Part 3

Blue House

 

 

"Is it that bad?" Woohyun crouches behind Sunggyus heaving figure, gently patting his back and not really knowing what to do.
" I felt so sick all of sudden."
And once more he throws up into the toilett.
This day is definitely turning a bit too hectic for Woohyuns liking. Not only that some jokester decided it would be fun to throw a stone at his boyfriend and to give him a concussion and stitches.
No.
Now the effect of the - even though slight but still bad- concussion kicks in Sungyeol warned them about and Woohyun found himself abandoning his pancake in the frying pan and hurrying over to his room from where a weak call of his name resounded.
Sunggyu didn't manage to hold back long enough and threw up on Woohyuns carpet in front of the bed.
Woohyun doesn't really care.
Sunggyu only the more.
"I'm sorry for the mess..."
His stomach is under his control again and he leans his back against the bathtub, face pale and eyes closed.
" I threw up on your carpet."
"No need to worry."
"I feel horrible for it."
" It's okay, love."
"We should clean it up as fast as possible."
"Gyu.", Woohyun takes a face cloth out of the drawer, wets it in the sink and softly washes away the traces on Sunggyus face. " The worst that could happen is we can't clean it up, which I don't believe will be the case. And then I just buy a new one. But I don't think there will be a new Sunggyu waiting in IKEA for me so I guess you understand where my priorities lie at the moment. Now wait for a second."
Woohyun hurries to the kitchen only to come back with a glass of water.
" Rinse your mouth out. And then let's brush your teeth and get you back into bed."
Sunggyu manages to stand on wobbly legs but Woohyun manoeuvres him onto the toilet seat, handing him his tooth brush.
"Aren't you… disgusted?" The caramel haired asks, almost spitting all of the foam on himself.
"Not really. You see. This boyfriend of yours-", Woohyun points his thumb at himself, a cheesy grin on his face. " - has the strongest stomach you can find in this area of Seoul. I'm the one looking after the drunk at parties and Hoya calls me when he has a gastric flue. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I couldn't handle this."
" I…", Sunggyus hand with the toothbrush in it sinks down until it rests on his leg. " I… you're the best. I couldn't ask for more so… thank you, Woohyun."
Woohyun wants to kick his when he feels his eyes get teary.

That guy is a real tear jerker.

 Not doing any good when he tries to act cool.
" Yah…", he coos, pulling his sitting boyfriend close so his head rests against his stomach.

" Aren't we all a bit dramatic today?"
" I want you to know. Because lately you have to worry a lot. I never meant to scare you. And… you're the only one for me so… you also don't have to worry I'll find someone better."
"Are the painkillers talking out of you?"
"No. I wanted to tell you.", Sunggyu answers, determination in his voice. " I heard what you said but I was too tired to answer."
Woohyun goes for kissing the top of his head. " I love you too, idiot."
How much, he can't tell Sunggyu with words.
"Clean up. I will put the carpet into the washing machine."
Sunggyu grimaces and Woohyun pinches his nose before he leaves to do his cleaning work and to take a look at the abandoned pancake in the frying pan. It is a burned tragedy so he unceremoniously throws it into the bin and on this occasions carries the already full bin bag to his front door. He will carry it downstairs later.
When he is ready he makes his way back to his room and peeks into the bathroom. "You ready?"
No Sunggyu.
"Gyu?"
"Living room"
He finds his boyfriend on the couch, wrapped into the thick blanket he brought from the bedroom.
"You should be in bed." Woohyuns says strictly.
Sunggyu avoids his gaze. " Sungyeol told me to rest. Not necessarily in bed."
"Are you talking back to me mister?"
"I'm bored in bed. I want to see what you're doing."
They keep their staring contest going on for a moment until Woohyun gives up with a deep sigh. He knew from the beginning he would loose.
" Be glad that  I love you."
Sunggyu smiles thankfully, watching Woohyuns figure walking back into the open kitchen where he starts his former work again.
" Do you remember our talk from this morning.", Woohyun asks while stirring the dough. " About you moving in."

Sunggyu huddles closer into his blanket. " I thought it were the painkillers."
" Nope. Totally real. And I still want you. I mean, I want you to move in. Of course only if you also want to."
" If you ask me like that then... I want to, but…"
Woohyun stops in his track over to the stove. " But?"
" But I'm worried to be a burden and I feel embarrassed. Since you said Dongwoo told you I'm struggling lately."
Woohyun only has a tired laugh left for that. " Kim Sunggyu. I'm slowly getting angry over here. Living together with you is the thing I dream of every hour at least once. You could be ing Bill Gates rich and I'd still want you to live with me.", he lifts the spatula. " I have weapon so if that is your only worry you better say yes."
He is waiting for Sunggyu to decline. He knows his boyfriends stupid ego, hidden beneath his blushes. The guy is a tough nut.
Not that Nam Woohyun is one to give up that easily.
"Okay."

The spatula falls into the sink.
" Butttt….. It would be great to live together!"
" I agreed."
"Gyuuuu…. Think once again."
" I said yes."
Woohyun pauses, his eyes widening. " What??"
Sunggyu slowly nods, a shy smile tugging on the corner of his lips. " If you really want me to I'd love to move in."
" Thank God!!"
Woohyun is clutching to him only a second later, showering his boyfriend with kisses.
" Woohyun! Stop it!" Sunggyu laughs and struggles against Woohyuns grip but the black haired just pulls him closer.

" I'm so happy, Gyu." he rocks his boyfriend from on side to the other again when the other finally stops struggling.
" We just share the rent and I can live here without feeling bad."

Woohyun coughs.
"My dad bought the apartment. So we only have to share the other expenses like electricity and water. I know…", he looks apologetically. " Rich kid is coming out again. But you can quit that second job of yours at the bar and concentrate more on your studies. The money you earn at the coffee shop will be more than enough."
Sunggyu nods slowly. " That would actually be... quiet okay.", he gives Woohyun a sweet kiss on the cheek when he sees his boyfriend still being a bit embarrassed. " You know, having money isn't a thing to feel sad about."

" I don't want you to think I'm a spoiled brat."

" I don't. I know you're working hard."

They smile at each other, Woohyun feeling a bit calmer.
" I was a bit shocked when Dongwoo told me your marks are suffering.", Woohyun pinches Sunggyus nose again, one of his favourite things to do. " Studies come first. You should know that better than me."
Sunggyu averts his gaze. " I know. It just became so hectic lately."
" I'm almost thankful you have a concussion and have to rest.", he kisses Sunggyu, avoids a kick against his shin and decides to finish dinner preparations.
" But seriously, Gyu. I don't want to see you overwork yourself again. I could see the circles under your eyes but stupid me brushed it off and didn't ask."
"Yes, mom."
Woohyun glares at him and puts another round of dough into the frying pan. " So. Besides telling me about your struggling, I got some pretty interesting things out of Dongwoo."
Suspicion growing on Sunggyus features. "And that would be?"
Woohyun chuckles. "You should see your face. What are you hiding from me, mysterious guy?"
His boyfriends thinks for a second and then shakes his head. " Nothing actually."
"Then what about  being a delinquent in school?"
"I'm going to kill him."
"So it's true?"
The pancake is ready and Woohyun puts it on top of the others.
Sunggyu crosses his arms in front of his chest, slightly pouting. " I had a bad temper… still kind of have but I can keep it under control now."
"So you really were a delinquent. I have to say that is kind of hot."
There, the blush is back and Woohyun baths in another victory.
" Come, karate kid. Dinner is ready."
"Don't say that..."
"Okay… don't turn green, hulk."
Woohyun has to bring up  all of his weapons to make Sunggyu talk to him again.



To: Dongwoo

He's moving in with me~~~~ I didn't have to go too far 

 

From: Dongwoo

^-^//^////////

 

                                    OOO


 

It is Sunday.
Sunggyu is feeling a bit better today and Woohyun once again moved him over to the couch in front of the television were they spent the day with cuddles and bad movies.
"I'm never letting you choose again." Sunggyu deadpans when the closing credits of Robocroc scroll over the screen.
" Admit that it was great."
"The terrible dialogue or the so much worse actors?"
Someone is at the door.
Woohyun nudges Sunggyu side and gets up to answer the door.
" Hey. How you're doing?"
Sunggyu huddles closer into his blanket when he hears Hoyas voice. Soon, his friend enters the room, lifting two bags of Chinese food into the air. " I brought food."
Sunggyus face breaks out into a huge smile and Hoya chuckles at the view. "Your boyfriend is easy to handle." He mentions to Woohyun that takes the bags out of his hand and brings them to the kitchen counter.
"Easier than I am. You want something to drink?"
Hoya nods, goes for Coke and takes a seat next to Sunggyu at the couch. He bends closer, taking in the stitches on his forehead.

" Damn… must have hurt."

"Kind of. But I threw up on Woohyuns carpet and that was so much worse."
"I already told you it is as good as new.", Woohyun places Hoyas coke on the table and gently ruffles through Sunggyus hair. " You need something? Painkillers?"
"I'm fine."
"Oh... aren't the both of you cute. Dongwoo would be so happy to see you. Need to tell him about it."
Sunggyu raises an eyebrow. " You sound quiet close."
"Well…. We started texting after meeting last time. And…", he takes a sip and finds something totally interesting outside the window where actually nothing can be seen. " Maybe he is coming over here in approximately five minutes."
"Oh god..." Sunggyu slumps down, slowly massaging his temples.
Woohyun looks confused. " That bad?"
"I love that guy. Really. But he's crazy without reason and when I'm sick he turns into crazy mother hen but a thousand times worse than you."
Woohyun nods in acknowledgement. "Wow. That means something."
"His craziness is kind of appealing."
"Don't tell me you're getting that close with each other?"
Hoya shrugs. " We're your best friends. And now we became… the in- laws you never wanted."
Sunggyu and Woohyun share a quick gaze, both realising hard weeks are going to come.
Sunggyu narrows his eyes. " So you really have the hots for my best friend?"
Hoya crosses his arms in front of his chest. " Would it be a problem?"
Another gaze between Woohyun and Sunggyu.
"Jesus… don't tell me you'll be one of those couples."
" I think Sunggyu wanted to say he would be fine with it." Woohyun assures and also Sunggyu nods. "It could definitely be worse."
"Hey!!!"
A knock at the door and Woohyun is back on his feet. Soon, Dongwoos voice echoes through the whole building. "Is he okay?"
"Yeah yeah. Just go through. What is that?"
" It's a durian. For Sunggyu to eat."

"Only over my dead body he's going to eat that thing."

" It's full of vitamins."

" So is an apple."

" But..."

"It looks ruminated."

"It doesn't…wait. Taste it."

" Don--- OH GOD WHATS THAT SMELL!!"
Hoya finally breaks out into the broad laughter he tried to suppress when Dongwoos excited voice turns into a pouting whine and Woohyun throws something out of his apartement door.
Sunggyu tries to keep a stoic face but he can't help but to smirk.

" You have the most evil laughter I've ever heard."

"You'll have a whole lot of fun with nurse Nam and Jang tonight."
Sunggyu breaks out into cold sweat.
Their voices come closer and soon they appear in the door frame, Dongwoo giving Woohyun a dirty look while the latter smells his fingers with disgust.

" It doesn't smell that bad."

" It does."

Dongwoo pats his back a bit too forcefully, his grin back. " I'm going to show you how to cook it one day."

" Thanks but no thanks."

" Hey Gyu, hey Hoya!", Dongwoo  settles down on the couch, his fingers already on Sunggyus face. " Did Sungyeol stitch you up?"
Sunggyu nods, subtly trying to avoid Dongwoos fingers in his wound.
" I was so worried when I woke up and saw the news. Thank God Woohyun already had texted me. But on the other hand.", he smiles knowingly and elbows his friend. " Pretty good picture I have to say."
Woohyun feels the anger well up again.
Hoya tries to mouth something over to Dongwoo, but the blonde is already lost in his own world. " I wouldn't be surprised if you will have a lot more presence in the media from now on."
Sunggyu grimaces. " It was too much from the beginning."
" Your picture is all over the internet. They love you."
Woohyuns head almost smokes.
" On my way here I overheard two girls fangirling over you."
Hoya moves a bit farer into safety. Away from Woohyun, but the latter is doing exceptionally well in not exploding.
"But…", Sunggyu blushes as usual, his voice hardly audible. " Is it… like… I mean… is it..."

" Yes?"

" Is it really that good?"

"It is all over the internet! You're hot as !"

Sunggyu thinks for a second, his gaze subtly wandering to Woohyun.

"Hyun?"

A strained smile. "Yes?"

" Apparently… I'm hot."

With that Woohyuns composure is gone. He throws his hands into the air. "What is it with this ty day ! I'm done! First the media finds out and now my boyfriend I haven't told anything different to  since the beginning!  DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO ME THE PAST MONTHS??"
Sunggyu turns his gaze away. "You're clearly biased. Of course you have to think I'm hot."
"Did you… did you just...", Woohyun looks at Hoya, wide eyed, pointing at Sunggyu. "Did you just hear that kid??"

"Yah… I'm still your hyung of two years."

"Oh god… he's becoming sassy." Woohyun moves over to the couch, forcing himself in the tiny space between Dongwoo and Sunggyu, slinging his arms around his boyfriends waist.

"Hey y--"

"Go away, Dongwoo. I need love. It was a difficult day for me.", he snuggles closer to his boyfriend. "And you, mister, better not be too happy about the articles. The content might be true but that doesn't mean you can give them more of it. And stop ing back when I do so!"
Hoya rolls his eyes, Sunggyu kisses his head with a smile and Dongwoo… well Dongwoo keeps being Dongwoo.



                                                                                                              OOO

 

 

Sunggyu moves on Wednesday the following week between classes and work at the coffee shop.
Woohyun wanted to ditch work because of it but Sunggyu managed to talk some sense into his boyfriends head. It is not like he has a lot of things and Hoya is more than enough help.
"It looks comfy." Hoya says, standing in the doorway and taking a look around.
"Comfy yes. But small. And the rent is horrendous. But you need to take what you can.", Sunggyu pulls a few plastic bags out of his backpack . " I need my clothes, my books and maybe some of the dishes."
"That's all."
"I only took over the furniture when I moved in."
He gives one of the bags to Hoya and goes through his first drawer.
" Did you bring Woohyun over once?"
"No.", Sunggyu pulls his sweaters out of the drawer and folds them once more before putting them  in the bag. " He sometimes asked to but...Have you ever been embarrassed to show something to someone?"
"Of course. After I came out of detention I was still a bit lost. Had that girlfriend that time I really loved. I couldn't bring her home. I felt too embarrassed because I only had a really run down apartment. Thank God I didn't bring here there. She wasn't really what I imagined her to be in the end."
"Well… I don't think Woohyun is different than what I imagine.", Sunggyu smiles when the thought of his boyfriend comes up. "Still I didn't feel too well when I imagined him here. You know… he is out of a rich family."
Hoya puts the full bag away and takes another one. " Woohyun doesn't care. He isn't as spoiled as others."
"I know. Still he's purer than me. Purer than us if I can say it like that."
"It might be true."
"He has a dirty mouth but…", Sunggyu nods to the wall. " Someone got killed in the other apartment once. This is a whole new calibre for him. I didn't want him close to this."
"No ?".
" I even saw the police men."
"And you didn't get scared?"
"He killed her due to relationship problems. No need to worry for me."
"Hmm…"
They pack further mostly in silence. Sometimes Hoya asks a few questions and Sunggyu, who was still a bit awkward in the beginning slowly opens up more. In the end, Hoya is quiet surprised how easy it is for Sunggyu to have a conversation. Almost as good as Woohyun, just a lot more of subtle sarcasm.
It takes them around two hours to pack everything and drive back to Woohyuns apartment.
Dongwoo calls Sunggyu on the way from the car to the building.
He tries to balance the bags in one hand while with the other he fishes his mobile out of his pocket.
"Hey."
"Moving in?"
"Hoyas helping me out."
They reach the elevator and Hoya pushes the button.
"Shouldn't you be in class?"
Jang Dongwoo, 26, computer science.
" I ditched class today. Just wanted to tell you that poll numbers for Minjoo are on the rise in the latest surveys. "
Sunggyu lifts his eyebrows in surprise. " Really?"
"Yes. Seems like your picture woke some people up."
"It's just a picture."
The elevator.
"It's a face for the party. A face many like. Of course the numbers are rising.I guess soon you'll be more in the spotlight than you have ever been before."
"Great…"
" I'll keep your identity hidden as good as possible. Need to leave now."
"Ok."
" See you."

 

 

                                                                                                               OOO


"Dongwoo… I can't do that… please let me out.", Sunggyu calls out to the person that locked him into the bedroom.
"You can do it perfectly fine on your own!"
"I need you for it…"
"You did it without me before!"
"I didn't do well…it didn't come out that well."
"Kim Sunggyu! We're only letting you out after you did the video!"
Steps and then Sunggyu is all alone in front of the camera Dongwoo installed next to the bed. He is wearing his attire, the mask he got so used to covering his face, his bangs almost in his eyes.
Oh how much he regrets telling them about his idea.

Sunggyu hasn't been on a demonstration for the past two weeks. Partly because he really needed the rest after his injuries, mostly because Woohyun wouldn't let him go. But even though he wasn't there and only one picture of him was taken the media and Minjoo party were going crazy looking for him.

Of course.

Since Dongwoos call the poll numbers only had gotten better. Not better in a crazy way but enough to have a deep impact if there had been an actual election.
The idea came up randomly while grocery shopping with Woohyun and he casually mentioned it to Dongwoo when his friend came over for a movie night once.
Of course, Dongwoo told it his new best friend Hoya and bam one day when Woohyun is out for work ( because his boyfriend can't know until it is done in their opinion) they appear in front of his door, a camera with them.

"For your country.", Dongwoo said, tears in his eyes when they force him into the bed room.
"Make us proud." Hoya said when they locked him in.
Sunggyu presses play.
"Hey there… I'm not really sure how to start this. I was… kind of locked inside this room because my friends decided it was a great idea.", he moves a bit closer to the screen, checking his mask once more. " My name is… wait… that would be contra productive. I think you might have realised by now that I'm who they call the Masked. I won't show my face or tell you about my identity out of the plain reason that I want to keep myself and my close ones safe. Therefore lets go with the Masked.
I'm not too happy with the name but I can deal with it.
So…"
He turns left and right on the office chair they gave him. Making such a videos isn't as easy as it always seems in a movie.
" I've been in the news a lot lately. I was before but now this particular picture came out and it seems like a lot of people got interested in the topic that has been quiet important to me lately. So… I'm keeping this video short but if any you want to know something than just ask in the comments and I might upload a new one."
He smiles under his mask, waving to the camera.
"That's it for today. I need to get out of this room. Until then~ bye bye."


                                                                                                               OOO

 

 

 

Hoya and Dongwoo watch the short video without so much as a comment, while Sunggyu nervously bites his nails on the bed behind.
When they finally close the camera screen, he is a nervous mess.
"How is it?"
Hoya shakes his head.
Sunggyus eyes widen. "That bad?"
"You're so ing cute in this it is disgusting."
"What…" Sunggyu asks dumbfounded when Dongwoo is already on his feet. "I need to upload this!"
"No! Wait! I don't want it! And Woohyun! We haven't asked him yet!"
"Woohyun is not here!"
"That's the point!"
Dongwoo is out of the room before Sunggyu can catch the camera and a chase through the whole apartment begins.
"Ahhhhhh! Nooo!" Dongwoo yells when Sunggyu almost gets him by the collar.
"Stop right this instant!"
Before they know it they are out of the apartment and in the hallway.  
Sunggyu tries his best to reach his friend but he has always been a super zero in sports while Dongwoo was the first one to be chosen for the team.

Or he was the one choosing.

So it is no wonder that he is already close to the door when Sunggyu fights with the last staircase.

But, today karma is on the panting hamsters side.
Dongwoos jacket gets caught at the door handle, his struggling giving Sunggyu enough time to target him and to tackle him to the ground.
"Got ya." he brings out heavily panting

" Want to tell me what this is?"
He looks up meeting Woohyuns gaze.


                                                                                                               OOO

 

 

 

Woohyun is watching the video without a comment - like Dongwoo and Hoya did before.

But with Woohyun, no comment is kind of... scary, and Sunggyu can't help but to throw worried glances at his boyfriend.
The video is only short and a pregnant silence lingers in the room when Dongwoo closes the laptop display.
Expecting gazes on Woohyun, but the black haired guy just nods slowly.

"It's… okay. Really.", he gets up from his seat at the dining table, straightening out some wrinkles on his shirt. " I need to read over some papers before dinner."
With that he leaves them and only when the door to the bedroom closes someone dares to speak. "Is that normal?" Dongwoo whispers to Hoya.
His friend shakes his head. "Not at all."

He shoves Sunggyus shoulder. " Talk to him!"
"I don't know what to say…"
"He's your boyfriend! I don't care… maybe there is a problem at work."

He agrees silently and makes his way over to the bedroom door.
Sunggyu decides knocking would be the most appropriate thing even though technically this is also his room.

Woohyun calls him in and with pouting heart he opens the door, finding Woohyun in the middle of the bed.
"Did they send you to find out what's wrong?"
"I wanted to find out."
Woohyun doesn't make any move to throw him out. So he takes a seat at the edge of the bed, like Woohyun always does.
"Is something bothering you?"
Woohyun turns sideways, his hand on Sunggyus thigh. There is a certain sadness in his eyes Sunggyu has never seen before and he just knows that now he will get to know about Woohyuns baggage in life.
" Hey… don't be like that." He tries to hug Woohyun from where he sits, a bit of a strange angle but it is working. " I don't know what you do when you don't talk. You always do."
" I just felt sad all of sudden."
"Why?"
" Did you ever realise I'm going a bit too overboard with everything?"
Sunggyu contemplates for a moment. " That's just you."
Woohyun detaches his hand from his thigh, the sudden physical barrier unfamiliar and unwelcome to Sunggyu. Instead of his hand, like he always does, Woohyun takes a pillow and hugs it tightly. " When I feel like you're slipping away I want to be the first one to go. I've always done it like that."
"I'm not slipping away though…"
Sunggyu wants to hold his boyfriends hand but something in Woohyun posture tells him not to.
" You want to talk?"
Woohyun shakes his head. " I'm sorry. Not now. I just need a bit of time by myself."
"O... okay." Sunggyu gets up from the bad, doing something he has never really done since they got together.

Closing a door behind him without Woohyun by his side.

 

 

 More about Woohyusn problem in the next chapter~

Thanks for reading ~~~