01: Lost Stars

A Long Time Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01: Lost Stars

But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark

- Adam Levine, Lost Stars

***

Park Shinhye's POV

February 18, 2016

 

I was waiting in the lobby of the airport wherein I stood timidly thinking.

For the first time after painfully giving birth, I'll be seeing her.

My daughter; a bittersweet fruit of the past.

The past which events seem to constantly hunt me in my slumber and remain a bitter taste of life's reality. 

For four years I live alone in Singapore, hoping to find myself once again. 

Yet I only found more pain at the feeling of loneliness in a foreign country. Besides, no one is to be blame for I was seeking a place of refuge. 

 How funny; co'z I wondered after all these years, the pain was still so evident. I can feel the bits and pieces of my shattered heart.

And after four long years of independence from my family, my husband decided to move here.

For four years I haven't seen him especially my daughter whose existence was barely unknown to me except for the fact that I gave birth to her.

Today is my birthday; yesterday was hers. I am now twenty-nine years old and my daughter is four years old. 

I hated the fact that I'll be seeing her and him. They held so many remembrance of the past that the thought of living as a family is distant for my liking. 

My mother told me I should probably try and focused unto my daughter whom I left one day after she was born. 

I knew mother was the one who convinced Jung Yonghwa to move here in Singapore. 

With time ticking so slow I finally saw him. My husband carrying a little girl wearing a red sweater and baggy pants. He was carrying a backpack into his back and a big luggage within his left hand. 

He doesn't seem to age; still the handsome man I married seven years ago.

*** 

"Shinhye. It's been a long time." He said as I quietly avoided his gaze and focused on helping him with his luggage.

"You should have woke her up. It is not easy to carry a child with baggages alone." I answered as I walk ahead towards my car. 

"She just slept after crying from the pain she felt in her ears. It is her first time to travel through plane." He mused and carefully settled the girl at the back and moved in the passenger seat.

"Have you found a job here already?" I changed the topic and focused on more important things. 

He sighed. "We just arrived Shinhye, what do you expect?" 

"I was just asking because basically we need to move into a much bigger apartment and I hope that you will also pay some bills." I sarcastically talked back. 

"Isn't your apartment enough? We don't need a big apartment." He sighed for the nth time.

"If calling an apartment with one bedroom to you is big then your daughter should just probably sleep in the couch."

"OUR daughter is not that big enough to sleep alone." He told me emphasizing the word our. 

"Then where should I sleep?" I asked.

"Beside us, Shinhye." He speeched a matter of factly. 

***

As soon as we arrived, I decided to cook for us in order to avoid conversations. I can't face my daughter now.

"Jung Hye Kyo. What do you want to do tomorrow?" I heard my husband asked her while they were in the bedroom.

So her name is Hye Kyo.

Observing my daughter awhile ago, she was in deed beautiful. Her long black hair which ends were as wavy as the waves of the beach; her nose which is lean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter