their fingers.

Woohyun smiles warmly at him. " Be honest. It is fine."

" If this wasn't about you then I wouldn't want to. Because I feel like I'm doing the only right thing."

"Then don't quit."
All eyes on Woohyun.
He softly nudges Sunggyus shoulder. " As much as I want you to quit… I don't think it is the best solution to this problem."
"What do you want me to do then?"
" Just keep doing your thing."

Sunggyus eyes widen in confusion as he grows restless on the couch." I can't if it means people I love are in danger."

Woohyun forces him to stay seated.

" And we will work that out. But if we just stop now because of a stupid threat there will be regret in future. Without fail. Over the past months you became something the people are looking up to. You are able to change things. I seriously don't want that president to off."

" So... you think it was the presidents order? Or at least someone close to him?" Hoya asks.

Woohyun nods. " See. This is how I think everything went so far: you gained popularity. The president and his men got worried about you and dug up some things. Found out that you worked there pretty close as an intern and now they get scared that you found out about their mess and have proofs. Calling some delinquents to do the job and here we are."

" I don't have anything against him apart from what I saw and no one would believe me."

" They don't know."

" This sounds like a bad plot in a bad movie."

Sunggyu gives Hoya a long look. " Ever watched Robocroc?"

Woohyun is back on his feet.

To Dongwoo it seems like he almost reluctantly lets go off Sunggyus hand but his legs seem too restless to let him stay seated.

" The thing is that going to the police might be contra productive. There is this prompt against you if I remember right?"

Sunggyu nods. " But until now I was quiet save during the demonstrations. Police didn't get through. They actually weren't really trying at all. Maybe because there is just the prompt and not any real proof."

"After getting pictures like that the first thing should be a visit to the police station.  But if I go I need to talk about you and I'm worried to get you out of the way they will make up more stories. And on top of that I'm a bit worried about them being corrupt."

Sunggyu reaches one hand out for him and Woohyun automatically takes it, not really realizing he is doing it in all of is thinking.

He keeps standing next to the couch.

" I will talk about this to my Mom. She knows people and I she surely has more experience with situations like this. But I need to tell her about her secret. Is that fine with you, Gyu?"

A hardly noticeable smile on Sunggyus lips. " One day I need to meet the parents."

Woohyun squeezes his hand.

" Then I think you should make a new video. And tell people you will upload one every two or three days and if you won't  that something happened. I guess that will keep anyone who wants you any harm away."

" Have you ever been such a mastermind?" Hoya asks from his seat at the kitchen counter.

Woohyun runs his hand gently through Sunggyus hair, a loving gaze directed at his boyfriend.

" If they want to with him they need to get me out of the way first."

"Woohyun... I'm not a damsel in distress..."

" You look like one at the moment. How much did you even cry?"

" Dongwoo!!"

" Gyu.", Woohyun sits down next to him once again, a rarely seen seriousness in his eyes. " I swear to you, Sunggyu. I know your behaviour by now and I'm on the ing edge so I'm not kidding. I know this is for a higher purpose or some but if you act recklessly I will lock you into your room and won't let you out again. So you better listen to me because you know I can and will do it without hesitation. From now on no going out alone. Someone will bring you to everywhere you need to go and back."

" Same goes for you."

" I--"

Hoya shrugs. " He is right, Woohyun. You're in this as much as he is."

" I would feel better knowing both of you are safe."

Woohyun sighs deeply.

Dongwoos puppy eyes are almost as good as Sunggyus.

Almost.

" Okay. All of us will try to be more careful. And then this will be over sooner than we expect."

 

 

                                                                       OOO

 

 

It is half an hour later when Dongwoo and Hoya leave together.

They made up some kind of extemporary plan.

Since Hoyas bar is close by to Woohyuns workplace they will go there together, while Sunggyu will give Myungsoo a call about them going together to university and since Dongwoo has quiet a lot of free time he will be there to fill in if necessary.

On their way to their bedroom Woohyun stops Sunggyu for a second and hugs him tightely in the dim light of the hallway.

" I love you."

For a moment, Sunggyu enjoys their first calm moment of the day, a sudden feeling of everything will be fine in his stomach.

He kisses Woohyuns forehead. " Thank you."

" Nothing more?" Woohyun chuckles lightly.

" I love you, Nam Woohyun."

Woohyuns lips break out into a huge smile.

" I'm sorry about fighting today." Sunggyu mumbles.

Woohyun kisses him gently. " Let's forget about that."

A sudden idea jumps into Sunggyus head when he pulls his boyfriend to their bedroom. " Do you want to go on a trip?"

" A trip?"

" Just a small one. To get out of here for a bit? How does the weekend sound?"

Woohyuns eyes light up and Sunggyu inwardly claps himself on the back for the first time he made his boyfriend genuinely smile today.

 

 

 

OOO


 

" Mooommmmmaaaaa!"

" What?"

Woohyun pouts.

He takes a pillow from the couch and throws it into the air from where he is lying on the couch.

Of course he doesn't catch it and it hits him right into the face.

" Is that a way to greet your beloved son?"

" Stop whining. I'm busy. Your father decided to make a ing omelette this morning and guess who has to clean up his mess in the kitchen!"

The loud closing of a drawer and Woohyun has to suppress  his laughter. His mother all over. A bit too strong language, a bit too straight forward but a lion when it comes to her family.

" It's serious mom. I wouldn't have called otherwise."

" Of course. You never call just to know how your mother is doing, brat."

" Mom!"

Finally she chuckles on the other end of the line. " Okay, I'm sorry. Wait a second, let me put the dishes away and then I'm all yours."

Woohyun waits a few minutes, listening to her quiet humming while putting away what sounds like plates.

His gaze wanders to Sunggyu, who wanted to study but now is asleep, his head situated on the kitchen counter. Woohyun takes a quick picture of his sleeping boyfriend and just wanted to coo over it when his mom is back on the phone.

" So, I'm all yours. What's going on?"

" It is a bit of a longer story."

" I've got time."

" So, you see, it has to do with my boyfriend."

" Cutie Gyu?", his moms voice turns an octave higher. " I still have the picture of him you sent me last week. Saved it as my mobile background."

Woohyun glowers at nothing. " First of all: my Cutie Gyu. Second of all: Shouldn't I be your phone background?"

" If you were half as cute as h--"

" Okay okay, I get it."

" Now. What does your problem have to do with him?"

Woohyun gets himself into a sitting position. " Are you following the news lately? Especially the ones about the demonstrations?"

" Who couldn't? It is everywhere."

"Well... you know the Masked?"

" Same answer: Who doesn't?", her voice wanders off again. " I saw one of his pictures in the newspaper. Really good looking this guy."

A wrinkle on Woohyuns forehead. He just knows too well without asking about what picture she is talking.

A never ending trauma.

" What do you think about him?"

" I think he is doing great things. Of course, I don't want those demonstrations turn into violence and riot but I could never stand that Lee either way and I'd be glad if he was gone for good."

" So... you think he is a good person?"

" Of course I do. We need more people to act like him."

Woohyun swallows, all of sudden nervous as hell.

" What would you say if... I told you know it is Sunggyu."

Silence on the other end of the line.

" Mom?" Woohyun asks reluctantly.

He is ready for an outburst but the ear tearing scream that erupts a second later has almost flying him to ground.

" CUTIE GYU IS HOT MASKED GUY!?"

" My ear!"

" Oh god...", she rambles. " Who knew you had such a taste in men!"

" Mom!"

" Sorry but... holy crap. This is better than that one time your dad accidentally set his toupee on fire."

" You need to listen." Woohyun says in such a urgent tone that his mom keeps quiet for the whole rest of his story. He tells her about the things Sunggyu told him during that one night he opened up to him, about his internship and how he ended up where he is now.

He ends the story with the pictures they got not too long ago and his own thoughts about the situation, including the police and how they planned to act from now on.

" I see. So someone is using you to get to  him?"

" Seems like it."

Sunggyu is stirring on his seat at the counter.

" Woohyun. I need to meet your Sunggyu. If it's true and he is not responsible for the things they claim against him we will make sure he can't be sued for anything. And after we are sure about that we will charge against person unknown. I'm not going to let someone stalk my boy and not do anything."

" Thanks, ;om."

" When can we meet`?"

Woohyun thinks for a moment. " This weekend we wanted to take a trip. Maybe camping."

" Not the safest thing at the moment."

" I know. But we need a bit time away."

" How about camping in the backyard of our house in Suwon?"

Woohyun raises his brow. " Our backyard?"

" Dad and I will be out of the house next weekend. You can act like camping with actually having a bathroom to use but it is safe with the fence around."

" Couldn't we just sleep in the house then?"

" Didn't you want to camp? Don't tell me my son is too much of a wuss."

Woohyun smiles. " Okay, Mom. I will talk to Gyu and text you back."

" Make sure to convince him to come over soon. I want to see him."

" Even if he wouldn't want to--"

" What??"

" -- come he had to . But of course he would love to meet you."

" Better.",  his mother chuckles. "Be careful."

"I will. Bye."

He ends the call.

Other than his slight stirring in his sleep, Sunggyu didn't move any further. His posture doesn't look that comfortable but Woohyun got used to his ability to fall asleep everywhere in every position.

He silently walks over to his boyfriend, stays by his side for a moment, his gaze gliding over his features.

So beautiful.

He over Sunggyus soft hair, his hand remains on his cheek, warm and slightly pink in his sleep.

" What are you doing?" Sunggyu mumbles.

He slightly turns his head to look at Woohyun, his eyes glassy from sleep.

Woohyun bends down and kisses his cheek. " Watching you in your sleep."

" That's creepy."

" I could have a foot kink. That would be creepy."

Sunggyu groans and wipes over his eyes.

He is still half asleep when he circles his arms around Woohyuns torso and rests his cheek against his stomach. " I'm tired."

" You wanted to study."

" That made me more tired." he whines.

Woohyun slowly runs his finger trough his hair. " How about meeting my parents this weekend?"

" Hmm."

Woohyun chuckles. " Are you even listening."

" I am."

Woohyun lifts his chin with a finger and forces Sunggyu to look at him. " And?"

" Ok."

He raises slightly from his chair to kiss Woohyuns lips.

" I thought there would be more back talking. No one wants to meet the parents for the first time." Woohyun says between two kisses.

He loves tired Sunggyu. Affectionate and cuddly.

" I want to meet them. They sound nice."

" Just because my mom thinks you're cute."

" I am cute."

Sunggyu pouts and Woohyun laughs in disbelief. " Who the hell are you and were is my boyfriend."

" Right here."

Sunggyu snuggles closer and whines until Woohyun embraces him again.

" Let's just take a nap. Like this you're good for nothing."

Sunggyu nods and Woohyun guides him to the bedroom.

 

 

helloooo~~~~ thanks for reading and commenting and everything. no real cliffhanger today but it didn't really fit. I still hope you enjoyed. Until next time ^-^