7: Blank ~ ed Up Situation

WHOLE

Myungsoo's POV

 

 

I reached Topaz at 8pm and was more than happy to know that Sungyeol got home before me. I want to see him after everything that I found out today. I wanted to cuddle so bad. To make up with those five years we neglected each other. I don't know the whole story yet, but if it means I get to keep him now for good, then I don't care anymore.

 

I kick my shoes and darkness greeted me. I went inside and found Sungyeol lying on the sofa. He's lying stomach first and his head is turned the other way. I sigh and get closer. His laptop is open. His coffee is no longer hot. Aga and Byeol are nowhere to be found. Maybe they're back in Sungjong's.

 

I pick up the small pieces of paper scattered around. I stopped upon seeing one piece of paper.

 

The letters are written in a pink ink... it's a glow in the dark pink ink by the way. And I almost cried but I chose to smile that moment.

 

"I don't care how we met. I'm glad we did."

 

I sat down straight to the sofa and lean my head back to where Sungyeol's thighs are while holding that paper up.

 

I don't know if I deserve him. Sungyeol is more than ready to let go of everything for me. He's ready to lose it all for me. But how worthy am I for him? How could I make myself worthy?

 

The insecurities is killing me.

 

I wipe the tears away as Sungyeol's cold hands suddenly touches my cheeks.

 

"Love... you're home." his husky just woke up voice made me smile as I turn to him. "Are you crying just now?"

 

I shook my head. I held his other hand as his other hand caress my cheeks gently.

 

"Where were you? Have you eaten?"

 

"I... was in the office."

 

He shoot one eyebrow up but later on smile again. "Why are you sitting down there? Come here."

 

He pull me up and lay me down his side and pull me close to him.

 

His warm hugs. I miss it. I sniff his collarbones and I felt his shivers. I run soft circles through his back.

 

"Yeol..."

 

"Hum?"

 

I kissed his collarbone and hug him back tightly. "Sorry..."

 

"For what?"

 

"For everything... for almost giving up on you. For..."

 

I felt his warm lips kissed my forehead and he lifted up my face to face his.

 

"You waited till this moment... that's all that matters to me now. And you don't know how thankful I am for that... I'm scared everyday thinking that you might found someone better than me. Someone who won't leave you... someone that's more than me. The insecurity eating me back in Spain almost killed me every time. And when...."

 

He stopped in midsentence. He might be thinking whether he'll continue or not. I smiled tenderly to my Yeollie. My very own Yeollie.

 

"When you lost contact with us?" I said.

 

His eyes widen for awhile but he didn't say anything. He averted his eyes by hugging me. I hug him back.

 

"When I flew back to Spain, I only have one goal in mind... and that is for them to make me choose just this once. To let me control everything in my life just this once. But... that didn't came out too well. And I ended up staying there for five years. Without communication. Even with my parents."

 

His hug is tightening, not that I mind though. His heart begin to throb faster. I hug him back tighter too, to let him realize that I'm with him and that it's okay. And then, he relaxed a bit and continue.

 

"I worked so hard to have their "yes", Myung... even if I wanted to run to you whenever I feel like I can no longer breath... even if I get scared of my heart tightening with every thought of you finding someone better than me... even if..."

 

I heard his controlled sobs and I have to look back to him which I did. My heart then tightens as I saw him crying. I wipe his tears away but he stopped me.

 

"Let me get this out, Myung... I no longer want you clueless on this..."I nod the  sits up to hug him. His hug roam through my waist.

 

"When I told them that I'm engaged with the Kim's heir, my grandfather almost threw me out. But he can't do that cause I'm his heir. And he threaten me that if I choose to be with you, he won't let me see my family again... and even you. He'll ruin the KGC in one go... you don't know him, Myung. They can ruin your company on one snap of a finger. You'll lose everything in your hands. So I stayed. With the condition that they won't lay a finger on KGC or you and your family... that's when I asked Dad for help through Dongwoon... I asked Dad to separate GSSC from the hotels under the LGC's supervision. Dad knows why I asked for that so he lets me. The separation will only took place in our engagement night Myung... that's when I will execute every plan I have. If I'll get disowned, at least I gave GSSC. We won't be out in the streets. And Dad will remain one big share holder in GSSC if that happens and that will be the bridge for us to meet rarely...

 

Your Dad also has a participation on this... but don't hate him. I asked for it. I told him that LGC will renew the partnership with them and... some personal things... he asked me to leave you alone until I'm strong enough to protect you from all the possible things we'll face. Then I decided to go back to Spain to talk to my grandparents. Because I want you in my life so bad finally and I acted on impulse. But yeah...everything ed up."

 

He freed himself from my hold and sit up beside me and held my hand.

 

"Myung, my grandparents don't want us together. Okay, maybe only my grandfather. My grandmother wanted to meet you and to try her best to accept you... but I can't bring myself to introduce you to her yet until you take me back... so I said that we should wait... I pity my grandma for always fighting with grandpa because of me. Grandma is the only one listening to me back in Spain. She made me feel that she got my back when no one else is there for me..."

 

I look into his eyes and even if it's dark, I know that Sungyeol is nervous as he grip my hands tightly and kissed it.

 

"Now that you know... we're no longer facing your Dad here Myung... we will be facing my grandfather... I... I wanna know... are you... are you with me?"

 

Cat got my tongue as I look back at him. I can't talk. I can't talk again.

 

But as soon as his grip loosen slowly, I suddenly jolted and grip him tighter.

 

"I am."

 

I let the tears fall from my eyes and that's when I poured everything I have to trust Sungyeol again. That is the only thing I could give to him. He'll keep me while he lose everything. If his grandfather didn't consider, then... what would happen?

 

Sungyeol take me in his arms one more time and we decided to sleep that way.

 

--

 

When I woke up, I found Sungyeol in the kitchen cooking breakfast. I sat on my own seat and grab my phone. Looks like Yerin was called by Yeol already.

 

I feel lighter today. Maybe because there's no secret between us this time. Or maybe not? I can feel that there's something more. And I don't care much about my dad, but what's with the other  personal things Sungyeol mentioned last night? Something personal information about my Dad? Is that it?

 

I sigh and I was surprised when Sungyeol grab my face and kissed me right there.

 

He let go after coaxing me. He tasted like caramel... too sweet.

 

I covered by mouth and he smiled. "Why are you so sweet?"

 

His smile widen and placed a coffee in front of me. "I was drinking my coffee. Maybe that's it?"

 

"Did you put something in it?"

 

"Caramel."

 

I knew it.

 

I took a sip from my mug and I nod for acknowledgement.

 

He then placed the plate in front of me and we started to dig in.

 

"Love, just want to let you know that I'll be in LGC today. So I'll be home a little later than you... is that okay?"

 

I bit my toast before answering him. "Why? What's up?"

 

"Dad needs me for something... regarding the resort..." he paused and sip from his coffee again and looked at me. "We can have lunch though. Do you want that?"

 

"How? You're thirty minutes away from me." I rolled my eyes and bit my toast again.

 

"So? I'll go get you. I know how to drive."

 

"I know how too."

 

"But I'll be the one to pick you up.... my grandparents might be there you know?"

 

I glare at him but he's busy stirring his coffee that time, so I just shrug. "If they managed to find me, then we'll talk. Don't worry about me, Sungyeol... worry about yourself and your meeting with your Dad."

 

"Yeah. I know. Anyway, Sungjong is being called by my grandparents too... I wonder why though."

 

The spoon slipped from my grip and I abruptly turn to him, suddenly worried for Sungjong. But he shook his head. "Love, his business is successful enough. There's no way he's in trouble."

 

"I know that but.."

 

He gave me a warm smile and grip my hand. "My cousin isn't someone to be worried about, Love. They probably want him for something... that's when I worry. Because they might ask him about you."

 

I froze to that. That's one possibility.

 

"What could possibly go wrong right? He's your best friend and my cousin. We shouldn't worry."

 

I nod.

 

We both left our unit separately. He left thirty minutes earlier than  me before I left.

 

My secretary gave me the run out of my schedule that day and leave a coffee to my table.

 

Before she turn to me again.

 

"Sir... I almost forgot. Mr. Lee Sungjong wanted to have some appointment with you. He asked you to call him back."

 

I curled up my eyebrows and dismissed her only to call Sungjong.

 

"Myungsoo, glad you called. I'm on my way to your office. You're free?"

 

"Till 11am, yes. Why? What's up?"

 

I heard his nervous sigh before he answers. "Grandmother wanted to see you... I was wondering why I was called. She wanted to meet you with or without Sungyeol-hyung's permission... she's mad because you two didn't showed up in the family dinner the day we found out that he's back and was in LGC..."

 

I curse beneath my breath. "What? Sungjong, Sungyeol just told me everything last night! There's no way I'll be ready to face her now--"

 

"That is why I came with her! I'm so worried for you! She's strict Myung... I don't want you alone with her. And I can't tell Sungyeol-hyung or I'll end up in trouble. I failed to communicate with hyung the moment he arrived here in LGC because he was being waited by the board. He's called in for the early meeting... I was left alone with grandmother. I was so trembling..."

 

Sungyeol's thought exactly on how they'll want Sungjong. They surely want to get a hold of me now.

 

"Sungyeol-hyung will take my head off once he found out that I'll let grandma meet you... what should I do---"

 

"Take her here. I don't care what happens... take her here with you."

 

I put my phone back to my table and started to tremble. There's no way I'll handle this right today, but there's no way I'll turn my back now.

 

--

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

I look around the whole main hall only to find the stressed look of the presenter on today's meeting that needed my presence. Because someone wanted to squeezed in some ideas in the next big project we have.  I was given the folder earlier and the meeting will start in thirty more minutes since this one is uncalled for, some of the board members are nowhere to be found yet.

 

Myungsoo's Dad is right across me in that big table and Dad is on his usual seat. Mom is with him and also Myungsoo's Mom. I greeted them all earlier and now I'm busy reviewing the files since the presenters are waiting for me to do my remarks. But their work is pretty much done, so there's no need for rechecking.

 

Howon was there and also Gyu-hyung. I can see how Howon tried to be casual with everyone inside that room. If there is something that terrifies him, that is suit and tie. He'll die in suffocation due to those kinds of clothes, according to him.

 

Gyu-hyung neared me and tap my shoulder to have my attention.

 

"How is Myungsoo?"

 

"Fine. Is Woohyun already gone to school?"

 

"Yeah. Earlier than expected. Just wanna tell you that we're all planning to meet up tomorrow in my office, if it isn't too much of a hassle for you to come, you can join us."

 

I furrow my eyebrow to that. "Why? What's happening?"

 

Gyu-hyung gave me a shy smile and scratch his nape. "Our... wedding coordinators are coming to meet us tomorrow. And I wanted you guys to help Woohyun handle our own wedding. He needed some ideas you know?"

 

I suddenly smile widely with that. I know what he's saying. Woohyun could be really someone stupid if he's nervous. And his breakdowns are somehow intense for Gyu-hyung to handle alone. "That's fine then, hyung. I can spare sometime."

 

"Thanks Yeol, you're a life saver."

 

I gave him a nod and the door flew open and I went stiff on my seat as I saw my grandfather made his way through the main hall. Now that explains why the presenters are so fidgety. They'll present in front of my grandfather. I also saw how my Dad's face stiffen and look at his feet to avoid looking at Myunsoo's Dad eyes. They're eye flirting. Haha.

 

"Sungyeol."

 

I froze but didn't look away. Instead, I put up a full of pride face.

 

"Yes grandpa?"

 

"Why are you here?"

 

"Dad asked me to be here."

 

"And when I asked you to grace my office, you won't come easily?"

 

The smirk I got from his genetics showed up and I smirk back. Is he asking me this now? In front of these people?

 

"I don't see the reason why I should grace your office, Grandpa. I am yet to report regularly in the office. You can wait for two weeks more to asked me and I won't reject any offer by then."

 

The smirk on his face lessen and all I can see is the challenging look and a very not pleased look. Dad nudge me and gave me a sign to drop it.

 

I roll my eyes on him. Mom is worried beside him so I didn't say anything back anymore. Myungsoo's Dad and Mom are both nervous.

 

"Young man, I don't see why you're challenging me this bad..."

 

"That's because you won't have it my way this time, Grandpa."

 

"Sungyeol, I said enough."

 

That shut me up. Dad is glaring at me saying to ing drop it this time for good or else. But that didn't stop me.

 

"You should tell that to your Dad, Dad. Early in the morning, and I only wanted to obliged you because you asked me to grace this main hall again, but this is the kind of treatment I'd get? If that man don't want me here I can--"

 

"Lee Sungyeol, I am asking you to sit down. Now."

 

My head turn to my grandma who just came in... but... it was Myungsoo beside him that fully cut me off.  I gave him a questioning look and he just shrug and avert his eyes. I tried to catch Sungjong's eyes but he averted too. , what's happening here?!

 

I slowly sat down, scared of what could happen. Myungsoo is with my grandmother. Grandpa isn't please about it and his presence is enough to Grandpa to kill me with his gaze. I didn't care earlier, but now... I ing do. And I think I'd die if Myungsoo stayed inside this main hall any longer.

 

Grandma lead Myungsoo and Sungjong inside that main hall and asked the two to sit down behind his parents' seats. His parents are also surprised to see him.

 

"Now, what could possibly irritates the two of you early in the morning?"

 

"Your grandson is being an just now--"

 

"Don't throw stones, we all know who started it."

 

"Lee Sungyeol!"

 

"No! Why is Myungsoo with you?!"

 

Everyone froze as I asked Grandma with a high voice. That startled my Mom and she stood up to keep me close by holding my arms.

 

Grandma just crook her eyebrows up and sat down before Grandpa.

 

"Everyone, meet my Sungyeol's fiancee... Kim Myungsoo."

 

My eyes widens and so does grandpa's... what the heck?

 

"I know you guys heard about him being engaged. And he really is. With the Kim's heir. Anyone against them should leave this hall now."

 

"What are you doing Sungmin?!"

 

"What? Your grandson is asking you to keep his private life private. And yet you won't give in? Want me to punch you in the face? And can't you see Kim Myungsoo's adorable face?! He's perfectly fitted to our Sungyeol!"

 

"All I see is a bunch of---"

 

"Say another word and I'll leave this main hall and never come back, Grandpa. Don't try me."

 

"Sungyeol, please... sit down. Please?"

 

Mom beside me whispers to my ear as she tried to stop me. Because the moment Myungsoo enter the main hall, I almost died. With my grandmother of all people! And why is he with her anyway? I thought we reached a conclusion last night for this. That we will wait for the right time to face them all together.

 

I sat down but mom stayed. Myungsoo throw me some worried look and he mouthed, "Are you okay? I'm sorry..."

 

I glare at him to show him how unpleased I am with the situation. I am so scared with everything. So scared that my heart clench inside me.

 

Myungsoo's Dad caught my eye and gave me a "So amusing, kid."

 

And his mom is cheering for us. As usual.

 

Dad is smirking too. ing . I don't know what's happening but the only one who's not amused with the situation is me, because it's more on killing me.

 

"I want you in my office later, Lee Sungyeol. And if you don't want me making my own ways on you, you'll follow my orders. Or else, I'll drag you back in Spain---"

 

"No one is coming back to Spain."

 

My grandmother is really surprisingly annoying right now, yet she's looking cool.

 

"What the hell Sungmin--"

 

"You better sit down dear. You're interrupting the true meaning of this early meeting. Forgive my boys. You can continue with the presentation."

 

--

 

I loosen up my tie and lean back on my seat. Everyone except the members of the family, including Sunggyu and Howon stayed inside the room. The meeting feels like hell. Me and Grandpa didn't stop on just that.

 

I don't have the energy to stand and approach Myungsoo so he's the one who did all the approaching. I'm so annoyed, I could die.

 

I followed him with hard glare as he made his way to me.

 

"Don't be mad at me... I'm here for a reason."

 

"And that reason?"

 

"Your grandmother visited me in my office before coming here. I was surprised myself because Sungjong called me for that... but don't be mad at him. He's as terrified as me."

 

I sigh and pull him close. I buried my face on his side and he my hair. That feels good. It relaxes me a bit.

 

"You okay?"

 

I hummed. I don't want to talk. My grandfather drained me and it's killing me.

 

Not to mention, my chest feels weird. I haven't had my medicine for today. I sigh internally. Those medicines tastes awful. So bitter. But I have to shove it all in my mouth to stop the pain.

 

I pull away from Myungsoo but didn't actually let his waist go. I look up to him.

 

"I am so scared just now, Myung..."

 

"I know. I'm sorry. But I'm okay..." he gave me a assuring smile and run his fingers through my hair. "I'm unscathed. Your grandmother shared some stories to me... but what we talked about, I'll tell you once we reached home okay?"

 

I smile weakly.

 

My chest is starting to really hurt now. My eyesight is becoming blurry. Myungsoo is tripled and my world is spinning.

 

I let go of Myungsoo and tried to calm myself down. Tried to control my breathing. Just like how I managed to do so in Spain alone.

 

Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. Breath out.

 

Damn. Its not helping. My heart is clutching.

 

Eyes twitching and I can hear Myungsoo calling me.

 

But he seems so far away.

 

I saw my Dad's panicking face and so does Grandpa and Grandma. Mom run circles through my back, but that doesn't help me too...

 

And before I reached out of Myungsoo...

 

My world went completely blank.

 

--

 

Third Person's POV

 

"SUNGYEOL!"

 

Myungsoo's scream could probably be heard outside. Sungyeol just collapsed.

 

"Oh my God, my grandson!"

 

Myungsoo held Sungyeol's head and tried to lift him. Sungyeol's uneven breathing is still there and he's sweating. Sungyeol can't breath!

 

Everyone panics but Myungsoo remained calm.

 

"Call for an ambulance! Please!"

 

Sungyeol's grandfather can't help but be amused of the situation. Kim Myungsoo raised his voice on him. Not just him, but so does everyone else in that room.

 

Sunggyu called for an ambulance and minutes later, Sungyeol is being transported to the hospital with everyone of them convoying the ambulance. Myungsoo on the other hand  stayed inside the ambulance.

 

The familiar sight of Sungyeol five years ago when he fainted. Its here again. Is he still having the chest pains? Those severe chest pain?

 

The nurse inside the ambulance gave Sungyeol a shot for something he don't know so he panics.

 

"What was that just now?"

 

"Doctor Minhyuk asked us to do the first aid and this is the first step, Sir. Mr. Sungyeol probably missed his medication so he started having this attacks again."

 

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What medication?"

 

"I'm sorry, but that's confidential, Sir. All I know is, this isn't some normal chest pains that could kill--"

 

"Don't you dare! This is normal for him! Shut up, and keep pumping that oxygen pump to help him breath!"

 

Myungsoo snapped out of the poor nurse who was trying to explain things. But the nurse thinks that it's a good thing. Because he does not want to spill the beans. What if this guy isn't allowed to know the patient's condition? He's dead.

 

As soon as they reached the Nam's Private Hospital, they pushed Sungyeol immediately to the Emergency room.

 

Woohyun on the other side of the hospital, was more than surprised to see his fiancee running towards the emergency room so he turn to the nurse and asked her to do the rounds and check on his patients.

 

He run to where he saw his friends running into and found the emergency door closing and Myungsoo slumped on the floor running his hands over his face.

 

"What happened? Who's inside?"

 

Sunggyu turn to him lovingly and hugged him and started sobbing.

 

"Woah, Gyu. You're scaring me. Who's inside? Sungyeol?"

 

Sunggyu nods and Woohyun's suddenly got worried. That explains the Lee's here and Myungsoo being scared as .

 

"Hush, Gyu. He'll be fine. He's a fighter. But what exactly happened?"

 

I turn to Sungjong who was also dazed but tried to answer Woohyun's question.

 

"We don't know either. He just collapsed after the meeting... and then... and then..."

 

Sungjong started crying and Howon tried to hug the younger. Myungsoo was leaning on the wall and he's looking on the floor.

 

Tears freely leave his eyes. He can't take it...

 

He can't take this situation again.

 

--

 

Author's note: I suddenly got excited writing this chapter in the middle part when the idea hits me. Hard. HAHA your thoughts? Anyone?