Part 6

Blue House

 

 

Their bedroom.
Sunggyu slowly blinks the sleep away from his eyes.
His gazes wanders to his alarm clock.
01:44 pm.
He stares at the dark wall, trying to figure out what kind of dream made his heart race like this, what image caused him to brake out into cold sweat.

But the more he tries to remember the blanker his thoughts get and soon there is nothing left. "Gyu?"
Sunggyus tossing woke Woohyun up. He searches for Sunggyus hand under the blanket, still half asleep.
"I had a dream.", Sunggyu tugs him in properly. "Sleep."
"Okay…"
Woohyun snuggles closer into him and soon after his even breathing shows Sunggyu that he fell asleep again.
Something Sunggyu can't seem to do anytime soon.
So he quietly gets out of bed, carefully, so he won't disturb Woohyuns sleep once again and taps barefooted into the living room.
After a bit of searching he finds the remote under a cushion and turns on the TV.
He aimlessly zaps through the program. For a minute a documentary about yoghurt catches his attention but soon he has seen enough. A bit of music, late night news and then he ends up on the rerun of a talk show.
He just wanted to turn off the TV and try to sleep again when a voice catches his attention.

A voice he only knows too well.
" Our party has a strong support system and I don't think that those accusations can change anything concerning this matter." President Lee says with a smile.
Sunggyu tenses, noticing the lie behind his fake facade.
" So you believe that the voter opinion won't change significantly over the long run?"
"People voted me because they have trust in me and my party. And I never did anything to hurt this trust. I hope that soon, all those that are misguided at the moment will understand that they are on the wrong path and that soon again, we will work on the future of our country together. As it should be."

Sunggyu wants to throw the remote into the TV but decides against it the last second.
Woohyun might kill him for real.
He goes with turning off the TV instead and stays on the couch in the dark, cross-legged, a fluffy pillow pressed against his chest. 
He scoffs.

ing ...
"Gyu… seriously. Why aren't you in bed?"
The light gets switched on.

Woohyun in the doorframe in his too big shirt and shorts, cutely rubbing over his sleepy eyes.
"Sorry. Was the TV too loud?"
"No. But it was cold without you."
Woohyun hits both of his cheeks once and  looks a bit more awake after that when he tumbles over to the couch.
" I couldn't sleep. Felt like I had a bad dream but I couldn't remember after I woke up."
Woohyun studies his face for a moment from where he stands, taking in his words and soon his gaze turns into something all too familiar to Sunggyu.
"Woohyun..."
"I know what helps."

A glimmer in his eyes.
"Don't..." Sunggyu warns, huddling more against the couch.
"Cuddles!"
"Noooo!" Sunggyu yells between laughter when all of his boyfriend jumps on him at once.
" You walrus!"
"Did you just call me fat!?"
" You small walrus!"
"That screams for drastic measures!"
Sunggyu shrieks when Woohyun tickles his sides.
"Are you giving up?"
"Never!"
"Give up!"
"Nooo!"
Annnndd…
…they unglamorously fall on the carpet where they stay next to each other, panting and trying to even out their breathing.
Woohyun pushes himself half on top of Sunggyu.
"Why are we doing this at 2 in the morning?"
"Because you decided to crush me under your weight.", Sunggyu pinchesWoohyuns waist, an evil smirk on his lips. " Gained a bit of weight around here? "
Woohyun gasps in indignation and Sunggyu is quick when he hugs him and effectively stops him from getting up.
"Just joking."
Woohyun relaxes.
" Even if you gained weight--"
"Which I definitely didn't!"
A bit more moving.
"Which you didn't."
Tighter hugging.
"Definitely."
"Even if you gained weight - which you definitely certainly didn't and no one an tell me otherwise- it would just be more of you to love."
He kisses Woohyun forehead, still having him on top of him on the ground and it couldn't be better.
"You've spend too much time with me, former Mr. Kim, now McCheesy.", Woohyun nestles closer. " But I like it."
" And I like being like this."
"On the ground?"
"Being with you at the ground at 2 in the morning. I think this is what I want everyday."
"I don't think I can do this everyday."
Sunggyu pinches his nose. " In a metaphorical sense. My back hurts enough by now already."
Woohyun grins at him. "Old man."
A more painful pinch into his waist.
" Not any day older looking than 18 and a half."
Sunggyu laughs and for a moment they get engulfed by a comfortable silence. Sunggyus fingers slowly wander over Woohyuns earlobe, sending a shiver down the latters back.
"But… seriously, Woohyun. This is what I want to be the centre of my life. Not anything else."
Woohyun pricks up his ears.
He sits up and takes a seat close to Sunggyus still lying figure.
" That thing afflicts you a lot, right?" he asks when he reaches out for Sunggyus hand.
"Isn't it doing something to both of us?"
Woohyun stops running his thumb over the back of Sunggyus hand and he misses the feeling as soon as it is gone.
The warm smile on Woohyuns lips makes up for it.

" Sometimes I'm scared that masked guy will pull me in and won't let me go anymore."

Woohyun cups the side of his face.
" I will make sure that as soon as you get rid of this mask it won't matter anymore. And even the times you wear it... I won't let him pull you in."
"I trust you with that."

He really does.

Because it is Woohyun telling him this.
They share a gentle gaze and Woohyun uses the time to bend down low and kiss Sunggyu.
" You better do."
"Love you, walrus."
"You little piece of--""
Sunggyu pulls him down before he can curse any further, effectively shutting him up and instead of another name earning him a only slightly painful bite into his .
Soon they find themselves back in bed and Sunggyu is finally able to fall asleep, lulled to sleep by the sweet nothings Woohyun whispers into his ear.

                                                                      

                                                                       OOO

 

 

They stand in front of the huge mansion in the country side half an hour outside of Seoul,  heads tilted back to see the top windows that are... really far away to say the least.

It is the dreaded day.

Meeting the parents.

"You ready?"
Sunggyu winces next to Woohyun.

" Why are you asking if I'm ready? Did you keep something secret?? Is there something waiting for me I need to be ready for??"
"Gyu.", Woohyun has to bite his lip not to burst out into loud laughter. " Everything is fine. But you seem to be slightly on the edge."
Sunggyu rubs his hand over his face. " I'm going to piss my pants soon."
Woohyun nudges his side. " Even if you piss your pants my parents will like you. Now come one."
He pulls Sunggyu up the two stairs to the front door and rings the bell.
Not even a second later there is a scream inside and the patter of feet.
Sunggyu tries to take a step back but Woohyun keeps him in place. "If she doesn't find you now she will hunt you down. Trust me."
Sunggyu gulps.
Then.
The door flies open.
" Sunggyu!"
Two hands grab him by the shoulder and before Woohyun can react the door closes in front of his eyes, successfully shutting him out.

 

                                                                      OOO


 

 

Woohyun is still sulking on the couch.
"Oh come on. I told you I was just joking." His mom nudges his side when she brings a tray with cups and coffee into the living room.
"You locked me out!"
"Just to talk to this sweetheart without having you hovering over him like the mother hen you are."
She pats Sunggyus cheek, the latter turned into a pillar of salt at his place on the couch, clearly overwhelmed by all the happenings.

"Look what you did to him!", Woohyun pulls him into his side, an arm around his shoulders. " I told you he tends to be a bit shy in the beginning."

"A bit?", Mrs. Nam musters Sunggyu from the opposite couch and happily squeaks when he blushes more. " You're so cute."
"Ehm…", he chokes on his own spit and Woohyun pats his back for him not to suffocate.

" Thanks. Mrs. Nam."

" See. He is totally out of it.", Woohyun sighs and runs his fingers over Sunggyus neck to calm him down.

" Where's dad?"

"I tied him to a chair in his room so he won't disturb my bonding time with Cutie Gyu."
Sunggyu just managed to take a cup from the tray with two shaking hands but listening to her words makes him almost let go of the cup. Woohyun steadies his hand with his and helps him to drink a bit of coffee.
" Please tell me you were joking."
Woohyuns Mom winks at her son and then bends over the table to pat his knee. " He had to finish some papers and will come down soon. Now, Sunggyu.", she adds and turns to the mess on the couch. " I'm really sorry for making you uncomfortable. Woohyun always tells me to tone things down but I just can't help it. I was so excited to finally meet you because Woohyuns stories always sound so nice."
A tiny smiley on Sunggyus lips. " It's… nice to meet you, too. And… I'm sorry for acting so nervous. .", he runs his fingers through his hair, his eyes disappearing when his uneasy smile widens. " But actually you're acting like Woohyun so it should be fine."
He turns quiet when two identical pair of eyes look in awe at him.
"Woah… son. He's a keeper. So cute."
"Yeah… I know.", Woohyuns kisses Sunggyus cheek lightly and sticks out his tongue to his mom. "You've got dad. Too bad for you."
The bickering goes on for another few minutes until Woohyuns dad finally shows up and successfully shuts both of them up.
Sunggyu can't help but feel… relieved when he stands up to shake the man's hand.
Being called cute has never been his strong point and he doesn't think he can endure it any longer.
"So. Tell us about you, Sunggyu." Woohyuns dad asks in a friendly manner.
"Well… there is not a lot to say. I'm a political science major."
"And music." Woohyun ads.
Sunggyu can't help but to smile at him. "Yes. And music."
"Darling. Please put your mobile away."
When he turns back to the parents he looks directly into the camera of an iPhone 7, Mrs. Nam trying to find the perfect angle for a picture.
She tries to fight her husbands hands but has to give in soon.

" But they're so cute."
"Mom!", Woohyun falls back into the cushions, internal pain written all over his face. " He'll think you're insane."
"I don't think she's ins--"
"Stop taking pictures!"
She slightly pouts. " But they're really cute. Earlier I took one of him in the hallway."

" Picture in the hallway?" Sunggyus voice turns an octave higher.
Woohyuns face turns serious when he bends closer to her. "Can you send me?"
"Woohyun!" Sunggyu almost yells, his face a tomato again.
Woohyun pouts, now only the more looking like his mother. " I need to broaden my collection."
"Your collection?! "
"Oh come on.", Woohyun softly punches him into the ribs. " You know I'm your biggest fan."
"That place might have been taken over by someone else." His father deadpans and that might have been the worst thing he could tell at the moment because all hell breaks loose and poor Sunggyu is in the middle, sharing a gaze with Woohyuns father  who mouths a Collective Nam Crush over to him, and sadly that seems to be the truth.

 

                                                                      

                                                                       OOO

 

 

After lunch Sunggyu steals himself away when Woohyun is too distracted having a conversation with his father about work.
He finds Mrs. Nam in the kitchen, putting the dirty dishes into the dishwasher. He is a bit surprised. Living in that kind of mansion, he would have expected them to have service personal for that.

He feels relieved seeing her doing that kind of housework. Puts her down on his level in some kind of way.

"Sunggyu."

She smiles warmly at him when she sees him in the doorframe.
"Can I help out with something, Mrs. Nam?"
She waves his question aside. " You're the guest, don't worry. But thanks for asking. I'm almost finished."
She puts another plate into the dish washer and Sunggyu kneads his hands, unsure of what to do.
Mrs. Nam is helping him out.
"No need to worry anymore, Sunggyu. I know meeting the parents is always kind of hard, but we really like you. And we like how Woohyun is acting around you. He looks happy."
Sunggyu feels the so familiar blush on his cheeks.
" Thanks for saying that. I guess… that means lot to me."
"Water?"
He nods when she finishes the dishes and pulls to clean classes out of the cupboard.
"I'm the one that needs to be thankful. I know Woohyun can get overboard from time to time. He has never been the best in keeping his feelings hidden. If he likes something, the whole world has to know. Where did he get that from?" She winks at him, perfectly knowing the answer to her own question.
Sunggyu sips a bit of water. " He's… perfect the way he is. Even though I'm still not too sure what he sees in me."
" Love doesn't ask. I mean… what do you see in my obnoxious, too loud and clingy son that definitely has a jealousy problem we need to talk about."
He slowly is getting used to her empty accusations and can read the glimmer in her eyes that shows that she is just joking even though her features are serious.
Woohyun is loved a lot by his parents and Sunggyu feels so happy for him.
"Sunggyu.", Mrs. Nam slowly starts, and his knows a second later where this going.

" Woohyun told me some things about you."

His fingers start to shake slightly and he has to put the water at the counter. "Mrs. Nam. I know how all of this looks and I told the same thing to Hoya already. But I am in no way a danger to your son. And if I ever noticed it is getting too much then I would be gone as fast as I can. I promise and I hope you can believe me."
She observes him for a second. Too long to let him think about all the horrible outcomes of this. Too short to throw him into a complete pit of nervous misery.
"Of course I believe you will never harm him.", she moves closer to him  and links their arms, a comforting smile on her face. " Of course I don't like neither of you being stalked by some creeper but… it's not like you wanted this. I'm a person of the law, Sunggyu. And as that I find it great that you make use of your right to demonstrate. The violence on the other hand…"
Sunggyu gaze turns to the ground but before he can answer she stops him again, sensing his emotional state.
" This is not something to discuss here. How about we take our little Hyuni with us to my office and we talk about it? Trying to find a solution. How does it sound?"
He nods slowly and she points upstairs. " Tell Woohyun I will wait for you in my office. He will show you were to go."
"Sure."
He slowly walks out the other door that leads to the living room, a bit startled when he finds himself eye to eye with Woohyun who is leaning against the wall, arms crossed I front of his chest, a not too happy look on his face.

There is no trace of his father.

It is quiet, the only sound a few birds outside the open window and the ticking of the huge clock in the back.
"You know.", Woohyun starts slowly. " I don't mind being stalked in the dark or whatever. But don't you dare saying you'll leave if everything goes downhill because I can't deal with that."
"What do you--"
Sunggyu stops.
It dawns on him, that Woohyun might have listened to their talk.
" Yeah. I eavesdropped. Sue me.", Woohyun scoffs looking out of the window. " Good thing I did."
Sunggyu feels the warmth in his chest, as familiar as his blushing cheeks when he sees how Woohyun tries to hide his worry behind an indifferent mask.
He reaches out for his boyfriend and pinches his nose softly, earning him a gaze out of the corner of Woohyuns eyes.
"I'm not leaving you, idiot. Didn't we establish that already?"
"You said--"
"I'm going to leave the demonstrations if it turns any worse. Something I should have done already but we talked about it and you were the one saying I shouldn't stop yet. I'm won't leave you, idiot. How could I?"
"Oh…", Woohyun mumbles contritely.

" Hey..."

" Sorry. I was overreacting for a second. Again."
" Come one. No need to be down. My parents in law will kill me if they see what I did to you."
Woohyuns head jolts up, a certain glimmer in his eyes. " Parents in law?"
"Yes. Wha-- oh... I see..."
"Parents in law!?"
"Woohyun!" Sunggyu half-heartedly  yells when a wild Woohyun jumps at him and hugs him tightly.
"I wasn't saying --"
Woohyun silences him with a quick kiss. " I know this wasn't a proposal. But still… only the fact that you called them like that."
Another kiss and he hugs Sunggyu only closer.
" I can wait, love."
"Oh wow…", Sunggyu chuckles, glad that Woohyun is back to his old self. " No pressure at all."
"I never want to pressure you. But just know that I don't plan to let you go and one day I will marry you, if you want to or not."
Sunggyu decides against an answer, perfectly satisfied being hold like that.
Marrying one day, actually a nice thought.
"Yah! Nam Woohyun! Move that of yours up to my office!", the voice of Woohyun mom resounds through the room and grows softer when she addresses Sunggyu. " You too, Gyu. When you're ready~~"


                                                                 OOO

 

 

Mrs. Nam takes reading glasses out of a case and scans through a few papers in front of her.
Woohyun takes Sunggyus hand were they sit on a huge couch,  trying to encourage the nervous caramel haired. 

"I did a bit of research after Woohyun told me about you. Don't worry. Subtly so no one will notice.", she smiles at Sunggyu when the latter stiffens. " There are six charges against unknown... therefore you if they knew who you are."
"Yeah… that was kind of the amount I expected."
Sunggyu peeks at Woohyun out of the corner of his eyes and almost sighs in relief when there isn't the expected look of revulsion but still the loving smile on his boyfriends lips.
" Woohyun told me he is worried about going to the police because if they find out about you there might be the possibility of your enemies digging up things to get you out of the way."
"Yes." The only thing leaving Sunggyus dry lips.
"So… how about we start with the first accusation and you tell me about it. Assault in office. Tell us what happened."

Sunggyu notices how Woohyun straightens in his seat. No wonder. He still hasn't told his boyfriend about what happened exactly."
Sunggyu coughs lightly. "Well… that was actually the day that brought me into this mess. I was on my way home after a small demonstration when I heard noises in an alley. I got worried so I ran to it. I saw one of the policeman that earlier kept an eye on us kicking a person on the ground. I saw how unfair that fight was and just jumped in without thinking. I managed to bring the police man down but he accidentally hit his head against. He wasn't unconscious so in all the hectic and thinking that he was able to get help himself I just grabbed the hurt guy at the ground, helped him up and ran away with him."
"Myungsoo?" Woohyun remembers the younger boy from the demonstration.
Sunggyu nods ."Yes. He had a few minor injuries, but also three broken ribs and a cranial trauma. Word about me spread and all of sudden I was this mysterious superman. Myungsoo didn't help a lot either."He smiles slightly when he remembers the worship of the younger.
"So you say it was self- defence?" Woohyuns mother asks and scribbles down a few things.
"Yes. I don't think that policeman would have stopped that early… until today I don't know what got into him. Myungsoo told me there had been no reason to go against him like that."
"This Myungsoo. Would he act as witness for your side if the going gets rough?"
Woohyun scoffs. " That boy kisses the ground he is walking on. He would be his lawyer if he could be."
"Good…" Mrs. Nam says slowly, her eyes wandering over the paper. " Well… without going further into this I don't think you have to be too worried about this case. You have a witness on your side and I'm pretty sure there is a hospital records about that case. The police man can be happy I won't get him into prison if he tries anything."
"Are you sure?", Sunggyu asks slightly nervous. " I heard about people getting worse penalties for smaller things."
"Even if they convict you for this. With a witness and your testimony they can't get you the way they want. And I'm pretty sure the people wouldn't be too happy about hearing it. Police violence isn't as rare as one thinks. And on top of that: You got me."
Her trademark wink.
"Now the next case. Property damage in Insadong. Can you tell me more about it?"
"Yes. I remember that day. After one of President Lees speeches there was discontent among a few younger people. I was on the street that night, wearing my mask because the demonstration went on until late and saw a few drunk youngsters trying to corner a shop owner. I didn't think I could do something against all of them so before they could hurt him I…", another side glance at Woohyun. " I threw a stone through a window to distract them. It worked… but in the end the shop owner saw me and I guess because of the mask remembered me and thought I belonged to them."
He laughs unsurely, running his free hand through his hair. " Lucky, aren't I?"
Woohyun pulls him closer and kisses his cheek, afterwards leaning his forehead against Sunggyus head. " You're too good for this world."
"I totally  agree.", Mrs. Nam says. " Do you have any witness for that?"
"A man living down the street took me inside his house before anyone could get me. He saw everything and congratulated me."
"Perfect."
Woohyuns mother crosses the second case.

" I'm surprised you know that much about the on- going charges and who denounced you."

" I have... connections." Sunggyu mumbles quietly.

Woohyun gives him the look. " We need to talk about your mafia life style later. Definitely."
For half an hour they go on, Sunggyu telling his stories, Woohyun cursing the bastards that dear to accuse him doing  things he ing didn't do, his words, and Woohyuns mother growing more and more satisfied.
" The last one is a charge due to incitement of demonstrators, filed only a bit ago. I think you got hurt that day."
Sunggyu has to fight to keep Woohyun seated.

"What the ?! They threw a ing brick against his head and now someone tries to blame him??"

"Woohyun.", his mother says firmly. "This is a normal procedure. Only half a year ago Kwon Bo Ah has been to court due to false accusations. Of course they try to get Sunggyu and the others that have influence out of this."
She puts her glasses away.
"You don't have to worry, Sunggyu. Now that we talked about all of this and you described what happened I have a good feeling. They have nothing against you and even if something comes up: I will get you out of it."
Sunggyu bows slightly, suddenly feeling a lot lighter than before. "Thank you, Mrs. Nam."
"Just remember one thing.", her gaze seems to bore into his skull all of sudden. " I don't know if Woohyun told you but I grew up in Gwangju and I was old enough to fully experience the massacre in 1980. Today's demonstrations and what lead to that 30 years ago are strangely similar. You seem to be a spokesperson so please try to calm the people. And if you can't please get out of there."
Sunggyu heavily swallows. " I'm trying... but sometimes it is hard when the policeman use violence against us."

" I know. But this can't be the solution to this. Can you promise me? And if not me, please promise Woohyun."

Sunggyu lifts his gaze, sharing a short eye contact with Woohyun.
"Of course. I will do whatever I can."

She smiles. " That's great. And now I will call a security company specialised on personal security I've known for long years. I trust them 100 percent. To be honest: I don't want to give your safety into the hands of the police. Who knows where their loyalty lies. I don't think you need a bodyguard, but I guess both of you will sleep better knowing someone will watch over your apartment at night."

Yes.

Slowly the heavy rocks disappear from Sunggyus chest and he has never been more happy to have met Woohyuns parents.

 

                                                                OOO

 

They stand in front of the door when Woohyuns parents climb into their car.
" You can build your tent in the garden. Or just stay in the house.", his father says cheerfully.

" There is a huge fence built around the garden for safety measures and there will be a signal send to the local police station as soon as someone does as much as moving around there. So you can sleep without worry."

Mrs. Nam once again gets out of the car. "Well be back Monday morning so I think you'll already have left then. Please come over again, Sunggyu! Call me some time!"
Woohyun grimaces. "Sure mom...I'll miss you too."
She throws a kiss hand at him and with another bye they are gone, leaving Woohyun and Sunggyu alone with the huge mansion.
Woohyun pulls Sunggyu close the first thing when the car is out of view, kissing him a bit longer than planned.
"Still camping? Or my bedroom?" He asks, his forehead against Sunggyus.
"Camping." Sunggyu says happily and Woohyun gives in with a laugh.
He finds an old tent big enough for both of them in the basement and an hour, lots of bickering and a few stolen kisses later they built it in the middle of the huge huge... extremely huge garden.
Woohyun even found an old camping grill and soon, when the sun starts to set, a few pieces of meat sizzle on it.
" What was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you?" Woohyun throws the next question in.

Sunggyu thinks for a moment when he turns over the meat. " I once fell down the stairs in school and the only thing that could save me was my crush standing in front of me. Well… his trousers, if you want me to be exact."
Woohyun bursts out into laughter. "Don't tell me you pulled down his pants?"
"Down to his ankles.", he smiles and nudges Woohyuns side. "Stop laughing and answer."
"Hmm… there is nothing I can think of…"
"Your mom told be to ask about Portugal in 2006."
Woohyuns gaze darkens. " It was the clowns fault and the fire department totally exaggerated."
Sunggyu decides he doesn't want to go deeper into this.
They eat their meat and soon it is dark enough to start a bit of cliché star gazing.
"That's the Great Bear."
"That's a firefly."
Woohyun softly punches his side. "Smartass."
Sunggyu chuckles and Woohyun rolls over until he lies halfway on Sunggyus chest. "Are you having fun?"
"Lots.", he circles his arms loosely around Woohyuns waist. " I feel more relaxed than I have felt for a long time. Your parents are… lovely. Yes. That is the right word. And now I'm on a kind-of- camping trip with you. I'm feeling great thanks to you."
"Good." Woohyun smiles and closes the distance between their lips. The chaste kiss soon turns into a heavy make out session, which they soon follow up in the tent.


                                                                       OOO

"Hyung."
Sunggyu slowly wakes up.
"Hyung!"
There.
Another sound.
"What the …" Woohyun grumbles next to him, trying to block out the sound with a pillow over his head.
"Hyung!"
"I told you it was a stupid idea."
Another voice and now Sunggyu can't write it off as a dream anymore.
"There is someone." He whispers over to his boyfriend who is wide awake a second after.
"Who is it?"
Sunggyu shrugs, opening the zipper of the tent. He crawls out, trying to make something out in the dark.
There, a few metres away a figure next to the fence, another one next to.
Woohyun is by his side a moment later, holding him back by the arm.
"Who is there?" He calls over.
"Hyung! Are you awake??"
"Myungsoo?" Sunggyus asks, his eyes widen.
"Oh boy… I told you this is stupid."
"Hoya?" Woohyun takes a step closer to the fence.
"And Sungyeol."  Another cheerful voice and the couple shares a gaze, not knowing what the hell is going on anymore.

 

 

 

I did it ^^"""""" thanks as always~~ i hope you enjoyed~~