A Closer Look~

Once in a lifetime!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy woke up earlier than usual. She felt a certain type of emptiness within her heart the moment she opened her eyes. She looked at the sleeping Yeri and smiled sadly. She suddenly remembered waking up next to that guy back in Hainan. I wonder if he's awake now. Is he also thinking about me? She shook her head. I don't think so. Why would he even? She smiled bitterly. Sooyoung-ah. Don't think about him anymore. You promised you won't ever think of him again. She decided to leave the room and prepare some breakfast for her members. She had the longest sleep she's ever had since debut but she still feels tired. Physically. Emotionally. Mentally.

What should I cook? Should I prepare kimchi fried-- 

She stopped short of her tracks. Tears started to form in the corner of her eyes but she tried her best to stop them from falling. No more tears, Park Sooyoung. She ended up preparing toast and bacon. She also peeled some fruits and brewed some coffee for everyone. She was already setting up the table when her group members showed up. They were surprised to see her up so early because it rarely happens. She even prepared breakfast, on top of that.

"What's the occasion, Sooyoung-ah?" Irene asked when she recovered from the shock.

"Huh? Nothing, Unnie. I just wanted to prepare something good for my beloved members. What are you all staring at? Sit down and eat before the food gets cold." she said smiling at them sweetly. Hoping against hope that they won't notice the loneliness in her eyes. However, they all saw that sadness behind her smiles no matter how much she hides it. The four Red Velvet members looked at each other and nodded as if forming a secret agreement while Joy was busy preparing the coffee. They all decided to help her deal with her pain. 

"Well then, let's all dig in!" shouted Wendy enthusiastically. The five girls enjoyed their breakfast which was filled with laughter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungjae was sitting on his bed, lost in his own thoughts. His eyes were puffy from crying the night before. Yesterday's realization hit him hard that he didn't want to do anything that day. Not even go to work. Or talk to anyone at all. He just want to stay in his room. The moment he realized how much she meant to him and how stupid he was for not realizing it sooner, he just wanted to hit himself or slam his head on a wall or something. 

"Maknae! Maknae!" he can hear his Eunkwang hyung calling him from the outside but he didn't have the energy to even respond. Is she thinking of me? Does she love me as much as I love her? His thoughts were cut short when he felt his Eunkwang hyung's hand on her shoulder. "Yook Sungjae! I've been calling you for a long time and you weren't responding. I thought you were dead or something." Eunkwang tried to joke around when he saw how gloomy their youngest look.

"I wish I was, Hyung! I was stupid to have caused her too much pain this past few days." he said seriously, his tears started to fall again. "Yahh! Maknae, what are you saying right now? It's not as if it's the end of the world." Eunkwang said seriously as well.

"Yook Sungjae, you are being too overly dramatic. Do you want to win an acting award this year?" Changsub said as he entered the room. "Is that a line from your new drama? I didn't know you are doing another one." said Minhyuk who was behind Changsub.

Sungjae looked at them sharply. "Seriously Hyungs, can you stop joking around? I'm having a hard time here, you know? My heartt is aching and instead of consoling me, you are all acting as if I'm a whining brat." he said, pouting. He wiped his tears immediately. He doesn't want them to see this side of him.

"Then stop whining early in the morning." Hyunsik said seriously, he was leaning on the door frame with arms crossed. "I'm not whining hyung!" the maknae shouted. "Then, what do you think you are doing at the moment, Yook Sungjae?" said Ilhoon with a grin. No one noticed him enter the room. Sungjae threw a pillow at him.

"What you can do right now is stand up, get dressed, and sort this mess you've started." Hyunsik continued. "Stop wallowing in here like a lovesick teenager, Yook Sungjae. Real men face things head on. Prove her that you deserve her." he finished, looking at Sungjae straight in the eyes which he returned with an equally intense stare as if they were having a staring battle. The rest of the members can feel the tension between the two guys.

"Hey, everyone! Are we not eating yet? I'm hungry. Manager's also here now." Peniel shouted from the outside. His words made everyone laugh. "Let's go and eat!" said Ilhoon before leaving the room. The rest of the members followed him. Eunkwang waited until all of them were out before he stood up and tap the younger guy's hand. "Man up, Yook Sungjae! She can't wait for you forever. Take her before someone else does." he smiled at him and left.

No one else will take her away from me. I'll show you what the manly Yook Sungjae can do. He stood up looking determined. He has made up his mind. He will claim what is rightfully his.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both BTOB and Red Velvet had to go to KBS that day to record different shows. Sungjae was excited and nervous at the same time. He wanted to see Joy so badly since early that morning. He just doesn't know exactly how he can go and meet her without making it look weird. He's worried about the reaction he'll get once his fans find out about it. He has to be honest. He loves Joy a lot that he's willing to do anything just to have her but he knows that he can't overdo it as it might create a negative impact for both of them. He just can't ignore the fact that his group just started to gain recognition and her group is still considered a rookie. He didn't want to be the reason for both groups to suffer.

He was in the middle of deep thoughts that he didn't notice Hyunsik sat next to him. "Thinking about leaving this waiting room and going out to meet her, are we Yook Sungjae?" he teased the maknae. Hyunsik's voice jolted him out of his own world. "Ahhhh! Hyung! You surprised me." he started to whine again. Hyunsik chuckled. "So, am I right?" he looked at the maknae, eyes sparkling with mischief. "Yes, I am. I just don't know how." Sungjae closed his eyes as he massaged his temples.

"Wow! You have such a big problem, Sungjae-ah!" Hyunsik tried to control his laughter. "Just open the door and go. Red Velvet's waiting room is on the fifth room from the left." He stood up with a smile.

"What? How did you even know what room number they're using?" Sungjae's eyes were wide opened in shock.

"Connections, Sungjae-ah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter