Chapter Two

Dangerous Idol's

         It was the middle of dinner and I never felt so full. There has been dozens of fans coming and trying to take pictures and get autographs but they were carried away by security. I guess spreads fast because right when we sat down for dinner, my phone was blowing up, from texts to my social medias. I got thousands of more followers and I got messages from girls that I barely talk to anymore. 

         I was seated between Nam Joon and V who wouldn't stop showing me his aegyo. Dinner with them is crazy but in a good way. They knew when to crack a really good joke and when to be sane. Which I notice is extremely rare. I tried to avoid eye contact with JungKook but it was hard since he was sitting directly across from me. 

        My phone went off again for the hundreth time and I glanced down to see that it was from Nam Joon's old friend back home that he hasn't talked to since he left. His name was Hunter and those two were attached to the hip ever since he saved Nam Joon from being bullied and beat up by the older boys. He texted me and asked if I could tell Na Joon to talk to him. I leaned over and poked Nam Joon on the side. "Oppa, why haven't you talked to Hunter recently?"

​        "Well, if you haven't noticed Jessica, I'm a very busy person. If I wanted to spend my life talking to people I would've became a social worker. And why do you even talk to him anyway? You hated him, you never liked the fact he played girls, unless your one of his s." I just stared at Nam Joon. He has never once in his whole life ever talked to me like that, I felt tears well up in my eyes and I grabbed my bag and stood up. Everyone was staring at me and had clearly heard what just happened. "Well thanks for the dinner but I have a lot of unpacking nad settling to do. I'll be leaving first." As I walked away, I felt a hand grab me by the arm.

​        I turned around to see that it was V. "I'm done eating also. Lets go get some coffee!" He gave me his little smile and grabbed my hand and he dragged me out. Once we were outside he put his mask and hat on and he motioned for me to put mines on. As we made our way down the now quiet street, V pointed to the little cafe and opened the door for me. We ordered our drinks and sat down. V looked at me and I thought he wsa going to ask about what just ahppened but he said, "So, tell me how America is like?" 

        "America is beautiful, I mean so is South Korea and all but I miss home. I miss my friends and my life. I'm actually glad that I met you guys. You're all amazing." V smiled as I said this and the barista came and placed our drinks down. She looked at V and her eyes widened and then she smiled and placed his drink down very carefully and gently in front of him. "Omo Oppa! I am such a huge fan, when your finished can I get a picture!" V smiled and nodded and she squealed.

​         When she looked at me she slammed it in front of me, sending my drink splattering and then she glared at me. She went"to walk away but I grabbed her wrist and yanked her back. "Who the do you think you are? I'm having a crappy day already as it is so this is what's gonna happen, your cleaning that up and I'm going to your manager and reporting you for discriminating a customer for no god damn reason," I looked around and noticed camera pointing to couner and the door and by the window on the other side and where we were, I looked at her and pointed to the camera by us, "shall I go to your manager and tell him to look at the footage because I now have proof of this little stunt you did."

​        I got up and V followed suit. I headed to the counter and waited for another worker to come. The barista walked up to me and looked down at the floor and apologized. I rolled my eyes and began to walk out when I heard V say, "And to think I was going to take a picture with you, she's my friend and you should've been nice. I hope if we ever meet again, you learn to be more respectful." With that he walked towards me and smiled, I looked back at the girl who was on the verge of crying and looked back at V and said as we walked out, "You know this is going to be all over and your going to get in trouble for doing that to a fan?"

​        He shrugged a shoulder and offered me his drink. I took a sip and gave it back to him. V called a cab to pick us up and take us to my condo. As we waited for a cab V got a call from his PD. I could practically hear him shouting at V for that stunt he did but V took a stand and sadi he did nothing wrong and that he was defending a friend for something she didn't do but hid Pd let him go because all the articles nad headlines about what happened made V look like the hero nad the girl like a really bad person so it was all good.

​        As the cab came, it took exactly thirty-four minutes to get to my condo. As we made our way I typed in the code and pushed the door open. I walked to the living room and kitchen and opened the lights. I opened the fridge to grab a water and V sat on the a chair in the kitchen. I leaned against the island in the middle of the kitchen and turned to V. "So you guys never been to America before?"

​        "We've been to L.A. a couple times. For KCON and we we're there in 2014 for a reality show. Oh and we had a concert, also KCON in New York just this past Saturday and Sunday. We've had a couple concerts here and there also. But didn't Nam Joon tell you all this? I know he's never mentioned you before but I thought he would've kept you updated and such." V said.

​        I looked at him and my eyes watered. No. Never. He has never once called me, texted me, or did any type of communication with him. When he left he told me he wasn't allowed to have communication with family becasue it could interfer with promotions and such. I never knew about the concerts and when I searched him up all I saw where pictures and their music but that's aboubt it, if I known I would've seen him. I sent him letters ever since he first left, keeping him updated on my life and mom's but I never got a response. I missed him so much and he never once kept in touch, not even a hi. I heard him for the first time when he called and said he was coming to mom's funeral. I was so shocked. Then he left becuase he had promotions to do. 

​        I looked up at V and shook my head, sniffling. I heard a chair move and I was engulfed in a pair of arms. I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried into his shoulders. I felt his hand as he patted my hair. I gave him a little laugh and I pushed myself off of him. V smiled at me and I cleaned my face with my hands.

​        "I'm sorry for this. I didn't mean to cry all over you," I pointed to his shirt, "see I even ruined your shirt just now."

​        "He never told you anything at all, did he?" He asked me softly.

​        I shaked my head no. 

​        "So let me guess, he left and never made any sort of communication with you? Not even once? Then how did he know about your mother?" 

​        I looked at him and nodded my head to the suitcases and boxes. We rolled my suitcaseses into my room and began to unpack. "I don't know how but my guess is that one of his friends must've told him. Everyone loved my mother. She was the best mother ever, after my father left he took a part of her with him, but she still woke up every morning with a smile. She was the perfect mother, all my friends and neighbors loved her, and when I found out that she had cancer, I called Nam Joon. But what was the point? He never answered, he didn't call, but there was a little hope that burned within me saying that he would call me or come visit. I love him but over the pass 10 years I grew up watching my brother rise in fame through a glass screen."

​        As we finished putting my clothes away, we began to decorate. Before I could stop V it was to late. He opened the box and pulled out a picture. It was of my ex-boyfriend, Mark Tuan, and me. I ran over to him and took the picture and tossed it back into the box. I looked at V and his eyes were big. He pointed to me and said, "Your that Jessica?" My eyebrows knitted together. 

​        "What do you mean 'I'm that Jessica?'"

​        "Well Mark and I are close and all, I mean BTS and GOT7 are all close. I have his number, we met while doing promotions and such, and I guess over that time we got closer and all, and one day when we hung out he mentioned an old girfriend that he left back at home in America, her name was Jessica and he loved her, well I mean you. You know he still loves you right?" I looked at V and started laughing. 

​        "That's really funny. The last time I ever talked to him was when he dumped me four months before he left to Korea. No reason just said 'its over'. V he dumped me over a text. And he never answered my calls or anything. It was like NamJoon all over again. I didn't even know he was going to become a singer. When I found out from his family I looked up the group and I fell in love with them. I love their music but what he did, I would never forgive him but I can't help but still love him. We were best friends for 12 years and we were going out for 3 years V, 3 amazing years." I felt fresh tears coming down.

​        I felt V wipe my tears away. "Okay let's make a deal. No more trips down memory lane and lets finish putting things up. I'll put this box away for you and when I come back we are gonna have fun decorating your condo, okay?" I nodded my head and watched as he went back ti my room and put the box away. I walked to the hallway and grabbed some boxes and I heard V on the phone. "Yeah she's fine. I'm with her right now, okay, I'll be there when I'm done helping her." He hung the phone up and walked to me. He grabbed the boxes out of my hands and smiled.

​        "Go."

​        "It's fine, let me just finish here." He said as he continued to move the boxes. I jumped on his back and crossed my ankles at his waist. "No you're gonna go, you helped me enough and if you go, I'll start calling you 'Oppa' if you want?" V beamed at this and I let go of him. He turned to me and gave me a hug and kissed my hair. I hugged him tighter and he gasped. "Why are you so strong for such a tiny girl?" I laughed and let him go again. 

​        I walked with him to the door and I saw him holding his hand out. "Give me your phone," I took my phone out and gave it to him. I watched him as he typed away and then he returned it back to me. "Call me if you ever want to hang out or if you miss this face." I smiled and started laughing hard. I waved at him as he made his way into the elevator and then called V.

​        "Miss me already?"

​        "Haha no, well alittle, but now you have my number. Call me when you want to hang out or if you miss this face." I said using his line.

​        I heard him laugh and he said, "Agh I miss it already! And we should hang out Friday, just the two of us." 

​        "Yeah, I'll like that." 

​        I hung up the phone and began to finish working on the house. 

​        Around 3:45 a.m. I heard my phone ring. What the hell? Who's calling this late? I looked at the screen and I didn't recognize the number. I picked it up.

​        "Jessica? Is that you?'" I recognized the voice and I felt my heart race. I felt like I forgot how to breathe. "Jessica? Are you there?"

​        I opened my mouth and I felt it go dry. I never expected him to call me again, it's been two years. Two very long and depressing years. I cleared my throat and spoke into the phone. "Mark?"

​