Chapter 1

Into His Eyes

Minho's P.O.V.

I bolted up in my bed confused, to find myself alone in my dark room. The moonlight from the window seems lonelier then what I have anticipated. They must have left, I thought. I don't even remember their name. 

Every night I have the same dream. I'm riding a horse, then I come to a stop when I have a sudden attraction to a figure lying under a tree. But this time, I stepped to the figure. This time, I chased out for a light to find that the figure has also been found by someone other than me. 

I looked across the room to my alarm clock (it's across the room so that I can ACTUALLY get up in the morning) that reads: 3:00 a.m. I sit in my bed for what feels like forever, then I eventually get up to take a shower from my nightly activities from the strange woman at my church. Every once in a while, I will get laid to forget. To forget my memories of HIM. Sometimes I think my dreams are of him, now that I have seen further detail, but I have yet to remember what the figures face looks like.

My heart clenches at the thought of him getting another person that he calls his boyfriend, but it's been 3 years. I need to get over it. Especially since I was the one who dumped him. 

I reach my shower and turn on the faucet. Without thinking due to my lack of sleep, I jump in and yelp at the cold water that hits my back, letting me be full awake for the aftermath of my mistake. 

Once I was out, the sun started to rise, but my room still looked the same. Lonely. Because I'm the only one who stays here in the morning. 

I dress up in a long-sleeve blue stripped shirt, since it's still fall, and black skinny jeans. Two days ago I was in the coffee shop after getting home from working late when one of my old friends from college asked if we can meet sometime to catch up. I agreed since we were both busy people and this Saturday was the only time we were free. I snuck to the front door since it's too early for my mom to be awake. 

Since the coffee shop wasn't too far away from my house, I left my car in the driveway and walked towards the direction of the city. Once I arrived, I ordered a regular coffee with nothing added to REALLY help me wake up to be social enough, because trust me, he does talk a lot. 

I sat for 5 minutes until my phone buzzed notifying me that I have a message.

Hey, do you mind if my friend came with me? His boyfriend is out of town and he says that he is feeling lonely. He went to the same college as us. I think you met him at a party once. 

I look over the message and think about who I could have met at a party. Maybe I was too drunk to remember. 

Sure. Though don't be surprised when I don't remember who it was.

I sat for another 5 minutes and hear the door to the shop open and I look up to find Key strutting his way over to my direction. He had a somewhat smaller person trailing behind him, but was still a fair height of 5'9. I looked up to Key to see a crooked smile in his face and I looked at him confused. "What?" I asked. 

"Oh, nothing. I just haven't seen you in so long and you changed into a better man if I do say so myself," he winked. I cringed at the thought of him thinking of me weird. It's not like I'm 100% straight. I was gay for my old boyfriend, the only one I truly loved, but now he's gone and I should move on. 

A silence flooded the air while I waited for him to introduce his friend who was still hiding behind Key's small frame.  "Oh!" Key exclaimed, "I almost forgot. This Taemin." Key pushed the man from out behind him and it was as if the world was frozen for eternity. The one whom I couldn't get over. The one who haunts my dreams almost every night. He is standing just a few feet from me. I want to barf. 

All these years I have been awaiting this moment. All these years I have been planning on what I was going to say to him once I got the chance to be with him. But all that when away once I saw him. His brown eyes and his now bleach-blond hair is what crowded my vision. That was, until I saw a small hand wave in front of my face catching my attention. 

Once I was brought back to reality, I saw that the hand belonged to Taemin. He had a look of confusion contoured on his face. Did he not remember me?

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. What's your name?" he asked. His voice dragged me out of my dazed state and I shook my head for dramatic effect. "It's nice to meet you too. I'm Minho." I said, almost on autopilot.

Key and Taemin sat down, but it was as if my brain was controlling my body, while my heart kept replaying the memories of Taemin. Of his old brown hair, of his timid posture, but now. Now he was someone I didn't recognize. Now, He was confident and handsome instead of pretty. 

Then a thought stuck me. He moved on. Key said in the message that he had a boyfriend. Did I know him? Is he like me or is he the reason why my Taemin has changed?

Then suddenly, it was like time caught up to me. I then realized that Key has been babbling on and on about some photoshoot he was in and me and Taemin were nodding along. For about 30 minutes, I was able to talk about what I am doing now-a-days. I stole glances of Taemin when I was sure that he was looking at Key. He looked interested in whatever Key was talking about, and for some reason, that made me listen too. 

After about and hour and a half of talking, we both eventually had to go back to our daily lives since I had some things to do myself. When I came home though, I walked straight past my mother who was up and cooking breakfast to my room. I ignored all of shopping I had to do and just laid in bed all day. 

Man, I'm am still not over him.