Six.

κακό mageía (Misused of Magic)

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment~ <3

 


 

 


 

The sound of loud thud was heard all over my room. The book dropped from my hand and onto the hard wood of the floor.

 "H-how...", I gasped out loud.

I bend over to pick up the book and when my finger touched it, "Ouch!", there was a spark. It was electrifying and I saw a glimpse of blue light from the spark. I furrowed my eyebrow as I try to pick it up again but this time, I wore a snow glove and touched it.

 

There was no reaction so I pick it up and put it on my desk. I sat on the chair and began to hyperventilate. I took a few breathes before desperately brought my laptop in front of me. I searched for Grimoire and just like I thought, the result from Google was, 

 

gri·moire
ɡrimˈwär/
noun
noun: grimoire; plural noun: grimoires
  1.  

    a book of magic spells and invocations.
     

 

My eyes twitched, "Wh-what?" I spent another 10 minutes searching about Grimoire and the result was still the same. It was a freaking spell book that I thought was stupid but guess what? That stupid thing just magically appeared in my bedroom! Do I feel safe? Nope. Do I feel haunted? Yes. Is this creepy? Hell yes. 

 

Finally, after thinking for a while, I opened the first page of the book but it was weird. The contents were different. Last time I check, everything was in English and had drawings but this time, it was in Greek. And what was the weirdest part? I can read it all easily...in Greek. I've never learned Greek before but this is too much. My legs were shaking and adrenaline rushed through my body. I read the contents out loud in Greek fluently.

 

The first page had a little warning,  " Θα πρέπει να χρησιμοποιήσετε το βιβλίο με σύνεση ή θα πρέπει να αντιμετωπίσει τις συνέπειες καθώς ο χρόνος περνάει."

In English,

"You shall use the book wisely or you shall face the consequences as time pass by."

 

"Well, alrighty then." I rolled my eyes at the warning, not taking it seriously, I flipped through the pages until one caught my eye. It was a spell for beauty. I became more interested in the book as I read the contents carefully with my eyebrow furrowed. "It won't hurt to at least try, right?" I muttered alone as I read the spell outloud, "mou kánei ómorfi, me kánei na kokaliáriko!"
 
 
I closed my eyes tightly and hugged myself for a while until arms felt numb. I opened my eyes but.....nothing.
 
I ran towards the mirror and was appalled when I saw how different I look. How beautiful I look. I lifted my arms and legs easily without any extra fat. My smile grew bigger when I saw my curvy body and long shiny black hair. I look stunning. I went closer to my mirror and saw how flawless I looked. W-wait, I didn't wear my glasses.
 
 
"I-I can see clearly!" I shouted as I touched my nose, jaw line, cheeks. Everything was perfect. I was finally acne-free! I played with my perfectly proportioned body and my hands landed on my . I screamed as I touched it. It was huge.
 
"I have s!" I screamed loudly again.
 
"Honey, is there something wrong?" I heard my mum shouting from downstairs.
 
I quickly opened the door and shouted back, "N-no! I just fell. Goodnight mum!" I shut the door and lock it.
 
I went to the mirror again and quickly covered my mouth with my hand before I start screaming again. "Damn, damn, damn, damn." I chant quietly as I play with my shiny long hair. I continued to stare at myself until I fell asleep on the floor.
 
 



That morning, I wore loose sweaters to hide my skinny body and tie my newly long hair into a bun. I finish my look with a pair of fake glasses that I bought last summer because it was pretty and I thought it was hipster-ish.

"Had a goodnight sleep, honey?" My mum said as she busies herself with washing the dishes while my dad was reading newspaper beside me.

"Kind of." I replied.

 

My dad wraps the newspaper he was reading and puts it down beside his plate. "So, I've been thinking about going for a vacation," he puts a bacon into his mouth, "And I was--OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE NAYEON!?" He choked on the bacon he was eating and I quickly gave him a glass of water.

 

My mum ran towards us, "What happened? Why is he choking--OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE NAYEON?!" She said as she went closer to me and embraced my face but it was more like rubbing my face harshly.

 

I couldn't help but laugh at both of them, "You two are really match made from heaven." I rolled my eyes, "It's nothing. Just a new product I started using. Guess I'm gonna buy more of it." I forced a smile.

 

"Wow." My parents said in sync.

 

"So dad," I look at him, "What was the vacation you said again?"

 

 

Turns out the vacation he said was just for me. It was a vacation to the Gym. He already bought a membership card for me and I had to go everyday. But what was the fun part of it? I didn't even need to work out. I mean, I just had to fake an exercise for half an hour to make everyone believe I actually work hard for this skinny body.

 

After wasting half an hour at the Gym, I went to the nearest cafe to get a blueberry cheese layered cake and a nice cup of hot latte.What I did not expect was to meet some of my classmates at the cafe. What I regret is wearing a tank top and tights, revealing my skinny figure.

 

At first, they did not recognize me. They stared at me for an hour since I first entered the cafe. I sighed heavily before walking towards them, "Do you have a problem with me?" I said with a deadpan tone. 

 

Oh . It was Hyorin and her annoying peeps.

 

"We-uhh-nothing." One of then stuttered and I recognize her, it was Hara.

 

This was finally my time to get revenge, to shove this beauty up their faces. "Oh,hey Hara!" I faked a smile to her.

 

"D-do I know you?" She stuttered again flabbergasted that I knew her.

 

Finally, the moment I've been waiting for, "It's me, your classmate, Im Nayeon!" I cheerfully introduced myself to them. I could not forget the look in Hyorin-that -face when I said my name. All of them had the same look in their eyes. Shock, bewildered, confused.

 

"O-oh, where did you came from?" Hara said, trying to cover her appalled face.

 

"I just got back from the Gym and trying to get a peaceful drink before I go home but here we are." I forced another smile at her.

 

Hyorin lifted her head up and stared at me. Finally, after a few seconds of staring, she spoke up, "What happened to you?"

 

I smiled at her before saying, "Well, I work out every minute I had and kept a strict diet", I lied to them.

 

"That's really magical." Hara squeked.

 

I look at her and stuttered, "Y-yeah, it really is magic."

 


 

Next chapter will be the debut of two new characters. 

 

JAEHYUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3


 

(hot as fork)

 

TAEYONGGGGG!!! 

 

 

thanks for reading! bye <3