Chapter 12

Capture Love in a Snapshot
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Still Myungsoo’s POV

My head swerved in the direction of the voice and I saw a familiar face. He looked really familiar, but I just couldn’t remember where I saw him. He brought me to a room nearby and sat me down.

“I’m Tablo from Epik High.” He started by introducing himself.

Oh. So that’s why he looked so familiar.

“You… want to be a photographer?” He asked.

I nodded.

“Haven’t you thought of something else? Like… going into the entertainment industry?”

I shot up and looked at him. “Erm… not really…”

“You’re not interested? Ok, I’ll get straight to the point. The company is planning on making a boy idol group recently, and we, Epik High, are helping with it. I think you make the cut.”

I puffed my cheeks and thought about it.

“Sing something.” He said abruptly.

“Huh? I-I can’t really sing…”

“Just do it.”

So I sang a little bit of that song from Winter Sonata, since it was the first song that popped into my head.

Tablo bobbed his head up and down in contemplation while listening and then he suddenly jerked up and said, “It’ll do. Your singing is fine. We will be giving you vocal training anyway.”

I looked at him blankly.

“Are you giving me an answer or not?” He said, exasperated, and then continued in a more gentle tone, “Well, if you need time to think about it-”

“Erm… can I act too? If I join this boyband?” I said, interrupting his sentence.

After the series of acting lessons, I took a passion in acting as well. I guess I can give it more consideration if I can become an actor through this boyband thingy.

“Well, yes, probably. If you’re interested and if you have the talent, I’m sure the company can help you grab acting opportunities.”

“Hmm… can I get back to you again?”

“S-sure. I’ll give you my number, so just contact me when you make the decision okay? I hope you don’t take longer than one month though. We have to gather the selected people and start training really soon.”

With that, he gave me his number and we said our goodbyes. I left the company, forgetting my original intention of going there in the first place.

That night, in the dorm

“Hoya, are you going to be in a boyband or something?” I asked him that night while he was lying down, listening to music on his headphones.

He took off his headphones upon hearing my question and sat up straight on his bed.

“I’m not really sure. Why do you ask?”

“Erm… it’s like this…” I began telling him the whole story about how I went to Woolim to ask for vacancies for photographer positions and ended up getting an offer by Tablo.

“Well, I’m just going to say back to you what you once said. Just go for it. If you really have the passion for acting, I’m sure you won’t regret it. And there IS a possibility we may be in the same group, but I won’t put my bet on it.”

Minyoung’s POV

The next day, in the dark room of the photography room

“Minyoung-ah. Would you want me to debut in a boyband?” Myungsoo asked out of a sudden.

This boy sure asks the weirdest questions.

“Why not? As long as you don’t ignore me after that.” I said and chuckled.

“Why’re you asking anyway? Unless…” I said, my voice trailing off.

“Hmm. I got an offer to join a boyband that day when I went to Woolim to find out if there were vacancies for photographer positions.”

“Oh.” I said that I didn’t mind, but then when I really thought of him joining and the possibility of us drifting apart… I would say I didn’t really want him to.

“Erm. I haven’t decided actually. If you don’t like it, I can reject the offer.”

“Does it really matter what I think? Or what anyone else thinks? What matters is what YOU really want to do, Myungsoo.”

“I know! I know! But I want to know what you think!” He suddenly raised his voice, seemingly frustrated.

“I’m sorry, Myungsoo-ah…” I said softly.

“S-sorry, Minyoung. I really didn’t want to shout at you. I was just-”

I pulled him into a hug and said, “It’s okay. I understand.” Then, I pulled away and gave him a comforting smile.

“You know you can look for me when things are rough. I love you no matter what happens, Myungsoo. I just hope you know that.”

Myungsoo’s POV

She pulled away and gave me a smile that seemed to brighten the dark room. Even in the dark, I could see the gentleness in her eyes.

“I love you no matter what happens, Myungsoo. I just hope you know that.”

I love you

I love you

I love you

Those 3 words kept repeating themselves in my head involuntarily. I know, Minyoung, I know! But why can’t you love me in that way? WHY must you do this to me?

After saying her piece, she left the room quietly, leaving me alone in the room. Dazed and confused me. Frustrated and dejected me.

I knew she was only trying to make me feel better, but her words only made me feel worse. I thought I could let go of it and just be a best friend to her, but then I realized I was just being naïve. My feelings for her won’t go just like that, even if I wanted them to.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. Everything takes time. Everything takes time. If I waited long enough, surely things will fall into place. Surely it will…

Minyoung’s POV

I can’t stop him from pursuing it if that’s his dream. Sitting down at my study table in the dorm, my eyes flitted over to a piece of newspaper cutting I cut out a few months ago. It was an advertisement about the Brooks Institute, an arts college in New York, renowned for its photography courses. I picked it up and stared at it for a few moments.

Should I

Please log in to read the full chapter