Ten.

κακό mageía (Misused of Magic)


 

"Nayeon!"

 

I followed Bobby into a cafe and was greeted with a surprised hug from Chanwoo. He looked at me with huge grin plastered on his face before speaking, "Wah, it has been so looooong! Wah...look at you now....Wah...." Chanwoo patted my head.

 

I rolled my eyes playfully at him before slapping his hand away from my head, "Stop it, you're exhagerating. You recognize me?"

 

"Ofcourse I do but Jiwon texted earlier saying you would come hang with us." He smiled sheepishly at me.

 

I frowned at his response before saying, "I knew it."

 

Chanwoo scoffed loudly before he quickly hold my hands with a flirty smile as he says, "I know this is sudden but would you want to date with me?" He winked at me and I quickly shoved his head and earned a yelp from him.

Bobby stood beside Chanwoo and surprised him with a head lock and I watch them as they fight among themselves. I could hear Bobby say, "Don't make stupid jokes like that you face!"

 

Chanwoo struggled in Bobby's arm but managed to reply, "I wasn't joking!" He looks at me and winked playfully to me but I joined Bobby by throwing weak punches at Chanwoo.

 

"Guys, what are you doing?" 

 

I turned around and saw a group of boys looking at us. There were five pair of eyes staring at the scene in front of them. Bobby let Chanwoo off and he cleared his throat.

"Uhh, this is Nayeon." Bobby pointed towards me and I smiled awkwardly to them.

 

A boy wearing a snapback laughed loudly when my name was mentioned and I stared  at him with a frown on my face.

He quickly added, "So this is the girl Bobby always talks about?" As in on que, the other boys placed their hands on the boy's mouth and Chanwoo's eyes widened in horror as  he says, "W-what he meant was, me and Jiwon always talks about you and our little andventure in the country side. Ha ha ha." Chanwoo laughed awkwardly while he scratch his head.

 

Jiwon look at me, and unlike the other boys, he was calm-atleast he's trying to be. I stared back at him with confusion in my eyes but he replied with, "They are usually like this. Hope you don't mind." I smiled back as he assured me that they were good guys.

 

The boy with snapback shoved their hands away as he grinned widely at me, "Sorry about earlier. I'm Hanbin." He said as he strecthed out his hand and I carefully took it.

 

"Your name is Hanbin? Sounds familiar." I said as I pulled back my hand.

 

Hanbin smirked at me as he says, "I know," he flipped his hair playfully, "I'm the popular one in this ugly group."

The other boys scoffed loudly at him and laughed heartedly. "But you can call me B.I, it's more cooler that way." He smiled cheekily at me and I swear I've seen him somewhere but I shrugged the thought away when a tall boy scoffed loudly beside me.

 

"Using biual as your street name is not cool at all," The tall boy said as he turned his gaze towards me, "by the way, I'm Junhoe." After he introduced himself to me, Hanbin punched  Junhoe's stomach and he groaned loudly.

 

I heard a whistle ,"You should never mess with B.I," a boy smiled at me, "I'm Jinhwan and I'm the oldest."

 

"and the shortest!" someone shouted and I turned my back to a boy with a sweatshirt smiling at me. His smile was like an angel and so innocent, I couldn't help but smile back at him. He stood beside me as he took my hand and shook it cheerfully, "I'm Donghyuk, the angel of this group."

 

I stared back at him and asked, "You're the what?"

 

"He's the angel of the group because he never gets involve in anything violence. He even watches Disney everyday so....," a boy with messy black hair smiled at me, "I'm Yunhyeong." He grinned at me and I nodded my head at him.

 

"So, that's all of my friends." Jiwon popped out of nowhere and clinged his arm onto my shoulders.

 

I turned my head to him and asked with pleading eyes, "Can we go eat now?" Jiwon stared at me for a second before he chuckles and nodded to me, "But not here. I prefer Burger Kings than a hipster cafe."

 

The boys laughed at my statement and Bobby simply replied, "Sure."

 

 

 

"I'm sorry but you can't bring outside food here." 

 

The worker with a weird name, Ten-I saw his nametag-asked B.I to take out his Big Mac from the restaurant. The boys were muffling their laughter and I was the first to burst out laughing, followed by the boys. The reason for this scene in front of me as, B.I lost a bet that as made by Jiwon.

The last one to find a white dog will have to eat a McDonald's Big Mac in a Burger King's restaurant.

 

Honestly, I thought I would lose but B.I's stamina was zero compare to mine. I know who my victim in the future is going to be now. Hanbin.

 

At the end of the day, we all got up and walk out of the Burger King to have a little picnic at the nearest park. I sat, legs crossed beside Chanwoo on the dry brown grass and Jiwon sat in front of me.

 

"That was the most embarrassing day of my 19 years of existence." B.I sighed heavily as he shook his head.

 

"No that wasn't. Remember when you asked a girl for her number but when she turned around, she had a beard and a bushy mustache!" Yunhyeong said and the whole group except me laughed their hearts out.

 

I stared at them with confusion and asked clueless, "H-how is that even possible?"

 

Jiwon turned his head to me and answered, "Turns out, that she was a he!" I finally got the joke and laughed along with them. 

After a few jokes and puns thrown to each other, I finished my burger and took a sip of my drink but to my disappointment, there was no liquid left. Jiwon turned his head to me and grabbed his drink,

"Here, drink mine." He said as he pushed the red can to me.

 

I took a long sip before giving him a grateful smile and muttered a thanks. He took the can from my hand and took a sip, "Hey! You drank it all."

 

I looked at him innocently, "No, I didn't," he gave me a long look and I gave in, "Alright, maybe I did drank it all." I rolled my eyes at him.

 

He gasped at me before saying, "You monster." 

 

I shoved him slightly with my shoulder, "Shut up." I giggled at him as he ruffles my hair.

 

"Awww, how cute."

 

Both Jiwon and I turned our heads to see a group of boys staring at us. Yunhyeong was the owner of the voice earlier.

 

"You just indirectly kissed our Jiwon." Junhoe said and the boys laughed at his joke. In contra of the boys teasing us, I looked at Jiwon and saw a tinge of red on his cheeks. I couldn't blame him, I was flustered as well.

 

Jiwon cleared his throat and spoke up, "It's getting late, w should probably get you back home now." He said as he got up and the rest of the boys followed him. I was about to get up on my own when Jiwon offered his hand and I gracefully took it.

 

Have you ever felt that electrifying sensation with just one touch? It was as if there were sparks flowing when his skin comes in contact with mine. I gulped at the feeling and quickly brushed it off.

 

I have a boyfriend. I told myself for the nth time of the day.

 

"Hey Nayeon, can I have your number?" 

 

I turned my head around to see Jiwon shyly fidgeting his fingers, "Sure." I say and he smiled as he pulled out his phone and gave it to me.

 

I pressed in my number and silently laughed as I save my number in his phone.

 

I smiled as I stared at the phone's screen,

IM NAYEON THE FABULOUS GIRL IN TOWN YOU BETTER BOW DOWN.

 

 

That night, I couldn't sleep soundly. I kept on waking up in the middle of the night. The dreams was vivid in my mind but I could recall the old lady from the bookstore saying, "I've warned you about the book."

 

There was also a dream about an angel playing around in a garden with it's wings.

But there were also a dream about a devil with horns on it's head laughing hysterically at me.

There was also other dreams too but I couldn't remember any.

 

As a result of a sleepless night, I got a headache first thing in the morning and when I look into the mirror, I saw how horrible the state of my eye bags. I took a quick shower and got ready for the day as per usual.

 

But something was off this morning. The air around me was colder than usual and gave a chill surrounding to me. When I walk into the kitchen I was greeted by my mother but.....there was something off today. Really, off today.

 

I furrowed my eyebrow together as I step closer to my mother,I saw that thing clearly. 

 

"M-mum....." I stuttered as I call for my mother.

 

She turned around and hastily said, "Go eat your breakfast now you'll be late."

 

I step closer to her and shook my head, "N-no mum, what is that on your shoulders?" I said almost whispering the last words.

 

She eyed me worriedly before looking at her shoulders, "There's nothing over here,Nayeon. Go have your breakfast now." 

 

I shook my head vigorously at her. I swayed my hands just above her shoulders and touched it.

 

They were real and I think I'm the only one that can see them.

 

Infront of my eyes were two pair of creatures.

 

A mini devil, glaring at me for touching him.

 

.....and a mini angel, smiling sweetly to me.

 


 

Yeyyyy I manage to update this story~~~~~~~~~~ And it's chapter 10 and I got the worker's name TEN. Okay BYE. #NCTUSQUAD

Thanks for reading >3<

 

Next chapter will be quite rated but just a little okay.....maybe.