Disappointed

Is It Worth It? (Indefinite Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aiden's POV

I was busy swimming in my own deep thoughts on how the hell did Krystal pass the exam. True, she was a hard nut to crack but she was able to correctly answer my questions after hours. We were so busy that night at the ice cream parlor that I wasn't able to notice the appearance of the night skies if not for the waitress who notified us that that they were about to close.

"Did she study for the exam? Hm.. Why?" I sighed exasperatedly. When I have finally accepted my failure to get rid of her, I observed that the sun was about to set.

Guess she isn't coming by today.

We had a deal- that night I tutored her - that we must meet at the rooftop every time there is an exam. It was to see if she's still in the game or not. Also, we had to meet here every time she deemed fit as long as it has something to do with our game.

I grabbed my coat and hanged it on my left shoulder while the other occupied a strap of my bag. The hallway had yet to be closed since the lights was still on. I passed by the detention room and a couple of students there. Some were busy writing while the others who seemed to be regulars conversed with one another.

The next room after that was the infirmary. Maybe it was just coincidence that it was put right beside the detention area or it really was intended.

Since I saw that the clinic was still open, I decided to stop by so that I can hitch a ride from Vic noona. I carelessly walked into the room and sat in front of the nurse desk. The curtains for the first ward was closed but I paid it no mind.

"There's really nothing wrong with you, Mr. Kim." It must be Vic unnie. She's speaking with that annoying sweet voice. Yuck.

"Are you sure? There must be something wrong. My.. uhm.. ankle is hurting. Yes! My ankle hurts." That voice. It sounds familiar but I can't pinpoint it right away.

"Can you prescribe him pain killers?" Another familiar voice but this time it's a female's.

I shrugged the thoughts of guessing the owners of the voice after a second or so. It's just a waste of energy besides I don't really care. Although I gave up on identifying them, the course of their conversation still has me on hook. The patient must be very petty for him to suggest that he is injured.

I'm not bragging when I say that Vic noona is one of the best in her field. She can immediately diagnose whether a patient has sprained or fractured their bones. Also, she can apply from simple to the most complex first aid treatment efficiently until the ambulance arrive. Therefore this patient who's complaining must be faking it.

"I'm afraid that is not possible. If it is really painful, just apply cold compress and keep it elevated."

"That will do. You heard her? Just do those things and you'll be fine."

I heard Vic noona excused herself. I waved my hand when I saw her and surprise was evident on her face. She deliberately asked what was I doing here.

"I'm here to hitch a ride." I said while playing with the stethoscope. Vic noona lives farther from my place but she frequently visits me mostly during early weekdays to wake me up. She told me to stay with her at the mansion but I doubt that I am welcomed there.

She initially rejected me but after a few minutes, she eventually agreed. She went inside the closed ward and said something to the patient which I did not listen to because I was too busy drifting into space.

"Hey kiddo. Lock up the room after they leave, will you? I'll fetch the car." I replied with a thumbs up and caught the keys that she threw.

TICK TOCK

TICK TOCK

TICK TOCK

What the hell was taking these two to move? It's quarter to seven already. I still have work to do.

I stood up from my comfortable position and was about to pull the curtains when it suddenly opened. Krystal. I felt my eyebrows furrowed at thought of her presence here. Not th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter