Butterflies~

Once in a lifetime!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae closed the door behind him and sat on top of his bed, fist still clenched. He doesn't know why he's feeling strange at the thought of Hyunsik and Joy spending a long time together. Im Hyunsik! Seriously, what are you doing? Are you really planning to date her for real? He wanted to shout but he's afraid that he'll disturb every single soul in their building. He sighed roughly in an attempt to release the tension that's building up within him. He was surprised at the level of irritation he felt when he saw his hyung smile and talk about his dinner with Joy. Did they hold hands? Did he give her a kiss? Are they officially dating now? He felt as if a needle pricked his heart as he feel a hint of jealousy rising from within him.

Wait, what? Jealous? Me? Hold it, Yook Sungjae. Why will you be jealous? You can't be jealous. They can date for as long as they want. She is just a friend. Just a friend. Okay? The word 'friend' left a bitter taste to his mouth though. He run his fingers through his hair and sighed even deeper this time. Just go to bed, Sungjae. You are just overthinking. Maybe you are jealous because Hyunsik is dating and you are not. Yes, that's what it is. You can't be jealous because of her. She is nothing but a friend. He kept on repeating the same thought like a sort of encantation to lure himself to sleep. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning, Unnies. Good morning, Yeri!" Joy said with a smile. She looks a lot brighter today than she was yesterday. Her eyes still have hints of sadness in them but they can feel that her smile is genuine. They all smiled in relief. They hope that she'd continue to recover fully so that their bubbly Joy can come back to them soon. They miss her a lot.

"Ohh. You look happy today, Sooyoung-ah.What's up?" asked Wendy as she eats her toast.

"Nothing special, Unnie. I probably had a good sleep. Isn't it a beautiful day to go biking around the Han River? What do you all think?" she said, her eyes sparkling. "That sounds nice. But we have to ask either manager unnie or oppa if we can go." Irene said as she puts food onto Joy's plate. "I want to go too, Unnie." Yeri chimed in. She's happy that her Joy unnie wants to do something active now instead of just staying in her room. She wants to support and cheer her up no matter what. "Me, too" shouted Wendy and Seulgi at the same time. Irene can only sigh since she can't really make a decision about this matter, because even if she's the leader, the company has the final say in everything. However, deep in her heart, she really wants to go if it'll help cheer Joy up. "I'll see what I can do." she said with a smile.

The breakfast continued amidst laughter and teasing. Irene looked at Wendy and Seulgi with a relieved smile. It's been a while since they had this kind of bonding moment. After a while, their manager arrived holding their schedule for that week. She asked the girls to sit down as she read their group and individual activities. "That's it for this week. You have today as your free day so you can do whatever you like. Just don't go over board, we don't want any issues or whatsoever." then she looked at Joy. "We received a drama offer for you. The company is still reviewing the contents, the role you will play as well as the rest of the cast. I'll talk to you about it again next time." she said as she stood up. 

"Unnie, can we go to the Han River today since it's our free day anyway? The kids want to ride bikes around the river." Irene asked, looking straight at the manager as if pleading her to let them go. The manager considered the request for a minute or two before she nodded and left. The girls shouted in glee as the door closed. 

"Alright! What time should we go?" Joy asked brightly with her signature toothy smile.

"How about later in the afternoon? It's still too hot outside and I don't want to get a sunburn or something." said Irene, frowning as she looks outside.

"Sounds great. But what are we going to do now? We can't just go back to sleep and wait until the sun sets." asked Seulgi.

"How about watching horror movies? I bet that'll be fun." suggested Wendy. "Movies! Sounds amazing. Let's make some popcorns too." agreed Yeri. They were in the middle of choosing what movie to watch when they heard Joy's phone ringing. The younger girl looked at her phone and answered it with a smile.

"Oppa! You called. What's up?" she greeted the person on the other line. She paused for a while as she listened to him. "You mean today? I see. I'll ask them about it then I'll send you a message. Yeah. Thank you, Oppa. Bye~" she said and ended the call.

"Who was that?" Seulgi asked, curiousity written all over her face. "Hyunsik Oppa. Remember, he asked me to sing one of his songs? He asked if we can go to his studio today." Joy answered with a smile. That Oppa was serious after all. I thought he was just trying to make me feel better.

"By studio, you mean, the one inside Cube Entertainment, right?" clarified Irene. Joy nodded in confirmation. "I'm not sure if we can do that, Sooyoung-ah. The company might now allow us. They have boy groups there and people might misunderstand." she said looking worried. "Don't worry Unnie. I'll call our manager." Wendy said confidently as she dialled their manager's number and walk away. After a few minutes, she returned to the living room with a smile. "I guess, our movie marathon will be pushed to next time. Let's all get dressed and go to Cube." she announced, her eyes sparkling with glee.

"Seriously?" the other members chorused loudly. Their eyes were wide opened, as if doubting Wendy's words. "Are we joining a choir? Lol! Yes, I'm serious. The manager Unnie will send you her approval Irene-Unnie." she hasn't even finished her sentence when Irene received the said confirmation message from the manager. "It's been settled then. Let's get dressed and conquer Cube." said Yeri excitedly. They were about to move to their respective rooms and get changed when they saw Seulgi motioned to them to look at Joy who was still sitting in the couch, as if in a trance, her smile gone. They can see different emotions flashing through her eyes-- from longing, to fear, to sadness. Irene kneeled down in front of her and took her hand.

"Sooyoung-ah, do you really want to do this? We don't have to go if you don't want to. Wendy can call Hyunsik and explain to him the situation." the leader said in her sweet voice. Park Sooyoung, until when are you going to run away? You are both singers so you'll see each other on the stage as you perform. Are you going to keep on hiding? Or are you going to face him head on? You can do this girl.

It took her a while to respond. "Yes, Unnie. My life shouldn't stop just because of him. Besides, I'll go there for work and not for anything else." the younger girl said firmly with a smile. She stood up, looked at the other girls before she happily said, "Let's go and get dressed." After an hour, they were all ready to go. Joy sent a message to Hyunsik.

Oppa, we'll be there in a little while. --Joy

That's great. See you here. Tell your manager to drive carefully. --Hyunsik

I hope he's not there today. Joy prayed earnestly as they made their way to Cube.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungjae looked like death when he woke up the next morning. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't sleep. He had a lot of things in his mind and his heart is also playing games with him. He was able to sleep at around 4:30 in the morning but thanks to Eunkwang's loud nagging followed by Il hoon's laugther, he woke up three hours after. Seo Eunkwang! Jung Ilhoon! I want to wring your necks right now!

"Yahh! Maknae, what happened to you? You look really ugly right now." joked Il hoon who sat across from him. "Sungjae looks ugly? Then, I'll be the visual of this group." said Eunkwang laughing. "Hyung, seriously, you are the last on the list when it comes to visuals so you can't replace Sungjae. It should be me." Changsub joined in. "Wow! Look who's talking?" retaliated Eunkwang as Changsub look at him with his tongue out.

"Did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter