When Stars Collide~

Once in a lifetime!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's still early in the morning but the Red Velvet dorm is already in a state of chaos. Their manager arrived early to pick them up but Seulgi is still in dream world and they're running out of time. She went inside the bedroom to wake Seulgi up. She probably stayed up late again. I should really ban the use of cellphones before a performance. She mumbles to herself.

Yeri and Wendy are fighting over the shower room while Irene prepares a cup of coffee for everyone. She was just smiling as the two girls continue their argument as to who should use the shower first. "Unnie, you have to give in to the youngest." said Yeri as she pulls Wendy out of the shower room.

"You brat! Where did you get that idea, huh? There's no way I'll give in to you." replied Wendy. She's afraid that she won't have enough time to take a shower if she let Yeri go. There's no way I'm leaving this apartment without taking a shower. The thought of it sends shivers to her entire body. She held tighter to the door frame. "Wendy-ah! Yeri-ah! Isn't it time to stop this already? You both won't have enough time to shower if you continue this." said Irene in her soft voice. "Fine! Let's do rock, paper, scissors Unnie." shouted Yeri.

"Rock, Paper, Scissors, go!" they shouted together. Wendy let out a paper while Yeri used scissors. "Yes!" the younger girl exclaimed with utmost happiness as she closed the door to the shower room. "Yahhhh! Kim Ye-rim! Hurry up or you'll regret it if I don't get to take a shower today!" shouted Wendy from the outside but Yeri only laughed. "This girl, seriously!" She said as she sat on the sofa next to Irene. She took the cup of coffee that their elder member handed her. "Is Seulgi still sleeping, Unnie?" 

"Yeah. Manager-unnie went in to wake her up." said Irene followed by a deep sigh, her eyes fixed on something, or rather someone, outside the balcony. Curious, Wendy followed her line of vision and there she saw Joy. She seems to be looking at something from a distance. There's nothing in her eyes but sadness. "How long has she been out there?" Wendy asked. "I'm not really sure. I checked her room earlier but she wasn't there. So, I looked around and found her there. I wanted to approach her but I think she needs some time alone." said Irene, worry and concern are both evident in her tone. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this day has finally arrived, hasn't it? Joy smiled bitterly as she look at the vast array of buildings in front of her. They'll be performing at the Dream Concert later today. She's not really worried about performing in front of thousands of people. She's used to that. She has been trained for years to perform in front of an audience and she's pretty sure she won't mess up on both the lyrics and the dance that she has practiced again and again until her entire body hurts. That's not what she's worried about. I can't really avoid you anymore, Oppa, can I? The day has come for us to meet again. You will never know what I've been through these past few days. I'll pretend that everything's okay. That none of those things mattered to me. I'll be like you, Oppa. She's full of determination today. She promised herself that she won't cry again. 

She took out the letter that she wrote for him last night. She slowly opened the envelope and re-read the words that she scribbled on that small piece of paper.

Sungjae-Oppa,

I'm not really sure if you'd ever get to read this letter. I just want to pour my heart out. Remember how you always tell me that words are not needed and that you'd understand what's on my mind anyway? I'd have to disagree Oppa. Words are needed so that we can express what's on our hearts. So, let me use some feeble words to express how I feel for you.

I'd like to thank you for making my heart beat faster than normal. Thank you for taking me out on my first real movie date (although it was for the program, I was happy because I was with you). Thank you for holding my hand as we walk around town; that was my first time too. Thank you for talking to me at the wee hours of the night, for giving me worthy conversations, for simply making me smile. But I know from the start that it won't last for a long time. After all, it was all for the show, wasn't it? At least for you. We aren't meant to be in the end, I guess. I know that you're in love with her. Remember how you talk about her every time? Ohh! How I wish I was her for a day so that I can feel your undivided love and affection. We can never happen now but I'll pray that you'll be happy with her. As for me, I'd look up at the sky and think about what could've been; what I lost; what I'll never find ever again. For the first and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter