04: Wake Up

A Long Time Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04: Wake Up

So wake up

Your sleeping heart

I know sometimes we'll be afraid

But no more playing safe, my dear

I'm here

So wake up

The Vamps, Wake Up

***

Park Shinhye's POV

The moment we exited the church I felt peace within me and I smiled gleefully as we were greeted by the calm winds of the city.

I always feel peaceful every after going to church. When life seems to sip my soul away, I would seek comfort and assurance from God that everything would be fine.

I stared at my husband and daughter who seems to be inseparable.

I watched as my daughter tried to climb on my husband asking to be carried; she always like to be carried.

I saw my husband trying to ignore my daughter's antics.

"Daddy! Carry me please! I was so tired from standing inside the church! It was your fault why we were late. You took your bath like a lady." Our daughter ranted and circled her arms around her with her eyebrows crossed. 

"It can't be helped your Mommy took her bath longer than me." He reasoned and poked our daughter's fluffly cheeks.

She turned around and glared at him, "She's a lady, duh. And do not put the blame on mommy!"

"But I was telling the truth, though." Yonghwa squinted his eyes as his daughter answered back.

"It was such a disappointment to be late! I hate being late, it makes me feel guilty." Yonghwa finally chuckled and carried her in his arms. Our daughter circled her hands around his neck and bump her forehead with his.

"Oh, says who when she didn't even want to go to school but hated being late. You are unpredictable at times." He rubbed his nose to her nose and the both them were lost in their world.

"In that case is different. I hate school in Singapore everyone is Chinese. I don't have a Korean friend." She giggled.

"We will get use to it okay? Besides it is nice to be multilingual."

"Tch. Reasons again daddy. Anyways I am hungry! Let's go to McDo." They finally approached me and Yonghwa silently held my hand. 

I turned my gaze away and pretended to watch the clouds.

Every Sunday we tend to ride the subways instead of our vehicle. It would be nice too because we can tend to appreciate the city's well-being.

We rode at the top of a double-decker bus and it was much nicer for there were only the three of us. I was sitted at the very back and the two annoying people are in front me in their own world again.

"Daddy! Birds above us! Oh look they're so beautiful!" Hye Kyo squealed and watch a flock of birds above us soaring high and fly free. 

I looked at her from behind  and watch how an innocent child amazes at simple things in life.

Sometimes I wanted to be a child again. Dream like everything was not impossible and be happy over little specs of life's nature.

I wanted to be a child again because I can comfort myself through what I find fascinating and life would be fine again. 

The children always dream and soars high like the birds in the sky.

They always forgive and forget and move on; in a way I thought that they were more mature than us. 

Yet I only realize it later when soon I felt what an adult had always been. 

As I grow I noticed how important to people their pride and ego. Whether they hurted others as long as their pride is intact they will be fine. 

People tend to be so sensitive to themselves they turned to be insensitive to others.

In short, everything was and would always be ironic.

"Shinhye, sit with us." My husband stared at me and smiled sincerely. 

I smiled a little and moved to sit with them.

I then felt my husband's muscled arm circle around me.

His warmth was so peaceful that I realized how I forgotten a lot things.

I intended to forget because forgetting for me means I can save myself from remembering sad memories.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter