Ice Cream Disaster

Is It Worth It? (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung hummed in thought as she rummaged through her closet, looking for a good outfit. Well, the cause of the uproar of her room was no other than Aiden. Not that she wanted to impress the man but she needed to look at least presentable.

They were about to meet for a tutoring session in a café downtown. Actually there's only about 30- make that 29 minutes exactly before their meeting, and here she was still struggling to pick a crop top or a plain shirt to match with her short shorts. After deciding to wear the latter, she now faces the struggle on what to wear for her footwear.

"Krystal?" A voice said in a singsong manner.

"Unnie!" Krystal exclaimed at the sight of her older sister, Jessica Jung. The latter was just a year older and just got into college earlier this academic year.

"Hey there, little sis! What you doin'?" Jessica asked as she laid down on the pile of clothes atop the large bed. She figured that she must be going to a date with Kai since she's always like this and running late for her date. "Ahhh. Need a little help?" She groaned when she felt a hanger poking her back harshly which made her sat up straight. "Don't forget to clean this mess by the way." Jessica reminded the younger as she hissed away the pain.

"Of course." Krystal rolled her eyes at the thought of cleaning her room. Probably the maids will fix it. "For now, unnie. You must help me. Should I wear this?" She raised a pair of white stilettos. "Or this?" On the other hand, she raised a plain white low cut rubber shoes.

Jessica thought for a moment before picking the latter with a thumbs up on her hand. "You need to be comfortable if you're gonna spend a long time with him." She smiled warmly at her sister despite not liking him pertaining to Kai due to several reasons.

"Thanks!" She graced her with a smile as she immediately tie the shoes on her feet. Realizing a part of what the latter said, she inquisitively raised an eyebrow. She could not have possibly known about Aiden so why...

KRING KRING

Her phone rang from a distance. Just as she was finished, she quickly picked up the phone. The thought of her older sister possibly involved with her gangster playmate dismissed.

"Where are you?" An angry voice welcomed her instead of the usual greeting.

"Oh. Hello, sir. I'm on my way." Krystal said on a teasing voice which annoyed the man further.

"If you're not here by 5. We'll call the deal off."

"C-chill! Wait." Instead of a reply, she received a dial tone signalizing the end of the call. She picked up her shoulder bag and raced downstairs. Before she was able to completely exit the door, she heard her sister said. "Good luck on your date, baby sis!"

Krystal was too busy to think of anything else rather than hurrying the hell up. Thankfully, the cafe was just a 5 minute walk from their house and having the luxury of riding a car, she could arrive there in no less than 3 minutes.

Aiden's POV

I sat patiently on a table- too patiently. According to my time, she's running 13 minutes and 28 seconds late. I was planning on bailing out but decided against it due to my responsibility as her assigned mentor. If I had known that she'd be this late, I could have accumulated more rest. Yesterday night took too much toll on my body but I can handle it fortunately.

"Sir. Would you like to order now?" A waitress came over. Actually this is her third or fourth time since I've arrived, and I wanted to let out some steam but decided against it. There are some customers after all and I don't want more attention than needed.

"Later." I dismissed her while shooing her away with my hand.

"Perhaps are you waiting for your girlfriend?" Holy crap. This girl. I screamed internally at annoyance both at the peste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter