Chapter 5

V: The Washington Crisis
Over at the T.V studios, Ralph Harrison stood with Commander Gerald and Sub-Commander Michele, just as Kristine Walsh was about to interview the Supreme Commander for a world exclusive.
The studio director counted down and when he gave the nod, the intro tune to the news magazine programme 'Capital Talk' played out around them. Ralph faced the camera with a welcoming smile, his voice held an air of confidence even though he felt a little nervous because Gerald was nearby.
"This is Ralph Harrison, and may I welcome you ladies and gentlemen to tonights edition of 'Captial Talk' - Tonight, highly regarded journalist Kristine Walsh - the very personality that brought us that astonishing feature aboard the New York mothership, is here with the Visitors Surpreme Commander, John - so please join me in putting your hands together for..... John...."
There was an amazing studio applause as John came onto the set with his arms out stretched  and carried that warm smile on his face. 
The applause lasted for quite awhile, as Kristine Walsh ushered to the pair of seats on stage and they both sat down.
Ralph turned to the camera, "over to you Kristine...."
Kristine gave him a quick smile and began her interview with a, "So....welcome to Washington, John - or should I say welcome to Planet Earth...I am gathering this is your first TV interview here on Earth, tell me....", she asked, ".....do you get much media attention back home.....?" 
John warmly smiled at the camera close up, "Well, Kristine....I'll just begin with this...it is an absolute pleasure to be here tonight...."
Ralph watched the interview from the sidelines, as he swallowed down a carton of water. Susan Feldman glanced at the monitor and came forward, Ralph was quite surprized to see her.
"Susan! I didn't know you were still here...."
Susan rose her eyebrows at him as she glanced towards the set, "Why not - I am apart of this news team, although you'd hardly credit it with the lack of interest getting me involved in anything..."
Ralph said nothing - he didn't know how to respond to that. Susan stared at the Visitor leader as he answered Kristine's question, then leaned in towards Ralph.
"did you know that we are not allowed to put the Visitors in a negative prospective? Orders from above..."
Ralph rose his eyebrows and noticed Gerald looking over to them....the Visitors eyes seem to narrow at them.
VVV
Ben Greene was not having a good day. He was being forced up against the wall by Randy Revell, who was having a bit of fun at his expense.
"Go on then....say it....tell me how much of a queer you are...come on..."
Ben stared at his tormentor with complete contempt. How he wished this bully would die a horrible death someday.
Joey Carter stood on the sidelines and did nothing to stop the situation. He felt the same inside although he was sometimes conflicted because he only seemed to let it happen because he wanted to be part of the gang. His parents were doctors, she should've have known better, but he just let it happen.
Randy shoved Ben to the ground and kicked him in the shins - laughed - and then decided to wrap up this latest bullying campaign.
Caitlin Ryan was running across the grass just as Ben was getting up and gathering up his college books, "Ben!"
"I okay!", he dismissed with a wave. Before Caitlin would respond, Ben marched off up the path towards the glass facade of the college.
Caitlin sighed and was about to follow when she noticed the media crew. Instantly she knew what it was all about. It was all about the 'Visitor friends youth scheme' she had seen advertised by Kristine Walsh on 'Good Morning America' while having breakfast that morning.
A Visitor squad vehicle was present on the grass and Randy and his friends were making a bee-line towards it, she could hear Zac Hargraves full of excitement, "I've just registered! They are recruiting at the gym hall"
VVV
Ross Morrell crossed the catwalks of the chemical plant at Baltimore. The sun was warm for the time of year, a balmy 77 degrees the weather girl had said as he ate breakfast that morning.
Alex Fisher was then hurrying towards him. He looked pretty much all hyped up.
"Ross! Ross I've been waiting for you"
Ross frowned - what the heck had got his goat up this morning? But he was starting to realise just as Alex started to answer.
"Adam is here - He and his team have come aboard to start the re-tooling this morning...surely you haven't forgotten?"
Ross was noticing the army-load of Visitor transport shuttles in the car-lot below, and he had clocked a couple as he drove in earlier.
Ross quickly chased after Alex down the catwalk . On route, he noticed a clear mix of human workers and Visitor Techncians. They were already starting to intergrate with one another with ease.
Adam, the lead Visitor Techncian was briefing some of his men as Alex stepped up to him.
"Adam? I am so sorry to interrupt, but I said I'd introduce you to my foreman, Ross Morrell...."
Adam turned and shook hands with Ross, "Nice to meet you Mr Morrell.....", Ross instantly noticed how cool the aliens skin was on his own, "......I see you have a fine workforce here...I am pleased to report that they are picking up their new routines quickly and efficantly"
Ross shook his head overwhelmed that the Visitor was pleased with his men, "thank you Adam...your men, I am sure, will have a great effect on them - I am sure together we are going to achieve great things.....and at the same time set this plant as one of the best in the country...if not the best"
Alex couldn't help smiling at that - he was thinking that himself, and was already wondering whether there was a bonus if it was.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX