Chapter 2

Into His Eyes

Minho's P.O.V.

I can't believe I saw him for the first time in 3 years. If I had known that he was going to show up in my life again, I would have... Well, I don't know what I would have done. But I do know that I would have tried to make it seem like I'm not miserable without him. That I haven't dream't of holding him like he's never left. 

It's all my fault really. I was the one that broke his heart. I was the one who was too cowardly to admit that he means more than the world to me. And everyday I regret it. 

My mother has been rapping at my door, asking whats wrong, but I chose to ignore her until she eventually gave up. After another agonizing hour to just me and my thoughts, I heard another timid knock at my door. 

"Minho? I know you're in here. Open the door, your mother said that something is wrong." I heard a familiar voice. Jongin. My best friend from the 9th grade all the way to present time. He still sticks around to my mopping and for that, I am eternally grateful.

I get up from my bed to open the door to a smiling Jongin. "Hey." He said carefully, as if I would break down any second. And I felt I would. 

I opened the door wider and stepped aside to let him in. Jongin happily stepped into the dark room to my bed, where he padded the area next to him. "I heard that you were depressed. Did something happen?" He asked.

"No it's just," I paused. "I saw HIM today. I finally was beginning to get over him and then he just suddenly appears." I looked into my hands, not wanting to face him. I felt a kind hand rub circles on my back. 

Though that was a lie. I probably will never get over him. Especially now that I know he's so close to me. 

"You know, you can still get over him. Now that you met him, you can finally recollect yourself. It's like closure," Jongin says. 

"Yeah, but I still like him," I said. Then a thought suddenly hit me. Since he doesn't remember me, that means that he doesn't remember the break up. "Hey, Kai. Maybe, since he doesn't remember me, maybe I can meet him like new and then we can be back together again?" 

I felt Jongin tense, but thought nothing of it. "I don't know. Because if he hangs out with you, maybe he will remember the break up and what you did to him? You don't want him to re-live that again, do you?" I heard him say in a questioning tone. I looked up at him slowly in surprise. 

Maybe he was right. Maybe I really wasn't mean't to be with him again. Because if he doesn't remember me, then that means that he got over me a long time ago. 

"Yeah," I looked down again. "Maybe you're right. I wasn't meant to be with him again after all, huh?" 

Jongin rubbed my back once again. "Yeah well, I have to go. See you soon." He says, getting up. That's strange. Usually he would stay and listen to my complaining until I cheer up and we end up watching drama TV shows. 

Maybe it's because of his new lover, I thought. He never admits it, but I know that he's found someone. I can tell by the way he looks down at a new message and smiles largely. 

Well at least he has someone, I thought. 

~*~

Taemin's P.O.V.

I can't believe I saw him. Choi Minho, the one whom I have tried and tried again to get over, and eventually did a year ago. 

He looked way more mature than when I last seen him. Though the last time i have seen him was when I was dumbed brutally by the man I used to call my lover. But now, I am fully over him.

You may be wondering why I pretended I didn't know him. Well, its because I can't act as if I know him, that I knew him like the back of hand; when I was sure that he didn't even remember me. He couldn't have. I know that back in college that he had a few lovers, but I thought it stopped with me. I was stupid enough to believe that I was good enough to turn a straight man. 

But now, I am dating someone whom I know likes me for who I am. I tend to forget how lucky I am to have him. Kai was very nice to me. He didn't treat me like I was the "Mistress." 

I got up from my spot on the couch and moved to the master bedroom. 7:30 a.m. This is around the time that Kai should get up. I walked to the large bed and jumped on the large lump. I heard a grunt come from under the covers and I giggled. Kai then sat straight up and pulled me to where I am under the covers. This made me giggle even more. 

Me and Kai just lay there, getting the feeling of being in each other's arms while it lasted, because we knew we had to get up soon. "I love you, you know," he said, still staring at the ceiling. 

I let out a content sigh, "Me too." And it was true. I will love him to the end of the world, and I'm sure it's the same for him. Now that I'm over Minho, I can finally get rid of this slump I was in for the past 3 years. With someone whom I knew liked me back. 

I grunted as I sat up into the cold air, away from the warmth of Kai's arms. I walked to the kitchen to make him coffee since I already had some. Kai of course walked to the kitchen counter like a zombie since he got home around 2 hours ago. 

Now he has to head back to work, which I find strange since he just went on a business trip for 2 days, but I don't question it. I'm a barista, so what would I know? Jongin downs the coffee fast and gets ready for work. He gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before he rushes out the door. 

I have until 5:30 p.m. until I have to get back to work, so I have time to do anything I chose. So I chose to go shopping with Key. Key is also a Barista at the club I work at, so that's why we still stay in touch. Kai is usually so busy with work, so we never get the chance to go anywhere. When we do have time, we usually just go on a date. 

I hear a honk outside and rush out to Key's red hatchback. We head to the local mall that is quite big in size, so as always, it's always crowded. 

Key goes on and on about his modeling jobs at vogue and how he met some executive who gave him a pair of shoes. Meanwhile, my mind wonders about my meeting with Minho, and how he looks now. He looks more mature now. He now has short hair instead of long. Well, I guess I changed my hair too, but he always won against me when it came to appearance. 

As me and Key go from store to store, I see a familiar head of brown rush past me. I quickly turn around to find that nobody of the sorts was there, so I turned back around and started to walk towards Key, who didn't stop and kept talking. 

When we have been through just about every desirable store, we started to walk back to the entrance so that we can go get something to eat later, when I saw the same brown figure from before walk behind a directory. I race over towards it and went around the large poster when I saw nobody there. 

Okay, now I'm imagining things, I thought. I turn back around to Key's questioning face and gave him a shrug. He looks at me confused but then drops it and we walk out the mall. We stop by Dairy Queen and sat and ate for a while. After I finish my meal and wait for Key to finish his, I look around the restaurant to find the familiar head of brown hair again. It was a man with a blue fedora hat, glasses, and a big book hiding his face from view.

I stare at the man for a while, the cheekbones looking familiar, but I think nothing of it and we leave the place. Key drops me off at me house as I look at the clock on the living room wall to find that it's 4:00 p.m. I quickly get into the shower and get dressed in my uniform. 

I head off to the Club by foot, since it's not far from our house. The club I work at is called The Blue Oyster Club. It's actually a pretty clean place, despite the name, except for the occasional man who thinks it's alright to drug innocent people, so we pay extra attention to our customers and their well-being. 

As I was walking to my workplace though, I felt eyes on me for the longest time, but thought nothing of it and kept walking. 

I walked it though the back of the club and signed in then said my greetings to everyone. As I start to help prepare for the opening of the night, Key walks in and immediately starts talking on the phone with his boyfriend. I like them as a couple, I really do, but it is still kind of weird when I found out that he had a crush on me when we were in college, but Key whipped him in shape and now they are madly in love. When I think about it, I realize that Key and Jonghyun are doing better than me, even though I was one of the reasons why they are together. Not to brag, but I helped Key realize his feeling towards him, but I'm am very happy for them.

It's 8:30 p.m. and the club is about to start. There should be a line already formed outside, so me and Key get our drinks ready, double-check, then most of the security guards head outside to man the doors and to lead people into the private rooms. Private rooms are expensive though, so only the rich and famous go up their from a private entrance since some of them are still in hiding. 

The time at the club goes by quickly, but I still feel a strong vibe coming from the club that's directed towards me, but it usually happens when some of the guests try to hit on the Baristas. I look up at the clock and it's around 2:00 a.m., so me and Key head out when the new workers come in. I turn on my phone to see a few messages from Kai. I say goodbye to Key and make my walk home as I read the messages. 

7:30 p.m.: Hey I just got home. Ordered pizza so if you want any, they're in the fridge.

9:30 p.m.: I'm going to bed lover ;) goodnight! If any erts come by, tell them to off and have a talk with me!

I look down to my phone and smile. As I walk into the house, I make sure not to make any loud noises as I go into the bedroom and strip down to my boxers. I crawl into bed next to Kai's sleeping form. As soon as I get settled, Kai moves around and immediately wraps his arms around my torso so that my face is pressed against his bare chest. 

This warming action makes my eyes droopy, so I close them and fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.