Chapter 4

Into His Eyes

Minho's P.O.V.

Taemin? I thought.

Confusion was crossing my mind as I watched Taemin start to walk to the front door. Taemin suddenly stopped when he was next to me, probably sensing my staring. He looked over to me and a look of shock and sadness crossed his face before he half smiled. His mouth opened like he was going to say something but his eyes suddenly rolled back. He started to fall backwards but I catch him before he can fall.

I gently lay him down on the ground and start to shake him, wanting him to wake up. He only stirred a bit and now that I'm closer to him, I notice that his face is pale so I quickly pull out my phone and call an ambulance. When they arrive, the commotion in the restaurant grows as they all watch as the paramedics wheel Taemin into their truck.

Since I walked here, I follow into the truck as they close the door and start to drive off. They check his Blood Pressure and his heart rate until we arrive. When they set him up in a room and hook him up to an IV Drip, they go out of the room to check the problems and the treatments.

I pulled a chair next to his bedside and I hold his hand, hoping that he didn't faint from something serious like a faint heart or something. The door opens and the doctor walks in, still looking at his clip board. "Are you family or a friend of him?" The doctor asks. I nod my head. "Okay, well it seems like he fainted due to stress and malnutrition, but he will wake up soon. He seems to be fine, but we will keep him for a few hours to check. Do you know any family members or legal guardians of his that can take care of him because there wasn't an emergency contact anywhere."

"He actually lived with his friend and his parents when is parents passed away, then they passed away, but the friend, Kim Kibum, would help," I offered. The doctor nodded and walked out of the room. 

After a few hours, Taemin started to stir and his eyes slowly opened. I leaned in closer to his bed to where my elbows where laying on the bed and my arms were crossed. His eyes fully opened and he looked around the ceiling confused. His head turned and his eyes focused on the IV Drip. His face dipped lower and our eyes met. 

"Hey," I said. "How are you feeling? You passed out and you are now in the hospital. Do you remember what happened?" He looked around confused and then realization hit him. Sadness and guilt crossed his features. He no longer looks pale, but he still had a red line under his eyes. "Oh," was all he said. He looked like he was holding back tears as he sat up. I reached over to the headboard and clicked the red button. Moments later, a nurse came in. "Hi how are feeling," she asked softly and he just nodded his head. She unhooked his IV Drip and explained to him the details. "So you're going to have to find a close friend that can take time off to help you since Mr. Kim is out of the country." The nurse then turns towards me then back at Taemin. 

"Do you mind if this young gentlemen would take care of you," she asks. Taemin whips his head towards me but he scratches the back of his head. I speak up, "I would love to. Though I have a job interview a week from Friday." "Oh, that won't be a problem. Taemin should be fine by next week at the latest, this is just a precaution. Though a nurse would be coming every now and then to check up on his well being," The nurse says with a smile. "Is that alright with you Mr. Lee?" 

He timidly nodded his head and the nurse brought him his clothes. We walk up to the front desk to check out as I tell the nurse my information. Taemin hasn't said a word and just stands next to me tiredly. You'd think since he was unconscious for a few hours, he would be feeling refreshed. 

We finish up and Taemin starts to walk before me until the nurse stops me. "You better treat him right, he's still a patient", she says. Oh I will.

 

Kyungsoo's P.O.V. 

(a little something for you kaisoo lovers :P)

A mixture of feelings were going through me when I saw them together. Feelings I couldn't describe, but I know that a voice in my head was screaming I told you so. And my conclusions were correct. He didn't love me like he said he did. He didn't love me like I wanted him to and that hurt more than anything. But it also left a feeling of emptiness in me. 

I hit rock-bottom. But you know what they say, "It's only up from here," though I actually don't know what could be up for me anymore. After all, I was a coward, and I denied something that has been going on for too long. Even though I knew about this, even though he warned me that there is nothing more that could happen between us, I always had some hope with me that sticked like a tick. 

I was a fool, and I paid for it. A small part of me thought I deserved this, but then I thought again that no person deserves this. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I guess thats how things work in this world. That people do stupid things and end up having to pay the price, but then again the world wouldn't be where we are now if we were all cautious. Maybe thats what made me walk. To walk into the calm restaurant just to cause a scene. I wasn't in my right mind, but then again never is  anyone. 

Kai's face when I walked up to his table was priceless. It almost made me laugh if I wasn't so heart broken. Then I saw something flash in his eye, but I didn't think anything of it because it was like my brain was on autopilot. It was an out-of-body experience really. I talked to both of them then I felt a stinging in my hand. I looked at Kai's turned face and the shock of it all sent me running out of this place, out of this situation. Cause that's all I can do when I'm in a sticky situation. I run. 

I can hear him calling my name, so I pick up my pace and turn into an alley to try and lose him. When I hide behind a dumpster for a while and I think he's gone, I feel hands grab at my wrist that pull me up and force me into the wall. I look up and see that it's Kai breathing heavily. "Stop running," he says trying to catch his breath. 

"Why are you here," I ask. "Go back to him, cause I know that you love him so why do you always chase me down?" There was a pause between both of us. 

"Because I can't let you go again," He says. "And I don't love him. Not as much as you." His grip on my wrists tighten and I feel his lips press into mine. Damn it, I can't seem to run away from this man, I think. I start to move my lips with his and I feel that spark again. That spark I always feel when I'm with him. It gives me courage actually. It's telling me to never let go. To fight for him. And that's exactly what I plan to do from now on.