Chapter 5

Into His Eyes

Taemin's P.O.V.

As Minho drives into the more "modern" side of the city, my mind wanders to the scene at the restaurant again. It's all I can think about right now. Has Kai ever loved me in the first place, or has he gotten tired of me? How did he meet Kyungsoo?

Or better yet, why has Minho agreed to take care of me? Is it from pity? Who is Kyungsoo anyway? From what I could have seen, he is another one of Kai's "lovers," if he even has that many.

"Taemin!" My head snaps around to Minho who is looking at me expectantly. "Jesus, I have been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes! We're here," he says, gesturing to the large building in front of us.

Wow. That was all I can say. Just, wow. It would take my whole life's salary to live in this place. What kinda job does he have to afford this place? Or I guess his parents must of bought him this. 

I hear a door close and look over to see that Minho is waiting for me on the curb in front of his car. I quickly get out of the car and stand next to Minho while not taking my eyes off of the building. We walk in and find the lobby to be the assorted colors of grey and puke yellow, which actually isn't that bad looking if I'm being honest. I look over to the front desk and see a woman in uniform smiling kindly at Minho. As soon as she looks over at me though, her smile falters a tad before it goes back to the way it was.

We step into the glass elevator and a businessman quickly steps on before the door closes. The man's eyes were glued to his phone so he didn't see that I was standing exactly where he was headed, the corner of the elevator. The man crashed into me and his phone poked the middle of my chest. He murmured a "sorry" while I rubbed my chest.

Before I can say anything, the man's head whipped around to Minho to see his face filled with surprise, fear and... disgust? "Ah, Minho. Why haven't you been picking up my calls," the man asked.

"I thought I told you to, and I quote, ' off and get a life'," Minho countered. The man's face moulded into a scowl and he whipped around to me. He looked me up and down slowly with a look of disgust.

"So is this another one of your 'hook-ups'?"

"What does it matter to you?"

"well your popularity sure has spiked," he turned to me again, "I would run while you still can."

"Why don't you go cheat on your wife or something. He's got nothing to do with this." And with that, the door to the tenth floor opened and Minho grabbed my arm to bring us into the hallway. The elevator doors closed before I can look at the man again. Minho let go of my arm and started to walk down the hallway, so I quickly follow.

So, Minho has had many people come home with him I presume? And he has hooked-up with that business man before? Well, you learn new things everyday I guess? Is he a top or a bottom? I slapped the side of my face as I started to blush furiously. Why the would I think of that?!? What is wrong with me???!!

Minho stopped in front of a door near the end of hall and turned to look at me curiously. "What's wrong? Did that whole thing freak you out? Look, I'm really sorry you had to see that, but it's really not what it looks like. We just had a drunken night, I swear," He explains as he scratched the back of neck.

Why is he making up excuses for me? It's not like I didn't already know that he must have a ton of people on their hands and knees for him. I mean, just look at him. You gotta admit he's attractive as hell. Not that I would think of that- oh nevermind I'll just shut up.

I wave him off and he turns around to open the door. As I step inside, awe takes over again because not only is the place a rendition of a Pinterest room, but the colors also match the ones of the lobby.

"Yeah, sorry that it's kinda dusty. I have been with my parents for a while because... my mom had a fever. And when my parents got it for me, they made the apartment manager style it because they already own the building, so..." he trails off. I knew he was lying about why he wasn't here, but he's obviously uncomfortable talking about it, so I won't ask. Yet.

"That's fine, so long as it has a fridge, bed and TV, I'm cool with it," I say, making a bad joke which he gladly laughs at.  up.

Minho takes my stuff and leads me to the guest room. He shows me around the apartment and I see that he has nothing really personal around here. The only thing I found that shows that this place has a living organism in it is the few pictures he has on a table in the hallway of his family. I guess he doesn't hoarder any of his stuff like I do.

I get up from my place seated on the bed and I see some stuff on top of a shelf. I look around and grab the desk chair to try and reach it but Minho walks into the room with clean sheets, blankets, and a pillow. Before I can react, Minho races over to me and throws the things into m arms.

"You can't move so much! The doctor ordered for me to keep you in this bed and that is exactly what I'm going to do. So Just stand there and hold these while I make your bed," Minho says as he sets the chair back into place and grabs the sheets.

After Minho makes the bed, I thank him before going through my suitcase to hang up clothes. Minho then interjects again and insists that he puts up everything for me. Too tired to argue, I let him do that while I lie down. Minho hands me a pair of pajamas and boxers (to my embarrassment) and starts to leave before stopping at the door.

"Let me know if you need anything. Are you hungry? Because I have enough stuff to make curry if you want," he asks. My stomach growls, answering for me and Minho chuckles in a deep voice. "Okay, I'll make it while you change," he says with a smile still stained on the side of his lips.

I get changed and lay in bed while he makes dinner. So I guess we're both just gonna ignore what happened at the restaurant. It's not like I wanna talk about it, but I really wish that he didn't hear anything. I don't want him to see me as he did in college. A weak kid who doesn't know what he wants, only what he doesn't want.

When I start to drift off, I get up out of my bed, with a struggle, and go down into the kitchen. The smell of curry covers the air, making my stomach yell out in want.

Minho turns around to see me sitting at the table. "Didn't I tell you not to move," he scowls. I roll my eyes. "I just walked from there to here, it doesn't matter. You're overreacting!" He rolls his eyes back and puts his attention back to the curry.

After about five minutes of me having a slow death as he takes his time with the food, Minho puts the curry and rice on an oval shaped plate. I thank Minho and immediately start digging into the food that just melts in my mouth.

"This it really good," I praise with a moan. He chuckles and sits across from me in the chair near the kitchen counter. Once I have had two servings of curry and rice, my stomach is satisfied, so I quickly clean off my plate and place it in the dishwasher.

Minho had already finished before me and was already watching TV in the living room. I walk over to him and awkwardly stand next to the side of the couch. Minho's eyes slowly get off of the soccer game and look over to me expectantly.

"Um, thank you for.. everything I guess. Imma go to bed." I say while fiddling with the end of my t-shirt. He gives a warm smile in return. "You're welcome. It's the least I could do," he says, his head already turned back to the TV screen. Then it hit me. The least you can do? What does that mean? So he DID hear everything and now he's just pitying me?

I simply nod and head straight to the guest room. I turn off the light and sit on the bed while I plug in my phone. I start to lay down and I turn off the lamp on the nightstand. I start to think about what he said but am too tired to think about it too much and I doze off.

~*~

The sun from the large window is the first thing that I see when I open my eyes. As I start to blink to regain my eyesight, I look around Minho's guest bedroom. I check my phone to see that it is nine in the morning. Next to my phone is a picture a post-it note with Minho's handwriting. Yes, I know his handwriting. It's only from college so relax.

Hey I have an interview today until 11:30 so there is breakfast in the microwave

I then get up and go to the kitchen. I heat up the food and turn on the TV. Since I didn't get to look around the apartment last night due to my exhaustion, I decided to do so. I look around the modern furniture and realize that this place is a lot bigger than I originally thought. I looked this place up online and realized that the entire floor is it's own room, so that's why the building is so tall. When I looked strayed down into the hallway more, I passed by Minho's bedroom.

I pondered on if I should enter or not, but Minho would never find out if I did. So, I opened the door that was slightly ajar and it felt like I was in a horror movie. The room was pitch black and if i didn't know any better, I would say that a zombie is going to run out or something. I ran my hand along the wall next to the doorframe in search of the light switch. When I did find it however, I realized that that was a huge mistake.

There was clothes thrown on the ground and the curtains were only half-hung on the bar, like someone threw it open too hard. The bed was disorganized and it smelled like... dare I say... . It was weird. Like no one has entered this place in ages. As I got even more uncomfortable, I slammed the door and walked down the hallway, acting as if that didn't happen.

When I got to the end of the hallway, there were these double doors with granite glass that covered the whole wall. I opened both of the doors and swung out as if I was a Disney princess singing about a prince that is going to come save me. If only.

The balcony was fairly large and had a few chairs surrounding a table. I decided to sit down and look off the white metal railings down at the city. The height was just good enough to where the people on the streets couldn't see me, but it wasn't so high, that it was crazy windy.

After looking around a bit more, my mind starts to go back to Kai again. Thinking about why he did it. Why he chose Kyungsoo over me.

Why, Kai? Why doesn't anyone chose to stay with me? Maybe I can be a bit too clingy, and I get irritated easily, but am I THAT unbearable? No. I refuse to let you go. Maybe this is just a test to see if I am strong enough to not give up. And that is exactly what I am going to do. You can't just leave me. What am I going to do? I can't let go of things easily, so why did you let it end this way? 

I can feel my eyes watering as tears slid down to the bottom of my chin. Before I know it, I'm bawling silently and I fall to my knees, not even caring where I am.

After a while, I can hear the double doors opening, but don't look up because I already know who it is. My college crush. I hear feet rush over to me and arms wrap around me. I am so out of it, that I don't even react. I just let Minho rock me back and forth as I show him my weakest side. I can hear the murmurs of Minho comforting me, but I can't hear a single thing. The only thing I can think about is Kai.

Before I know it, I am being lifted to my feet and helped inside to me bedroom. Minho practically carries me to my bed as I sit in silence. My sobbing stopped. As Minho is about to leave, I swiftly grab his arm.

"Please. Don't leave."

Minho just stands there. Pondering on what he should do. He eventually gives up and I scoot over so that he can lie beside me. We lay facing each other and I scoot closer so that my head is resting on his chest. He doesn't protest and wraps a hand around my back. More sobs escaped my mouth.