Come To You

Is It Worth It? (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A vibration from his pocket distracted his thoughts. Aiden fished out the phone and read the text that was flashed across the screen.

I have an emergency. Can you go home by yourself? You did bring your umbrella, right? I’ll buy you gummy bears tomorrow. Take care and don’t tire yourself too much.

A sigh escaped his lips at the message of his cousin. Well, he has to retrace his steps back to the west hallway if he wanted to reach home early. He was not gonna let some Jung Soojung or Krystal Jung or whatever to affect him.

Aiden managed to reach the west parking in a couple of minutes. The rain was still as strong as before, so he rummaged through his bag for an umbrella. Luckily, he brought it this day though he did not expect to use it.

A post light beside the stairwell singlehandedly lit up the hallway and empty parking. His eyebrows furrowed when he saw a silhouette figure by the wall in front of the stairs.

The steps he took suddenly became heavier yet faster. When he stopped just at the open arch, he saw a trembling Krystal, hugging her knees for comfort.

He bit his lip in regret as he continued to watch the figure. Aiden noticed how her shoulder jumped up when thunder filled his ears.

‘Scared of thunder, huh? Why are you still sitting there then? He’s not coming back even if you spend the night here.’

‘But I’ll come to you, brat. Thank my parents for raising me right.’

Krystal flinched when she felt a large coat draped over her wet figure. She also noticed how she was not getting wet anymore despite the continuous rain.

She looked up slowly to see the one who did this. A part of her hoped it was Kai but a part of her also knew it was impossible. She wanted him back but she wasn’t sure if he wanted her back especially after she saw him kissing another girl when she was about to meet Aiden for tutor.

A spark of hope ignited when she bumped into him earlier. It was like they were back to their carefree days when she felt loved by the boy. When she felt that he would do any thing to spend more time with her even if it meant to lie about his ankle. Kai was an athlete for God’s sake so it would take more than that to injure him.

Her short daydream ended as abrupt as it started. The moment her eyes landed on Aiden’s, she felt disappointed in herself for letting Kai knock his way to her again. She knew she had to make the latter work hard if he wants to be a part of her future once more.

“I know I look good but we have to go if you don’t want to get sick.” Aiden bended his knees a little to better protect the girl from the rain. His lower body slowly being drenched. He stretched out his free hand.

Krystal contemplated on whether to grab his hand or not. She chose the latter and stood up herself.

“I’m going home.” She said coldly as the memories of earlier event flooded her mind. Krystal remembered the disappointment and she did not want to hear anything about earlier from Aiden. She was about to remove the coat but was interrupted by a rough hand. She watched as Aiden shook his head and she was grateful at his insistence.

“Should I call a cab?” He asked in his usual indifferent tone.

She did not utter a reply instead she went down the stairs. Krystal continued walking the pavement. Even after they left the campus, the man did not leave her side- or rather back since he was busy providing shade for the woman.

The rain did not have mercy as it continued to wash the ground. Aiden was drenched from head to toe by the time they exited the campus.

He continued following her though he noticed that they already went past his home. Even the café wherein they were supposed to do their session, which was a fifteen-minute walk away from his home, had become distant for his vision.

Soon after, the woman stopped in front a white mansion that was guarded by tall charcoal black gates which towered over them.

Aiden watched her pressed a button on the side and the gates immediately opened. Several maids and two men with a large build welcomed them. The two men held an umbrella and when one was about to shade him, he refused by stepping back.

An old maid that was holding her own umbrella caught his attention.

“Are you a friend of the young lady? Please come in.” She had soft features even though the wrinkles present on her face made her look old.

“I’m okay, grandmother. She showered in the rain by the way so remind her to wash up.” Aiden said respectfully to the elder before turning around and walking home. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter