Chapter 8

Into His Eyes

Taemin's P.O.V.

My head is spinning as I wake up to find myself in Minho's room and not the spare room. Flashbacks of last night start to come back to me. I remember being at the club and touching Minho on the thigh, but after we got in the elevator, my mind goes blank. I hope I didn't do anything. I look down and see that I am fully dressed and alone so maybe I just fell asleep, but why would I be in Minho's bedroom?

I don't feel sore so maybe nothing happened but I can't help but think the worst. 

I was about to get up when the door opens and Minho walks in quietly with a tray of food. When he sees that I am awake, he smiles cheekily and walks over to my-his bed. I rub my eyes and put the tray over me, thanking him tiredly. 

"So what happened last night? Why am I in your room," I ask while eating. Minho gives me an anxious look as he struggles to find a reply. "Well when we went into the apartment, you-you kind of messed up the living room and when you fell asleep, you fell off the bed like three times and then got back up while asleep. Haha!" He says quickly. 

I feel so awkward with the way he is talking that I can't help but think that he is hiding something. Something DID happen last night that was so bad he can't even speak about it. Does that mean that we... you know... did the do?

Minho rubs the back of his neck which he does when he is hiding someone and then he crosses his legs when he finds me staring at him. 

"Oookaaay," I say awkwardly and get up from the bed slowly. "I think I'm gonna get out for a bit, y'know? My head reaaaally hurts so." Minho stands up as well and rubs his hands on his thighs, "Yeah, no, sure I'll see you later then." "Yeah thank you so much for the food!" And I fast walk out of the apartment and haul it to the elevators. Lucky for me, Key came back last night so maybe he will let me stay with him for a couple of days. 

I get out of the complex and call a taxi. When I arrive to the complex I go up to his apartment and use my spare key. When I walk in, Key is nowhere in sight so I walk over to the couch and flop down, burying my face into his designer pillow. 

I was about to fall asleep again when I got up to get water from the fridge when I drop the plastic cup that was luckily not filled with water. When I bend over to pick it up, I hear frantic footsteps coming from the bedroom and I look up to see Key holding his transparent umbrella towards me, thinking I was an intruder. 

As soon as Key realizes that it is me, he drops his umbrella and runs towards me screaming. He practically jumps on me, making me fall over behind his couch. I then hear more footsteps running out of the room and realize that Key must've been busy with something because I see Jonghyun pop from around the couch with crazy hair and no shirt. 

"What the hell happened?" He yells when he notices that I am rubbing my head in pain and Key is still hugging me. Apparently he's hugging me a little too closely because Jonghyun picks Key up and puts his hand on Key's hip protectively. "Why are you here? I mean no offense but we weren't really expecting you to be here," Jonghyun says as he offers me his hand. I stand up and huff, walking over to the couch again and falling on it face first. 

"Is something wrong? Where is Kai? Did he do something? Do you want to talk about it?" Key came at me with a bunch of questions but I am too tired to talk about it. I just shake my head with my face still into the pillow, not wanting to move and just go back to sleep. Key sighs and pushes a worried Jonghyun back into the bedroom. 

I scrunch my face into disgust, thinking about what they could've been doing if I didn't come. My headache starts to die down a little so I try to fall asleep while it's tame. 

Kai's P.O.V.

I wake up with a start as my ringtone, Lion Heart by Girls' Generation, plays loudly and I feel Kyungsoo shift beside me. I quietly pick up the phone to look at the caller ID and I was about to hang up when I realize that it's Key. 

I know that Key doesn't like me much because me and Taemin were very intimate when we first got together so I guess it looked like I was just using him. Besides he told me straight up that he liked Minho more and I don't blame him. What if he is going to cuss me out? What if he wants to fight me? I don't think I can have him or his muscular boyfriends on my . He can be quite aggressive when he needs to be, trust me I've seen him drunk. 

The only real reason why he has my phone number is because I begged for him to take it just in case there was an emergency regarding Taemin. It came in handy because one time Taemin and him were piss drunk and he called me to pick them up and help Taemin find his phone because their vision was "too blurry to see anything."

I reluctantly answer the phone, "H-Hello?" I ask with a scratchy voice. 

"Hi, can you come get your boyfriend? He was acting weird and has been passed out on my couch for over three hours. I don't know what has happened, but ya'll need to make up because I was wanting some alone time with Jonghyun," Key explains, giving me a little more detail than I needed. 

I twist my face into a mix of shock and confusion. So Key still thinks we're together. I should probably tell him to save myself from future pain. It's better than telling him in person. 

But maybe it's not. It would be better if Taemin told him instead so that he can be more sympathetic with the situation. Yeah, that is exactly what I'm going to do. With that little bit of convincing, I tell Key that I will be right over and he hangs up. 

I quietly stand up, trying not to disturb Kyungsoo but he shifts in his sleep and buries himself harder into the pillow, trying to find comfort. I give a warm smile and kiss his head before I pull on jeans and head out the door. When I get into my car, I drive towards Key's apartment from the maps app on my phone. 

I ring the buzzer to his apartment and Key lets me in. As soon as I walk into the door, Key points to Taemin passed out on the couch and then walks back into his bedroom. I hear him and his boyfriend (I always forget his name) talking and I scrunch my face up in disgust, thinking about what they could've been doing. 

I decide to carry him bridal style out of the complex and once I reach his car, I realize that I don't have any idea where we would be going so I carry him to the park next to the complex. My arms were killing me so I set Taemin down on a park bench, when Taemin starts to sit up and rub his eyes. Taemin looks up and sees me standing over him, but he is too tired to care about anything. 

I sigh and sit next to Taemin, keeping my eyes on the grass. The sky is cloudy and moody, but the air around us is not as tense as I thought it would be. More... relaxing. 

There is a long silence around us as we both look at the lonely park in front of us. "I remember Kyungsoo. We went to highschool together," Taemin says in a quiet voice. I look at him in shock but don't say anything, not expecting much more to be said but he continues. "He sat beside me in Anatomy and we were friends. We were always partners and we would've been close friends if he didn't transfer schools. He was a cute kid, had a bowl cut and was under five-foot-four. I heard that he got bullied but I didn't do anything about it. I should've, though I've never seen it before. 

"One of my regrets was not saying or doing anything about it. Sometimes, I think that dating you was one of my regrets, but no matter how hard I try, I can never find the bad in you. Even though you probably never loved me as much as I loved you, or that you cheated on me, I can never bring myself to hate you and I hate myself for it. Even now I can't help but open up to you about my problems," he explains, his face unreadable and that's when I realize how much this affected Taemin. Usually he wouldn't be afraid to say his hateful opinions to me when I do something but now he just seems tired. Almost broken. 

I hated seeing him like this. Even with all the awful things I did to him, I still can't help but want to comfort him. He was one of my best friends along with being a lover. Of course I love him, but maybe just not the way he wanted. And for that, I hate myself. 

"Who have you been staying with? From the looks of it, it wasn't Key," I say, trying to make him crack a smile. But nothing. 

"Key was out of town but luckily for me, Minho was in that restaurant that day and he took me home. I have been staying with him since," Taemin says, finally sparing me a glance. I tense up when he mentions Minho and I can't help the bubbly feeling of self hatred as I realize what a messed up situation I am in. 

"What? What's with that face?" Taemin asks. "It's just that, me and Minho are friends still. I don't know but I just feel weird." 

Taemin gives a fake forced laugh that is filled with venom. There is another silence between us. "Sooo, is there somewhere you can stay because I kind of have to be back before Kyungsoo wakes up." Taemin tenses when he hears me mention Kyungsoo but quickly goes back to normal and shakes his head. 

I decided it would be best if I called and asked Key to take him in so I did. Just when I pressed "Call," Taemin presses "End" and shakes his head rapidly. "No I can't stay with him. Not when Jonghyun is there. I don't want to be a third wheel. Besides I don't think they'll appreciate my being there," Taemin explains rapidly. 

I sigh for the hundredth time today and begin to call Minho. When I was about to press the "Call" button again, Taemin yanks the phone out of my hand and frisbee's it across the park. Luckily the park is empty and I have an Otter Case on it or else he will be in a lawsuit. Not really but I will be pissed. 

"WHAT THE HELL?!? What did my phone do to you?!?" I yell. "Sorry but I can't be with him right now. It's complicated. Anybody but him, god!" Taemin yells back. 

I stomp across the park to retrieve my phone, whispering curses at Taemin on the way. When I reach it, I hug it and look all over for any cracks but luckily there isn't one. When I walk back to Taemin, I see Taemin laughing at me. The sight of his smile is so bright that I can't help but smile too. 

After Taemin's laughter has died down, I speak up again. "Okay so I will give you four options: It's either Key and Jonghyun, Minho, Me and Kyungsoo, or the street. Which do you prefer?" I ask.

After a great long pause from Taemin, he then answers with, "I would like to see Kyungsoo again. Apologize," and I can't help my face from creeping up in surprise, but I agree and lead him out of the park to my car.