07: Yesterday

A Long Time Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

07: Yesterday

Yesterday,

All my troubles seemed so far away

Now it looks as though they're here to stay

Oh, I believe in yesterday

-Beatles, Yesterday

***

Park Shinhye's POV

 (Flashback)

February 27, 2009

Today was the most special day for me and Yonghwa.

Finally after a year of knowing Yoo Dae Jung, he is now legally our son. 

Yonghwa and I never thought of adopting Yoo Dae Jung; but the thought of someone taking him away from us was very unbearable. 

He was a potential son among the orphans here in the orphanage. He was clever, handsome, and a very humble child. 

It was hard for the court to decide since me and my husband were too young to adopt and we just got married.

But for me, their reason wasn't valid enough; nothing can hinder us from giving a child a better home and a family he can call his own. 

With much evidence that we can sustain all his needs and wants, the court finally agreed and promised us for Yoo Dae Jung to be ours. 

The four-year-old Yoo Dae Jung was now Jung Dae Yong, Park Shinhye and Jung Yonghwa's son.

***

"You are my mommy now? I can call you mommy now?" Dae Yong asked me as he smiled brightly and my tears gushing out, out of happiness.

"Yes. You must call me mommy now. We promised to you right? No one will take you away from us." I carried the young boy and kissed his forehead.

"You like your new name, Dae Yong? Daddy decided that name, son." Yonghwa said as he caressed our son's face. I knew he was glad as well. He wanted a son and now his wish was granted.

God's miracles sometimes worked in mysterious ways. 

"Of course! What more and I'm a Jung now." He hugged me and kept on thanking us.

"Oh, Dae Yong. We should be the ones thanking God for giving you to us. You are a blessing. We love you so much." Yonghwa hugged me from behind as soon as I said that. He was pinching our son's nose and the two kept playing with each other.

"I will never let you down, mom and dad. Oh it is so nice to have parents!" He shouted and I know our marriage as well as our life is head to a good start.

(End of Flashback)

***

March 26, 2016

Yonghwa might have gone to work so early. By the time I woke up, I received a text from him saying he may not go home today and I should leave Hye to Eunhye. 

Was he nuts? We just fought about that woman and then he wanted me to leave my own daughter with her.

No! Hye Kyo is mine. She came from me and I have every rights to take care of her. Yonghwa is so insensitive, his text was just so painful.

Am I really not a good mother to him? I guess so. Just the thought of Dae Yong disappoints me with myself.

I can never be a good mother. And I hate it that Eunhye can be. My daughter even claim her a mom.

No way I will let her be my daughter's guardian when I am here. 

***

Since Yonghwa already prepared breakfast for us, all I need to do is to wake up Hye Kyo.

I admit I am nervous. I knew by the time she wake up she would be looking for Yonghwa.

Anyway, it would be the first time for the two of us to be alone. The first time for me to act as her mother.

I opened her door quietly and she was already awake. It seems that she knows her father was not around since Yonghwa left a letter for her.

I snatched the letter from her hands and flames shoot to every nerve in my body. He just told his daughter, our daughter it was best for her to bond with Eunhye. 

"You will stay with me little girl." I finally faced reality yet I can't look at her straight from the eye. She was so fragile I find myself softening on the inside. 

"But daddy said I can bond with Mommy Eun." She was still sitted at the corner of the bed while I was standing, towering her.

"I am your mom and therefore you should stay with me. And stop calling her that!" 

"You never treat me as your child, mom. She treats me as one of her own." She looked up to me and all I can do was stare.

That Eunhye really stole everything that I possess.

"She doesn't love you. She just wanted to steal you away from me. She hates me, my dear." She shook her head and protested.

"No! She doesn't hate you. In fact she told me you both were friends. She tells me a lot of stories about you." I squinted my eyes and scoffed.

"Yeah my friend who betrayed me. She stole your dad from me. She stole you from me." I pointed out and the little girl can only sigh.

"I don't understand them. They said you are a good person but the way you talk t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter