A Step Towards You~

Once in a lifetime!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yahh! Yook Sungjae, what's wrong with you today? You keep making mistakes." shouted Changsub from the other side of the room. This is already their fifth attempt at practicing for their upcoming events. "You are distracted, Sungjae-ah! Are you too tired because of your overlapping schedules?" said Eunkwang. He's worried about their youngest because he knows how busy he is these days.

"I'm just confused because Hyunsik hyung is not here. It's hard to get the timing correctly. Where is he though? Shouldn't he be here for practice?" he said sighing deeply with frustration. Everyone can feel the tension coming from their youngest that no one dared to say anything. "Let's take a rest for now, everyone." Minhyuk suggested, an attempt to break the tension, as he handed a water bottle to Sungjae who immediately drunk it in one shot.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I think I'm not feeling well today. I'll just go to the washroom for a while to refresh myself." Sungjae said and left the room.

His hyungs can only follow him with looks of sympathy while shaking their heads. "That kid is weird." said Il hoon. "I mean, it's really obvious that he's acting that way because of Joy and Hyunsik. What's taking him too long to admit it?" he continued sounding annoyed. "Maybe because he didn't really expect that he'll fall in love with her. So, he's trying his best to push his actual feelings behind. After all, he kept on insisting that she's just like a sister to him. You know how much he loves acting cool and manly. He's still young too and he doesn't have that much experience about this kind of things." Minhyuk said with a smile. "Don't defend him. He's just stupid." Peniel decided to in to the conversation.

"Maybe I need to talk to Hyunsik about toning down his actions before he and Sungjae end up hitting and hating each other." said Eunkwang seriously. "Hyung, you know Hyunsik, though. He won't back down no matter what, especially when he's mind is set onto achieving his goal." said Minhyuk in the same serious tone that the leader used. "Let them fight until the end. That's how real men deal with things!" Changsub said as he lifted his fist. "Yahhh! Lee Changsub!" shouted both Eunkwang and Minhyuk. "WHAT? I was just saying that they both need to deal with it like grown up men." he said while making a face at them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is wrong with you, Yook Sungjae? Why are you behaving like a brokenhearted teenager just because she called you sunbaenim? You are after all her sunbae. He's looking at his reflection on the mirror in front of him. He's trying to find answers to his questions. He decided to wash his face to get rid of his unnecessary thoughts and to refresh his mind as well. He saw Hyunsik enter the washroom as he lifted his head. "Ohh. You're here, Sungjae-yah. How's practice?" he asked casually. He can't help but feel irritated as his hyung nonchalantly talk about practice.

"It's good. It would have been better if you were actually there so that we can check the timing and formations." he said in an irritated voice which he was unable to hide any longer. He just keeps feeling annoyed whenever he sees his Hyunsik hyung these days. "Where have you been all this time? I thought you'll meet us up for practice? Or did you drop us just to be with your girlfriend?" he said in a sarcastic tone.

Hyunsik can only sigh deeply as he tried his best to suppress the grin that's about to come out. You are too obvious right now, Sungjae-ah. "Well, I asked manager hyung if I can skip today's practice because as you've said my FEMALE FRIENDS are here." he was trying his best not to burst out laughing. "So, you are choosing her over your own group?" he asked with a slight hint of anger and disappoinment in his voice. "What are you talking about, Yook Sungjae? I will never drop our group for any woman. No matter how special they are to me. But right now, this person needs me the most because some stupid, self-centered brat can't see how special she is." he said firmly as he look at the younger boy straight in the eyes as if trying to pry into his very soul. 

He couldn't stand the intensity of his hyungs eyes that he decided to shift his lign of vision. He knows Hyunsik so well to the point that he knows when the older guy is being sincere. He realized how harshly he reacted and talked to him and he felt ashamed of himself. "I'm sorry hyung. I'm just...I don't know what's happening to me anymore." he said in a soft voice. He closed his eyes and leaned against the washroom mirror. "Maybe I'm way too tired that's why I feel irritable these past few days." he continued. He felt his hyung's hand on his shoulder as if trying to give him strength. "It's okay, Sungjae-ah. I understand. Maybe you need to take a short break before you go back to the practice room. Why don't you take a walk outside for a while? I think the rooftop garden will help calm your nerves. I'll go and tell our leader that you'll rest for a while." He felt that he didn't have enough energy to say anything so he just nodded. "Go now!" his hyung pushed him out of the room. 

I hope you'll be man enough to actually talk to her and find out how you trully feel, Sungjae-ah! That's the only way for you to both stop hurting and suffering. Hyunsik thought as he watched Sungjae walk towards the elevator.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sooyoung-ah, you don't look good right now. Are you okay?" asked Wendy worriedly. The Red Velvet girls are all gathered around a pale-looking Joy who just stopped crying. They been trying to record Hyunsik's song for more than an hour now but they couldn't even reach the chorus part because Joy gets way too emotional every time she starts singing. After several failed attempts at recording the song, Hyunsik told them to take a rest for a while to calm Joy down. He left the room after that to check on his group members. 

"If you can't really sing this song, we don't have to. Hyunsik will understand." Irene said, holding Joy's hand. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter