Separate Ways~

Once in a lifetime!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The members of Red Velvet has returned to their waiting room after the final stage of the Dream Concert. Their staff had already packed most of their things so all they have to do was change from their stage costumes to their normal clothes then they can go home. Joy went in to change first and quickly sat back on the sofa afterwards. She feels drained right now-- physically and emotionally. She just doesn't want to do anything at this point except go home and sleep. She's hoping that the pain she's feeling will disappear when she wakes up the next day, like everything was just a nightmare. I miss my room. She suddenly felt her phone vibrating next to her.

Joy-ah! How are you? Can you still meet me up? If you're tired, we can just meet up some other day. :) --Hyunsik 

 Ahhh! Oppa, I'm so sorry! I totally forgot about it. I can meet you up. I'm still waiting for my Unnies to finish anyway. --Joy

That's great! I'll come pick you up~ --Hyunsik

Okay, Oppa! I'll wait for you. :) --Joy

Joy stood up and look at herself in the mirror. That Oppa won't know I've been crying right? She decided to retouch her make up just to make sure she doesn't look wasted. After a few minutes, she heard a knock on the door followed by Hyunsik's smiling face. "Hello, Joy! Shall we go? I already told your manager that I'll take you walking for a few minutes." 

"Thanks Oppa. Let's go~" Joy said with a smile. She followed Hyunsik out of the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BTOB waiting room is as chaotic as usual with Il hoon pranking Eunkwang who retaliated by throwing a pillow aimed at his direction. If it was a different day, Sungjae would have released his prankster side and just join in the chaos but today, he just sat in a corner and watch his hyungs crazy antics. His mind is in a total blur after that conversation with Sohyun. He has always thought that he's in love with her. He loves how she smiles and her kind personality. Only a few months ago, he was already sure she's the one. So why can't I feel any pain at all? He frowned as he hold his aching head.

"Yahh! Yook Sungjae, are you okay?" he heard his Changsub hyung ask. The older guy stopped playing around with the rest and sat down next to him. "I'm okay, hyung." he forced a smile as he answer. He heard the older male sighed deeply. "Don't lie to me Sungjae. We've known each other for years. I saw how you frowned earlier. So tell me, what's wrong?" He is not his usual playful self; he can sense sincerity and concern in Changsub's voice. He knows that he can depend on his hyung at times when his mind is in a turmoil so he decided to open up. Maybe, just maybe, he can help him understand everything.

"Hyung, remember how these past few months I always say that I'm in love with Sohyun?" he started in a low voice. Changsub only nodded and urged him to continue. "I've been wanting to confess to her for a long time but I couldn't because of that variety show I was on." he smiled bitterly.

"So, when she invited me out to dinner last time, I told myself that it was the right time to tell her how I feel. I was ready hyung. But when I arrived at the restaurant, I was shocked. Instead of a sweet confession, all I did was congratulate her as she presented her boyfriend. I was so disappointed hyung. If only I didn't take that show, I could've probably confessed to her and I'd probably be that boyfriend." Sungjae almost choked up because of too much frustration and regret. Changsub didn't say anything but he gave the younger guy a pat on the shoulder to encourage him.

"Earlier today, I met her. I finally decided to confess to her since there's really nothing to lose. She rejected me, as expected. You all told me before that when that happens, I'll feel a terrible sense of pain. But hyung, I can't feel any at all. What's wrong with me?" he was almost on the verge of crying. He can't understand himself, his feelings, so he's totally frustrated. He wanted to hit his head on the wall or something.

Changsub sighed deeply before he opened his mouth to talk. "Sungjae-ah, be honest with me. Do you really regret being on that show? I know that we've asked you this tons of times, mostly as a joke, but do you really not feel anything for Joy? Not even a tiny bit?" It took the younger guy a few seconds to answer his hyung's question. "Hyung, what does this have to do with Sohyun and me not feeling any pain from my broken heart?" he asked, puzzled. 

"Because I think, you aren't broken hearted because of Sohyun, Yook Sungjae. You are frustrated because you weren't able to satisfy your ego. It's pride Sungjae-ah. You thought you can have her but you didn't. You made yourself believe that you will end up with her, you created an ideal scenario. You can't understand how you feel because there's something else, or should I say someone else, in your heart but you are trying your best to ignore it." He said without pausing to breathe."I don't understand what you're saying right now, hyung." the younger guy said looking more confused than he was earlier. "Ahh! You are indeed young." Changsub chuckled as he stands up.

"Then don't think. Don't try to understand. Learn to listen, Yook Sungjae. Besides, thinking doesn't really suit you. I just hope it won't be too late before you learn to listen to your own heart, though. Let's go! Manager hyung is calling us now." he said as he walk away. Aishhh! Why did I talk to that hyung? He doesn't make sense as usual. I should talk to Hyunsik hyung. He's the only one that's normal in this group. He thought to himself as he followed his hyung.

His eyes started wandering around the room and tried to find Hyunsik. He couldn't see the only hyung that he can talk to seriously. Maybe he went out first. He immediately went out of the room and went straight to their waiting van. No sign of Hyunsik. Where is that guy?

The rest of the members have caught up with him and started to get on to the van. As Eunkwang was about to get on, Sungjae stopped him by the arm. "H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter