Chapter 3

Into His Eyes

Minho's P.O.V.

My mother finally got sick of my moping around the house, so she forced me to walk around and, I quote, "do something with my life." I guess she means for me to find a job? Either way, that's what I plan to do. I'm sick of still living with my parents.

I walk down the crowded streets of Seoul and try my best to avoid the busy businessmen that completely ignore my presents for the occupant on their cellphone. Since I got a degree in Electrical Engineering, I decided to find a job at Electrical & Instrumentation Commissioning Engineer. Boring job, I know. But it makes money and it's pretty easy to me, so I don't really care. 

As I walk into the building, I go to one of the head managers and set up an interview. A week from Friday. That should be long enough for me to plan. After, I decided to enjoy the unfurnished air while it lasts and shop around for business clothes. 

I walk into Fossil to look for a new blazer for a few minutes then a fair-skinned woman in a tight skirt walks up to me. She is gorgeous, I'll give her that, but I never really have a fondness for anyone anymore. 

"Hi, Welcome! My name is Sulli, Do you need any help looking for anything?" She says in a cheerful, professional persona. She looks at me expectantly when I realize that I have been staring into her large brown eyes for too long. I clear my throat awkwardly, making her smile grow wider. 

"No, thanks. Well actually, I was wondering if you have a blazer that is comfortable, but also professional seeming." I say while adverting my eyes from her to the hung blazers across from me. "Yes, well," I hear from the side of me and a hand comes into view and takes one in front of me. "This one is by J. Peterman, but if you are looking for something a little less pricey, I suggest New York & Company." She says, taking a few blazers from their place on the rack. 

I turn towards her and look at my choices. The ones she picked out seemed nice, and I find it difficult to decide which one because they are all the same charcoal black. "I'll go with this one. Thanks." I say, slowly taking the NY&C one. She gives an accepting smile and puts up the other coats. She then walks over to the empty counter and I follow her. I pay for it and walk out the store feeling her stare on my back, making me almost scurry out of view of the windows. 

When I turn the corner of the street, I find a couple of food stores and so I walk to the Smash Burger from across the street. As I make it to the crosswalk, I feel a couple at the side of me and a flash of white hair. 

Before I have time, I turn around to see a huge crowd of people and no white hair in sight. I sigh and turn around again when the light turns to an orange walking man. I'm Seeing things now. Great.

I walk into the fast-food restaurant and immediately walk up to the counter. I buy a burger and grab my receipt with my number on and find a two-person booth near the window. As I look out the window and look at the people going by, I see a flash of white again, but I ignore it, thinking that it was just my imagination again. 

I hear my number get called and I bring my food to my table. As I was about to sit down, a few booths away from me, I see Kai with a white-haired person across from him laughing. I immediately jump into my seat and throw on my glasses. They are fairly dark, but I can still see their shapes, just not faces. I watch as Kai looks at that person lovingly. So that's their lover. I wonder what kind of person they are? maybe I'll meet them and see for myself if they are worthy of Kai. 

Ten minutes pass and they are still acting lovey dovey, but I don't take off my glasses so that I'm not found out. I wish I could see what they look like though. Just as I think this, I see a short man with brown hair stalk down the pathway and stop at their booth. 

Who is that, I think. I can hear that they are all talking to each other and just as I go to take off my sunglasses, I hear a resonating slap sound. When my glasses are fully off my face, I see Jongin's face turned forcefully to the side and the brown haired man has tears threatening to fall. The white haired mystery didn't seem to move an inch. 

I then see the smaller one leave and Kai chases after him, leaving the white haired one all by himself. Ooh, Drama, I think. I'm not really one for drama when it comes to me, but I find an interest when I'm not involved. 

I look back to see that they have both left the store. I don't follow them and look back at the white haired man getting from his seat. I looked at the stunned man as tears threaten to fall. I look at them and I never want to see that expression on him again. Our eyes meet and I freeze in my chair and he stops walking.

Taemin?

Taemin's P.O.V. 

Me and Kai walk down the street with his arm around my shoulder. After shopping for a while, we settle to get some food. As we walk around for a place, we decide to go back and go to Smash Burger. We order our food and sit down in a small booth with us facing each other.

 We start talking about random things until our number gets called and Kai gets our food. When we are near to finish our food, a short man with brown hair walks to our table and just stares at Kai.

As I take a closer look, I see that the man has red under the line of his eye and purple at the corner of his eye. That, and he also just looks sad. 

Kai slowly looked up to him and I saw a look in his eye that said exactly what I wanted him to say to me. There was a longing in both of their gazes and never had I felt more out of place. He looked mortified. Like he made a huge mistake that he now has to fix. 

"Well," the man spoke in a whisper. "It seems you got yourself busy." He left out a forced chuckle and a crooked smile that soon went away. 

Kai has yet to look away from the man and didn't say anything. His mouth was agape like he had something to say, but nothing came out. 

After a long silence, Kai finally uttered the word, "Kyungsoo," like it was the name that he has yet to catch. His voice was longing and desperate. And for a second, I was rooting for him.

"Whose this," I finally asked. I looked between them, but neither have yet to peer their eyes away. Kyungsoo's eyebrow raised and a look of disgust took over his features. "I'm his lover." 

Then the feeling came back again. The feeling I never wanted to feel again. The feeling that has left me in the same place I was for four years straight. Well, sh*t. 

Suddenly a loud noise resonated in the now quite room. It all went by very fast. Like my brain was filled with smoke that tried to save me from the situation, cause I'm poetic like that. 

When Kai was gone, I felt like everything was gone. Like I was the only one in my life left that cared about my wellbeing. I needed to get out of here. I need to find someone. I don't know who, but SOMEONE. 

I get up and practically race out of the store when I feel a familiar pair of eyes on me. I freeze and look up, knowing that I probably just embarrassed myself in front of a friend or something. But nope. It's way worse. I look up and see Minho sitting in a booth with untouched food. Maybe that means he just got here and didn't hear that whole thing? 

Relying on that theory, I wipe my face and sniffle. His face is filled with confusion as to what happened, so that means that he didn't hear me. I start to open my mouth but everything goes black and the last thing I hear is a desperate plea of my name and feet shuffling towards me.