33: Is it too late? ~ Happy Ending means...

WHOLE

A/N: WHAT A NICE DAY TO WAKE UP KNOWING THAT I MADE A MISTAKE UPLOADING THIS CHAPTER ON ANOTHER STORY OF MINE. REALLY, AND I MEAN, REALLY REALLY FCKING NICE. HAHAHAHAHA ANYWAY, PLEASE DO ENJOY! IF YOU SOMEHOW FIND MORE ERROR, TELL ME BY LEAVING A COMMENT BELOW. THANKS~

 

==

 

Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Claud decided to go home to Topaz that day and all they did was to play games, cuddle and everything. They made it to the headlines of the reports both in television and newspapers, but Sungyeol doesn’t give a damn about it at all. All he wanted now is time to recover for him to be able to lead GSSC.

 

The other partnerships of their family have pulled out once they heard Sungyeol will no longer take over LGC, taking GSSC with him as he exited. And as planned, KGC is automatically merging with GSSC alone, leaving LGC behind. Kim Sunggyu announces that he’ll pull everything out and create a new partnership with Sungyeol’s GSSC if the family won’t reach better terms.

 

LGC is in chaos, GSSC is in chaos too because all calls meant for Lee Sungyeol was directed to KGC once he stepped out of the company. Not that the Kim’s mind taking all the calls in for him. But the young heir of Lee’s won’t take calls that time because he’s still thinking about things. He’s trying to forget things that happened that day and damn, he doesn’t even want to remember that.

 

He knows he’ll be meeting Myungsoo’s Dad tomorrow and there’s no way Myungsoo won’t join the meeting because now he knows everything. Claud is being quiet about the issues and just continued being the kid that is lovable for the couple.

 

Sungyeol is now holding Myungsoo tight as Claud sleeps between them, hugging Sungyeol. The taller is sleeping and he doubt if he’ll woke up once he left.

 

He removed Sungyeol’s hold against him and stepped out of the room as he answered the call.

 

“Dad?”

 

“Myungsoo. Are you on your way back here in LGC? We’re all still here. Waiting for you.”

 

He sighed in relief having that call. That can only be mean that everything that happened back there was planned. So the plan is still on the go, Myungsoo thought and he really sighed in relief as he loosen up one button from his polo.

 

“What’s happening there?”

 

“As expected, everything is in chaos and we are trying our best to calm the partners down. Making them understand the situation. So tell me, are you on your way back here?”

 

When Sungyeol took him for the fourth time and sleeps, he decided to call Sungyeol’s father. And he may not have every information he needed, but he knows that it’s worth his time to listen. This could save both LGC and GSSC being separated. This could lead them doing all the partnerships without being separated.

 

Sungyeol may thought he got everything covered, but no. Because Myungsoo is the one doing things behind his back. He just can’t shut up and be protected like how Sungyeol liked it. He’s still Kim Myungsoo. The heir of the involved family.

 

“I’ll be right there.”

 

He grabbed his keys and went out of their unit.

 

--

 

Once he’s inside the room, everyone has their eyes on him. Sunggyu, Woohyun, Sungjong, Dongwoo and Howon are all there. In perfect attendance so he smiled.

 

“You’re all still here?”

 

His friends just nodded as he sat down across to where Jungyeop is. “Now that you know that he’s this willing to leave everything behind just so he could have me and Claud, tell me something that could maybe save us all in miseries, Mr. Lee Jungyeop.”

 

The older smiled and a tear left his eyes. “I knew he’d do this. I just knew it…”

 

“Are we reaching better terms here?” Sunggyu asked. “Because I swear to God, you guys are all playing with fire. Myungsoo, how long have you got this planned?”

 

“I called Sungyeol’s father for help to understand a little about the situation. But I swear I know nothing about Sungyeol’s proposal about me and him being the ones who’ll run GSSC as soon as he pulled it out of LGC. All I know is that, Mr. Lee Jungyeop here is… sorry enough to make everything right and only wanted assurance that Sungyeol could be a good father to his grandson where he failed to show love and affection for…”

 

Everyone remained quiet. “You got what you wanted from him, Mr. Lee… It’s time for you to do what I say. You have to tell Claud and Sungyeol what you just told me… You have to make everything right, sir.”

 

“I know. I know that, Myungsoo-ssi.”

 

Myungsoo nodded and took the older’s hand for assurance. “If you only pour your hearts out, you’ll be forgiven, Sir…”

 

“How will we have Sungyeol to listen when this happens?” Woohyun asked confusedly. “Knowing Sungyeol, he will never listen to whoever that hurt him and the people around him.”

 

 

“We’ll just have to make him listen.” Dongwoo said firmly. “We have to make him listen.”

 

“How?”

 

--

 

Sungyeol and Claud woke up looking for Myungsoo. But the other is nowhere to be found. Sungyeol decided to make late lunch for him and Claud who was hungry.

 

“Yerin-noona is not home too, Dad.”

 

“Yerin must have gone to college.”

 

“And Daddy Myungsoo?”

 

“He must be out there somewhere.”

 

The kid pouts. “Dad, do you think we could just go out and look for something to eat? I’m really really hungry…”

 

“Fine. Let’s wait for your Daddy Myung to—“ his phone rings and he take a look of the caller. It was Myungsoo calling. “See? By just mentioning his name, he’s already calling.” He took the phone to his ear. “Hello? Where the hell are you?”

 

“Babe, I’m at the xxx xxx restaurant. Let’s eat out today and have fun.”

 

“You went there alone? You could’ve just waited for us to wake up, you know?”

 

“Whatever. Just go here okay? I reserved us a table.”

 

“Fine. We’ll just get ready.”

 

“Okay. I’ll be waiting. And Sungyeol?”

 

“Hmm? I thought you’ll hang up already?”

 

“I love you, okay?”

 

He froze. Why does that sounds like he’s saying goodbye. “I love you too, Love. Wait for us, okay?”

 

“I will.”

 

“Claud, hurry up. We’ll meet your Daddy Myung.”

 

“Okay.”

 

The two get themselves ready within fifteen minutes and they’re on the road in twenty. Since the restaurant is a thirty minute drive, it didn’t take much of their time. They immediately asked for the reservation Myungsoo made.

 

“Oh, he booked for a room, sir. Everyone is there already.”

 

“Everyone?”

 

“Yes sir. Follow me.”

 

Claud and Sungyeol looked at each other, confused. Aren’t they meeting Myungsoo only there?

 

They followed the girl who led them in front of a white door. She opened it and bow as the two of them looked around. And for the first time in his life, Sungyeol wanted to kill Myungsoo.

 

For setting him up.

 

“What is the meaning of this?!”

 

He took Claud behind him as the door closes. His phone rings and he answered it not taking his gaze away from his family. “Myungsoo, what the is thi—“

 

“Listen Love, I know you probably hate me now, but you should try to listen to your grandfather and Uncle—“

 

“WITH CLAUD WITH ME?! You have got to be kidding me. At least take Claud wherever you are waiting—“

 

“Love, Claud needs to know everything that he has to say, okay? He has to stay. Promise me you’ll listen.”

 

“If you really wanted me to do this, you could’ve stayed here too!”

 

“But you have to discuss things because you guys are family. Do you understand? Now tell me you’ll listen to your Uncle and make Claud understand everything that is happening, okay?”

 

“KIM MYUNGSOO!”

 

“I love you. That is why I did this for you… you have to believe me. We won’t be happy if you don’t fix things now, Love.”

 

“BUT I NEED YOU HERE!”

 

“If you think you can no longer do it, I’m at the restaurant across the street… you’ll just have to run to me… And I promised to keep you safe from here. Okay?”

 

Sungyeol’s defenses melted as Myungsoo said those words. Myungsoo is exerting this much effort just to make things right. But will this really save him and his family?

 

He decided to sit down beside his mom, pulling Claud on his left side. “I don’t have much time, so if you wanted me to listen to some rubbish, you succeeded on making me go here, so talk.”

 

His Uncle sigh and he can see his hands are shaking. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

 

“Okay… I’ll start on what my reason for leaving the kids—“

 

“Do you really have to say that? The reason for you leaving the kids is because you don’t want them because they’re carrying out their father’s name and because my cousin married a man whom you never approved of.”

 

“NO! That is not the reason, Lee SUngyeol!”

 

Claud held his hand and hid behind him. “Then what?! And damn you, don’t you raise your voice on me and when Claud is here! You’re scaring him!”

 

“Sungyeol-dear, please…”

 

Silence envelopes the room. Sungyeol gripped the hand of the kid back. “Keep talking or else we’re leaving.”

 

“Please Sungyeol, you have to believe me… I left the kids because the parents of their father says it’ll be okay to keep the twins with them. I asked if we could at least keep one—“

 

“What are they? Puppies?”

 

“Don’t interrupt me please…” Sungyeol stare back and rolled his eyes. “So we asked to keep one, but the twins never wanted to be separated. So I said okay to their father’s parents. We promised to send them money for the kids and continue doing so up until now…  not knowing that the kids are no longer on their side… we didn’t know that they were given to an orphanage Sungyeol… you have to believe me.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“We continue giving them money for the kids. But we never know that as soon as we fly back abroad, they left the kids to an orphanage but continue taking the money we are giving for the kids… Sending money regularly is the only thing I know to at least repay my sins even though I know it won’t suffice… and only God know how much I wanted to keep the twins with us, but their father’s family doesn’t think otherwise so we have to agree to them…”

 

“W-When did you find out that the kids are no longer on their side?”

 

“When I saw Claud in the school… I know it was him, though he’s seven years old now, I know it’s him because he has his mother’s eyes.” He looked fondly to the kid who lowered down his gaze. “And that smile of his…”

 

“And what did you do? Where is Hyori-noona’s grave?”

 

“In the family mausoleum…”

 

“She’s there?”

 

“Yes; Where else could she be taken? She’s still my daughter, Sungyeol.”

 

“Then where is their father?”

 

“He was taken by his family, of course.”

 

Sungyeol went quiet for a second and lift up his head again to meet his Uncle’s eyes. “Then you are saying that you’re sending money for the twins yet their father’s family doesn’t really—“

 

“Yes. And God, I swear Sungyeol, I never knew until now. All I wanted is to be someone my grandchildren could lean on whenever… I even left them my card and whenever they call me just to ask for money, may it be for the twin’s medication, check-ups and whatever, I’ll give them money without hesitation because they said the kids needed it, I will send them immediately. And Sungyeol… I never knew that Cleo was… “

 

His Uncle sobs and Claud got off his seat only to held his Uncle’s hands. “It wasn’t your fault that my sister died, Mister… please stop blaming yourself.”

 

Sungyeol run his palms through his face. “Where are they?”

 

“Who?”

 

“These kids’ father’s family?! Where in hell are they?!”

 

“Don’t worry about them, Sungyeol. I already took care of them… let’s forget about them already.”

 

Sungyeol bit his lips as he stands only to hug his Uncle as he cries. “I-I’m so sorry, Uncle… I really am—“

 

“Don’t be, Sungyeol. I’m at fault here no matter how you looked at it. I still let them have the kids. And honestly, I really don’t want to keep them because of their names… but Cleo…” the old man bit his lips. “If I only insisted to keep the kids… this wouldn’t happen… maybe you’re right about the fact that I still can’t accept the reality that my daughter died and these kids are carrying a name that was never approved by me…”

 

His Uncle sobs and so did Sungyeol. Claud smiled as he watched the two reached better understanding. They remained quiet and let the two in their own worlds.

 

“Does this mean… we’re okay now? No one is pulling things out?” his grandfather asked.

 

“Guess we are… but I still won’t send Claud to Spain to study there—“

 

“I only wanted to see on how far you could go to keep Claud, Sungyeol… I have no means of taking Claud in Spain just so he could study.” A paused before he continued as he looked into his nephew’s eyes. “I was waiting if you will send him back in Spain and maybe once you did, It’ll be more easier for me to take him from you… but you didn’t.”

 

Sungyeol eyed his Uncle Jungyeop full of disbelieve. “Really?”

 

“Yes. You can keep him and marry Myungsoo. I’m okay with it.”

 

That broaden his smile and hugged his Uncle once again. “Thanks Uncle… you don’t know how much this means to me…”

 

“I know, dear. But no need to thank me, it was Myungsoo who did all the eye opening thingy here… he loves you.”

 

“Of course he does…”

 

They all laugh and Sungyeol suddenly thought of something. “Mr. Starling… where is he? Claud do you remember where they—“

 

“No… I don’t remember.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Me and Cleo was never there in father’s funeral… we’re not allowed to see them as they bury him…”

 

“What do you mean by that? You haven’t seen your Dad’s funeral too?!”

 

“Yes Dad…” Claud lowered down his gaze. “We were kept hidden in a room where foods only come to us… and by then, they already told us that they’ll take us to an orphanage as soon as father was buried…”

 

“What the is wrong with their heads!?”

 

“Sungyeol, calmed down!”

 

“Father was never in good terms with them, Dad… I remember some time when father’s family came to ask for money… Dad gave them enough so they could leave us alone, but that never happened.”

 

“Dear I know you’re only four that time, but you’re only proving to me that you’re a genius because kids who can remember their childhood days are the smartest… but please do tell me more about it. Do you mean to say that, they only came to ask for money?”

 

The kid nodded. “They know that Mommy is rich. And thought that they could ask for money every time they want. But as soon as they know that Mommy is no longer supported by her family, they got mad… causing for Dad to send her to London where she receives a job. As a teacher there.” Claud smiled. “Father told us enough and so did mom before they died so we know this much… and he says that when they got us…” Claud’s eyes glistened. “when they got us… it was the best day of their lives…”

 

“So Mr. Starling came from a—“

 

“Opportunist family.”

 

He glared to his grandfather. “Mr. Starling/Daddy is never like that, Grandpa!”

 

Both Sungyeol and Claud said and the two looked at each other. Their grandfather raised both arms as a sign that he was sorry. “But still, his family are opportunist. They know that Hyori came from a wealthy family and tried to coaxed money from us which they did from your Uncle knowing that his grandchildren are there with them.”

 

“But now that we know this truth, we will never give them money that they wanted.” His uncle said sternly as he held Claud’s hands. “I’m so sorry Claud… I really am.”

 

“Don’t worry about it, Mister… I know that if Dad, Mom and Cleo were alive, they could’ve forgiven you too…” Claud hugged the man tightly and the other cried. “But please let me stay with Daddy Sungyeol and Daddy Myungsoo… I’ll be fine with them.”

 

“Of course dear… of course. And welcome back to the family.”

 

--

 

Myungsoo went outside of the restaurant which was across the street to where the restaurant Sungyeol and the others are. His friends followed him close behind as he went out. They all stood there as they waited for Sungyeol and his family went out. It’s a busy street and cars are passing by.

 

He finally takes a glimpse of Sungyeol and Claud walking hand in hand as they went out of the restaurant. Myungsoo smiled as he waved back to Claud who gave him a wave as soon they went out. Sungyeol is looking at him thankfully and he just smiled.

 

“Maybe things ended well.”

 

“Judging their reactions, I know it ended well.”

 

He nodded to what Sunggyu said. “Is Claud trying to tell me something?”

 

He asked because the kid was like shouting from the other side. “Guess he is.” Woohyun said.

 

He stands near the pedestrian. “What is it again, Baby?!”

 

“I SAID… DAD AND GRANDPA JUNGYEOP IS OKAY NOW, DAAAAD! YOU TWO CAN FINALLY MARRY EACH OTHER NOW!”

 

He tilted his head. Not really heard everything the kid said. “What?! I CAN’T SEEM TO HEAR EVERYTHING, BABY! ONE MORE TIME!”

 

Sungyeol smiled and was about to repeat what Claud just said when he noticed a car fastly approaching the side of Myungsoo. And when he thinks his heart is on its weakest when he’s having a heart attack, a car hitting Myungsoo almost killed him on the spot as he tried to save the younger.

 

“MYUNGSOO!”

 

“DAD!”

 

But it was too late.

 

--

 

A/N: *sing* If happy ever after did exist~

 

BA-BAAAAAAM! This ends my double update. I’m not rushing to end this fic, but just so you guys know, I’m starting a new JongKey Fic. If you’re interested, you guys could visit my profile and check out on the title, “He, who changes EVERYTHING”.