Chapter 3

V: The Washington Crisis
That evening in New York, history was made on planet Earth. On the roof of the UN building, the Secretary General made first contact with the aliens - whom called themselves "the Visitors", an easy term for Earthlins to call them.
The whole nation, if not the whole world, were poised to their TV sets as a small white shuttle craft came out from the underbelly of the New York UFO, and glided it's way down in an array of camera strobes and flashes. 
The shuttle touched down onto the roof platform and was witnessed by an army of armed UN soldiers and by the worlds media. 
The Secretary General stood at the open ramp of the alien shuttle and from within, he was summoned aboard using the gentlemen's native Swedish tongue.
VVV
Neil Armstrong sat watching this for himself in his family living quarters at the White House. Gillian came and sat beside him, she pushed her hand into his as they were fixed to the TV screen.
VVV
Edward Kennedy and his wife had organised a party at their George town mansion. All the party guests watched the events unfold on the TV screen. The silence intense as they sipped at their fine champagne.
VVV
The "Visitors" Supreme Commander called himself 'John'...for he explained intently that their native real names would be too difficult for human-beings to pronounce, so he and his fellow Visitors had chosen simple Earth names as a result.
John stood on the ramp of his shuttle-craft after a formal introduction from the Secretary General. John needed a pair of dark shades to protect his light sensitive eyes from the constant flashes from the cameras of the worlds media.
The World was relieved to say the least. The E.T's were just like us...outwardly human in appearance and garbed up in an orangey reddish military style uniform.
John informed the watching world that they had come in peace to all of mankind, and had travelled some 8.7 light years from their homeworld - the third planet from the star humans call Sirius.
They had come to us - because they needed our help - their planet was eco-logically dying - and no longer could support life itself.
A chemical compound they needed to manufacture from Earth - that no longer exists on their own planet - was their only hope of saving their ailing world - and in return they would gladly share all the fruits of their supreme knowledge.
VVV
The planet partied all night - as a shuttle craft took news reporters, Kristine Walsh, Michael Donovan and Ralph Harrison up aboard the Mothership over New York.
The Following days news revealed much about their exclusive trip and an insight to how the alien Visitor friends lived aboard their 50 ships.
The envesus was...there was great days lying ahead.
VVV
Caitlin Ryan came across the grass of the college to see her friend Ben Greene sitting on a bench.
"Hi...wasn't last night fantastic!", Caitlin cried full of excitement and still felt all of the thrill from the night before.
Ben clutched his books and stood up nodded at her, "history in the making! I feel like life is gonna change for everyone"
Joey Carter then was coming along the path with his buddys Randy Revell and Zac Hargraves. Ben pulled a sigh as he made to leave.
"That's all I need..."
Randy stepped forward - his grin was the one of menace, "Ohhh look who it is!"
 Joey and Zac couldn't help but laugh - Ben was the only open homoual guy at the college - a decision that hadn't done him any favours so far - in this case, honesty wasn't the best policy.
He looked towards Caitlin and stormed off up the path to the main building of the college.
Randy and Zac shrugged - their usual fanfair of torment was overode by the main topic of conversation that day - the Visitors from Sirius.
Joey went to follow them, but half glanced back at Caitlin as he did do.
"Why do you have to be such a jerk?", she quibbed.
Joey went to reply but it was too late, Caitlin was half way down the path.
VVV
Angela Kennedy closed her locker and approached the hall way window where she could view in awe at the Washington Mothership. Beth Cordingley and Kerry Laden were then at her side.
"Hey...I was wondering...do you think there are any attractive guys aboard those UFOs?", asked Kerry.
Angela glanced at her friend with a grin, "I hope so! There are gonna be some fun times ahead if there are!"
VVV
The Visitor's Supreme Commander stood at the doorway of the Oval office at the White House. Hands held out he marvelled a, "It is a complete honour to be here...I am told it is a place of great history"
The President laughed it off as he lead the way into the office, " there are places with greater histories around the world, John..."
John stepped forward with a warm smile. His entourage of aids and advisors behind him.
"and I will be pleased to see them...but first I would like to discuss some good-will tours - I gather your people would like to meet our people in the flesh if you like - and it will help ease us gently into your society"
The President's advisors and officals agreed. Fred Follery said, "yes it is extremely important to promote good relations between our two peoples - make sure that the hand of friendship is genuine"
John stood aside and ushered his hand towards one of his female Visitor aids, "My thoughts exactly Mr Follery, which is why I must introduce you to Deborah...she will be working as our relations officer here in the Washington area...she...and many of her counterparts in other cities here and around the world will help promote friendly interaction between our people...and yours"
VVV
The open top bus came up Capitol hill in a fanfare. Bands played and the spectator crowds cheered in delight and awe as the Visitors Supreme Commander was joined by Gerald, the Commander of the Washington flagship, and his second in command Michele. They all smiled and waved at the crowds, all sporting their custom dark visors and standard caps on their heads.
 The cheering crowds lined both sides of the streets towards the Senate office, some waving the now familiar red and black Visitor symbol banners. Ralph Harrison was in the Capitol building grounds with a news crew. With a microphone in his grasp, he reported the events to the viewers at home.
"It's been a week since our Visitor friends came to Earth, and feeling is at an all time high here in the nations Capital - a marvelous display that will play out in all our cities around the country and of course, around the world..."
In the crowd, Kath Wagner and Maggie Winters waved out their home made Visitor flags, "aren't they just all so fab!" gasped Maggie, all teeth and smiles.
Kath nodded as she watched the good will tour bus get further away from them - there was an army of police squad cars following along behind the entourage.
"Beats the hell out of going to work!"
Maggie sighed in sudden disappointment, "Ohhhh is that it? aren't they not going to make a second pass?"
Kath laughed at her friend, " You don't ask for much, do you Mags? But then again, us working in a law firm, when are we ever gonna get a chance to meet up with any of them?"
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX