Chapter 10

Capture Love in a Snapshot
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Still Minyoung’s POV

“-but it won’t be for long.” The doctor continued saying and I heaved a sigh of relief. However, I was still unable to calm down my unstable emotions, so I decided to stay by his side until he wakes up. It took a long time of persuasion on my part though, before Sungyeol oppa agreed to let me stay in the hospital, with his supervision of course. He sat on the benches at the side while I sat by the bedside.

Despite my efforts to remain awake, drowsiness weighed down on my eyelids and soon I fell asleep by his bedside. In the middle of my sleep, I felt a soft nudge on my shoulder. “Oppa?” I muttered as I stirred awake, “What is it?”

When I opened my eyes however, I saw that it wasn’t Sungyeol oppa.

“Hoya? What’re you doing here?”

“Shh.” He put a finger on his lips, and then moved closer to my ear.

“Go home and sleep, I’ll take over and inform you when he wakes up.” He whispered gently at my ear.

Hoya’s POV

She shook her head in response and said softly, “No, I want to watch over him personally and tell him ‘I’m sorry’ when he wakes up.” Then, she held his hand and glanced at him with a look that spells more than just worry or sympathy.

You’re too obvious, Lee Minyoung, too obvious.

“Let me stay with you then.” I said.

“No, it’s okay Hoya. I shouldn’t get you involved in this.”

“What’re you talking about? Myungsoo’s my friend too.”

Why can’t you just let me take care of you Minyoung? I never wanted anything more than that.

She looked at me thoughtfully for a few seconds and then nodded her head.

Minyoung’s POV

What was that I saw in his eyes? Hurt? But why?

By the time I stopped thinking and turned towards him, he had carried a chair over and sat down beside me. We made small talk for awhile but then agreed that we should sleep.

“Let’s take turns.” He suggested. “You sleep first, while I keep watch. After two hours I’ll wake you up and then it’s my turn to sleep.”

I nodded and then put my head down and fell asleep quickly.

Hoya’s POV

Okay, I lied. I wasn’t intending to wake her up at all. She ought to get a good sleep after all that she’d gone through earlier, in the forest and all the way to the hospital. Besides, I liked looking at her peaceful expression when she sleeps. I’d give anything to keep her life peaceful. It’s the least I could do if I couldn’t be the one to make her happy.

Minyoung’s POV

“Minyoung… Minyoung…” I heard someone calling and felt a persistent tug at my sleeve.

“Aish, what is it?” I brushed the hand away and grumbled.

“Myungsoo has woken up.”

At the mention of Myungsoo’s name, I shot up. “Really?”

Hoya gestured towards the bed and I turned to see that Myungsoo was awake, albeit groggy.

“Myungsoo! Do you remember who I am?!”

He looked at me sleepily and blinked.

“Omo you haven’t lost your memory have you?!”

“M-minyoung? What happened?” He said weakly as he pushed himself to sit upright on the bed. Then he turned towards Hoya and said, “Oh Hoya you’re here too.” Hoya just nodded lightly and smiled.

“Oh! Minyoung, are you alright?” He suddenly asked me.

“Silly boy, I’m the one who should be asking you that. You passed out from fatigue last night, do you know?”

“I did?” He said while massaging his temples and frowning. “Then who rescued us?”

“Sungyeol oppa arrived just in time.”

Sungyeol’s POV

I heard a lot of exclaiming followed by chatting. Slowly I opened my eyes and saw the white ceiling. “Where am I?” I wondered for a moment and then remembered what happened last night. I looked over and saw that Myungsoo had woken up.

Then, I looked down at my watch and exclaimed. “Omo we’re late for school!!”

“Let’s just skip it, oppa…” Minyoung began saying.

“Do you want to get demerit points?! Myungsoo can skip it but you… you two can’t!” I said halfway and then realized that Hoya was also around.

Even after my screaming and freaking out, the two still sat there and looked at me like nothing happened. Frustrated, I grabbed hold of both their hands and pulled them out of the ward after saying to Myungsoo, “Get well soon! For the time being, I’ll have to take them away from you.”

We stood at the lift lobby and waited for the lift to come up as Minyoung gave me a sulky look. “School’s not all that important oppa. Doesn’t matter if I have a few demerit points. I’ve been good anyway.” She said nonchalantly.

Just as I was about to chide her, the lift door opened, revealing Woohyun who was huffing and panting away. “Why’re YOU here too?!” I almost shrieked.

“Hoya told me Myungsoo had woken up so…”

“Yeah yeah he’s fine now. Why don’t all of you understand the importance of attending school? Do you want to end up in the principal’s office?!”

“Why’re you so paranoid oppa? Skipping school for one day won’t hurt.” Minyoung retorted. That girl. I must have been too nice to her. More discipline is necessary.

We ended up squeezing in a taxi to go to school, Minyoung and I bickering all the way, Hoya dozing off and Woohyun looking on quietly.

The next day, Myungsoo and Hoya’s class

Myungsoo’s POV

A new face walked into the class. Whoa, we didn’t change teachers while I was away for just one day right? I nudged Hoya and asked, “Who’s she?” He just shrugged in response.

“Ahem. Class, I am Ms Yoon. Your English classes shall be replaced with drama classes for the next one month to improve your expressive skills and improvisation skills. The school is also willing to allow our company to pick out talented students for grooming.” The new teacher explained.

Everyone in class began chattering about how they weren’t informed and whether it’d be fun or not.

Hoya and I just gave each other a curious look.

“Ahem! Quiet down please. Now, leave your bags in the c

Please log in to read the full chapter