11: On that Road I Took a Fall

A Long Time Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11: On that Road I Took a Fall

I like to think that we had it all

We drew a map to a better place

But on that road I took a fall

Oh baby why did you run away?

-Maroon 5, Maps

***

Jung Yonghwa's POV

May 08, 2016

I took a day off for Hye Kyo was not feeling well since yesterday.

Although I can feel Shinhye was worried too, she didn't show any concern towards our daughter.

Her reason was their recital is fast approaching. She told me I can take care of Hye Kyo alone. 

But what angered me the most was she was so busy getting drunk these days. 

Her actions was so childish already. 

"Daddy? Will you and mommy separate soon?" Hye Kyo questioned me suddenly as I was feeding her, her breakfast.

Her question made me feel like I was the most worst father and disappointing husband.

As the head of the family, I wasn't able to maintain the harmonious relationship within us.

I broke my promise of keeping our family safe and always loved.

I felt like a failure as a husband for I wasn't capable of keeping my wife's trust and honor towards me.

I was considered the worst father since I can't even guarantee my children's safety and innocence.

I wasn't competent enough to fight for my love for Shinhye, Hye Kyo and Dae Yong. 

My daughter snap her fingers at me, bringing me back to reality.

"I honestly don't know what's going to happen between me and your mom. But always know my dear, daddy's love for you remains the same; I even love you more each day." I caressed my daughter's cheek and smiled at her solemnly.

"I know daddy and I love you too. Honestly? If ever the two of you divorces, it would be fine. Just don't leave me alone daddy. Promise me, please? Besides, We were doing great even if it was just us two." My daughter with labored breath said quietly and I can't help but bury my face in the crook of her neck. 

I didn't want to think of the idea that I would break my marriage with Shinhye.

Our marriage was the sacred proof that me and Shinhye are one and I never regretted being with her.

But, why is it I felt like my daughter was right?

Why is it I felt the need to protect my daughter from her own mother?

I certainly feel the odd emotion that my daughter starts to loathe her mother.

For sure, the only thing I know was I love my daughter and I would do everything for her.

I looked at my daughter's pale face and kissed her forehead. She giggled and told me words that can simply flatter a father's heart.

"I really love my daddy! My daddy is the best daddy in the whole world!" I smiled brightly at her and continue taking care of her.

***

"Yonghwa, please allow me to talk to Shinhye. She's still my bestfriend and I wanted to be the one consoling her." Yoon Eunhye once again forced me.

Yoon Eunhye came to our house as soon as she heard from me that Hye Kyo was sick. She who is way too much attached to my daughter, called me and told me she would take care of Hye Kyo. 

I knew she was so worried and I am aware that she loves my Hye Kyo in a way that she already treats her like her own daughter.

I refused at first for obviously my wife will be angry. But my daughter wanted her to come along too so I have no choice.

Anyway, the two of them are more close and definitely Hye Kyo will at least be enlightened.

"You know you can't do that, Eun. Shinhye will be more encourage to drink and I don't want anything bad happen to her." I told Eunhye precisely and stared at her as she was caressing my daughter's face.

A while ago, the two of them were animatedly chatting with each other as if I wasn't there. I was relieved Shinhye and my mother-in-law weren't present. It would be totally chaotic just the thought of Eunhye and Shinhye together in front of Hye Kyo. 

"I can always try my best to talk to her. I knew deep inside she misunderstood whatever there was between us but we both know there was none." Eunhye smiled at me sincerely and held my hands. We were both sitting beside Hye Kyo who is sleeping in the bed. I looked at her and for a moment I saw Shinhye.

"It...It won't just work. I think Shinhye needs to consult someone. Not that she is mentally ill or something but maybe, she is experiencing an emotional turmoil. I thought at first it wouldn't be permanent but seeing her situation, do you think you talking to her changes something?" I asked Eunhye worriedly.

Eunhye held my hands tightly and stared at me dreadfully.

I know what she is thinking.

If there is anything that I regretted in my life for some time, It was when I refused to acknowledge within myself that after Dae Yong's sudden death, Shinhye was experiencing a type of depression.

Maybe it just didn't cross in my mind it would be this deep for I myself moved on from that unpleasant event in our marriage life.

I thought Shinhye would just come along and be back to the old her, but Dae Yong took her away and left a different Shinhye.

"We aren't quite sure of that, Yong. But you know I can always try to talk to her." Eunhye persuaded and finally let go of my hands. 

"I appreciate everything you did for me from the very start. But Shinhye hates you Eunhye. I don't want to continue hurting her and at the same time of her offending you. I am ashamed of what she is about to say to you. Out of all the people, you are the only one who was truly there for Hye Kyo. But Shinhye is not in the state to understand what you are about to say." I gently explain to Eunhye and tapped her head as I always do to her whenever I comfort her. 

Yoon Eunhye is the type of person who can be trusted and the least person to judge me.

We were still staring each other intensely when we heard someone clearing .

***

Park Shinhye's POV

 "Oh, the homewrecking is here. You can go now. The wife and mother is present." I sarcastically told her.

I admit I was worried when Hye Kyo turned out to be so sick yet my work schedule hinders me from focusing on her.

So, I decided that today I will take turns on taking care of her. I know lately I'm a burden to my family yet whenever I decided to start over again, my own conscience holds me back.

But now seeing this woman interfering with our own family affairs again, lessen my motivation to do something right for once.

Why does she have to be always there for Yonghwa and Hye Kyo?

I am here. I'm the one supposed to be there for them.

She always takeover of my roles way before. Even when my son Dae Yong was still alive.

I won't let her involve herself with our problems again. 

"I'm here to talk to you, sincerely, Shinye. It's been a long time but you're still miserable." Yoon Eunhye told me solemnly and my anger to her increased immediately.

"Oh? Me, miserable? Thanks to you my life is now very complicated. You wanna talk? Let's talk. It seems that you got a lot of wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter