Chapter 7

Into His Eyes

Taemin's P.O.V.

I was rejected. 

Again.

Although, this time, I learned my lesson. I was stupid to think that Kai really did like me. Of course he would pick someone better, someone he deserves. I hear all the time that people love the ones they think that they deserve, and lately, I never seem to be that person to the ones I want it to the most. 

Not Kai. 

Not Minho.

Not anyone. It makes me wonder if I will ever find love again. Or if anyone will ever love me, but has anyone in the past? Now that I look back at it, everyone seemed to have saw me as the one whom is just there for a good night.

Maybe that's what I really am. A one-night stand. Maybe I should accept it. 

I already tuckered myself out from all the crying and self-loathing I have done and I need a drink. I get up from my place in the booth and head back over behind the bar. I start making myself a drink, getting weird looks by the customers near the bar. 

I go back over to my seat with three glasses of beer, not caring that I am at a public place, looking very pitiful by myself. 

I don't know what I did to deserve this. All I did was love people and I only ask that they love me back, but even now that seems like a dream. A foolish dream. 

I can't remember when I finished my drinks, but I knew it was enough when I saw six fingers instead of five. Wouldn't want to drink myself to death now would I?

My coworker, Ravi, came over to my booth and sat across me, sighing heavily. I couldn't really see properly, but I saw a worried expression cross his face as he studied me. 

He sighed again and spoke up, "Hey are you okay Taemin? I think it's best if you go home. I'll call someone for you." He pulls out his phone and I hear a voice coming from his phone but I couldn't care who it is, I just feel so tired. I just want to go home. If I even have one now. 

"Okay, stay here. I told him you are in this booth so don't move okay? I've gotta go, my shift already ended and I have to get home. Be safe okay?" He says as he gets up from the booth. I just simply nod tiredly, not wanting to move either way. That was until a rather handsome man decided to sit down across from me. 

"Are you here alone? Ya know it's not good to be alone at this time of night at a club. Want to dance?" He asks, offering his hand. Maybe the one thing I need is to forget. 

Minho's P.O.V.

I sit in bed, not feeling the heaviness I usually do around this time at night. I just came back from a late shift at work, and yet I still keep thinking about him. 

His rejection hit home when he refused to say anything but goodbye to me. I know he hates me, but I can't help but want things to be the way things were. They way we were in college: just a couple of kids that fell in love, but love was something that we couldn't handle, or maybe it was just me who couldn't handle the idea of commitment. 

I was lost in thought when my phone started to ring. It took me a while to realize, but I quickly looked at the number. It was Ravi. I haven't heard of him since college. He used to be a close friend of mine, but he kept away from me once I broke up with Taemin. He knows that I care about Taemin, so he still holds it against me. 

He knows that I met Taemin again because I trust him for advice. He seems pretty smart and wise for his age. 

"Hello," I answer groggily since I haven't spoken in three hours. 

"Hey, it's Ravi. I don't know i you know this, but Taemin is sitting here drunk off his a**, so can you come over and pick him up? I know it may be awkward but I don't know whom else to call."

I sit up in bed and put pants on while holding my phone and I grab my keys. "Yeah I will come now. Tell him not to go anywhere. Where is he?" I ask. 

"He's sitting in the booth next to the bathrooms with the purple curtains. I have to go, but make sure that someone doesn't grab him or something. The line is long outside, so come through the back. I'll tell Leo that you are coming just knock," He says hanging up. 

It only takes me about ten minutes to get to the club, so I don't even bother parking correctly. I walk to the back, avoiding any contact with the people making out against the wall and knock on the door. 

After a few seconds, Leo opens the door and takes a step back to let me in. I nod in thanks and quickly walk through the halls to the club while hearing Leo yell at the PDA people outside. 

Once I get to the booth with purple curtains, The are closed so I immediately pull them open, hoping to see Taemin's drunken state sitting there, but to my surprise, it was just a very pissed off couple. I closed the curtains without a care and look around for Taemin. 

I couldn't see him in a booth so I move to the dance floor. It was stupid to believe that Taemin would stay put when he's drunk. In college, he would always fall into temptation and peer pressure at parties when he was drunk, which makes me even more nervous. 

I look at the dance floor and I stand at a lone chair to see through the sea of dancing drunkards. I'm tall but not that tall. I see a flash of blonde hair and I see a drunken Taemin dancing with someone whom has his arms around him. I notice that the stranger is a bit taller than me and has a short beard and is wearing a flannel. 

In fury, I rush over to them and quickly snatch Taemin's hand, taking him out of the stranger's grasps. Taemin stumbles a little, but quickly gains his balance and gives me a quizzed look. 

The stranger proceeds to yell at me, but I just walk off with Taemin close behind me. I try to squeeze through some of the sweaty people, but I feel Taemin be dragged out of my hand. I quickly look back and see the stranger proceed to dance with Taemin. Taemin seems too tired to notice that he was being dragged around like a rag doll. 

Anger starts to boil in me as the stranger starts to grind himself against him. I have a look of disgust as I pull Taemin's arm again and the stranger grabs Taemin's other one. 

"Hey, get your own," he says. He is not a damn object! "I'm taking him home! He's too drunk to notice that you are just going to take advantage. Get lost hippie!" I yell. 

The lumber-ual looks at me with fire in his eyes and is about to protest when I look at Taemin's face. He has a look of discomfort and I notice that the stranger's fingers are digging into his arms. 

My patience starts to disintegrate and I don't know what came over me, but I punch him straight in the jaw, making the hand that was puncturing Taemin dive straight to the area. I believe that I have a pretty strong swing, but he looked unaffected, so I quickly hightail it out of there before he can look up again. 

With Taemin close behind me, I walk over to my car because as soon as we were outside, Taemin was huffing a lot because he only has alcohol in his system and he looks exhausted. I help him into the passenger seat and we drive off. 

As I come to a stop light, I feel a hand on my thigh going up and down, and I can promise you it is not mine. I look down to see that Taemin is near that area as he looks at me with a tired-seductive face. It's cute of him I must say, but he's drunk off his a** so I don't think much of it. People do crazy sh*t when they're drunk. 

I pull off Taemin's hand when the light turns green, but he just puts it right where he left it. "Quite," I finally say. Does he know how much he is affecting me right now? But I can't take advantage. Even though this has been a dream of mine, I can't let this destroy me. 

Taemin doesn't listen so I grab his hand and intertwine his fingers with mine. To stop him from doing it again obviously. He doesn't say anything so I look over. He is fast asleep with his head leaning near the window. During the remaining minutes of the way home, I steal quick glances at Taemin's tired face. He is still as adorable as I remember. It's been so long since I have really looked at him. 

As I park the car, I get out and practically carry him into the building, with the help of the doorman. I drag him over the polished floors with his arm over my shoulder and my arm around his slim waist. 

When I get to the elevators, the doors open to reveal that it was was empty. After all , it is almost 12:30 a.m. I get help Taemin lean over the wall because my arm was aching, and just when I was pulling back, he grabbed my shoulders again. 

He spins us around so that I was against the wall and I look down at him in curiosity. Taemin just looks at my neck and starts kissing my neck. I try to push him off, but he seems to gain his strength. This only seems to make him more eager and he pushes harder down, digging his teeth on the sensitive part of my neck, right about my ear. 

I moan and my will to push him away seems to go away along with my sanity. 

Oh it.

The elevator doors open and I quickly grab Taemin's hand and drag him through the empty hallway. I stop in front of my door to pull out my keys. Taemin proceeds to kiss my neck as I unlock my door. I finally get it open and pull him through. I slam the door behind us, not bothering to lock it and I lose my patience. I pull his shirt off and push him down onto the yellow couch. 

A/N: 

Okay so sorry it has been months since I have uploaded but I was planning out the outline for the story. I hope you Can understand and forgive me!! (;'༎ຶД༎ຶ')

And now since that is done, my updates will be WAY quicker and frequent. 

Thanks for reading! ILY!