30: What is he up to? ~ Why is it like that? ~ Who made it like that?

WHOLE

"Dongwoo."

 

Dongwoo stopped on his tracks when someone called him from behind and he almost lost it when it was Sungyeol's Uncle behind him. He have nothing against the owner of the school. If there's anything, that would be because he left Claud and Cleo unattended. But he didn't show it.

 

"Yes sir? It's nice to see you're back."

 

"It's nice to be back. How are you?"

 

"Er, fine? I was about to go to my next class. And I think I'm already late. Who knows what's happening in their classroom now--"

 

"That reminds me of my true intention on stopping you."

 

"Okay? What is it sir? How can I help you?"

 

"I think I saw someone familiar here. And I think he's in your class."

 

Dongwoo was speechless as he first thought of Claud. Did he saw him? On the kid's first day and on his own first day being back too?

 

"Okay?"

 

"I managed to have his first name. I think he's not born here. Or maybe a half?"

 

"And the name you got?"

 

"Claud. He told me his name is Claud before he went away with his friends."

 

He don't know what makes his heart beats fast. The idea that Claud already had friends? Or this guy meeting Claud effortlessly after all the plans Sungyeol made to keep them away from this very man?

 

"Well, I was hoping you know him. Do you?"

 

"Um--"

 

"Teacher Jang?"

 

If it isn't Taehyung.

 

He smiled widely to Taehyung who came from the comfort room drying his hands with his handkerchief.

 

"Taehyung is one of my student in that next class I was talking about Sir. Taehyung, this man is the school's owner. Bow down."

 

The kid did. This man is the one that stopped Claud from walking earlier was the thought running in his mind.

 

"Hi sir."

 

Jungyeop realized that the kid in front of him was the same kid with that kid he saw named Claud.

 

"Aren't you with that kid I stopped earlier?"

 

"Yes I am sir. Why?"

 

"What's his name?"

 

Dongwoo gulped while Taehyung didn't say anything. He tried to analyze the situation. The way this man looks at Claud earlier, was somehow, shocked? As if he was not expecting to see Claud there. So it's either he was happy to see his friend or not at all. So in the end...

 

"I just met him today. So I don't know his name. He just came to classes starting today, right Teacher Jang?"

 

Dongwoo blinked a few times to the kid. And he somehow relaxed when he saw Taehyung's eyes looking so cautious and aware somehow.

 

"Ah yes, no wonder it didn't register on my head for the first time. It's that kid's first day here and the Principal says he'll be in my class. I haven't fully known him yet because it wasn't me who took him from the teacher's faculty."

 

Taehyung smiled internally as they both waited for the other to retort.

 

"Oh, I see. That's okay then. It's just that... I found that kid familiar. Anyway, go back to your class now, and sorry for stopping you for so long."

 

"No problem sir."

 

"It's okay sir."

 

When Dongwoo walked side by side with the kid, he turn to Taehyung who was silent. "Taehyung, are you really friends with Claud?"

 

"Yes sir. We even ate lunch together." He says with a confused eyes. "Why?"

 

"Then you probably know his surname and who's his guardian are."

 

"Of course I do... I just don't know if that man is worthy to know his name."

 

The older rose an eyebrow. Taehyung is one year older than Claud. Why are these kids so smart for their age?! He's getting goose bumps.

 

"And besides teacher, it looks like you don't want to tell him Claud's name either. There's no way you won't know Claud because he's your friend's adopted child."

 

He blinked. "You're right... You saved me. Thanks, Taehyung. And thanks for being friends with Claud. You see, he was bullied from his former class."

 

The kid was the one to blink this time and it was anger he saw in the kid's eyes. He's sure of it. "He was bullied? I thought he was smart to be able to be transferred in our class."

 

"Oh, don't ever doubt that. He is smart. He passed the test to be qualified in your class."

 

"Then who bullied him?"

 

"The kids from his former class. He's okay, though. He's okay now. He wasn't physically hurt. But you know that his family's background right? That he was adopted by Kim Myungsoo, Lee Sungyeol's fiance."

 

"Don't tell me he was bullied because of that?"

 

"He is."

 

The kid stood there in silence. They're outside their room now and Dongwoo can see Claud from the window. He's reading, as usual. He smiled when he saw him talking with the kid behind him who if he wasn't mistaken, named Jungkook. And the Japanese exchanged students too. Now that he think about it, Claud is surrounded by kids who can be considered as this school's best students. Taehyung here alone is the rank one of their grade if they were to include the special class ranking to the normal one that is. But now that Claud squeezed in their class, the two kid's average are almost the same. Though Claud is higher by some points. So technically, Claud is already the rank one of their grade.

 

"Don't worry teacher Jang. We're here for Claud now. He won't get bullied anymore. I'll make sure to walk him home just to make sure."

 

Dongwoo found himself smiling as Taehyung run to the classroom to sit behind Claud who looked up to him. Taehyung just smiled and Claud nodded.

 

Looks like their Claud's security team have increased, huh?

 

--

 

After their class, Claud is walking down the hallway with his friends who was discussing if they could visit each other's home to hang out. Too bad their situation right now won't allow him to join them. His Dads will freaked out if he were to hang out with his friends.

 

"You sure you can't come, Claud? It'll be fun." Jungkook placed his arm around Claud's shoulder.

 

"I already told you, I can't. And besides, we have so many assignments. Not to mention, the module Teacher Jang gave us is to be passed tomorrow."

 

"Then how about this? We should just go to your house! It's near here right? In that case, you won't be left out as we hang out too right"

 

Claud rolled his eyes. "Aren't we too young to hang out?"

 

"There's no age limit on who could hang out with their friends you know? Besides, we have lots of assignment you say, it'll be easier if we're all together."

 

"But... The apartment we're into now is not ours. For the meantime, me and Daddy Myungsoo is staying in.." He lean towards his friends to whisper. "...uncle Dongwoo's apartment. It's not the usual house we're into."

 

"Why? Where are you staying if you're not there?" V asked. Curious this time.

 

"In Topaz, of course." Claud said proudly. "I can show you our unit in Topaz one of these days, but there's a situation so I can't do that now. I have ducks too."

 

"Ducks?" The four asked and he giggles.

 

"Yeah. It's in Topaz. I wish I could show you."

 

He turn around only to see Myungsoo with his hands inside his pockets and leaning against the wall. The older has been there waiting for him with Dongwoo next to him. He run towards the two and his friends follows.

 

"Daddy Myung!"

 

"Hi Claud. I see you already made friends, dear."

 

The kid nodded shyly as he look at his friends who was looking in awe at Myungsoo. Especially Momo and Sana.

 

"These are my friends dad. This one is V, next to him is Jungkook. Then that girl is Momo and beside her is Sana. Guys, this is my Daddy Myungsoo."

 

The kids bowed and Myungsoo did too. "Hello, how are you guys?"

 

"We're fine, sir! It's nice to finally meet you!"

 

"You were called 'V'?" Myungsoo turned to the kid Claud called V.

 

"It's my nickname. Taehyung is my name, Sir."

 

"Oh. It kinda reminds me of how my other friends call me."

 

"Why Dad? You have more nicknames?" Claud asked his Daddy Myungsoo.

 

"Yes. They call me L."

 

Myungsoo smiled and so did Dongwoo. "Why are you here Daddy Myung? I thought I'll be fetched by some driver?"

 

"I went to the mart to buy some stocks and decided that I should be the one to pick you up, so here I am. Anyway, what are you guys discussing over there?"

 

Claud stands beside him and hold his hand. "Oh, they're planning on hanging out and at the same time, studying. We have lots of assignments, Dad. And they thought it'll be easier if we're all together."

 

"Oh really? That's good. Where are you guys doing it?" Myungsoo asked Claud who just shook his head.

 

"I'm not coming Dad. Daddy Sungyeol might--"

 

"We actually asked him if it's okay to do it in your place, sir... But he refused."

 

Claud eyed Taehyung. "It's not like I can. I already told you, we're staying there temporarily and--"

 

"I don't think your Uncle Dongwoo would mind... Right hyung?" Myungsoo turned to Dongwoo who smiled widely.

 

"Of course not."

 

The four kids high five each other and finally Taehyung slings his arm around Claud's shoulder. "I told you it was okay."

 

"I can't believe you guys at all."

 

"Then come on. I have a car and I think it'll be best to take you guys by it other than walking with your heavy bags at your back."

 

Myungsoo lead the kids to where his car is while holding Claud's hand who was talking with his friends. He can't help it but smile to the situation. Claud is really adjusting well.

 

When they're finally inside the car, Myungsoo took out his phone and placed it in the car charger and connected it in speaker, when suddenly Sungyeol's name was flashing on the screen.

 

"It's Daddy Sungyeol, Dad."

 

The kids lean forward to maybe see the great Lee Sungyeol they all knew about, but Myungsoo slide to answer as he drove.

 

"Love. Where are you?"

 

"Car. Driving. Why? You're on speaker and I have kids with me."

 

He heard paper rustling on Sungyeol's background. "Kids?"

 

"Yep. Kids. Claud's new friends in his new class. They're amazing, Sungyeol."

 

The other let out a chuckle. "I see. Then are you ditching me for the kids? I thought we'll eat lunch outside today?"

 

He rolled his eyes. "Change of plans. Though I think it'll be good for you to eat outside and visit us so you could meet Claud's new friends."

 

"Daddy Sungyeol, I missed you!"

 

"I missed you too, Dear. Actually Love, I was wishing if we could eat here in my office since I'll be having a meeting soon after lunch so I can't really eat out. Since you have kids with you, then I think you should really stay with the kids after all."

 

"You freak. So you're the one cancelling on us?" Myungsoo growled as he turned in the u-turn slot.

 

Sungyeol chuckled again. "I'll be there for dinner though. I wish I could meet the kids until then."

 

The kids at the backseat were celebrating because they'll get to meet Lee Sungyeol if they could stay till dinner. Which Claud smiled to.

 

"I don't think it's good to held the kids till that hour though." He looked at the backseat. "Are you guys okay with that? Your parents could get worried."

 

Taehyung was the one to shook his head first. "It's okay on me. Mom and Dad are overseas and I'm only staying with maids inside our house. I can just call my hyung to tell me where I am so he could pick me up from there." He says. Myungsoo then waited for Jungkook to raise his head from his phone which the kid did after a few seconds.

 

"I already sent my mom a message. So maybe he'll ask my sister studying in WU to pick me up after her classes."

 

The older nod and turn to the two girls. Momo spoke first. "I don't think my sister would mind. She's working till seven. So I'll call her and tell her to pick me up after her work. I can take Sana with me since she says she's at the same neighborhood."

 

Myungsoo dimply smiled at them and turn to Claud and winked as him start to drive again. "You heard that, Sungyeol?"

 

"Loud and clear. Then I'll see you guys later. Bye love. Bye kids!"

 

Myungsoo turned off his phone and continue on driving. "I can prepare an apple pie for your snack once we get home, or do you want us to order pastries from somewhere?"

 

"Oh no, sir. You shouldn't bother--"

 

"I insist, Taehyung-ssi. Now, do you guys have any particular cake shops that you like? Good thing I brought your favorite game from Topaz, Claud. You guys can play a game once you're done with your homeworks."

 

Claud turned to his friends and beamed them a proud smile. "My Daddy Sungyeol may be kind but he's very strict when it comes to my school works. So it won't be a surprise if he check yours too once he's back. I hope by then, you won't mind."

 

"Oh, that's okay. Though I think it'll be next to impossible to see error in my work."

 

Claud smirked at Taehyung who was smirking back at him. Jungkook was laughing beside Momo and Sana who's looking at them. "I see you're pretty good too. I saw your math notebook earlier. You are clean with your solutions."

 

"Math is not that hard, if I may say. It's my best subject."

 

"I see. Then I challenge you to beat me with our Math assignment, do you accept?"

 

Myungsoo is watching the two from his rearview mirror and at the same time amused, as he sent messages for Woohyun and Howon.

 

--

 

On the other hand, as Sungyeol hang up his hand phone, his intercom beeps for the incoming call from his secretary. Maybe one of his friends came to visit.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Sir? Mr. Kim Sunggyu is here. Should I send him in?"

 

"Yes please."

 

Few seconds later, Sunggyu graces his office, hands inside his pockets. "Lunch?"

 

"Why are you here? I thought Woo don't have classes during this hour?" he said as he let down the papers from his hands.

 

"He doesn't have classes but Myungsoo called him before I did, so technically, I've been ditched."

 

"Myungsoo called him? But I just had a talk with Myungsoo before you came in."

 

"Dongwoo called Howon to maybe help Myungsoo hosting the kids in their apartment. I dare you to call Howon's department and ask for him. I'm sure he's no longer there."

 

He grabbed his phone and dialled the Design Department where Howon is the head of.

 

"This is Tzuyu."

 

"Tzuyu? Howon's secretary?"

 

"Yes sir. Sir Howon just went out grabbing his keys, Sir. He says he's doing a half day today."

 

"What the--- who called him before he went out?"

 

"I believe it's Mr. Kim Myungsoo, Sir. President Lee Sungyeol's fiance."

 

"Well, Tzuyu. I think you're new... Are you?"

 

Sunggyu was trying so hard on holding his laugher because of the innocence of the receiver of Sungyeol's call. His tall friend rolled it's eye, irritated now.

 

"Yes sir. Why?"

 

"Because as soon as you picked up this phone you should probably know that it's the PRESIDENT calling. Am I right?"

 

The other line went silent for awhile before he heard a gasp. And before the other line says their apology, he hang up.

 

"I can't believe we have untrained employees here." he then pressed his intercom. "It's me. May I know who's at the HR right now?"

 

"Sir?"

 

"Who's conducting an interview at the HR Department? Untrained employees should be fired immediately. Don't let slow people answer my calls! I just called Howon's Design Department only to be answered by someone who doesn't even know me?"

 

"We will call the HR Department Head, Sir. Please wait a mo---"

 

"Don't bother. I want this call to be a warning. I don't want innocent people answering calls for the bosses, do you understand? I don't want losing face just because someone inexperience is on the end of our line."

 

"Y-Yes sir!"

 

He massaged his nose bridge with an obvious annoyance and irritation. Sunggyu is looking at him, amused. He does heard before that his friend is strict with everything around him, especially to his people. Though he may be the best boss around because compared to the other bosses of LGC, Sungyeol is the most harmless one. But seeing how he handled things and how he got irritated over some innocent girl picking up his call under Howon is something that really surprised him.

 

"Are you ordering to fire people without letting their department head's know first?" the older asked as he sat down on the receiving area of that office.

 

"I will. But I'm in a good mood before that call, so I don't really wanna ruin it."

 

"Why?"

 

"Claud is making friends now. I've been ditched because Myungsoo and Claud will be hosting his friends in Dongwoo-hyung's apartment now. Maybe that's why Dongwoo-hyung called Howon to help Myungsoo and probably called your Namu." he says teasing as he grabbed his coat and wallet.

 

"I see we both got ditched."

 

"I know right." they went out of his office and ordered his secretary that they'll be out for lunch. "All personal calls must be directed to me. Understand?"

 

"Yes sir."

 

As Sungyeol pressed the down button, the elevator flew open making him nearly gasp by his cousin's face. Sunggyu doesn't hide his own emotion as he saw the one inside the elevator.

 

"Jinki?!"

 

"Woah, Sunggyu. What's with the foreign name you're calling me?"

 

"Um..."

 

"You used to call me with my nickname. I'm Onew, right?"

 

"Uh, yes. Sorry. I was surprised by you." Sunggyu exchanges glance with the two cousins. Sungyeol managed to keep himself together though and stepped inside the elevator.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"I feel like seeing your face, cousin. So I decided to drop by to ask you out for lunch."

 

"That won't be necessary. Sunggyu got here first, so I'm entertaining him."

 

"I don't mind tagging along." he clings his arm around Sunggyu's shoulder and thank God Woohyun isn't there or else. "And I know our friend here wouldn't mind either. Right, Gyu?" the older nodded.

 

"What are you doing here anyway? I didn't heard you were coming too."

 

Onew flashed his cousin with that smile he hates the most. "Now you know, though. I'm here to join the discussion about what reached us, you know? I never would've thought that you'll be this way. Maybe educating you in Spain didn't helped--"

 

"Tell me more of that and I'll kick you out, I swear."

 

Onew pulled back his arms and lift it as a sign of surrender. "I was just saying you know? That gave me quite a shock, that's all." then he smiled again. "Anyway, dear cousin, I saw him."

 

Sungyeol stopped as he was about to stepped out from the elevator. Even Sunggyu stopped and take a look at Onew who now put his hands inside his pockets with that smirk on his face.

 

"You saw who?" the taller kept his poker face as he asked that question and prayed that his intuition is wrong. But the smile on his cousin's face is telling him otherwise.

 

"Kim Myungsoo." they then exited the elevator and Onew continued as they stop for awhile on one of the corner there. "I saw him coming out from your unit in Topaz."

 

What the hell was Myungsoo doing there? "But to my bad luck, Sungjong came out from his own room and I didn't even get to know his name from him."

 

"Then how did you know that it's Sungyeol's Myungsoo?" he thanked Sunggyu for asking the question in his head and waited for Onew's answer.

 

"Because of Sungjong's action. He came rushing to get Myungsoo away from me as soon as he saw me beside him. And I called your security personnel in Topaz. That confirms everything."

 

The one who receives call from Jinki is definitely fired. Stupid stupid--- "So? What do you mean by you saw him?"

 

Onew shrugs his shoulder. "I can say that he probably saw me as TROUBLE. He backed away as soon as I touched him--"

 

"You what?" Sungyeol gave him a glare and Onew once again put his arms up as a sign of surrender.

 

"TO help him, geez. I was about to help him but he backed away as I was about to do that." he straighten his stand and lean against the wall behind him. "Though he's my type, I won't lie about that one."

 

"And are you telling me that to pick up a fight?" he rose a brow and Onew just chuckled. Sunggyu is ready to stop the two if ever they decided to fight there and then but he's seriously wishing that there won't be a fight between these two and just eat together like they used to before.

 

"No. I just want you aware that he's my type. Though he's yours and you know exactly why I'm here you er. I wanted to see Key. And how is Woohyun, Sunggyu? I heard you two got married in Paris." he winked to the older. "Congratulations."

 

"Thanks."

 

"Myungsoo is your type type?" Sungyeol insisted and Onew rolled his eyes.

 

"I told you he's my type but he's yours, so just keep on keeping him and never let go. I'm just here to see Key. You know that as soon as you saw me, er."

 

A smiled escaped from Sungyeol's lips as he continue walking with the two trailing behind him. "I'm glad you're not a threat like your Dad, Onew."

 

"And now you're calling me with my name again? Should I feel touched?" he placed one hand over his chest and pouted but Sungyeol only smacked that down.

 

"I'm just saying what's inside my mind. You don't need to be such a er, you know." he smiled. "Anyway, are you really here to see Key?"

 

"Why? Should I be looking for someone else beside Key?"

 

Sunggyu and Sungyeol smiled knowingly to the other and Onew rolled his eye. They got him. "You sure you're not looking for Taemin?"

 

"What the fu---"

 

"I heard you used to be an item before you moved out of Korea to fly back in Canada?" Sunggyu as if singing a song told him and that got Onew beet red.

 

"And if it's Key... aren't he taken? I heard Jonghyun, the owner of that bar he owned now is his lover." Sungyeol added.

 

"And being Lee Jinki... I know you know that basic about Key being taken because that guy tells everything about himself to anyone close to him. Woohyun told me. Who told you Yeol?"

 

"Key told me once I get back from Spain." he smirked.

 

"And being one of his closest friend, I know you know."

 

"Well... ."

 

The two ended up laughing their out for Onew who's as red as a tomato became silent. At least he's not a threat like I thought he is, is what Sungyeol thinks that moment.

 

--

 

A man carefully put some bouquet of flowers over the grave and sit down after he prayed for the deceased.

 

"It's me dear... I just saw your son at school today. I finally found them... though I only saw Claud." the man smirked as he tried to wiped away his tears. "I know it's late for me to make everything right, but thank you for letting fate do its work and let us meet... It means a lot to me."

 

He then took the brown envelope beside him. "I don't know what happens, dear. But he's now Kim Claud. Your cousin's lover adopted him legally though Sungyeol provided some help with his connection to make this happen..."

 

"I'm scared, Princess... I'm scared that it'll be too late for me to tell them how sorry I am for leaving the kids... Scared that they might think the worst of me..." he smirked. "Given the situation and making my nephew do this much kinda tells me that they are already thinking so wrongly of me..."

 

He barely stood up when his phone rings. He answered it quickly and smiled upon reading the name of his caller.

 

"It's me, Sir. I tracked down the location of your grandson, Kim Claud and his guardian Kim Myungsoo. They are staying in Jang Dongwoo's apartment in Jill Jones Apartment. If you're still at WES, it's five minutes away from there."

 

"Thank you. I'll be on my way there."

 

As he hang up, he took one longing look on his daughter's grave and smiled sadly. "Make your son forgive me, Hyori... I know what I'm asking from you is too much after everything that happened... but please make him forgive me..."

 

Tears fell out freely from his eyes as he turned his back on that particular place. He hopped inside his car.

 

"Where are we heading next, Uncle?"

 

He turn to Howon who was eyeing him from the rearview mirror and he sighed weakly as he tried to smile with the younger.

 

"To where you are supposed to be right now, Howon. I know you know where is it..."

 

"I won't get this car moving if you are planning on doing something that will hurt Myungsoo and Claud, Uncle. Even with me driving you around without my friends knowing is making me feel suffocated. I feel like I'm betraying them." Howon turn his whole body to face the older behind him. "What do you want from them exactly? We all thought you are asking for a war because you're completely showing that signs, making Sungyeol panic and all--"

 

"I came here to make everything right. And you will be helping me do that if you just start this car and drive your way to Jill Jones Apartment."

 

He sighed one last time as he decided to send the message he typed ready to be sent to Sungyeol's mobile before starting the car.

 

"Go to where Myungsoo and Claud. Now."

--                                          

A/N: Should I make a double update? Comment below. I know some of you are finding my updates slower than usual, but sorry. I’m having a dilemma whether to give more twist and drama or just let them live happily ever after so I could write a new story involving JONGKEY because I already had the plot for that ready. HAHAHAHA <3