06: Special Friend

A Long Time Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06: Special Friend

Every now and then 

We find a special friend

Who never lets us down

Who understands it all, reaches out each time you fall

You're the best friend that I've found

-Jordan Hill, Remember Me This Way

***

Jung Yonghwa's POV

 March 25, 2016

My shift just ended and I am sitting on a bench outside the hospital. I was waiting for my daughter who's fetch by my very best friend, Yoon Eunhye, from school. 

Eunhye have been a sister, a friend, a playmate, a teacher, and a mother to my daughter.

My daughter loves her dearly and she told me once that Eunhye is her favorite person in her whole life.

She was my best friend since college and she too was close to Shinhye. Yet their friendship suddenly changed as my wife changed too. 

Shinhye was once suspicious about the two of us but the truth is Eunhye was just concerned.

Eunhye was in fact a blessing to me. Aside from my family, she became Hye Kyo's soulmate and I would be forever greatful of her.

Eunhye and Shinhye was the best of friends...before. 

I don't know what happened between them. All I know was that Shinhye shut all of us down from her life. She accused Eunhye of things that are not true. Things about us. 

Eunhye moved in Singapore first and she was the friend who helped me settle a job here. We both have the same job but her shift ended earlier than mine. 

Since she agreed to my daughter's request of her fetching Hye Kyo, it was convenient to my part. I won't worry of Hye waiting for me. 

And speaking of the two, here they are with Hye Kyo tightly gripping to Eunhye's hand and smiling brightly at her.

"Mommy Eun come  and join us for lunch." My daughter kissed me on the cheek and Eunhye gave me a fistbump.

"Come along Eun. My treat." She smiled and held my daughter's hand. I sometimes wish she was Shinhye.

"Of course it is your treat. Since when it was my treat?" She laughed and my daughter rolled her eyes. 

When it comes to these two I always lose.

"Where do you guys want to eat?" The two 'dumb and dumber' look at each other meaningfully and shouted. 

"Where else? Mcdonald's!" 

***

These two girls were playing with their food in front of me. They were playing with Eun having a lot of fries in and Hye trying to eat those fries through . 

They were giggling and I can see how my daughter was having fun. I wished it was Shinhye playing with her and caressing her. Eunhye was such a supporting friend that she stand as Hye Kyo's mom. 

"Mommy Eun buy some fries again! Let us play again!" Hye hugged Eun dearly as she was sitting on her lap. Eunhye caressed her cheeks and kissed her forehead dearly. My heart leap in joy. At least my daughter receive a motherly love from her.

"No more fries, Hye. Remember what mommy told you? Being too much is bad. Enough is okay." Hye nodded her head and leaned to Eun's chest.

I smiled and sighed. "Eun is right Hye. Anyways, Mcdo won't go anywhere we can always go back, right?" I can't help but pinch her cheeks as she smiled to me full of enthusiasm. 

"Daddy! Let's stay here for a couple of minutes. I want mommy Eun to play with me there in the playground." Hye pointed and we both chuckled at her.

"You were playing with Eun since we arrived here. Share Eun with me too." I acted to be sad yet my daughter just laugh. When it comes to Eunhye she would be always and always be possessive.

"No way! Mommy Eun is mine I can't share her with you." She hugged Eun's neck possessively and Eun stuck her tongue out on me. 

"Of course I am yours, Hye." I laugh so hard.

"We need to talk about something, Hye. Just go play all by yourself." 

"I'll be alone then. I am always alone already at home." She pouted some more and Eunhye can't help but kiss my daughter's lips.

"Don't worry Mommy Eun will follow you after we talk and we can do whatever you wanted to do." Hye finally agreed and ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter