Worried

Is It Worth It? (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal just finished changing into her nightwear. She donned a gray shorts and pastel pink shirt while her hair was tied into a messy bun.

She tossed and turned atop the neat bed. For some reason, sleep cannot shroud her mind. Her body was tired. She knew that. The mindless walking made her feet ache but she just could not fall asleep.

Her mind flew back to earlier. The newly laundered coat that hung by the door of her closet reminded him of Aiden.

‘He wasn’t so bad after all.’

She was grateful at the guy for walking her home. She wanted to invite him inside but she was busy with her thoughts and she thought that they urged him inside. The old maid whom she is close with only told her later that Aiden rejected their invitation.

Krystal made a mental note to thank the guy later. For now, she needed to sleep and she could only do that after a warm glass of milk.

She went to the kitchen downstairs and made herself a glass of milk. As she was about to place the used glass on the sink, she accidentally dropped it.

“Shoot.” Krystal sighed exasperatedly before crouching and picking up the large pieces of glass. The glass managed to cut her skin lightly. She immediately dropped the pieces of glass and tended to her wound.

The kitchen lights opened and a drowsy old maid welcomed her sight.

“Are you okay, young lady? Let me clean these up.” The maid went to get a broom and dust pan.

“Yes, thank you, halmeoni. I’m going up my room.”

Krystal cleansed her wound in the sink before wrapping the finger in her cloth tightly. Once she was up her room, she grabbed a first aid kit and did the necessary treatment.

Midnight Reverie

Aiden managed to elbow the perpetrator behind him which effectively knocked the latter down for good. He was not dead yet but he will surely stay unconscious for a couple hours.

Several guards entered the octagon and dragged the bloodied man away from Aiden. They would probably kill him, sell him, or something since he disobeyed the rules of the octagon.

Fortunately the knife did not plunge in too deep since he was able to stop Eunhyuk. However, this did not stop him from writhing in pain.

Aiden clutched his wound as he fell down on his knees. His vision deteriorated probably from fatigue and flowing blood. He managed to focus his sight on the old man in front of him.

From afar, he looked like a professional businessman or political figure, but Aiden doubt he is professional. Judging from the latter’s presence in the club, Aiden guessed he was just another one of those who are engaged in illegal matters.

A doctor soon entered the octagon and she attended to the teenager before calling on two guys from the fighter lineup for help. Two big guys entered the octagon and helped Aiden stood up.

The last thing Aiden saw before his eyes gave up on him was the old man. The old man who was wearing a proud smile.

School

“How did your talk with Aiden go? You two still going on with your childish game?”

“Right! I bet my little boy is frustrated.”

They all except Krystal laughed at Kris’ statement. The former was currently staring out in blank space whilst her hand supported her chin.

It was already lunch and the four were eating together. Ever since the connection between Amber and Krystal, the boys and Sulli formed some kind of bond as well. They occasionally hang out together and treat each other as siblings despite the short time they knew each other.

“Krystal.”

“From Earth to Krystal.” A hand waved in front of the brunette before she snapped out of her trance.

“What? What is it?” Krystal asked the three who were staring at her weirdly.

“If you want to say something. Do it.” She grew impatient at the awkward stares they were giving her.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter